Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike (36570 Views)

The Condition Of Community Secondary School Ubima, Only School In Amaechi's Town / Result Sheet Misses In Amaechi’s Unit In Rivers Rerun / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by sayyid(m): 6:45am On Oct 06, 2015
The Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, has insisted that he has no interest in the appointment of his predecessor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, as a minister.

Wike was reacting to claims by the All Progressives Congress that he was orchestrating a protest against Amaechi’s expected appointment as a minister.

Speaking through his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Opunabo Inko-Tariah, in Port Harcourt, on Monday, the governor described the claim that he was working against Amaechi’s likely emergence as a minister as spurious and malicious.

He maintained that the appointment of Amaechi had nothing to do with the governance of Rivers State, adding that it was the right of the President to select those that would work with him as ministers.

“It is not only spurious, but fatuous and malicious. Governor Wike has no cause to orchestrate a protest against the appointment of Rotimi Amaechi.

“Let me reiterate for the umpteenth time that the governor has no nexus with the appointment of Amaechi or otherwise. It is the right of the President to appoint anybody of his choice provided such an appointment is in sync with the relevant laws.

“The appointment of Amaechi will definitely have no bearing on the governance of Rivers State. There are crucial issues the governor is more concerned with which are issues of the state and not trifles like the appointment of Amaechi.

“It is apparent that the APC in Rivers State has exhausted its basket of lies and barren propaganda but still wants to be heard or noticed despite its waned popularity in the state,” Wike said.

He condemned the allegation by the APC, adding that the spreading of falsehood as a stratagem by the party had failed.

“Governor Wike’s concern now is to clear the rubbish Amaechi left behind in his eight years of maladministration that impoverished the state and the people.

“Therefore, if the APC is dispensing such unfounded falsehood as a stratagem, it has failed. Or, is the APC distraught that Amaechi might not scale through the screening because of his antecedents?

“If that is the problem, it (APC) should think of how to sort it out and not spread falsehood to gain sympathy. Governor Wike is not interested in Amaechi’s matter because it is inconsequential,” he added.

www.punchng.com/news/im-not-interested-in-amaechis-appointment-wike/

8 Likes

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by SeverusSnape(m): 6:46am On Oct 06, 2015
Nice one. We already know B00HARI is corrupt, Appointing Amaechi will confirm our assertions the more.

78 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by EgusiSoup: 6:47am On Oct 06, 2015
So how does this affect the price of GARRI in the market? undecided
Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by INTROVERT(f): 6:48am On Oct 06, 2015
if he survives this tribunal... 2019 will be hotter for wike cos rotimi WILL BE BACK with a bang.

30 Likes

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by sayyid(m): 6:49am On Oct 06, 2015
even if he is interested will he tell us?

22 Likes

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by ORACLE1975(m): 6:49am On Oct 06, 2015
grin
Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by Young03(m): 6:51am On Oct 06, 2015
And so?
Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by sayyid(m): 6:52am On Oct 06, 2015
INTROVERT:
if he survives this tribunal... 2019 will be hotter for wile cos rotimi WILL BE BACK with a bang.
I see im surviving all dis noise in fact e will hold an important ministerial appointment
politics is all a game of deceit
Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by yanabasee(m): 6:53am On Oct 06, 2015
How will Buhari appoint Amaechi as a minister despite the looting of public facilities and siphoning of state funds which took place during his administration.

30 Likes

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by sayyid(m): 6:55am On Oct 06, 2015
yanabasee:
How will Buhari appoint Amaechi as a minister despite the looting of public facilities and siphoning of state funds which took place during his administration.
why wunt he appoint Im as a minister? don't 4get he funded his campaign

6 Likes

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by otukpo(f): 7:00am On Oct 06, 2015
Tell them.
Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by Omotayor123(f): 7:06am On Oct 06, 2015
Make we dey observe!

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by lilprinze: 7:07am On Oct 06, 2015
if buhari appoints ameachi then I would be 100% sure that his anti corruption fight are all scam.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by sayyid(m): 7:08am On Oct 06, 2015
Omotayor123:
Make we dey observe!
Abi oo 2day na 2day e no go be 2mao

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by coldsummer: 7:10am On Oct 06, 2015
You are, my brother. We all know you are.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by 0luwatope(m): 7:11am On Oct 06, 2015
She used your pics as her profile pic, just because her boyfriend is asleep... The time her boyfriend wakes up,... She can't change the pics due to network problem., So she decided to change her status to "R.I.P BRO!!!"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 06, 2015
But there's absolutely nothing you can do bro!!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by yanabasee(m): 7:23am On Oct 06, 2015
sayyid:

why wunt he appoint Im as a minister? don't 4get he funded his campaign

The Nigeria constitution says thus:
No person shall be appointed as a Minister of the Government of the Federation unless he is qualified for election as a member of the House of Representatives.

Amaechi isn't qualified.. He has issues and scores to settle over his excessive looting of river's money! Buhari should be smarter...

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by AWONEYAN(m): 7:24am On Oct 06, 2015
If he was not chosen, you guys wil say, he was used and dump after spending Rivers money on Bubu's election...now he was chosen you said, why will Buhari appoint a corrupt man....in any case what you have tacticaly said is, Buhari is a man of integrity...

21 Likes

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by Feranchek(m): 7:25am On Oct 06, 2015
This wike man sef ehn... just like mourinho - leaving your job to TALK! E-diot angry

5 Likes

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by Agimor(m): 7:26am On Oct 06, 2015
Story for the Gods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by sayyid(m): 7:39am On Oct 06, 2015
yanabasee:

The Nigeria constitution says thus:
No person shall be appointed as a Minister of the Government of the Federation unless he is qualified for election as a member of the House of Representatives.

Amaechi isn't qualified.. He has issues and scores to settle over his excessive looting of river's money! Buhari should be smarter...
BT do we actually follows d constitution?

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by yanabasee(m): 7:44am On Oct 06, 2015
sayyid:

BT do we actually follows d constitution?

Ofcoz we do... Average Nigerians do... But our politicians don't... But Buhari wants us to believe he's a simple and easy going man with good motives and with conscience, when he's not... He said he's following the constitution gradually and wouldn't want to go against it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by Joevics(m): 7:45am On Oct 06, 2015
INTROVERT:
if he survives this tribunal... 2019 will be hotter for wike cos rotimi WILL BE BACK with a bang.
as in Rotimi is coming to contest as governor again? We should let 2019 be, cos a lot might happen before then.
Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by CR77(f): 7:56am On Oct 06, 2015
0luwatope:
I remember when my pastor used to say "Buhari has not yet appoint any minister bcuz he will appoint me" back then I used to laff @my pastor in swahili #God forgive me sha
cheesy grin lie lie
Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by iambabaG: 7:56am On Oct 06, 2015
Don't hate on ur broda.. It is clear 2 any sane person dat ur hatred 4 him will allow u do silly things.
His appointment may nt be purely based on his clean record but d gangster part he played in saving us 4rm d hands of mama peace nd d clueless one

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by Goahead(m): 7:56am On Oct 06, 2015
Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by Joel1919: 7:56am On Oct 06, 2015
Are you tired of losing your money to Bookies Do you wanna win through football bets? IT'S amazing how much Is won through fixed match...add on www.fb.com/joel.kenya1
Re: I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike by dave2meek(m): 7:57am On Oct 06, 2015
D

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don’t Celebrate Yet, Akpabio Warns Udom Emmanuel After Re-election / VP Osinbajo Relaxed In A Presidential Jet / Pictures from Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Akure Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.