Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! (5440 Views)

Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User / For Those That Are Body Shaming Women (photos) / She Posted This On Facebook And Got The Bashing Of Her Life (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by ronald4lif(m): 12:01am On Oct 07, 2015
netizenbuzz:

baba calm down. If you feel male folks are not treated well, simply start your own campaign. you don't have to be downright rude and abusive to make your point. Feminists are not stopping you. Look for a good name to call your movement and then boom!

Your anger card doesn't also fly, if anyone is angry should be you who doesn't want to state female prejudice let's put to test what you really want.

We're not brought up to shift the buck of our problem to someone else. We take responsibility and are aware of our prejudicial treatment just as we understand that nothing is perfect and take our challenges as a strength to our development, not go bishing about like you lots who would blame everyone but yourselves and play the perpetual victim card.

Typical. They're always aloof whenever they're challenged to list their challenges so men can list theirs too let's square up and scrutinise who the victim truly is. No surprise.

1 Like

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 07, 2015
netizenbuzz:

I beg to disagree. Feminism as you see it today is a stereotype people have made it to be. Even women are confused about what it really means. Hence, being dismissive of every feminist before you even hear what they have to say is really not the right way to go.
I know I believe in equality and I even preach it here when discussing with women. I practice it in my life.

However, understanding the nitty-gritty of what feminism stands for is tantamount to some form of discrimination against men, which many of them are not seeing. What most of them see is that men are oppressing and violating women rights and to fight back is by taking opposite action and form a movement based on such ideology instead of working with men to find solution to gender discrimination. Men are going through some violations in the hand of women too but not in the same magnitude as in the other way round.
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by kishimi8(m): 12:10am On Oct 07, 2015
netizenbuzz:

That something is normal doesn't make it right.

What you should know is that the anonymity the Internet grants people make your cause a failed one from inception, .
You can't change a faceless forum for all you know many guys here could be ladies in disguise.

People come online to be jerks and release some pent up frustration, even the most logically presented argument can be totally disregarded and the poster insulted is one of the rules of the Internet,
Just preach to your brothers and close friends at home where your words might make a difference and let the guys here have their fun.
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 07, 2015
ronald4lif:

Your anger card doesn't also fly, if anyone is angry should be you who doesn't want to state female prejudice let's put to test what you really want.

We're not brought up to shift the buck of our problem to someone else. We take responsibility and are aware of our prejudicial treatment just as we understand that nothing is perfect and take our challenges as a strength to our development, not go bishing about like you lots who would blame everyone but yourselves and play the perpetual victim card.

Typical. They're always aloof whenever they're challenged to list their challenges so men can list theirs too let's square up and scrutinise who the victim truly is. No surprise.

Dude, I'm trying to be as civil as possible but I can see that the hatred in you knows no bound. I am not here to play the victim card. Note that I used the words "bashing" and "shaming". It is not the same thing as giving constructive criticism that would really motivate a person to change their negative behaviours. It is only cyber-bully.
But wait a sec, are you not being hypocritical here. This is a negative vice I pointed out but you are here being defensive, continually putting the blame on women. Na wa o.

2 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by tosyne2much(m): 12:11am On Oct 07, 2015
Vinshu:
smiley

Finally something that is not "10 things a lady should do..." "top ten things Nigerian ladies do..." etc...

God Bless you op. smiley

But it is not a man's world. Point of correction but well said.

Feminism has come to stay! Let them spew their trash on the front page. It changes nothing!
hmmm mm
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 07, 2015
kishimi8:

What you should know is that the anonymity the Internet grants people make your cause a failed one from inception, .
You can't change a faceless forum for all you know many guys here could be ladies in disguise.

People come online to be jerks and release some pent up frustration, even the most logically presented argument can be totally disregarded and the poster insulted is one of the rules of the Internet,
Just preach to your brothers and close friends at home where your words might make a difference and let the guys here have their fun.

If you call this fun, who am I to say otherwise? It's a sad world really.

2 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by tosyne2much(m): 12:14am On Oct 07, 2015
netizenbuzz:

I just said it's a man's world to boost their ego lol
hmmmmm
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 07, 2015
netizenbuzz:

I just said it's a man's world to boost their ego lol
What do you call that? That is profiling indeed. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by ronald4lif(m): 12:23am On Oct 07, 2015
netizenbuzz:

Dude, I'm trying to be as civil as possible but I can see that the hatred in you knows no bound. I am not here to play the victim card. Note that I used the words "bashing" and "shaming". It is not the same thing as giving constructive criticism that would really motivate a person to change their negative behaviours. It is only cyber-bully.
But wait a sec, are you not being hypocritical here. This is a negative vice I pointed out but you are here being defensive, continually putting the blame on women. Na wa o.

I pointed out a bluff of yours and rather than take it in good faith you conspicuously became defensive, which it's not uncommon with your cliques. It became pertinent I press further to expose your false feminism tirades.

Relating on equal pedestal with women has never been a problem, feminism is the problem. It's an extreme charade that has nothing to do equality but rather design to give women edges and favoritism over men. We'd continue to expose the movement for the fraud that it is.

The vice you highlighted is something I have been fighting for and on daily basis I ruffle feathers with members of my sex to tone down the women hating. Countless women including some known feminist on NL can testify to my claims. I do it at my own command, and don't have to tailgate your post.
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by tosyne2much(m): 12:32am On Oct 07, 2015
All I can say is that, for the decades I have spent on the surface of the earth, I have been able to observe that specifically ladies detest the truth, hence, making them have you hated

When you use sarcastic words or a sort of exaggeration to appraise them, they will so much like you and want you around. But when you are that type that of a person like me who doesn't hesitate speaking the truth in its unclothedness, they tag you a misogynist

OP, you all complain that the misogynist attitude of guys in recent time calls for urgent attention but the truth of the matter is that, though I won't deny that fact that guys are quick to rubbish and mouth-thrash ladies, but if you are sensible enough, you would see that for every so called bashing female bashing thread, an atom of truth of at least 70% is contained

The problem ladies are having is that their minds are conditioned to the belief that anybody that hurt ladies with the truth, is actually a misogynist

Few minutes ago, I saw a thread titled "how to keep your joystick clean" and I saw a point where the OP made a maximum generalization that guys wear their boxers for a week. You wouldn't believe that guys couldn't but accept the fact that they are guilty of it, but if it were to be otherwise, the ladies would start saying that that assertion is to demean their gender.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 07, 2015
ronald4lif:

I pointed out a bluff of yours and rather than take it in good faith you conspiciously became defensive, which it's not uncommon with your cliques. It became pertinent I press further to expose your false feminism tirades.

Relating on equal pedestal with women has never been a problem, feminism is the problem. It's an extreme charade that has nothing to do equality but rather design to give women edges and favoritism over men. We'd continue to expose the movement for the fraud that it is.

The vice you highlighted is something I have been fighting for and on daily basis I ruffle feathers with members of my sex to tone down the women hating. Countless women including some known feminist on NL can testify to my claims. I do it at my own command, and don't have to tailgate your post.

and I know your type who think they are supporting women but in truth are only there to make themselves feel better. It is really not about you dude tongue
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 07, 2015
tosyne2much:
All I can say is that, for the decades I have spent on the surface of the earth, I have been able to observe that specifically ladies detest the truth, hence, making them have you hated

When you use sarcastic words or a sort of exaggeration to appraise them, they will so much like you and want you around. But when you are that type that of person like me who doesn't hesitate speaking the truth in its unclothedness, they tag you a misogynist

OP, you all complain that the misogynist attitude of guys in recent calls for urgency but the truth of the matter is that, though I won't deny that fact that guys are quick to rubbish and mouth-thrash ladies, but if you are sensible enough, you would see that for every so called bashing female bashing thread, an atom of truth of at least 70% is contained

most of you on this thread have totally missed my point. I am never against correction when they are constructive. However, when they are not constructive, they become bashing, shaming and cyberbullying.
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Vinshu(f): 12:38am On Oct 07, 2015
smiley grin lipsrsealed

Buhari must see this
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Vinshu(f): 12:41am On Oct 07, 2015
tosyne2much:

When you use sarcastic words or a sort of exaggeration to appraise them, they will so much like you and want you around. But when you are that type that of person like me who doesn't hesitate speaking the truth in its unclothedness, they tag you a misogynist

OP, you all complain that the misogynist attitude of guys in recent calls for urgency but the truth of the matter is that, though I won't deny that fact that guys are quick to rubbish and mouth-thrash ladies, but if you are sensible enough, you would see that for every so called bashing female bashing thread, an atom of truth of at least 70% is contained

The problem ladies are having is that their minds are conditioned to the belief that anybody that's hurt ladies with truth, is actually a misogynist

Few minutes ago, I saw a thread titled "how to keep your joystick clean" and I saw a point where the OP generally referred to all guys wearing their boxers for a week. You wouldn't believe that guys couldn't but accept the fact that they are guilty of it, but if it were to be otherwise, the ladies would start saying thaat comment is to demean their gender

Hmmmm.
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by ronald4lif(m): 12:42am On Oct 07, 2015
netizenbuzz:

and I know your type who think they are supporting women but in truth are only there to make themselves feel better. It is really not about you dude tongue

You're entitle to your thought and I don't give an ounce of fcvk what they might be.
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by yomi007k(m): 12:42am On Oct 07, 2015
Threads are created to learn from.

Some of the thread also bash males
Buh generally I think we're jus trying 2 learn in a fun environment.

We love our NL ladies, I know I do.

Apologies on behalf of the gents kiss
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by tosyne2much(m): 12:51am On Oct 07, 2015
netizenbuzz:

most of you on this thread have totally missed my point. I am never against correction when they are constructive. However, when they are not constructive, they become bashing, shaming and cyberbullying.
there's no point starting what you cannot finish. However, even if you open more of threads like that, it will do nothing to reduce the menace of cyber bully

Let's even face reality, why won't guys bash and ridicule ladies when they all come here to give reasons as to why their financial standing rest on the competence of the guys pocket.. Today you hear them saying, I can't date broke guys, tomorrow they say, they can't date jobless dudes, next tomorrow, they say they can't date a guy whose salary is below 6 digits... I mean these statement triggers enmity, so you don't necessarily have to blame guys

Prof Ronald4lif I throway salute cool

3 Likes

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by tosyne2much(m): 12:53am On Oct 07, 2015
Vinshu:

Hmmmm.
why hmmmmming ? cool
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by porozhniy(m): 1:07am On Oct 07, 2015
next they'll create a thread to ask men to stop objectifying women whilst they're doing a very good job @ objectifying 'emselves.

1 Like

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 07, 2015
tosyne2much:
there's no point starting what you cannot finish. However, even if you open more of threads like that, it will do nothing to reduce the menace of cyber bully

Let's even face reality, why won't guys bash and ridicule ladies when they all come here to give reasons as to why their financial standing rest on the competence of the guys pocket.. Today you hear them saying, I can't date broke guys, tomorrow they say, they can't date jobless dudes, next tomorrow, they say they can't date a guy whose salary is below 6 digits... I mean these statement triggers enmity, so you don't necessarily have to blame guys

I'm sorry but how does that justify female-bashing? I think you are only looking at it from one side of the spectrum. I for one would not date a broke or jobless guys at a particular stage in my life for the sake of his ego and the sake of my peace. If I've got a job, why would I want to date a man who doesn't have one? You won't wish that for me if I'm your sister na. Or maybe what you really mean is dependency on guys. Then that I can understand. My primary reason for not wanting to date/marry a broke guy is because of my kids. That cannot come and suffer na. In fact, I always tell my folks that I won't have kids on till I'm sure I can care for them on my own. As for myself, I can take care of me because I hate feeling indebted to someone else in the first place.
On this issue of dependency, it goes both ways really. For men it is financial, for women it is in other areas of life. Till tomorrow, I still don't understand why my dad would wait for my mum till midnight before he eats. I'm always like, do you want to die of starvation? Is it not basic human instinct to eat when hungry? So that type of dependency is a turn off to me. When I raised it in a seminar not long ago, it was brushed up as not important. But believe me, a lot of ladies think that way. I feel that is why some feel entitled to your finances. It's like give and take. I am of a different opinion but unfortunately my type is lumped up with the rest and breeds of stereotype just like many other things. That's really the point I'm trying to make on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by ronald4lif(m): 1:10am On Oct 07, 2015
tosyne2much:

Prof Ronald 4lif I throway salute cool

Greetings boss. I have zero tolerance for arrogant fellows who never admit to errors. I wasn't bullying nor abusing her, was only blunt.
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Dumkele1: 1:13am On Oct 07, 2015
vizkiz:
I am not with the whole idea of "bashing" women but the truth hurts so much. And these guys creating those "bashing" threads are typing the basic truth!! undecided

Most girls in Nigeria are pathetic and are a very bad image to the good responsible ladies! So you expect us to keep ass licking and praising them right

Nairaland is bigger than you dawg! If you are not ok with the way things are done here, just deactivate your account and buzz off! angry

In as much as nairaland is a public forum, I believe moderators are here to maintain decorum. Saying derogatory words to any gender male or female or any group should be discouraged as much as possible.

1 Like

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by tosyne2much(m): 1:34am On Oct 07, 2015
netizenbuzz:

I'm sorry but how does that justify female-bashing? I think you are only looking at it from one side of the spectrum. I for one would not date a broke or jobless guys at a particular stage in my life for the sake of his ego and the sake of my peace. If I've got a job, why would I want to date a man who doesn't have one? You won't wish that for me if I'm your sister na. Or maybe what you really mean is dependency on guys. Then that I can understand. My primary reason for not wanting to date/marry a broke guy is because of my kids. That cannot come and suffer na. In fact, I always tell my folks that I won't have kids on till I'm sure I can care for them on my own. As for myself, I can take care of me because I hate feeling indebted to someone else in the first place.
On this issue of dependency, it goes both ways really. For men it is financial, for women it is in other areas of life. Till tomorrow, I still don't understand why my dad would wait for my mum till midnight before he eats. I'm always like, do you want to die of starvation? Is it not basic human instinct to eat when hungry? So that type of dependency is a turn off to me. When I raised it in a seminar not long ago, it was brushed up as not important. But believe me, a lot of ladies think that way. I feel that is why some feel entitled to your finances. It's like give and take. I am of a different opinion but unfortunately my type is lumped up with the rest and breeds of stereotype just like many other things. That's really the point I'm trying to make on this thread.
well, I understood every of your words, phrases and sentences

If I'm to summarize what you wrote up there, it means your discretion is never to date a broke or jobless dude,, well, that's good

In as much as every lady is entitled to her own interest or criterion to choosing a man, but do you know that if you post that discretion of yours of being allergic to dating broke and hustling dudes, regardless of the manner in which it was said, I guess you know that it will hurt those who are unable to find jobs, and will however trigger bashing and cyber bully

That being said !

As a guy, it's also my discretion to say that I cannot date a lady who mounts financial pressure on me. But do you know that if I utter this statement in the presence of the ladies, they are most likely to tag me a stingy or an uncaring boyfriend

That being said !

My dear, that is the way it will be and will forever be. Things like this would have been on the decrease if the ladies have shown to us that they are always ready to fight back against all odds rather than opening a thread like this just to tell us their pains on their palm

When guys drop female bashing thread, we expect the ladies to counter it. This sort of competition will not only make the forum lively but also make the ladies have equal chance

My dear, what I'm trying to drive at, is that, no matter how pleasing your comment is, some people are definitely going to pick offense in it and vice versa

Even if Jesus Christ Himself registers on nairaland and posts a comment or creates a thread, some people are still going to mouth-thrash him

And lastly, no amount of war wag on ladies on nairaland will decrease its population. These so called misogynistic threads (according to you), are what keeps some guests stay glued to nairaland, hence, making some of them become registered members cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 07, 2015
Neitzsche
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by naijaboiy: 5:46am On Oct 07, 2015
tosyne2much:
well, I understood every of your words, phrases and sentences

If I'm to summarize what you wrote up there, it means your discretion is never to date a broke or jobless dude,, well, that's good

In as much as every lady is entitled to her own interest or criterion to choosing a man, but do you know that if you post that discretion of yours of being allergic to dating broke and hustling dudes, regardless of the manner in which it was said, I guess you know that it will hurt those who are unable to find jobs, and will however trigger bashing and cyber bully

That being said !

As a guy, it's also my discretion to say that I cannot date a lady who mounts financial pressure on me. But do you know that if I utter this statement in the presence of the ladies, they are most likely to tag me a stingy or uncaring boyfriend

That being said !

My dear, that is the way it will be and will forever be. Things like this would have been on the decrease if the ladies have shown to us that they are always ready to fight back against all odds rather than opening a thread like this just to tell us their pains on their palm

When guys drop female bashing thread, we expect the ladies to counter it. This sort of competition will not only make the forum lively but also make the ladies have equal chance

My dear, what I'm trying to drive at, is that, no matter how pleasing your comment is, some people are definitely going to pick offense in it and vice versa

Even if Jesus christ Himself registers on nairaland and post a comment or create a thread, some people are still going to mouth-thrash him

And lastly, no amount of war wag on ladies on nairaland will decrease its population. These so called misogynistic threads (according to you), is what keeps some guests stay glued to nairaland, hence, making some of them becoming registered members cheesy
Chai!grin

Oga you finish work for here! cheesy

1 million likes cheesycheesy
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Owliver(m): 6:10am On Oct 07, 2015
netizenbuzz:

if a rich guy can date a poor girl which u see as normal then why cant u date a poor guy as an employed lady? equal? you are not ready for equality trust me

1 Like

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by tosyne2much(m): 7:33am On Oct 07, 2015
Neitzsche:

If I call you a dumb fücktard now you'll vex... That's the whole point of a forum, to share ideas contradictions and defend your beliefs: Nairaland is not a politically correct educational site, its a forum. If you don't like it, then go fück yourself with a champagne bottle.
there are subtle ways to communicate your mind rather than roaring

1 Like

Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 07, 2015
Neitzsche
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by tosyne2much(m): 10:51am On Oct 07, 2015
naijaboiy:

Chai!grin

Oga you finish work for here! cheesy

1 million likes cheesycheesy
thanks you jawe my personal person cool
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by tosyne2much(m): 10:52am On Oct 07, 2015
Owliver:
if a rich guy can date a poor girl which u see as normal then why cant u date a poor guy as an employed lady? equal? you are not ready for equality trust me
Hahahaha roflwkmd cheesy
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Vinshu(f): 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
tosyne2much:
why hmmmmming ? cool

I'm short of words
Re: Female Bashing/shaming On Nairaland Is Pathetic. It Needs To Stop! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
Neitzsche:
shut up boy
You are the man. He is a boy! grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Reasons Why Men Like A Woman With Big Butt / Let's See What Your English Name Means On Urban Dictionary / Pre-wedding Pictures Of a nairalander Boma Peterside and Juliet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.