Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris (4730 Views)

Apostle Suleman Blessed A Lady With Millions Of Money (Photos) / Pastor Kumuyi Warns Nigerian Leaders To Shun The Habit Of Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 7:26am On Oct 06, 2015

1 Timothy 6:10

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows

As a Christian, it's important for you to understand who you really are. You're not of this world. In the world today, there're many who, against their conscience, will do anything for money. This happens in different forms in many societies, and it may seem normal, but it's wrong.

You're different. When others are running after money and doing terrible and inordinate things for money, seek the wisdom of God: "Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold" (Proverbs 8:10). Go for wisdom! Don't let money be your motivation. Money is a tool. If you function in divine wisdom, money will come to you, because money responds to wisdom.

The Word says, "the love of money...", not "the abundance of it", is the root of all evil. Someone can be poor and love money. How do you know you love money? It's determined by how much you or your actions are controlled by money; the desire for it or the lack of it. When someone is willing to do the wrong thing because of money, he's being driven by the love of money that God warns against.

Don't be unjust because of money. Don't deny others what rightfully belongs to them because of your desire to amass more for yourself. The Bible lets us know that true prosperity will elude those who pursue money instead of seeking God's Kingdom and His righteousness.

Maintain a good conscience. It's not what you have in the bank that counts; it's who you are on the inside that really counts. So, consistently develop your personality through the Word. Work on "being", and not on "having", for with who you are, you'll have.

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by ibkgab001: 7:27am On Oct 06, 2015
Shun the love of jet

2 Likes

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by zadok60: 7:28am On Oct 06, 2015
its in my blood already
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by mankand(m): 7:31am On Oct 06, 2015
Leadership by example. Start with yourself
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 06, 2015
Surprisingly this is coming from pastor Chris. How can you tell people to shun love of money, when you foster that love by telling that God only blesses you by making you rich? In other words, if you re serving God and not rich, then something is wrong with you!

3 Likes

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by yomi007k(m): 8:51am On Oct 06, 2015
F.uck pastor Chris tongue

1 Like

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 10:45am On Oct 06, 2015
vfactor:
Surprisingly this is coming from pastor Chris. How can you tell people to shun love of money, when you foster that love by telling that God only blesses you by making you rich? In other words, if you re serving God and not rich, then something is wrong with you!

You misunderstand the message of prosperity. Love of money has to do with worldliness. Prosperity has to do with living above poverty. Which is if the devil . We use our wealth to serve God and others not on ourselves .
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 11:25am On Oct 06, 2015
Joagbaje:

You misunderstand the message of prosperity. Love of money has to do with worldliness. Prosperity has to do with living above poverty. Which is if the devil . We use our wealth to serve God and others not on ourselves .

It's amazing how folks think that all rich folks have love for money undecided

It's a shame folks cling to envy and needless bitterness over the successes of others.
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2015
Joagbaje:

What do you term "living above poverty"? How many people who go to churches in search of "breakthroughs" are truely poor. The really poor ones can't even afford to go church.

Did Jesus even preach the message of prosperity?

1 Like

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 2:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
vfactor:

Did Jesus even preach the message of prosperity?

Yes he did
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
Shun love of money but una dey charge fee for new year eve service abi wetin una dey call that service wey una dey charge for people to attend? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
Joagbaje:

Yes he did

Please share!
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2015
vfactor:

Please share!

Luke 4:18 kjv
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

What gospel do you preach to the poor?
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
Gombs:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Poor in what sense? Abi you wan pretend not to know how scripture use the word poor? If he was anointed to preach the gospel to the poor, doesn't that explain the the context of poor as regards preaching to them or you see Jesus dashing money to the poor ni? grin grin grin

N.B: I'm not promoting poverty but don't be reading your own meaning into scriptures, let them speak for themselves in context except you doing word study and meaning.

1 Like

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2015
Goshen360:

Poor in what sense? Abi you wan pretend not to know how scripture use the word poor? If he was anointed to preach the gospel to the poor, doesn't that explain the the context of poor as regards preaching to them or you see Jesus dashing money to the poor ni? grin grin grin

N.B: I'm not promoting poverty but don't be reading your own meaning into scriptures, let them speak for themselves in context except you doing word study and meaning.

What is good news (gospel) to the poor?
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
Gombs:

You havn't answered my question: Did Jesus preach prosperity?

Well u can preach this kind of gospel to the poor:

Lu 6:20
And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

2 Likes

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 7:03pm On Oct 06, 2015
Gombs:

Why you dey answer kweshun with kweshun naw? grin You already know the answer naw. We preach to the poor by dashing them money isn't it? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by vooks: 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
Gombs:

The poor saints of Jerusalem most certainly missed this angry

Where is the divorcee when you need him!
Romans 15:25-26King James Version (KJV)

25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.

26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

1 Like

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by vooks: 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
Joagbaje:

1 Timothy 6:10-11King James Version (KJV)

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Men of God are not called to PURSUE,COVET and ACCUMULATE wealth outta charity;that's pious fraud

The Catholic priests grew filthy rich selling indulgences

Pentecostal pastorpreneurs wax extremely rich because they sell , health-wealth-happiness utopia to fools.

They are busy reversing Reformation gains

2 Likes

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2015
every reader kindly
visit this thread,i cleared some heresies and false teachings about giving here.

https://www.nairaland.com/2542333/funny-things-christians-say-without
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2015
vooks:

1 Timothy 6:10-11King James Version (KJV)

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Men of God are not called to PURSUE,COVET and ACCUMULATE wealth outta charity;that's pious fraud

The Catholic priests grew filthy rich selling indulgences

Pentecostal pastorpreneurs wax extremely rich because they sell , health-wealth-happiness utopia to fools.

They are busy reversing Reformation gains

to be Honest bro,
you are right.
But YOU said the RIGHT thing the WRONG way.

You should correct people in LOVE not in STRIFE.
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by vooks: 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
sportsmaster:

to be Honest bro,
you are right.
But YOU said the RIGHT thing the WRONG way.

You should correct people in LOVE not in STRIFE.
Am sorry

1 Like

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 5:14am On Oct 07, 2015
vfactor:

You havn't answered my question: Did Jesus preach prosperity?

I did

Well u can preach this kind of gospel to the poor:

Lu 6:20

How convenient it is for you to twist the Bible to get your fallacy out, in full glare...

It's Matt 5:3, and it says
Blessed are the poor in [size=18pt]spirit[/size] : for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 5:17am On Oct 07, 2015
Goshen360:

Why you dey answer kweshun with kweshun naw? grin You already know the answer naw. We preach to the poor by dashing them money isn't it? grin grin grin

How many times did you read Jesus went around dashing poor people monies?

*hmmmm... I'm not saying dashing them monies is wrong o, before you guys develop a new theory about what I typed
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Kenny4lyfe(m): 5:40am On Oct 07, 2015

A simple question as, "What is goodnews to the poor?" don blow into full glare debate. This thread is gonna bounce back to anti-tithe issues soon enough!
By the way, has anyone caught a sniff of that anti-tithe tract?
Chai grin

1 Like

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 5:52am On Oct 07, 2015
Kenny4lyfe:

A simple question as, "What is goodnews to the poor?" don blow into full glare debate.

E tire me too o. Simple question here has got adults going back and forth without a short and precise answer.

this thread is gonna bounce back to anti-tithe issues soon enough!
By the way, has anyone caught a sniff of that anti-tithe tract?
Chai grin

Hahahahahahhahahaha. Those noise makers made their noises, it's over a year now, no tract.

Pastorkun, drummaboy aka winsomex, and their band failed miserably, and it was appalling.

Frosbel deactivated his account, obviously in shame, and could not provide em tracts. It's an excellent example of "talk is cheap"...yet these folks criticise those who wrote books that's still travelling round the world...yet, they cannot set up a tract production and distribution successfully.
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by dolphinheart(m): 6:57am On Oct 07, 2015
When does the love of money start.?
At what point do we term someone as covetous?
How do we decide that one has desire for worldly things?

Does buying a suit for $10,000 cus its a designer whereby I know that I can get same colour, material and design for N10,000 show my desire?

Does having a fleet of cars in my name show my love for worldly things?.

I'm I covetous when i decide to work hard so that I can buy a private jet like other people have done ?
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 07, 2015
Gombs:

I did

How convenient it is for you to twist the Bible to get your fallacy out, in full glare...

It's Matt 5:3, and it says
Blessed are the poor in [size=18pt]spirit[/size] : for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Thanks

Good point! You brought it out just the way I wanted it. Therefore if the poor were in spirit, the "prosperity gospel" Jesus supposedly preached would be in spirit and not material wealth. Don't you agree?

By the way I wasn't twisting the scripture, I was only helping my brother to reason on his argument!

And was I even wrong in Quoting Luke 6:20? Why do u say I twist the bible? Abi na me write that part?

2 Likes

Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 9:18am On Oct 07, 2015
vfactor:

Good point! You brought it out just the way I wanted it.

Nay... I caught you lying and trying to twist scriptures. cool

Therefore if the poor were in spirit

Bible said... "poor in spirit "... It's different from "the poor were in spirit"

undecided

, the "prosperity gospel" Jesus supposedly preached would be in spirit and not material wealth. Don't you agree?

2 Corinthians 8:9 kjv
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Was the above talking about spiritual wealth? Have you forgotten that the moment we got born again, we became heirs of God, having all Jesus has, because we're the seed of Abraham?

Meaning the Christian is not the poor trying to be rich, but the rich discovering his inheritance.

By the way I wasn't twisting the scripture, I was only helping my brother to reason on his argument!

Poor in spirit is different from poor folks. Simple.. Your Bible reference was wrong too
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 07, 2015
Gombs:

Nay... I caught you lying and trying to twist scriptures. cool

Bible said... "poor in spirit "... It's different from "the poor were in spirit"

undecided

2 Corinthians 8:9 kjv
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Was the above talking about spiritual wealth? Have you forgotten that the moment we got born again, we became heirs of God, having all Jesus has, because we're the seed of Abraham.

Meaning the Christian is not the poor trying to be rich, but the rich discovering his inheritance.

Poor in spirit is different from poor folks. Simple.. Your Bible reference was wrong too

You re actually the one whose reference is wrong. You quoted Luke 4:18. And that verse didn't mention poor in spirit. It simply stated poor! Compare it with Luke 6:20 and Matthew 5:3 u quoted and see whose reference is wrong!

Going by the bolded your bible reference of Matthew 5:3 is wrong.

I'll like you to read Jesus words in Rev. 2:9 and 3:17 and understand what kind of riches is important to Jesus and which Christians should pursue! If it is material wealth or spiritual one!
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 9:59am On Oct 07, 2015
[quote author=vfactor post=38744544]

You re actually the one whose reference is wrong. You quoted Luke 4:18. And that verse didn't mention poor in spirit. It simply stated poor! Compare it with Luke 6:20 and Matthew 5:3 u quoted and see whose reference is wrong!

In Luke 4:18, I asked you, what gospel (good news) is being preached to the poor? You seem not to have the ability to answer that.

Then you quoted Luke... Saying Jesus said "poor" not "poor in spirit ". I simply stopped you in your tracks and talk you Jesus didn't say the kingdom of God is for the poor... But poor in spirit.

Going by the bolded your bible reference of Matthew 5:3 is wrong.

What is good news to a poor man?

I'll like you to read Jesus words in Rev. 2:9 and 3:17 and understand what kind of riches is important to Jesus and which Christians should pursue! If it is material wealth or spiritual one!

I won't.

You can't grasp this little, I won't go any further with you.

Cheers mate!
Re: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 07, 2015
[quote author=Gombs post=38745464][/quote]

Of course you wont read! Just like you didn't read Luke 6:20. I am not Jesus. So I didn't say what is written in Luke 6:20.

You asked whay kind of Gospel would be preached to the poor, i quoted Jesus' words, his gospel to the poor and yet you say i twist the scripture. I didnt even explain any words from it cos it was plain for all honest persons to see. To say you stopped me in my tracks will be the most unreasonable thing to say, cos I didn't put those words in Jesus' mouth.

Just like so many Christians, you only read what you want to from the bible and ignore the ones you don't want to hear! But the truth is obvious for all who seek it!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) / Post books That Will Boost our Spiritual Life here / The Duality Nature Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.