Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 (36416 Views)

Utibe Whose Song Caught Davido's Attention Loses His Mum / Throwback Photo Of Wizkid Before Fame In Nov.2009 / Fans Beg Eva Alordia For Money. She Gave Them An Epic Reply (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
In a year which has been dominated with the rise of many new artistes, it is almost impossible to shorten the list of Songs which 'blew up' certain new artistes this year but then this list is close to as perfect as it can get when it comes to mentioning the top 10 songs which blew up this year from new artistes. Without further ado let's get down to business.

1. Woju - A song which had a great buzz within the first quarter of the year, Woju was the song which finally brought G-worldwide's frontliner Kiss Daniels into the limelight. A remix with Davido and Tiwa Savage further cemented his place up there.

2. Laye - Yet another offering from Kiss Daniels which further showed him not just as a One Hit wonder but as an act that can successfully "mess with the same sound"(Raba pun intended) and create two different hits.

These 2 songs shot New School act Kiss Daniels into the limelight.

3. Godwin - A street anthem and one of the few songs in Nigerian history that could be used in any church to praise God as well as (sadly) rocked to in any Club, Godwin was an infectious tune which successfully carved Korede Bello his own niche in the Music Industry.

4. Sade - AdekunleGold of YBNL was shot into the limelight as the 3rd YBNL act to have successfully 'blown' in the 2nd quarter of the year with his rendition of Sade, a cover version done on a One Direction song.

5. Jamb Question - The first new female face to be known this year was Simi and although Tiff was her first song this year to give her some buzz, Jamb Question was the final stroke of the racket to win her the points of 'blowing up' in the Music industry. With a title that became a phrase on the lips of the streets, Simi definitely has to thank this tune for her fame this year.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by benedictnsi(m): 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
Ok..... We hear
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
6. Awww - Di'Ja Of The Mavin Group dropped this Classic alternative tune which had a unique video and early this year the buzz it got was enough to make her stand out as her own individual and get her much popularity amongst music lovers.

7. Illegal - Pepenazi is a new school artiste who has been behind the scenes for sometime now but this year he released certain songs which started creating some good buzz for him as well as his cameos in most YBNL videos. Low and Fifemayo were starters but Illegal is the tune which took his name to the streets and finally put him at his highest point in the limelight.

8. Mosquito Killer This tune is easily hated or easily danced to. Pasuma's prodigy Small Doctor [/b]became the rave of the streets especially in Lagos with this anthem and is now one of the recognizable faces of Nigerian New School Music.

9. [b] Katapot
- With the respectable success of Chop Am in 2014, Reekado Banks needed to make a strong statement in 2015 and this song which was alleged to be a beef for Wande Coal and D'Banj with its unique video was the perfect tune to 'Catapult' him into the upper echelons of the Nigerian new school hitmakers.

10. German Juice - Having already created buzz for herself in 2014 with Don't Break My Heart , Cynthia Morgan succesfully cemented her place as a force to reckon with in the new school nigerian music industry with this fast paced patois-sung tune and it did her music C.V the best.

Add others if any...

Article written by : PrettyHausaGirl for www.craytunes..co.ke/2015/10/top-9-new-school-artistes-whose-song.html?m=1

Cc: lalasticlala seun

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Michellla(f): 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
7. Illegal - Pepenazi is a new school artiste who has been behind the scenes
for sometime now but this year he
released certain songs which started
creating some good buzz for him as well
as his cameos in most YBNL videos. Low and Fifemayo were starters but Illegal is the tune which took his name to the
streets and finally put him at his highest
point in the limelight.
8. Mosquito Killer This tune is easily hated or easily danced to. Pasuma's
prodigy Small Doctor [/b]became the rave of the streets especially in
Lagos with this anthem and is now
one of the recognizable faces of
Nigerian New School Music.

dont know this two but i agree with the rest

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by ellahzy(f): 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
OK cool
wat is mosquito killer

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by hatux: 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
Those ajekpako babes above me dey form butty... To tear you slap dey hungry me undecided.

You don't know small doctor Its like you live in the underworld....

Good list Op

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2015
hatux:
Those ajekpako babes above me dey form butty... To tear you slap dey hungry me undecided.

Good list Op

Thanks love. I want to be the foremost female e-music critic in Nigeria. So help me God smiley
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Lilshorecords(m): 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
hatux:
To tear you slap dey hungry me
lmao
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by hatux: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2015
Lilshorecords:
lmao
See 'em nah, forming Porsche lol cheesy....
PrettyHausaGirl:

Thanks love. I want to be the foremost female e-music critic in Nigeria. So help me God smiley
Amen!cool
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2015
Cynthia morgan...

Lalasticlala please move my article to the frontpage for more responses and analysis thanks

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by nuelzy: 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
kissDaniel.....hmmm dude is...
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by RedCard1(m): 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2015
The Godwin song is an overrated mess. It managed to be a huge hit cos of the hero worship of Don Jazzy by Nigerians.

Are you sure Dija is the one in that pic? Na here wey photoshop come finish work. That babe sabi sing small but she no fine like this.

Woju and Laye are same product in different packages.

Katapot is just cool. Reekado Banks can really sing.

Simi's Jamb Question takes it all. Nice song.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Xynthialuvy(f): 11:01pm On Oct 06, 2015
Katapot, laye, illegal..these i dnt knw. Bt i like dt dija..awww
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by faray: 3:55am On Oct 07, 2015
ok
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Dantee005(m): 5:51am On Oct 07, 2015
But shes right......i neva heard of small doctor too.....
hatux:

Good list Op

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by englishmart(m): 6:02am On Oct 07, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:
Cynthia morgan...

Lalasticlala please move my article to the frontpage for more responses and analysis thanks
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2931957_wpidwpidcynthiamorgan_jpeg_jpegca2451edc2f33f21f568e3c0335901c7 I don't know who this lady is, but what I'm very sure of is that she looks like a Portuguese born Chinese lady brought up in Kenya and deported to Burkina Faso..

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Whizpeter(m): 7:34am On Oct 07, 2015
englishmart:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2931957_wpidwpidcynthiamorgan_jpeg_jpegca2451edc2f33f21f568e3c0335901c7 I don't know who this lady is, but what I'm very sure of is that she looks like a Portuguese born Chinese lady brought up in Kenya and deported to Burkina Faso..

Fatality! Finish Her!!! grin grin cheesy

37 Likes

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Whizpeter(m): 7:36am On Oct 07, 2015
Xynthialuvy:
Katapot, laye, illegal..these i dnt knw. Bt i like dt dija..awww

Are you sure you're in Nigeria You can be forgiven for not knowing Illegal but Katapot and Laye? No na... Unless you just fell from mars...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Whizpeter(m): 7:39am On Oct 07, 2015
hatux:

Good list Op

Who is small doctor? I only knew he was existing when I saw his name on the headies nominees list... Tho I used to hear people mime to his songs and all the 'Aine' thing but didn't know he was the one behind 'Em... So don't blame those chicks cos small doctor is almost non-existent to me!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by ROZZAYY(f): 7:58am On Oct 07, 2015
Nice list op german juice it is for me den woju jamb q and dija. Btw op u r rily a pretty hausa gal
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by angelTI(f): 8:14am On Oct 07, 2015
I honestly don't know some of these songs sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by joseph1832(m): 8:20am On Oct 07, 2015
ROZZAYY:
Nice list op german juice it is for me den woju jamb q and dija. Btw op u r rily a pretty hausa gal
Ma'am. Is you be this?

PrettyHausaGirl:

How do you intend to proceed with your e-music criticisms?

You should know many Nigerians see criticisms of any sort as pure 'bad belle' and they invariably will label you 'hater'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by danizy(m): 9:19am On Oct 07, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

ohhh really??am a music producer and also a promoter in addition also a video director..if u wanna getdown with me,the chat me@andrew daniels@fb.com
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 9:29am On Oct 07, 2015
joseph1832:
Ma'am. Is you be this?

How do you intend to proceed with your e-music criticisms?

You should know many Nigerians see criticisms of any sort as pure 'bad belle' and they invariably will label you 'hater'.

I intend to always give an unbias review of songs, news and gossips and these views are only a representation of my intellect and at such, if my views are at contrast to any other person's, i will not assume that i am totally correct but also analyse the other person's point and let those who read or follow our points judge who is more correct and i take criticism in good health as it is a sign that i am been followed, noticed and analyzed. I am never a hater and calling me one will never make me one. I just don't ass-lick though. Cheers love smiley
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Iyamar(f): 9:32am On Oct 07, 2015
Wishing them all the best
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by joseph1832(m): 10:04am On Oct 07, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

I intend to always give an unbias review of songs, news and gossips and these views are only a representation of my intellect and at such, if my views are at contrast to any other person's, i will not assume that i am totally correct but also analyse the other person's point and let those who read or follow our points judge who is more correct and i take criticism in good health as it is a sign that i am been followed, noticed and analyzed. I am never a hater and calling me one will never make me one. I just don't ass-lick though. Cheers love smiley
Hmm, I wish you all the best. cheesy
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by Richie0974: 10:16am On Oct 07, 2015
Heard
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by free2ryhme: 10:16am On Oct 07, 2015
angry
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by steph2sweet(f): 10:16am On Oct 07, 2015
Cynthia Morgan is turning into something else, don't really know most of the songs on that list.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by amii131(f): 10:17am On Oct 07, 2015
Y
Re: Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 by menix(m): 10:17am On Oct 07, 2015
Wey me nah...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinsel Star Gbenro Ajibade Proposes To Osas Ighodaro-Photo / Vera Sidika Buys New Car For New Boyfriend Days After Dumping Ex-boyfriend / Ifu Ennada As A 19-Year-Old TV Presenter (Throwback Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.