Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge (1435 Views)

Please Help Me Fix My Laptop Software Problem / Please Help With This Excel!!!! / Please Gurus In The House Help Me Fix This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge by samuelson06(m): 2:00am On Oct 07, 2015
I have a Date/Time format in Microsoft Excel which is "YYYY/MM/DD h:mm." I then changed it to "YYYY/MM/DD h:mm:ss" so that I can have the seconds (ss) displayed but when I "Save As" the file in .CSV extension (Comma delimited), the seconds part are being truncated or cut off leaving the format in the aforementioned format (YYYY/MM/DD h:mm). This is where I got stocked. I have been working in a circle with this problem without success. I need help please. Mr. Seun, please help me put it on frontpage. I know there's someone that can help me out here. Thank you.
Re: Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge by Lexusgs430: 3:02am On Oct 07, 2015
Simply download excel for Dummies, and read through.
Re: Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge by pickabeau1: 5:35am On Oct 07, 2015
Put a screenshot or what you see and wait u will like to do

Alternative you can save it as text delimited
Re: Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge by nonxo007(m): 6:49am On Oct 07, 2015
Did you try increasing the space??
Re: Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge by persius555(m): 7:18am On Oct 07, 2015
samuelson06:
I have a Date/Time format in Microsoft Excel which is "YYYY/MM/DD h:mm." I then changed it to "YYYY/MM/DD h:mm:ss" so that I can have the seconds (ss) displayed but when I "Save As" the file in .CSV extension (Comma delimited), the seconds part are being truncated or cut off leaving the format in the aforementioned format (YYYY/MM/DD h:mm). This is where I got stocked. I have been working in a circle with this problem without success. I need help please. Mr. Seun, please help me put it on frontpage. I know there's someone that can help me out here. Thank you.
To save date and time format, right click on the cell after data has been saved as time, click format cells,go to numbers tab first on top, click time, out of the type listed choose 13:30:55 and your data should be saved in preffered format.
Re: Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge by samuelson06(m): 8:04am On Oct 07, 2015
persius555:
To save date and time format, right click on the cell after data has been saved as time, click format cells,go to numbers tab first on top, click time, out of the type listed choose 13:30:55 and your data should be saved in preffered format.

That would only save the time and date wouldn't be displayed. I need the two.
Re: Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge by persius555(m): 8:33am On Oct 07, 2015
samuelson06:

That would only save the time and date wouldn't be displayed. I need the two.
I am not sure excel was programmed to saved the the 'ss' value along with date(check custom field). I suggest you save your date field in seperate cell and time field in another seperate cell.
Re: Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge by samuelson06(m): 10:31am On Oct 07, 2015
persius555:
I am not sure excel was programmed to saved the the 'ss' value along with date(check custom field). I suggest you save your date field in seperate cell and time field in another seperate cell.

Thanks so much but this is not what I want. The two things can actually be made to be in one cell. I know those with some technical knowledge can fix this.
Re: Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge by Contumely: 12:02am On Apr 25, 2016
samuelson06:

pls how can i contact u
Re: Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge by samuelson06(m): 8:27am On Apr 25, 2016
Contumely:

pls how can i contact u

For this problem?
Re: Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge by seedsower(m): 11:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
double click at the topmost column, on the line. (where you have ABC....) place your cursor when it turns to a + click. Good luck!
Re: Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge by kay2dot(m): 8:32am On Apr 27, 2016
samuelson06:

Did you still need solution? I can help
Re: Help Me Fix This Excel Challenge by samuelson06(m): 7:59am On Apr 29, 2016
kay2dot:

Did you still need solution? I can help

No I don't. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

5 Questions About 1.2KVA Mercury Inverter And Batteries! / Backup Software For Gmail Backup - Backup Gmail To Computer / SOLD OUT! Dell Latitude E7250, Core I5 (5th Gen), 128gb (SSD), 4gb Backlit @65k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.