Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting (36254 Views)

I Have Lost Interest In Having Sex & It's Affecting My Wife / Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. / See what Watching Parents Have Sex, Made This 5 Years Old Calabar Girl Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Stillfire: 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2015
coogar:

you would be surprised she would attempt to cover her flying bütt-base with her hands while walking. i sometimes wonder if they were forced to wear it!

I wish she did that. This one bent over the cashier table, and everything was out in the open.

hehe!
this is super-decent. if ladies leave it like this, no one would raise eyebrows. female footballers wear this types and men don't drool over them.

Also I have to add the big girls ruin the shorts trend for everyone and take it to the level of super in-de-cent. grin
Imagine Toolz in that. grin

2 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by coogar: 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
Stillfire:

I wish she did that. This one bent over the cashier table, and everything was out in the open.

everything as in her panties or the cat's whiskers? grin cheesy

Also I have to add the big girls ruin the shorts trend for everyone and take it to the level of super in-de-cent. grin

toolz need to find a good gym!
i don't get the hype. if she doesn't do something to those curves of hers promptly, she would be fighting diabetes in the next 5 years.

6 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by cococandy(f): 10:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
coogar:

it's obvious cococandy does not know what bumshorts are. the base of the bütt has to be exposed for it to be bümshorts!
Show me a child that looks like this in bum shorts.
I dare you.

It is the same style of shorts please. Only that in kids it never looks like this because there's no butt to expose. Those their tiny legs sef grin

That's why I find it weird that bum shorts on kids is considered sexy by some people.

It's the same thing as spaghetti straps or what have you on kids. They just look less dressed in it not sexy.

But if you're talking about robust teenagers who are beginning to develop sexually physically, then that would be a different thing and I'd agree with you on that.

3 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by RedCapChief(m): 2:50am On Oct 09, 2015
coogar:

i don't get the hype. if she doesn't do something to those curves of hers promptly, she would be fighting diabetes in the next 5 years.
^ ^ ^
Flesh and blood did not reveal these words of wisdom to you. My sentiments 110%

Bum shorts are bum shorts; whether for grannies or kiddes. It may not be overtly provocative like in adults or teens, but it is just seems inappropriate

4 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 5:31am On Oct 09, 2015
cheesy cheesy

I'm guilty. grin

I usually use little coloured ribbons and hair bands on wuras hair but she won't allow me concentrate on the hair as I force her to look good grin

She always complain that the hairband is to tight on her head at the end of the day she will remove it and even break it grin

at the end of the day I just kuku went to the saloon that they should cut her hair jare grin cheesy.
MusingsOfALady:
Yes, Children are a reflection of their parents but children are not toys or decorations for show. The emphasis should be on our kids reflecting our values more than our sense of fashion. We should also take in consideration their comfort as well as the values our fashion will reinforce in them

Some parents go as far as relaxing their 1 year old child's hair without considering the impact of the chemicals to the tender scalp, some make their child's hair for hours while the poor child screams and cries in pain.

Truth is if you subject your child to pain or discomfort or expose them unnecessarily just to show your your sense of fashion - it is Child abuse.

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 5:38am On Oct 09, 2015
Toolz is better of without the gym jare. If she gyms all those curves will disappear and all her arms, thighs and everything will turn to muscles just like serena williams own and no she won't be dealing with diabetes. It's over eating too much sugary stuffs and pastries that cause diabetes and not the way she looks

besides she's not obese. She's just full and volumptous.cant you see monique. The lady that played the lead role in phat girls? When she slimmed down she lost her beauty.

So there are some people better of when they are thick. Stop buying Hollywood's idea of beauty. They like painting every slim girl as pretty and every thick girl as slobby, un smart and indisciplined
coogar:

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 5:41am On Oct 09, 2015
grin

Toolz can't wear that because bum shorts isn't for everyone grin

even those with flat ass can't wear it
Stillfire:

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 5:43am On Oct 09, 2015
MusingsOfALady:
The boys are very cute but not the dreads.
That's just unnecessary.

what of if they were born with dreads or they inherited dreads from either parents? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 5:45am On Oct 09, 2015
armyofone:
cheesy the dread is unnecessary. Imagine the time spent doing his locs which should be used learning his next generation's abc's.

he might be born with the dreads cheesy
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by MusingsOfALady: 8:23am On Oct 09, 2015
Pele.

I go online and find simple children's hairstyles or simple cornrow styles.

It's amazing how many easy yet unique styles you can get online rather than subjecting them to long hours in the salon and painful hairdos.

SAMBARRY:
cheesy cheesy

I'm guilty. grin

I usually use little coloured ribbons and hair bands on wuras hair but she won't allow me concentrate on the hair as I force her to look good grin

She always complain that the hairband is to tight on her head at the end of the day she will remove it and even break it grin

at the end of the day I just kuku went to the saloon that they should cut her hair jare grin cheesy.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by MusingsOfALady: 8:25am On Oct 09, 2015
Yeah right! Lol cheesy

Like anyone still keeps those kinda dreads anymore.

(
SAMBARRY:
what of if they were born with dreads or they inherited dreads from either parents? cheesy
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 11:42am On Oct 09, 2015
MusingsOfALady:
Yeah right! Lol cheesy

Like anyone still keeps those kinda dreads anymore.

(
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 11:50am On Oct 09, 2015
MusingsOfALady:
Pele.

I go online and find simple children's hairstyles or simple cornrow styles.

It's amazing how many easy yet unique styles you can get online rather than subjecting them to long hours in the salon and painful hairdos.

but they are girls and girls have to look good. When she grows a bit older I will start weaving her hair by force and putting hair bands on her hair whether she likes it or not so that she will start getting used to pain whenever they make hair

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by MusingsOfALady: 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
I have girls too. Just plan well to reduce their pain, there are so many natural hair moisturizing products that soften hair, apply that early and also buy a very good detangler spray if you want them to be natural.

SAMBARRY:
but they are girls and girls have to look good. When she grows a bit older I will start weaving her hair by force and putting hair bands on her hair whether she likes it or not so that she will start getting used to pain whenever they make hair

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
MusingsOfALady:
I have girls too. Just plan well to reduce their pain, there are so many natural hair moisturizing products that soften hair, apply that early and also buy a very good detangler spray if you want them to be natural.

her hair is naturally curly so it's always slippery on my hands
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by 5minsmadness: 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Stillfire:

Is that what they call bum short in Nigeria? I was thinking it's the one the butt would be loosely hanging out, lol. grin
I practically grew up wearing shorts like that in the pic. So people find that provocative? Really?
NO they don't. That's not the bumshorts we were referring to. Theres nothing wrong with that pic. Lemme get the bumshorts we were talking about.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by 5minsmadness: 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
@stillfire this is an example of what we Nigerians know as "provocative" bumshorts. Pls pay no mind to some folk who like to paint others in bad light for reasons best known to them. Or maybe it's just honest ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by 5minsmadness: 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
RedCapChief:

Bum shorts are bum shorts; whether for grannies or kiddes. It may not be overtly provocative like in adults or teens, but it is just seems inappropriate
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by cococandy(f): 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
5minsmadness:
@stillfire this is an example of what we Nigerians know as "provocative" bumshorts. Pls pay no mind to some folk who like to paint others in bad light for reasons best known to them. Or maybe it's just honest ignorance.
Is that a child wearing it?

Show us pics of kids wearing bumshorts let's judge how sexy they look in it.
That's the whole point and I'll shut up.

If kids can't look sexy in bum shorts, that means bum shorts can't be considered provocative dressing when children wear it.

indecent dressing on one person can be decent in another based on size.

So I don't know how a child wearing bum shorts can be considered provocatively dressed when there's nothing to show there.

Lol@painting others in bad light. You're not serious.

6 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by MusingsOfALady: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
I don't think the right word is "provocative"(intended to arouse). However children can appear indecent and unnecessarily exposed when bum shorts is worn at an inappropriate place.

The emphasis of the post is not just on bum shorts. It's the overall outlook of a child. A child should never be described as "hot", sexy or a chick. Beyond bum shorts there are many other ways we sexualize our children- for example- through Music and dancing. A lot of children can give Beyounce a run for her money, they twerk and sing lurid lyrics. Even sometimes through nicknames- imagine another calling her daughter- sexy mama?

Another common one is allowing them to watch age inappropriate movies with you, exposing them to sexual content on TV programmes etc . Lets not get fixed on bum shorts, its not the single factor causing it, there are other factors as well.

3 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by cococandy(f): 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
MusingsOfALady:
I don't think the right word is "provocative"(intended to arouse). However children can appear indecent and unnecessarily exposed when bum shorts is worn at an inappropriate place.

The emphasis of the post is not just on bum shorts. It's the overall outlook of a child. A child should never be described as "hot", sexy or a chick. Beyond bum shorts there are many other ways we sexualize our children- for example- through Music and dancing. A lot of children can give Beyounce a run for her money, they twerk and sing lurid lyrics. Even sometimes through nicknames- imagine another calling her daughter- sexy mama?

Another common one is allowing them to watch age inappropriate movies with you, exposing them to sexual content on TV programmes etc
. Lets not get fixed on bum shorts, its not the single factor causing it, there are other factors as well.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Stillfire: 5:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
coogar:

You think they would wear panties inside such or maybe go for a thong? Totally defeats the purpose of showing the world your Gluteal Sulcus aka gluteal fold, fold of the buttock, horizontal gluteal crease or nyansh curvature. grin

Really? Toolz is many-a-naija men fantasy o. shocked
So not all naija men like it all heavy loaded, lmao! You are scared of her big nyansh or what?

3 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Stillfire: 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

Yeah this is provocative and indecent. Not a good look on anyone.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by coogar: 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
cococandy:

Show me a child that looks like this in bum shorts. I dare you.

i wouldn't have such evidence....
taking a picture of a child is a criminal offence in my borough. however, kids wear these things constantly!

It is the same style of shorts please. Only that in kids it never looks like this because there's no butt to expose. Those their tiny legs sef grin

excluding the obese ones.....

That's why I find it weird that bum shorts on kids is considered sexy by some people.

you made that conclusion.
we said it's inappropriate....no one said bum shorts on kids are sexy. one has to be a sexual deviant to think anything is sexy on kids!

It's the same thing as spaghetti straps or what have you on kids. They just look less dressed in it not sexy.

inappropriateness does not necessarily mean sexiness!

But if you're talking about robust teenagers who are beginning to develop sexually physically, then that would be a different thing and I'd agree with you on that.

haha!
finally, the penny dropped. grin

Stillfire:

You think they would wear panties inside such or maybe go for a thong? Totally defeats the purpose of showing the world your Gluteal Sulcus aka gluteal fold, fold of the buttock, horizontal gluteal crease or nyansh curvature. grin

i have seen some on adults and they still wore a g-string to cover what's left of their honour.

Really? Toolz is many-a-naija men fantasy o. shocked

pregnant men always almost are attracted to pregnant women. what's there to fantasise about toolz? she looks like the cross between a rhinoceros and a morbidly obese buffalo. i think her family name is the selling point. those curves are nothing but a walking diabetes!

So not all naija men like it all heavy loaded, lmao! You are scared of her big nyansh or what?

that yansh in a tropical environment like nigeria is a no-no! how many times would she be changing her undies cos of her sweat and other bodily fluids? does it also occur to you that women that big are extreme snorers?

thanks, but no thanks!

6 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by cococandy(f): 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
Coogar abeg Wetin be provocative?
Isn't it sexually provocative abi it's another kid of provocative we are talking about?
Let it not be that there's another social meaning to provocative and I'm here contributing blindly without knowing what y'all are talking about.

That's the only word that I had a problem with since it insinuates that kids can be sexually attractive. I don't see anything wrong with calling for age-appropriate dressing for kids.

As for inappropriate if you read my first post you'll see I already agreed some things look inappropriate on kids as it does not show their true age. So we kind of past that you know.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by coogar: 9:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
cococandy:
Coogar abeg Wetin be provocative?
Isn't it sexually provocative abi it's another kid of provocative we are talking about?
Let it not be that there's another social meaning to provocative and I'm here contributing blindly without knowing what y'all are talking about.

That's the only word that I had a problem with since it insinuates that kids can be sexually attractive. I don't see anything wrong with calling for age-appropriate dressing for kids.

As for inappropriate if you read my first post you'll see I already agreed some things look inappropriate on kids as it does not show their true age. So we kind of past that you know.

i can't remember using the word provocative to describe scantily dressed kids. the only thing i said was the mothers of such kids are highly irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by cococandy(f): 10:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
coogar:

i can't remember using the word provocative to describe scantily dressed kids. the only thing i said was the mothers of such kids are highly irresponsible.
Yea but I wasn't referring to you when I said I don't understand why anyone would consider a child's dressing as provocative because I know you didn't say that.

So how did we end up here? grin
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by coogar: 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
cococandy:

Yea but I wasn't referring to you when I said I don't understand why anyone would consider a child's dressing as provocative because I know you didn't say that.

So how did we end up here? grin

were you not the one asking me what provocative means? madam, have you been drinking some white wine today?

2 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by cococandy(f): 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
coogar:

were you not the one asking me what provocative means? madam, have you been drinking some white wine today?
You started by saying I don't know what bum shorts look like.

Lesson don't quote anyone to the contrary when they are saying the same thing you're saying. grin
Since we both agree that anyone who considers a child's dressing as sexy is a borderline perv.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by coogar: 10:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
cococandy:

You started by saying I don't know what bum shorts look like.

i'm quite certain of that. cheesy

Lesson don't quote anyone to the contrary when they are saying the same thing you're saying. grin

we are not on the same page on this one. you said nothing a child wears should matter. i said some kids often wear things that aren't appropriate and i blamed their mothers for dressing the kids indecently.

Since we both agree that anyone who considers a child's dressing as sexy is a borderline perv.

we agreed on that quite alright......
however, the issue here is being inappropriately dressed. i and many others don't see the kids as being provocative or sexy. we just see indecently dressed kids!

3 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by cococandy(f): 10:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
@bold where did you get that from?

Seriously?

So everything I said about age appropriate dressing for kids means nothing because I disagreed that kids can look sexy in some clothing?

I'm done mehn.

coogar:

i'm quite certain of that. cheesy

we are not on the same page on this one. you said nothing a child wears should matter. i said some kids often wear things that aren't appropriate and i blamed their mothers for dressing the kids indecently.

we agreed on that quite alright......
however, the issue here is being inappropriately dressed. i and many others don't see the kids as being provocative or sexy. we just see indecently dressed kids!
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 7:10am On Oct 10, 2015
You people should stop emphasizing on little girls too much. How about trendy little boys like the ones I posted.oya cococandy coogar and bukatyne what do you have to say about this little boys appearance

the mother mosty definitely has a sense of style

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

19-Year-Old Orphan Who Refused To Abort Pregnancy After She Was Gang Raped / 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage / What Would You Do In This Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.