Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode (25113 Views)

Lies Amaechi And Fashola Did Not Sponsor Buhari’s Election Campaign – APC / NO Wonder Lagos Is Down (i’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode) / I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did, Says Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by miteolu(m): 6:26am On Oct 07, 2015
The Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi ‎Ambode, has said that his administration has reduced the cost of governance in the state and saved N3 billion monthly.

Mr. Ambode, who spoke Tuesday at a town hall meeting in Abesan, in Lagos West Senatorial District, said N12 billion had been saved in the first four months of his government.

‎”This has provided us with more funds to inject into capital projects and the initial funds to establish the Employment Trust Fund which we promised our youths,” Mr. Ambode said.

“Today, a major landmark of our administration is the reduction in the cost of governance. We want a lean government with quality service delivery.”
It was the first edition of a quarterly town hall meeting Mr. Ambode was holding since he was sworn in on May 29th as the third governor of Lagos State since 1999.

The governor said that reducing the cost of governance was achieved through the re-alignment of the state’s Ministries, Departments and Agencies, MDAs and restructuring of government.
He also reiterated his determination to be accountable for every revenue and expenditure of the state.

“‎Lagos State Government is proud to declare that it has consistently met its obligations, especially prompt payment of workers’ salaries without seeking any bailout from the Federal Government,” he said.

Mr.‎ Ambode said his administration was poised to stabilize Lagos State’s finances through financial re-engineering and reviewing the state’s expenditure and revenue framework.

In August, the governor stated, N11 billion was released for the payment of pension arrears since 2010 and, in the succeeding months, bond certificates of the Contributory Pension Scheme had been presented to pensioners.

‎In addition, the state government had approved the appointment of four additional Pension Fund Administrators to further boost the processes and accord staff a wider range of options, according to Mr. Ambode.

“We are presently reviewing our loans with our bankers with a view to restructuring them in order to free up funds for further infrastructural development,” he said.

In the health sector, Mr. Ambode said that his government had provided‎ additional 20 Mobile Intensive Care Unit ambulances – bringing the total number of the ambulances to 36 – at a cost of N145.240 million deployed in all the state’s ambulance points.

“We have also provided additional 26 Transport Ambulances at the cost of N257.4 million deployed across all our General Hospitals,” said Mr. Ambode.
“We have created Ambulance Points across the States for easy access to our people. The ambulance service can be reached by calling the Toll-Free Line 112.

“Our administration in the last three months has installed 22 power generating sets ranging from 350 –500 KVA as additional back-up sets across all our General Hospitals at the cost of N270 million to ensure 24-hour power supply.

“In addition, 26 Mobile X-Ray machines, costing N519.656 million are being installed at all our general hospitals across the State. Similarly, we have granted approval for the recruitment of more paramedic staff and special medical coordinators to ensure 24 hours service in our health facilities.”
‎The governor further promised that the Ayinke House Project, the abandoned maternity complex near the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, had been re-awarded to a contractor and would be completed within 6 months.

On the proposed Lagos Medical Park, Mr. Ambode said that expressions of interest had been received.
“We will enter the phase of the project soon and at the end of this, Lagos State will become a key destination for Medical Tourism,” he said.

“All these have been painstakingly done to create better access to health services for all Lagosians.”
Mr. Ambode said that he had laid down the foundation for the programmes of his administration.

“You cannot run a 4-year marathon at top speed from the onset. Like any other well-bred Chief Executive Officer, CEO, I have put in place all the ingredients needed to run a successful race,” he said.

“We will continue to woo investors to Lagos. We are assisting businesses and creating a conducive environment for these investors to start business and employ our people. Our administration is committed to serve and render good governance.
‎”However, we need your support and cooperation to enable us deliver on our lofty programmes. I want to assure you that our programmes are well thought out and carefully designed to make life easier and better for all our citizens.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/191106-im-running-lagos-n3bn-less-than-fashola-did-ambode.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by fogechi: 6:27am On Oct 07, 2015
Are u sure

13 Likes

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Emmafrancis: 6:28am On Oct 07, 2015
Ok na
Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Legitbaba(m): 6:28am On Oct 07, 2015
In D.Prince' voice.... Kwuality Bobo

1 Like

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Sunexy(m): 6:30am On Oct 07, 2015
undecided

How will dat help Mourihno...Sidon jare

2 Likes

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Jadonaldson(m): 6:32am On Oct 07, 2015
Park well ogbeni...... how does it now affect d price of condom undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by fashoo2010(m): 6:33am On Oct 07, 2015
It is not abt how much u're running governance with, its abt d effectiveness of it on d masses. I hope u surpass Fashola feat in lagos which I doubt

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Bambless1(m): 6:35am On Oct 07, 2015
Ok, Any Other Thing? undecided

1 Like

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by temitemi1(m): 6:36am On Oct 07, 2015
Hehehehehehe...
Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by McCarlito(m): 6:39am On Oct 07, 2015
I aint surprised; Rubbishing their predecessors is a norm in Nigerian Politics cool cool cool cool cool

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Burger01(m): 6:42am On Oct 07, 2015
Lagos State is a made State.

Eko o ni baje... O baje tosmiley

7 Likes

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Burger01(m): 6:43am On Oct 07, 2015
McCarlito:
I aint surprised; Rubbishing their predecessors is a norm in Nigerian Politics cool cool cool cool cool
Don't mind themsmiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Ini22(f): 6:44am On Oct 07, 2015
undecided
Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 07, 2015
Its good to see the governor focus on the outskirts and other parts of lagos. Enough with highbrow concentration. Carry on Ambo

7 Likes

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by sammyj: 6:46am On Oct 07, 2015
With little or nothing to show for it.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by buzquet(m): 6:46am On Oct 07, 2015
I think Ambode has the opportunity to sav that money due to Tinubu not around, But if u can continue like this, God will bless u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by eleko1: 6:46am On Oct 07, 2015
Weldone Gov Ambode,May GOd strengthen U.U'll not fall/fail. We re talking about good government,a mo-ron kid up here is talking bout price of condom undecided Ur case is pathetic

3 Likes

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Firefire(m): 6:50am On Oct 07, 2015
Oh... I see. I fear you will have issues to settle with your godfather soon...

2 Likes

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by akpumping7720(m): 6:50am On Oct 07, 2015
Successors should learn to talk less of their predecessors regime!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by MrZachs(m): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2015
Gud one baba
Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Beremx(f): 6:55am On Oct 07, 2015
Ambode is a liar! I don't think he has realized that elections
are over and he has been sworn in. The dude is still flexing
and posing as Nigeria's next top male model.

Fashola is still the governor of Lagos in my heart. His
legacies will forever be remembered.

Ambode,o ti bo rara! You're jonzing!

43 Likes

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by PetroPlays: 6:59am On Oct 07, 2015
Introduction to Exploration and Production Business from 26th – 30th October, 2015 Training in DUBAI, UAE.
Payment Deadline: 12th October, 2015.
Registration Fee: Three Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira (N350, 000)
Packages includes: Flight ticket, Visa Fee, Accommodation for 7 nights, Softwares, Training Data, Training Manual, Training Materials, Videos, Class Exercises, and Certificates, Sites seeing after lectures..
Open to all Geologists, Environmentalist, Surveyors, Demographer, Health Officers, Marketers, Law Enforcement Officers, Planner & Meteorologists (Applicable nearly in all fields) and anyone interested in the Oil and Gas Business.

Discounts available. Payment is Ongoing, Seats are Limited.... Develop yourself and Be Productive. Send a mail to training@petroplays.com or call 08169202093 for more details on how to register. Pass along to your friends and colleagues.

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Firefire(m): 7:01am On Oct 07, 2015
Beremx:

cheesy

Good morning...
Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 07, 2015
Beremx:
Ambode is a liar! I don't think he has realized that elections are over and he has been sworn in. The dude is still flexing and posing as Nigeria's next top male model. Fashola is still the governor of Lagos in my heart. His legacies will forever be remembered. Ambode,o ti bo rara! You're jonzing!
He is working in ikotun, ipaja, ayobo and epe
Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by lurther: 7:10am On Oct 07, 2015
When you guys are destroying markets that give lagos all it billions in tax revenue you did not know this are the consequences?

Don't worry 3billion naira is just small for now, very soon you will start collecting 100million naira in revenue.

You guys think you were trying to punish a tribe by destroying their markets? You lots will later prostrate and beg them to come rescue your state economy.

Meanwhile...... my condolences on your state revenue Losses.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by MisterLongman(m): 7:13am On Oct 07, 2015
Beremx:

Ambo ti de ooo (Ambo don finally cum).......

You never chi chum chin
Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 07, 2015
why not use the 3 billion to cover up open gutters state wide and renovate roads? I don't see anything except for Victoria island ..shomolu, egbeda, makoko is eyesore.. and some people are praising these people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by McCarlito(m): 7:20am On Oct 07, 2015
Burger01:
Don't mind themsmiley
My brother.... The last time I almost mind them was during the elections when I saw a PDP councillor aspirant in onigbongbo ward 1 personally pasting his campaign posters grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Pangea: 7:21am On Oct 07, 2015
angry
Lazy man!
Since fashola left, Lagos has gone into suspended animation!
All noise and no movement !
The feeling of good governance has almost disappeared!
The money that was meant for roads and other physical infrastructure, you are saving to steal later?

13 Likes

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by mployer(m): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2015
So Tinubu is making N3b monthly? undecided

2 Likes

Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Dannyset(m): 7:31am On Oct 07, 2015
Governor Ambode should not forget in a rush how he carried the youths along during his campaign. He should remember how Team A+ got all the youths involved. Now the time has come to pay them for their contribution towards his victory by giving them jobs(govt shld knw hw 2 create that), business fund, loans. Unless he's doing this to some few secretly which will eventually back fire.
I know he means we'll for Lagosians, but he should let it cut across.
Re: I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode by Beremx(f): 7:40am On Oct 07, 2015
IyaIode:

He is working in ikotun, ipaja, ayobo and epe
he is not doing anything in those areas. Fashola's legacies are still evident in those areas you mentioned.

I thought he said he has re-awarded contract for the rehabilitation of Ejigbo axis of Ikotun-Ejigbo road,why the delay in the take off of the contract?

Ambode is still jonzing! He's still living in Fashola's glory. He's not serious with governance.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Warns Charly Boy, Protesters: "Leave Buhari Alone Immediately" / President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) / Secondus Says PDP Rejects Shift In Election Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.