Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Kaduna Uncovers N1.3 Billion Pension Racket - Samuel Aruwan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Uncovers N1.3 Billion Pension Racket - Samuel Aruwan (384 Views)

EFCC Uncovers N1.45 Billion Paid To Musiliu Obanikoro To Rig Elections / Kaduna State Dissolves V.I.O...samuel Aruwan special Assistant To The Governor. / Kaduna Uncovers 4 Billion Naira In 470 Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Uncovers N1.3 Billion Pension Racket - Samuel Aruwan by drauj(m): 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2015
Kaduna uncovers N1.3 billion pension racket
The Kaduna State Government has announced that it has uncovered a pension racket that costs the state N1.3 billion annually. This was one of the highlights of the report on the verification of pensioners in the state that has been presented to the state executive council. The report confirmed that 2,484 ghost pensioners were identified and removed from the pension payroll. Another set of 1,404 were classified as probable ghost pensioners because while they managed to get verified, they curiously failed to pick their pension cheques.
A statement from Samuel Aruwan, spokesman to the Governor, Malam Nasie El-Rufai, said that the state executive council has ordered investigations to identify the person(s) that have collecting the pensions of the ghost pensioners.
Aruwan’s statement said:
“In July 2015, the total pension payroll from the state and local governments stood at 18,265. It cost the state government N543,771,967.43 monthly to pay the pensioners.
“But at the end of the biometric verification exercise, only 15,781 pensioners were verified on the payroll. As many as 2,484 supposed pensioners did not show up at all. Of 15,781 pensioners that were verified, 1,404 pensioners did not collect their cheques, and they are being treated as probable ghosts.
“The Kaduna State Executive Council has ordered further investigations into the precise identities of the syndicate behind the pension scam. The council welcomed the fact that the verification of the pension payroll will now enable the state to save N1.3 billion every year.”
Signed
Samuel Aruwan
Special Assistant, Media and Publicity
06 October 2015

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=466886950162577&id=441506432700629
Re: Kaduna Uncovers N1.3 Billion Pension Racket - Samuel Aruwan by Bambless1(m): 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
Thread For My Abokis From Kaduna cool

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Uncovers N1.3 Billion Pension Racket - Samuel Aruwan by Bambless1(m): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
Bambless1:
Thread For My Abokis From Kaduna cool
see me see gobe oh abok.i na insults??

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Ayade Splashes N11m On Mother And Daughter Pageant’s Contestants-Vanguard / Rice Importers Owe FG N44BN - Senate Committee / Breaking: Tribunal Orders Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.