Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,207 members, 7,780,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:12 PM

How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth (53712 Views)

Where Will One Go After Death If Without Achieving Its Purpose On Earth? / What Is Our Purpose On Earth? A Worth Reading Thread / What Is Your Purpose, And Your Groups' Purposes? (scientology] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by pus33: 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2015
[size=28pt]Minesterial Nominees And Their States

Lai Mohammed (Sokoto), of Northern parent
Barr.Adebayo Shittu (yobe), of Northern parent
Babatunde fashola Raji(Zamfara), of Northern parent
Audu Ogbeh (Benue),
Ahmed Isa Ibeto (Anambra),
Amina Mohammed (Kaduna),
Udoma Udo-Udoma (Akwa Ibom)
Kemi Adeosun (Ogun),
Suleiman Adam (Jigawa),
Solomon Dalong (Plateau),
Ibe Kachikwu (Imo),
Osagie Ehanire (Edo)
Abdulrahman Danbazau (Kano),
Aisha Alhassan (Taraba),
Ogbonaya Onu (Abia),
Abubakar Malami [SAN](Kebbi),
Sen Hadi Sirika (Katsina)
Chris Ngige (Anambra),
Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti),
Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers),[/size]
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by hakeem4(m): 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2015
No be tmc be this

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by socialmediaman: 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2015
Good write up

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Biographyroom(f): 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2015
Well said here... Humbleness is the key to success, we need to live this life on purpose

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Malakh: 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2015
some people's purpose is written in the earth and some in heaven, those written in the earth goes down to it and those in heaven goes up to it...
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by jewelofafrica(f): 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
mentorandfriend:
PART 5

My Prayer For You

If you're currently reading this, I believe you're a messenger; and you need to know that. You were designed with an end in mind so you should discover it and fulfil it.

The spotlight is on you now. May your life never lack a sense of purpose. You’ll never drift through life again. You’ll go from wandering aimlessly to possessing your future. You will own it.

You shall experience a quantum leap - a radical ascent of grace, shooting you up into new realms of life, not traceable to your natural ability.

You shall experience unpredicted emergence; a show up on the scene supernaturally, like the Wind, and taking your space by storm!

You shall experience a mighty rescue from habits stronger than you, plus the licence for a future better than your past.

God will take over your life and you will become a different person by grace. Your soul will be emptied of pain, and the curtains will lift for new light.

Grace to you. Grace to me too.

AMEN! Thanks

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by darkenrahl2(m): 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
mentorandfriend:
PART 3

How I Discovered My Purpose.

1) I spent one weekend alone, thinking and reflecting on my CORE VALUES.

You see, our values are a pointer to where our calling lies. For instance, I discovered that my core values included
~Integrity and Sincerity
~Curiousity (Yes, it's true. I'm a curious person. I lack discipline and order). The meaning is that I hate routine and would likely rebel against norms than follow them.
~Hardwork
~Dedication
~Respect
~Loyalty
~Love, Compassion and Sharing
~Impact, Recognition and Appreciation
~Family and Friends.
I wrote them down, and decided that I would walk away from people, associations, societies, and cliques that do not share at least half of these values. There is a correlation between purpose and your values.

2) I looked inward to discover what my PASSION really was. For instance, I have more passion for public speaking and making power point presentations than I have for hospital job. Thus while my value for Love, Contribution and Sharing will keep me in the practice of medicine, my passion for communicating hope and direction will keep me afloat as a public speaker.

3) I analysed the things that gave me PAIN and STRESS.

Many of us have been hurt and disappointed severally by people. For instance, I lost a sibling who was supposed to be my elder brother to a careless doctor who was treating him for malaria for several weeks while he was suffering from anaemic heart failure; which eventually took him. He was the only son of my parents then; with five girl-children ahead of him already, so you can imagine the pain of my parents at losing a son they've been waiting for.

You see, there will be defining moments in your life. You don't have to forget them; but heal from them and turn them into a message/career. Make sure someone close to you does not have to go through the same things that hurt you in the past.

4) I took a look at the PROBLEMS around me.

I believe that problem solvers are men of purpose. Problem-solving will shoot you to relevance and make you a man-on-assignment; a man of purpose. I found a problem.

When I was a student, one problem I saw was a sea of people who didn't know why they were in school. Some naive girls as young as 16 or 17 years were readily snapped up by smooth talkers who go on to persuade them to move in with them. Every night is a night of rumble under the sheets. These girls enter the university as good, homely girls but are turned to sex objects before they leave school. These are people's future wives for that matter. I saw it as a social problem that needs to be solved. It pained me, so I started talking about it. I will enter a class early in the morning before a lecturer comes in and plead for attention from them to hear me out. I talked in hostels too. Little did I know that I was sharpening my public speaking skills and perfecting myself in the art of persuassion; at the same time, making an impact in the lives of first year students.

5) I spent time bathing myself in PRAYER; asking God why He created me, and sent me to my family, my community, my state, and Nigeria. Why was I born in Nigeria and not in Luxemburg?

I prayed until I had peace in my mind that God wanted me to practice medicine and not to be an entrepreneur/importer of drugs after medical school. Lol.

You see, I believe the bible is a universal book that has sold more than any book on earth; filled with so much wisdom. Thus whether you're a christain, muslim, or an atheist, I hope you draw inspiration from a story I read in Habakkuk 2vs1-3 that taught me this 5th point.

Prophet Habakkuk said he will stand on his watch (the place of prayer), to hear what God will tell him. Then God gave him his purpose and told him to write it boldly and in plain letters. God further encouraged him with further words of hope. You can find your purpose like this.
CORRECTION: Bible is not a universal book,cos wen the disciples ask Jesus,he said and I quote from the bible that "he was not sent but unto the lost sheep of isreal" it really means his messg was just only for the Isrealite and not the world,it is you pple that call ur self christain dat spread it. Whereas there is no where in d bible that u can see jesus call d religion he brought as christain and if there is tell me more. If u want to chat wit me this is my number and let me teach you ur religion 07037084935
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by emilyone(f): 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
I will read it later
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by mentorandfriend(m): 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
I am sharing this on my blog.
.I hope you dnt mind. Of course...reference will be your way
No problem dear. Just reference back to this site or include my google profile or twitter handle at the end. Anyone. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Jasperwhizz(m): 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
AMEN.
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Beesluv: 9:55pm On Oct 06, 2015
this topic must be freezingly hot to appear 2ce on front page

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by mentorandfriend(m): 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2015
moststylish:
Bro nice one,can you help me on a presentation topic on meeting etiquette?
Thanks for dropping a comment. However, I'm so sorry that I might not be of help due to my daily tight schedule.
Help will come your way. Cheers.
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Johnnoah1st: 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
mentorandfriend:
PART 1

What Living On Purpose Really Means

Living on purpose simply means being able to give a correct account of the WHY for every of your daily actions. It means to live your life like a man/woman on an assignment; having short term, medium term, and long term goals for your life. It means living a planned life. Living on purpose implies a longer life for you; and not just that alone; it also means a life full of impact and meaning. It is a life worth living.

Nothing can be more frustrating as drifting through the days of your life robotically, feeling vaguely lost and dissatisfied; angry at life, angry at people, blaming everyone else but yourself. People with a lack of purpose float rather than swim. They are passive in life rather than active. They flow with the tide and will rarely row hard
i will only take u serious when u are now bill gate with ur life discovery, or if u are popular aside ur street THRASH!

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by gists: 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2015
This is the same problem with most people - always thinking of life purpose from career perspective.
Believe it or not every living organism (especially man) has the same life purpose! And that is to SERVE GOD Period.
But before you start saying everybody cannot be pastor/imam/priest etc, I implore you to think of a way where you can serve HUMANITY. Because once you lend yourself to the service of humanity in whatever capacity that is in tandem with your talent/passion such that you and the recipient of your service feel good.
This life is not complex. Its quite simple actually. Just that we humans have perfected the skill of making the most simple things become unnecessarily complex. Most religious traditions tell us that God breathed into man and that is why their such a thing as humanity. That means every single human on this planet has God's breathe or God's spirit - irrespective of colour/tribe/religious beliefs etc. It therefore means if you lend your self (talents/passion/money etc) to the service of humanity, you are essentially serving God because His spirit is in us.

One last proof/observation: Most self accomplished people at the peak of their achievement tend to setup a legacy to serve humanity. Have you asked why that is? These are people that got to the peak of their careers (which may or may not be what they think is their life purpose). They are board members of many "blue chip" companies, directors in government agencies or simply established business men/women. Many of them are men/women of integrity, they are hard working, loyal and have many of the qualities listed. Yet they still feel this inclination that "something is missing". So, in their quest to quench the thirst of fulfilling their life purpose, they build schools or give scholarships, they build hospitals or setup orphanages or support some noble courses like eradicating polio/malaria/sickel cell etc.

Of course, people don't need to be Bill Gate to serve humanity. You serve humanity in your own little way. Just make sure whatever it is makes you feel good and the recipient is also blessed by it.

4 Likes

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Boss13: 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2015
Malakh:
some people's purpose is written in the earth and some in heaven, those written in the earth goes down to it and those in heaven goes up to it...

Are you being sarcastic or honest with your view, because what you just wrote is actually true and that is truly one's purpose and not about choosing a field of interest.
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Boss13: 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
gists:
This is the same problem with most people - always thinking of life purpose from career perspective.
Believe it or not every living organism (especially man) has the same life purpose! And that is to SERVE GOD Period.
But before you start saying everybody cannot be pastor/imam/priest etc, I implore you to think of a way where you can serve HUMANITY. Because once you lend yourself to the service of humanity in whatever capacity that is in tandem with your talent/passion such that you and the recipient of your service feel good.
This life is not complex. Its quite simple actually. Just that we humans have perfected the skill of making the most simple things become unnecessarily complex. Most religious traditions tell us that God breathed into man and that is why their such a thing as humanity. That means every single human on this planet has God's breathe or God's spirit - irrespective of colour/tribe/religious beliefs etc. It therefore means if you lend your self (talents/passion/money etc) to the service of humanity, you are essentially serving God because His spirit is in us.

One last proof/observation: Most self accomplished people at the peak of their achievement tend to setup a legacy to serve humanity. Have you asked why that is? These are people that got to the peak of their careers (which may or may not be what they think is their life purpose). They are board members of many "blue chip" companies, directors in government agencies or simply established business men/women. Many of them are men/women of integrity, they are hard working, loyal and have many of the qualities listed. Yet they still feel this inclination that "something is missing". So, in their quest to quench the thirst of fulfilling their life purpose, they build schools or give scholarships, they build hospitals or setup orphanages or support some noble courses like eradicating polio/malaria/sickel cell etc.

Of course, people don't need to be Bill Gate to serve humanity. You serve humanity in your own little way. Just make sure whatever it is makes you feel good and the recipient is also blessed by it.

Well said but would not be properly understood because many people on nairaland are teenagers and undergraduates struggling with choice of career or field of interest just like the OP

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
ok.
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Johnnoah1st: 10:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
chinoasa:
may be ur purpose is not to be hapi.... Mine is strictly to be hapii
i tell yaa my sister, d lady is suffering from brain damage, how can she say the purpose of life is not to be happy, mine is very strictly and strictly to be happy and others can follow, i didnt came to life not to be happy, dats my own 1st discovery.
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by mentorandfriend(m): 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
Boss13:

Well said but would not be properly understood because many people on nairaland are teenagers and undergraduates struggling with choice of career or field of interest just like the OP
Well spoken dear; but I'm not an undergraduate. I'm a doctor.
Thanks for dropping a comment.
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Boss13: 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
Dear OP, I appreciate your writing. Honestly, it is inspiring, better than the insults and distasteful comments we read regularly on this forum. However, I am afraid to inform you that your thread has a misleading subject. Life purpose is different from Career purpose. Life purpose is about serving humanity and not from a selfish point of view. A selfless service to humanity.

I presumed from your writing that you are yet to graduate from medical school and I am also glad to inform you that what you went through is very common with young adults. If you had chosen to become an importer of drugs, you probably will succeed, if you had chosen to be a pastor like Oyedepo, you probably will succeed with that too, though I don't like this field because of their perpetual greed, and I also wish you succeed to be a doctor, if you are not one already. All it takes it self conviction, sheer determination and persistence. Any field on earth we pick for ourselves already has God's approval as long as it hurts nobody.

I will encourage young people who are having trouble picking a career to read this, but please don't confuse this for life purpose. That is a totally distinctive issue.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by nnamdiosu(m): 10:17pm On Oct 06, 2015
mentorandfriend:
PART 5

My Prayer For You

If you're currently reading this, I believe you're a messenger; and you need to know that. You were designed with an end in mind so you should discover it and fulfil it.

The spotlight is on you now. May your life never lack a sense of purpose. You’ll never drift through life again. You’ll go from wandering aimlessly to possessing your future. You will own it.

You shall experience a quantum leap - a radical ascent of grace, shooting you up into new realms of life, not traceable to your natural ability.

You shall experience unpredicted emergence; a show up on the scene supernaturally, like the Wind, and taking your space by storm!

You shall experience a mighty rescue from habits stronger than you, plus the licence for a future better than your past.

God will take over your life and you will become a different person by grace. Your soul will be emptied of pain, and the curtains will lift for new light.

Grace to you. Grace to me too.

sir I don't know who you are but I liked, shared, saved and book marked ur post. I never knew I had a brother who was a genius like me. more grace to ur ministry, more ink to ur pen and more wisdom to ur head. see you at the top bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by kingofdzanga(m): 10:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
This is the kind of post dat should be making FP on nairaland. No b when cossy go do breast show 4 Germany una go come dey disturb us hia cool

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Boss13: 10:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Well spoken dear; but I'm not an undergraduate. I'm a doctor.
Thanks for dropping a comment.

Happy to note that you convinced yourself and you are now a doctor. Very good indeed. Continue to explore yourself. You can only be a better you when you critique yourself just like you did.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Mzjacy(f): 10:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
Great write up Sir, I was really blessed and inspired

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by chrislu(m): 10:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
This is indeed a very wonderful speech, bro u shud b a motivational speaker

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Lamasta(m): 10:27pm On Oct 06, 2015
God Bless

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Malakh: 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
Boss13:

Are you being sarcastic or honest with your view, because what you just wrote is actually true and that is truly one's purpose and not about choosing a field of interest.
not being sarcastic, its fact, there's no two ways about it, some peoples purpose is earthly and some divine, earth goes to the earth, all your celebs are the stars on earth and we have have our stars in heaven truth of the matter is a life without any divinity is meaningless and wasted, earthly people are born and they die just to back to the dust, that is not life....

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by SWG1: 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
U didn't mention u are good in writing too.

God Wil gradually reveal more assignmentto u as u go higher. U might finally be a pastor if need be, but he will have to take u places to gather necessary experience and make a mark b4 taking u to the next level.

just keep all ur write ups handy and record all motivational talks u hold with ppl. God has a way of using ppl to speak His will without u knowing what and what u spoke.

Remain blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by cally3D(m): 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
Wonderful! I give u 100/100

1 Like

Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by Markmoore008: 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
This got me laughing out so loud,

flaunting of electronics that are already

outdated in Europe.

Check 100 Hot Biz & Money Making

Ideas here!
Re: How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth by ElPhenomenal(m): 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2015
This is very cool man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Arsenal Sacking Unai Emery / Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.