Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 (42544 Views)

Entry-level Jobs At Pricewaterhousecoopers (pwc) - 12 October, 2015 / Eleganza Industries Limited Job Recruitment, October 2015 / Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc Fresh Job Recruitment - 6th October, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by possibilita(m): 5:20am On Oct 07, 2015
Valendo:
It baffles me why our graduates like to waste their precious time. Why is it that people don't struggle to set up a business or a system that can give them a lot of money. Listen my brother formal education will give you a cheque while self education will earn you a fortune. Stop wasting your time, not even for a job you can be sacked at any time. There are numerous opportunities out there that can make you rich and certainly its not paid employment. So please my dear brothers and sisters think beyond this contract job. One problem I know majority of our youth face today is this "quick rich" thing. Believe me if you can think very well you will understand that its only a matter of time, you will say thank God you were not given any employment letter because most of the jobs out there are total slavery. I have ideas that can make you rich. Feel free to ask me. All of us can do better than this please. I look forward to a day banks will start begging people to work for them. This is possible if only we could think outside the box.
funny u,so u think starting a business is about opening a store and start selling purewater? If I may ask,what business are u operating @ d moment cos I wud like to be ur employee,pls don't be a comedian and stop thinking the Op wasted his time because he learnt something.

1 Like

Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by demmyx2(m): 5:54am On Oct 07, 2015
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b][i][/i]Give me d advice pls in my mailbox demmy5050@yahoo.com
Valendo:
It baffles me why our graduates like to waste their precious time. Why is it that people don't struggle to set up a business or a system that can give them a lot of money. Listen my brother formal education will give you a cheque while self education will earn you a fortune. Stop wasting your time, not even for a job you can be sacked at any time. There are numerous opportunities out there that can make you rich and certainly its not paid employment. So please my dear brothers and sisters think beyond this contract job. One problem I know majority of our youth face today is this "quick rich" thing. Believe me if you can think very well you will understand that its only a matter of time, you will say thank God you were not given any employment letter because most of the jobs out there are total slavery. I have ideas that can make you rich. Feel free to ask me. All of us can do better than this please. I look forward to a day banks will start begging people to work for them. This is possible if only we could think outside the box.
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by eyinjuege: 6:01am On Oct 07, 2015
Valendo:

Nice one but at the same time you don't really need formal knowledge or training. I think entrepreneur is what is good for this developing economy we find ourselves. You see Indecision is one of the enemies lurking inside us. Indecision is the thief of opportunity & enterprise. It will steal your chances for better future. Take a sword to this enemy NOW.

I do agree with you. I've been privileged to know a man that was great but unfortunately late now. He was a self made man and not educated formally, but funny enough speaks good English. In our various discussions, he will tell you he schooled in the university of life, and has a PhD from the University of Life. He ran various successful businesses. He died like 3months ago unfortunately at age 72 cry. He had so many beautiful business ideas even at that age, and was still very active till he died suddenly.
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by MikkyT1(m): 6:09am On Oct 07, 2015
Valendo:

Well said bro, pls am interested ...mark_brown2000101@yahoo.com....tanks
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by Originalsly: 6:29am On Oct 07, 2015
Just can't figure why soooooo many people need to quote the whole thread before making a comment....isn't that the topic? @Op....first impression is very important and that is what set the tone of the interview. You entered before being called so I guess you gave a negative first impression .... that you are unmannerly.... and that turned everything negative..... for them to trap you in a lie or unable to represent your cv. The interview went as long as it did because he couldn't have you cornered as easily as he thought. Whatever the case....and whatever your qualifications....what I know is that you are a damn good story writer!....you need to think about writing.....compiling short stories or like this your experiences in small booklets and target long distance travellers or people in waiting rooms. I had to stop reading a few times to get my laughter under control....and mop the tears from my eyes! ...I salute you bro...this was truly hilarious!

1 Like

Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by ryanfletcher: 6:33am On Oct 07, 2015
hahahah,what a heart wrenching ordeal you went through, I just started laughing at the part where that ignorant told you "you no get leg to waka,". Nigerians can be very cruel most times,lol but don't see it as a dispointmemt just be rest assured that it has shapened you up to be a greater person that could do much more than what you shown there.....hahaha" o boy you no get leg to waka" hahaha
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by ibedun: 6:37am On Oct 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

I just can't work for them never did and by the grace of GOD won't work for em

So, tonychristopher is just a job hunting punk upon all your forming in the politics section particularly Igbo matters. I thought you had bought all my ancestral land finish? With your Indian company job? Anuofia, just make sure you no give woman belle otherwise you will wipe an Indian man's yansh tire. Onyeberiebe
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by Valendo: 6:39am On Oct 07, 2015
Kazrem:

I presupposed your ending and it didn't fail me. While I agree one should build his/her system, the question is, is it everyone that is cut out for self employment or building a system? And another thing is that will it not be fair to learn the rudiments of building a system somewhere before one embarks on his own? Please I have not said building one business isn't good but only saying that paid employment has its own advantage too. And saying most of these jobs are slavery, thank God you said most and not all. Do you also know that 1 out of every business start ups fail and also about half of the ones that survive fail after 5 years? Both sides have both advantage and disadvantage. One can be rich via both. Do not discredit one for the other.
Paid employment has its own advantage but it will never make you a fortune. Unless you invest in other business. And that's another thing entirely. Concerning you statistic about business failure, I don't know where you get your own from. You don't seem to get it. You determine your own success. Forget about that crap that most business fail after 5 yrs or whatever. The question you should ask yourself is why would it fail? Listen to me my brother here’s one philosophy that helped change my life. It’s not what happens that determines your life’s future. It’s what you do about what happens. All of us are in like a little sailboat, and it’s not the blow of the wind that determines your destination. It’s the set of the sail. So please take note. It’s one of the best things we must understand. Kids need to understand it as well and most especially those who are still looking for admission or are in school already. The same wind blows on us all. I repeat the same wind blows on us all. The wind of disaster, the wind of opportunity, the wind of change, the wind when it’s upside down, the wind when it’s favorable and unfavorable. The same wind blows on us all. The economic wind, the social wind, the political wind. The same wind blows on everybody. The difference is where you arrive in one year, three years, five years, the difference in arrival is not the blowing of the wind but the set of the sail.
That’s what learning is all about, to set a better sail this year than last year--to set a better arrival or achievements.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 07, 2015
Bubewilson:
lols Dear Jarush it's no scam. The outfit is Workforce Enugu office and I believe most graduates have heard of them.
I had a said banking interview with them sometime ago and mine went well. Trying to do my documentation presently and file in in case something considerable comes up through them.
The interviewer in question is a calm man and easy to get along with from my encounter with him Sha. From my analysis of what op posted I think he is good at what he studied in the school but failed to stir the interview away from his academic makeup since the industry in question was different from what he was trained in at the University.

My thought though, I might be wrong.

If it's workforce, then that's very unprofessional of them. I know workforce.
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by Valendo: 6:45am On Oct 07, 2015
eyinjuege:

I do agree with you. I've been privileged to know a man that was great but unfortunately late now. He was a self made man and not educated formally, but funny enough speaks good English. In our various discussions, he will tell you he schooled in the university of life, and has a PhD from the University of Life. He ran various successful businesses. He died like 3months ago unfortunately at age 72 cry. He had so many beautiful business ideas even at that age, and was still very active till he died suddenly.
You see. Sometimes I wonder why we are so quick to blame others but ourselves. If you imagine the rate at which people are wasting there money on lotto baba ijebu or football betting all in the name of I want to get rich quickly. Its a shameful thing in our society but like I said where you arrive in future is a function of what you do today

1 Like

Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 07, 2015
Rexology:
@Op let me guess, its Workforce group at Trans Ekulu Enugu. The male interviewer's name is NNAMDI (he is fair in complexion and very rude) the other Lady's name is Judith (she has a bit long face). Am I right? grin

Haa op is in ghost mode now, he can't be reached for further comments...
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by allawizzow(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2015
Valendo:
Haykay2much@yahoo.com
Share ur knowledge with me sir
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by psalmsjob: 6:49am On Oct 07, 2015
Aseneshii:
If I were you, I will not finish that interview, they lack professionalism, I wouldn't allowed people with low I.q interview me.
This your comment doesn't show that you're of "very" high IQ as you presume yourself to be but you're on track. Your ability to withstand any situation is key and the "odder" the situations the better IQ shown/gained, I guess!

At the workplaces you'll meet customers of low to no IQ and you're expected to interact with them to get the best for your company/objective that's "real" professionalism, I think!
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by missojugo(f): 6:53am On Oct 07, 2015
espionagesavvy:
A top recruitment agency was recruiting for the bank at enugu. I arrived at the venue very early and sat in a small room with the few persons that had arrived, after a while people trickled in until the room was filled and the seats fully occupied, people had to stay outside, when the time for the interview was upon us, one of the officials of the recruitment agency came and addressed us about the importance of marketing to the bank, our careers, and to us as young people ( we didn't apply for marketing position, they didn't inform us on the role we would be interviewed for nor the name of the bank). The very funny stuff was that the job seekers were all in suit, sweating profusely, but none could muster the courage to put on the ceiling fan, when I asked the man closest to the switch to do so, he simply replied, "o boy u no get leg to waka go put am"

The interview.

This was my first interview, so I was a little nervous but excited, I had nothing to lose, they either accept me or reject me, I told myself people go to war and they don't shit their pants, I was just going to face a human not a tiger and have a constructive talk with the person. Names where been called, I didn't want to seat, I stood outside the room with some very nervous ladies and gents and they really appeared nerve wrecked, jittering and scared, I decided that I would not appear frightened, and that was the mistake I made..
It got to my turn, I walked into the office and faced my nemesis, my interviewer sparked

" MR Man who told you to enter in the first place, you are supposed to stand in the doorway until I give you permission to enter"

I apologized immediately and was asked to sit and then hand my cv over.

The first question, "mr man, what is your name" Sir my name is Ambrose ochuko

"Tell me about yourself"

I had practiced this question numerous times, so I was really eloquent. He laughed after I was done, and said " oboy you cram this thing". No sir I didn't, I had prepared myself for this question and the likes sir, I prepared myself for the interview Sir..

So you said you were the best in your class right? Yes sir I replied.

"What course?" International studies and diplomacy sir,

He laughed again, "you have entered my trap because I would ask you difficult questions and you are expected to give me the correct not near correct answers.

Tell me about the foreign policy of obasanjos government in 2000."

Sir, nigeria during the regime of general sani abacha from 1993 to 1998 was regarded as a pariah state, obasanjo tried to reintroduce nigeria as a responsible member of the global committee of nations and....

"stop there, you are speaking Grammer for me, what is pariah, eh..".

pariah sir is..."

shut up, I know it..

"You have failed that one" but sir I protested, "see i won't argue with you, continue speaking Grammer, I liked this, he said with a very ominous laughter, the lady sitting with him joined in the laughter, I felt weak..

"Your next question is tell me the origin of the igbos?"

No problem sir, I started, the igbos originate from the volta congo region in africa, they..

"wait there is that it, are you sure you did your african history well, university of Benin abi, are you sure you even graduated"...
Is that the only origin of the igbo race,

sir, there are traditions of origins which postulate that the igbos are from Israel and also another which say that the progenitor of the igbo people came from the sky, but these are just hemitic hypotesis and the latter is just untrue,

" who told you that the igbos are not from Israel eh, you don't have the right to say that, what do you think you know" I just tire..

Em, he turned to the lady and asked if she had any questions for me, to which the lady looked at me as if I was fart or even poo, a demeaning look with a laughter replied, Abegi no questions.

"Well what can someone who studied international studies and diplomacy do in a bank sef" Sir I began, international stu... "I have heard you, you can now go, we will get back to you..

I was disappointed not that I knew I had lost the job, but the total disregard of professionalism the recruiting office displayed. So if i may advise you, if you are seeking a job opportunity, don't appear confident, simply be downbeat and downtrodden. My first job interview was a total disaster but I learned valuable lessons from the episode.

Boy you are obviously too good for the job and they didn't want to waste your future chasing after bank deposit! You are lucky you didn't get the dirty job because its a dead end job that will suck the life and willingness to live out of you. Imagine having such an ass as a boss? Rubbish
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by swankylay(m): 6:57am On Oct 07, 2015
U were composed Na. U did Well. What If i tell u the man is just trying to form strict. Don't be surprised If u r called back. Trust me.

1 Like

Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by MrImole: 6:58am On Oct 07, 2015
Valendo:
I'm interested.
seyibamiteko@yahoo.co.uk
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by tonychristopher: 7:04am On Oct 07, 2015
ibedun:

So, tonychristopher is just a job hunting punk upon all your forming in the politics section particularly Igbo matters. I thought you had bought all my ancestral land finish? With your Indian company job? Anuofia, just make sure you no give woman belle otherwise you will wipe an Indian man's yansh tire. Onyeberiebe

Oga by his grace I gave grown pass that level and why do you insult were u raised from insult..you acted like one stupid boy here on nairaland that keeps posting wrong pictures of me and also pictures of me when I was paying my dues that was ages ago...when I showed him the real Tony

He turned around and said that I am a ritualist band since then has stopped . we are still hunting for the money and that is it

Now grow up...I know that I can feed you cos I am feeding people better than you and for your information I am married and has passed the level of giving woman belle like 5 yrs ago

Too much kids here
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 07, 2015
Carmal90:

Pls am listening to the advice that can enrich me sir...carmallaide@gmail.com

Lykwise me... Jadondagodfather@yahoo.com
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by tonychristopher: 7:06am On Oct 07, 2015
missojugo:

Boy you are obviously too good for the job and they didn't want to waste your future chasing after bank deposit! You are lucky you didn't get the dirty job because its a dead end job that will suck the life and willingness to live out of you. Imagine having such an ass as a boss? Rubbish

Well he can make a career out of banking but I think he is a kid and he will learn to take streets as they come
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by tonychristopher: 7:07am On Oct 07, 2015
Valendo:

You see. Sometimes I wonder why we are so quick to blame others but ourselves. If you imagine the rate at which people are wasting there money on lotto baba ijebu or football betting all in the name of I want to get rich quickly. Its a shameful thing in our society but like I said where you arrive in future is a function of what you do today

To me I consider anybody that plays lotto lazy

1 Like

Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by tonychristopher: 7:10am On Oct 07, 2015
ibedun:

Aturu.... The average Igbo man is always on a look out for greater business and this was like years ago and mind you I am still looking for greater money and will comfortably feed you

I got kids so I don pass giving belle levels like u
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by heydre646(m): 7:13am On Oct 07, 2015
Valendo:

My advice for you is to take time and study the business section of the nairaland very well. There are lots of business opportunities there. Don't limit your area of interest to the job vacancies alone. Whatever I say here its left for you to believe it or not. Only God knows the last time I applied for a job. I hardly get the time to. I started my business with the intention of doing it part-time while I look for job. But the whole thing changed after my second month in the business. For me I'm into Networking as well as bitcoin business. However, there are lots of other business opportunities in the business section or investment section. Just look for one and start it. I hate it when youths want to get rich quick even when they know such might not last. Build a business. Patience is the key. Before you know it you will be surprised. I think you just need to get out of your comfort zone. Real life is outside the comfort zone. Don't wish for less problems wish for more skills; don't wish for less challenges wish for more wisdom. Don't wish things were easier wish you were better. My brother the sky will be your limit. Remember spend time @ the business section very well.

God bless your mind bro
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by Uchboggy(m): 7:14am On Oct 07, 2015
Aseneshii:
If I were you, I will not finish that interview, they lack professionalism, I wouldn't allowed people with low I.q interview me.
. See what this one is saying, SMH
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by liquidheaven(m): 7:17am On Oct 07, 2015
Same poo with workforce in lagos, especially that black aunty in the third cubbicle, looking like a crazy person out for blood
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by collyno1985: 7:18am On Oct 07, 2015
Valendo:

Please help brother in need of what to do.

Been looking for job since I lost my previous one. Chukwudichristian11@yahoo.com.
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by Busari132(m): 7:23am On Oct 07, 2015
Valendo:
. Olatunjiyusuf68@gmail.com
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by bookface: 7:23am On Oct 07, 2015
You went for an interview for a job you don't know and a bank you have know clue about

Seriously?

One the one hand, your interviewers are not professionals... On the other hand, you seriously need a rethink of your own career objectives
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by engrshakespeare: 7:25am On Oct 07, 2015
akinsal:

Eyaaa.. Sorry oo.
Na wa o, so u had to quote d whole post to say this rubbish undecided
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by kroosx: 7:26am On Oct 07, 2015
Valendo:
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by aspirebig: 7:29am On Oct 07, 2015
Op, dont give up. Obviously they already had their candidates or they are just out to frustrate you.

Only go to interview with positive mindset, if you say they either take me or reject me, it means that you have been defeated partly in your before going .it might affect your performance too.

Those guys are unprofessional.

All the best, dont give up, keep praying and keep trying. The more you attend, you experience you have.
Re: My Disastrous Banking Job Interview On The 5th Of October 2015 by waistaa(f): 7:31am On Oct 07, 2015
espionagesavvy:
A top recruitment agency was recruiting for the bank at enugu. I arrived at the venue very early and sat in a small room with the few persons that had arrived, after a while people trickled in until the room was filled and the seats fully occupied, people had to stay outside, when the time for the interview was upon us, one of the officials of the recruitment agency came and addressed us about the importance of marketing to the bank, our careers, and to us as young people ( we didn't apply for marketing position, they didn't inform us on the role we would be interviewed for nor the name of the bank). The very funny stuff was that the job seekers were all in suit, sweating profusely, but none could muster the courage to put on the ceiling fan, when I asked the man closest to the switch to do so, he simply replied, "o boy u no get leg to waka go put am"

The interview.

This was my first interview, so I was a little nervous but excited, I had nothing to lose, they either accept me or reject me, I told myself people go to war and they don't shit their pants, I was just going to face a human not a tiger and have a constructive talk with the person. Names where been called, I didn't want to seat, I stood outside the room with some very nervous ladies and gents and they really appeared nerve wrecked, jittering and scared, I decided that I would not appear frightened, and that was the mistake I made..
It got to my turn, I walked into the office and faced my nemesis, my interviewer sparked

" MR Man who told you to enter in the first place, you are supposed to stand in the doorway until I give you permission to enter"

I apologized immediately and was asked to sit and then hand my cv over.

The first question, "mr man, what is your name" Sir my name is Ambrose ochuko

"Tell me about yourself"

I had practiced this question numerous times, so I was really eloquent. He laughed after I was done, and said " oboy you cram this thing". No sir I didn't, I had prepared myself for this question and the likes sir, I prepared myself for the interview Sir..

So you said you were the best in your class right? Yes sir I replied.

"What course?" International studies and diplomacy sir,

He laughed again, "you have entered my trap because I would ask you difficult questions and you are expected to give me the correct not near correct answers.

Tell me about the foreign policy of obasanjos government in 2000."

Sir, nigeria during the regime of general sani abacha from 1993 to 1998 was regarded as a pariah state, obasanjo tried to reintroduce nigeria as a responsible member of the global committee of nations and....

"stop there, you are speaking Grammer for me, what is pariah, eh..".

pariah sir is..."

shut up, I know it..

"You have failed that one" but sir I protested, "see i won't argue with you, continue speaking Grammer, I liked this, he said with a very ominous laughter, the lady sitting with him joined in the laughter, I felt weak..

"Your next question is tell me the origin of the igbos?"

No problem sir, I started, the igbos originate from the volta congo region in africa, they..

"wait there is that it, are you sure you did your african history well, university of Benin abi, are you sure you even graduated"...
Is that the only origin of the igbo race,

sir, there are traditions of origins which postulate that the igbos are from Israel and also another which say that the progenitor of the igbo people came from the sky, but these are just hemitic hypotesis and the latter is just untrue,

" who told you that the igbos are not from Israel eh, you don't have the right to say that, what do you think you know" I just tire..

Em, he turned to the lady and asked if she had any questions for me, to which the lady looked at me as if I was fart or even poo, a demeaning look with a laughter replied, Abegi no questions.

"Well what can someone who studied international studies and diplomacy do in a bank sef" Sir I began, international stu... "I have heard you, you can now go, we will get back to you..

I was disappointed not that I knew I had lost the job, but the total disregard of professionalism the recruiting office displayed. So if i may advise you, if you are seeking a job opportunity, don't appear confident, simply be downbeat and downtrodden. My first job interview was a total disaster but I learned valuable lessons from the episode.
. This kain thing dey sound like workforce wey dey enugu after uba abi zenith bank....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? / All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! / 9mobile Is Currently Recruiting – Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.