Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Best Ways Of Making Money On Campus By Emmy9ite - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Best Ways Of Making Money On Campus By Emmy9ite (3059 Views)

Best ways To Make Money / Flashback: Cultism On Campus By Clarius Ugwuoha / Snake Killed At Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Gubi Campus Again (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Ways Of Making Money On Campus By Emmy9ite by hilario8898(m): 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2015
Successful businesses like Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Dell computers all started from the university. Mark zuckerberg actually created Facebook while he was in his dorm room at Harvard in 2004.

The university today is seen as a place for chasing women by many Nigerian youths, some believe they have to finish their programs before making money, nevertheless, other students start successful businesses in school and become millionaires.

I just sat down in my free time and brainstormed. I came up with 20 businesses that can thrive well in Nigeria universities. I ve also done some research about this. It won't work for some, some people will hiss at it, yet some will benefit a lot from it.

Please note that am typing with my phone, i will be dropping them as time goes on. Other student entrepreneurs are welcome. If you are ready, lets go.

1. Tutoring
Tutoring tops the list because its something most people can do. Tutoring is very wide and cuts across many areas. Are you good at coaching or putting people through difficult topics? Can you coach a class of students freely without stress or sweat? If your answer is yes, this business is for you.

Tutoring is the easiest and cheapest business to start as you can also earn money, solidify your knowledge and help your students. Tutoring ranges from one-on-one coaching, coaching your classmates on topics they couldn't understand, post ume coaching and jamb class coaching.

You don't need much materials to start this, organise students, find a free class, get a marker or chalk and start earning your dough. easy right? Yea!

2. Sales person
An entrepreneur is someone who finds a need and fills it or someone who finds a problem and solves it. An entrepreneur can also do an existing service in a unique way.

Think of those things that students cannot do without. What are those things a student cannot help but spend his money on. Something like recharge card. Find others out and start supplying them to your classmates and school mates. Other things like provisions and educational materials can go. What are you still doing on that p.c? Start thinking!!!

3. Laundry/ cleaning service
Its a known fact that most students find it difficult to their laundry or clean their rooms or apartment. You could earn extra cash washing and ironing for classmates, schoolmates and lecturers at an affordable price.

If your mind tells you ''am too big to do this'' then that mind is just hindering your success. Remember, the mind is just a part of the body just like the hand and others, it is ur duty to control it. You never can tell where this singular service can land you at.

4.Sales of past questions
This is another lucrative business you can start in the university. There are thousands of people who apply to different Nigerian universities yearly.

Most of them participate in post ume exercise. If you can get lots of past questions for different faculties for your university and probably that of other universities, you can make real cash selling it both offline and online.

The packaging matters a lot, make sure your past questions are not dim(have been photocopied a million times) and make sure the answers to the questions are correct. You can also sell past question papers to students in your school too. Past Semester exam questions.

5. Writing of handouts and resume
This is an alternative to those who cannot teach but are very good in writing. They are handouts lecturers give out and students find it difficult to dilute them into their brains. There is always that course that many of your course mates fail to understand but you are very good at.

What you need to do is, write handouts in simple and understandable words and put them for cheap and affordable prices. This is also applies to those younger than you.

Many students cannot write good resume/ c.v to apply for summer jobs. Start writing good resume and make your cool cash. Money is actually simple to make, isn't it?

6.Copyeditting
Most people don't know about this, so you could be the first to try it in your school.

Every student you meet will have at least one term paper to write each semester. And surprisingly enough, many of them seem unable to use a grammar or spelling checker. Do you have the mindset for copyeditting? Can you spot mistakes and grammatical errors in a term paper or assignment? If you can, they are students that need your service.

This could also help you improve your skill and save students from scoring low marks.

7. Registration of new and existence students
Most registrations for freshers and old students are done online. It is ludicrous and absurd that most students cannot do their e-registrations themselves without making mistakes. Some queue up at cyber cafes and end up not registering.

Get a laptop, a modem and a printer and get to work. Promote yourself online and through bills. Register at a lower price to what others are collecting. Make sure you do this with utmost care.

8.Consultancy for new students
Maybe its just me but whenever I see a problem, i see business opportunities in them. New students go through a hell lot of stress with screening, clearance, how to apply for hostel, where to pay fees and other problems. Most times, they fall into wrong hands.

Why not form a team, get new students registered and provide every information and support needed during registration period. Screen their papers, make sure every document is ready and fast track their registration. Verily verily, i tell you my friend, you will end up putting a smile on their faces and on the face of your bank account.

9.Barbing/Hairdressing.
If you can barb/weave students hair, this one is for you. A students can spend an average of #500 or more every month on his hair. You can make a good pipe and channel the money into your pocket. What you need is a good place, probably in the hostel, a mirror, a clipper, brush et al. Ladies can also make real cash weaving and fixing hair in school. Ladies can also go into pedicure and manicure.

10. Viewing center
This is another lucrative business one can go into while in school. If you can open a viewing center where football matches can be watched by students and even non students, you will be making your cool cash.

Imagine the number of students that support various English clubs and other leagues. What you need is a nice location, a television and a satlitte dish.

Others include
11. D.J

12. Show promoter/ Event manager

13. Computer instructor

14. Software developer

15. Ride service

16. Real estate/ agent

17. Photography

18. Chef

19. Painting

20. Fashion designer.

(1) (Reply)

...---~~~ Unbelievable Facts~~~---... / How Do I Deal With My Landlord’s Disturbing Noisy Sex? / Where To Buy all Paint Chemicals In Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.