Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Help! Visual Studio Won't Install - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help! Visual Studio Won't Install (1804 Views)

Metroframework For C# Applications In Visual Studio / Help: Visual Studio Wont Install On My System / How To Run C# Codes Without Having To Install Visual Studio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Ignaz(m): 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2015
please gurus
i'm learning python and from a video i watched on youtube, it's best to try using python on visual basic. i've been trying unsuccessfully to install it, it keeps saying "Install Internet Explorer !0" which i did. now it's still not installing

my system is using a windows 7 ultimate
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 06, 2015

>Python
>Visual Basic
>Internet Explorer

Just get a decent text editor like Vim, Notepad++, or a full
fledged IDE like Eclipse +PyDev or PyCharm.

If for any reason you need Visual Studio, download the ISO from here then download WinCDEmu to mount it, and install.
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Nobody: 5:24am On Oct 07, 2015
For Python : Aptana Studio,Notepad ++, Python Fiddle, Sublime

Visual Basic.net : Visual Studio

Microsoft has stopped the production of Visual Basic. It's being called visual basic.net instead.
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 07, 2015
gimakon:

Microsoft has stopped the production of Visual Basic. It's being called visual basic.net instead.
what the size of the community version
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
proxy20:

angry What community version?
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
of visual studio
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
proxy20:
of visual studio

I presume what you mean is What's the size of the latest visual Studio 2015. Well I wouldn't know as I don't use 2015. I make use of 2013 and 2012 on my computers respectively, my friend uses 2010 on his computer, what matters most is that we use it to code applications and they respond accurately and very effectively. So it doesn't matter, what matters is can you code?

Shouldn't be more than 4.00 GB from what I see here.
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
ok
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by PheemyS: 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hi u. If u are using either vs 15,13 or 12 it wont run on win 7. vs15 and 13 run on win 8.1. While vs12 can run on win 8 and above. Best of luck on your coding journey
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Ignaz(m): 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
PheemyS:
Hi u. If u are using either vs 15,13 or 12 it wont run on win 7. vs15 and 13 run on win 8.1. While vs12 can run on win 8 and above. Best of luck on your coding journey

which version are you suggesting then?
thanks
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Ignaz(m): 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
proxy20:

3.7GB
i couldn't risk downloading it angry angry
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Ignaz(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
gimakon:

thanks, sir
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
Ignaz:

thanks, sir

You welcome anytime ;d
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Raypawer(m): 7:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
its 4.5 gb, if the old versions are working for you its ok, but the 2015 version has an advantage am currently using 2013 ultimate but i had to download lots of plugins to it so i can get new integrations like Angular Js and xamarin and others meanwhile 2015 has it by default!

gimakon:

I presume what you mean is What's the size of the latest visual Studio 2015. Well I wouldn't know as I don't use 2015. I make use of 2013 and 2012 on my computers respectively, my friend uses 2010 on his computer, what matters most is that we use it to code applications and they respond accurately and very effectively. So it doesn't matter, what matters is can you code?

Shouldn't be more than 4.00 GB from what I see here.
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by luksybee(m): 5:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
PheemyS:

Please verify before answering...

They don't run on service pack zero, but surely works on win7 sp1 and Win 8.1

@op ignore the IE error, you should be able to continue installation without it
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Ignaz(m): 9:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
luksybee:

Please verify before answering...

They don't run on service pack zero, but surely works on win7 sp1 and Win 8.1

@op ignore the IE error, you should be able to continue installation without it

well, it still won't install
i'm now using notepad++ though
thanks
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ignaz:

thanks

You giving yourself Problems. How do you want to create applications with GUI in C++?

Sometimes i wonder why you wonna go the super hard way when you have the easy way in front of you. Well thats what you get when you starting to code , but i sincerely advice , if you are looking for an IDE to code C/C++ and you are having issues with visual Studio, then you can go for Code::Blocks with MinGW compiler.

I recommended this IDE to a software engineering school and the indians have been calling my name and giving me praises over the Devc++ they have been using over the time.

You can do the same.

Salem.
Re: Help! Visual Studio Won't Install by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ignaz:

thanks

i will advice you to download pyscripter for your OS bit version.......32 bit or 64 bit. Thats if you want to enjoy coding in python........

(1) (Reply)

Java Programming At New Horizon - Advice Please / Programming In The South East / Internship Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.