Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Is Love Enough? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love Enough? (893 Views)

Is Love Enough To Keep A Good Relationship? / Is Love Enough To Make You Forgive A Cheating Partner / Is Love Enough? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love Enough? by veeluv2015(f): 12:54pm On Oct 06, 2015

There are so many things to consider before settling down for marriage with someone. What we are going to talk about today is if love alone is enough for you to say “I do” to someone. Love is a very strong bond and could be very difficult to let go especially when it is returned. People fall in love with each other without planning for it. It just happens. But do you think the mere fact that you are in love with someone is enough for you to jump into a union as strong as marriage with them? There are a whole lot of things to look into before making that lifetime decision and we are going to look into two very important ones today.

Firstly, is your partner accepted by your immediate family, your parents precisely? I do not expect everyone to agree with me but when I hear people say things like “I love him/her and that’s all that matters. There’s nothing you say or do that will make me not get married to him/her. It’s either him/her or no one else” I just laugh and shake my head because they don’t know what they are going into. I don’t think there’s any parent that doesn’t want the best for their child. When both parents bluntly refuse your idea of a life partner, you should ask them for their reasons and look closely into it. If it makes just a little bit of sense to you then stop the rush and hand it over to God. I am not talking about reasons as stupid as politics, business or revenge. In fact, if that’s the reason they give, I will give my blessings if you decide to vanish into thin air and get married somewhere else. But when they talk about other things like character or some weird tradition then it is time to stop and think and invite God into the matter. I know some will say we are in the 21st century and things like tradition should not stop two people who are in love but the truth is no matter what century we are in, our roots still remain the same and there must always be something called tradition. Some do not favor widows and some do some kind of marriage rituals before their daughters are carried away. Nobody prays to be a widow but we should always consider the good and the bad. Someone said an optimistic mind invented the airplane but a pessimistic mind invented the parachute and I don’t think I need to tell you how much the parachute has helped humans. So if you cannot handle the problems when they come, don’t venture into it at all. Look for other alternatives.

And the next is how compatible the two of you are medically. I am talking about how your genotypes match. Some people fall in love and get married without bothering to find out their partner’s genotype. If you are of genotype AA then this part is not for you. But for AS or SS you have to be very mindful of your partner’s genotype. Some will ask if this means you have to ask for genotypes before you venture into a relationship. Well if that is what it takes for you to have a healthy marriage and give birth to healthy children, then why not? It is more difficult to break out of the relationship when you’ve spent so much time together and fallen in love with each other. So it is advisable you find out early. I hear people saying God can perform miracles. Of course he can and will continue to but we shouldn’t put him to such tests when he has given us the wisdom to understand the risks of such marriages. If it was in the days of old when people were ignorant of the danger of genotype compatibility then it will be understandable but today we hear it every day from doctors, families and friends. Some are even so blinded by love that they say when the time comes they’ll handle it. How? I’ll love it if someone reading this can answer me. How can you handle the trauma of losing your children as a result of your own stubbornness? Handling a child with sickle cell (SS) could be very difficult to handle. Like one of my friends will say, if you have a child with genotype SS then you better go live next to a hospital. Why chose that life for yourself when you can avoid it? True, we can’t control who we fall in love with but let us try. Let us think with our head for once and see if we are ready to face the consequences. But in every case there is always an exception so if you want to go ahead and get married because you can’t imagine living your life without that person then you will have to decide that you won’t have biological children and this is a very difficult thing to do. So I will say again, if you cannot handle the problems when they come, do not venture into it at all.

CIAO!!!

SOURCE: http://nairarepublic.com/thread/is-love-enough/
Re: Is Love Enough? by Cutehector(m): 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2015
Love is enough, cuz if u dnt love someone, den u won't sacrifice for dem, care for dem, gv dem financial assistance, be there for dem, be a provider, Etc...
Re: Is Love Enough? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
Cutehector:
Love is enough, cuz if u dnt love someone, den u won't sacrifice for dem, care for dem, gv dem financial assistance, be there for dem, be a provider, Etc...
love is not enough oh.
two people can love eachother and not actually blend relationship wise.
Re: Is Love Enough? by veeluv2015(f): 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
quiinnBee:

love is not enough oh.

Thank you jare my sister

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough? by Cutehector(m): 1:11pm On Oct 06, 2015
quiinnBee:

love is not enough oh.
den it aint love
Re: Is Love Enough? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
Cutehector:
den it aint love
I beg to differ
Re: Is Love Enough? by veeluv2015(f): 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2015
quiinnBee:

I beg to differ

I join you in begging grin
Re: Is Love Enough? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
veeluv2015:

I join you in begging grin
gringrin
Re: Is Love Enough? by Kingsasian(m): 1:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
Love is not enough it must be coupled with understanding and friendship as well.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 06, 2015
Love is never enough. And aside the two reasons put forward by the op,good sex and money are also factors that play strong roles.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

10 Thing Ladies Do That Shows They Want Sex When They Visit Their Boyfriends / ADVICE! Heart Break! / Anger Attitudes!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.