Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Super Eagles Starlet Alex Iwobi Signs New Contract With Arsenal(photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Starlet Alex Iwobi Signs New Contract With Arsenal(photos) (1649 Views)

Chelsea Agrees Fee With Arsenal For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain / Igbo Arsenal Fan Upset With Arsenal After Efe Bbnaija Win(pics,videos) / Alex Iwobi & Girlfriend, Clarisse Loved Up In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Starlet Alex Iwobi Signs New Contract With Arsenal(photos) by xwolverine: 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2015
Arsenal prospect Alex Iwobi has signed a new long-term contract at the Emirates and has his sights set on breaking into Arsene Wenger's first team squad.
The 19-year-old forward, who is currently on international duty after being called up to the Nigeria squad, is the nephew of former Premier League star Jay-Jay Okocha.
Iwobi, who had previously represented England at youth level, has been at Arsenal since he was a primary school pupil and has committed his future to the north London club.

A statement on Arsenal's official website read: 'Alex Iwobi has signed a new long-term contract with Arsenal.
'Everyone at Arsenal would like to congratulate Alex on his new contract and we look forward to his continued progression in the season ahead.'

Iwobi is highly regarded at Arsenal and was part of Wenger's travelling squad on the pre-season tour of Singapore in July and later scored his first goal for the senior side against Lyon in the Emirates Cup.
The talent youngster is yet to feature in a competitive game for the Gunners but was named on the bench for the Capital One Cup victory over local rivals Tottenham last month.

'I'm delighted to have signed a new contract, especially with a club like Arsenal who are so big,' he told Arsenal.com. 'I'm happy to sign for them.
'I like to think I have earned it. I have gone through a lot with Arsenal so to have a new and improved contract is very good and I'm happy to have earned it.
'I have had ups and downs. As I was growing up I had a lot of downs but as I get older things just keep getting better and better.
'The ultimate goal is to break into the first team and play as many games as I can.'
Plans for a first team breakthrough this season may have to be shelved, though, because, as Sportsmail revealed last month, Iwobi could be sent out on loan to gain experience ahead of a more involved role next term.

Iwobi at the Super eagles training today
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2930549_fasd_jpegd5103d0fbf91a2b3789da04e9ea8ea53

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3261870/Arsenal-starlet-Alex-Iwobi-targets-team-breakthrough-signing-long-term-deal.html
Re: Super Eagles Starlet Alex Iwobi Signs New Contract With Arsenal(photos) by amii131(f): 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
Congrats tongue
Re: Super Eagles Starlet Alex Iwobi Signs New Contract With Arsenal(photos) by xwolverine: 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2015
amii131:
Congrats tongue

Are you a Man U fan tongue
Re: Super Eagles Starlet Alex Iwobi Signs New Contract With Arsenal(photos) by amii131(f): 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
xwolverine:

Are you a Man U fan tongue

Nah
City fan

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Bet9ja Odds Small, Is There Another Famous Betting Site / Wayne Rooney Endures Ghastliness Eye Damage In Everton's Conflict With Bournemou / Manc City Is A “big Problem” In The Premier League- Conte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.