Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? (1991 Views)

5,000 Soldiers Involved In Fight Against Boko Haram Get Promotion / 5,000 Soldiers Involved In Fight Against Boko Haram Get Promotion / 5,000 Soldiers Involved In Fight Against Boko Haram Get Promotion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by copiescopy(m): 6:46am On Oct 07, 2015
Its no longer news that these two terror groups always display showmanship with these brand of Trucks anytime they want to show off. The Big question the US is asking is how do they make purchases of such trucks in their numbers . Suprises me why they don rely on the use Camels and Horses .

US Officials Ask How ISIS Got So Many Toyota Trucks

US Counter-terror officials have asked Toyota, the world’s second largest auto maker, to help them determine how ISIS has managed to acquire the large number of Toyota pick-up trucks and SUVs seen prominently in the terror group’s propaganda videos in Iraq, Syria and Libya, ABC News has learned.

Toyota says it does not know how ISIS obtained the vehicles and is “supporting” the inquiry led by the Terror Financing unit of the Treasury Department -- part of a broad U.S. effort to prevent Western-made goods from ending up in the hands of the terror group. Toyota Hilux pickups have become fixtures in videos of the ISIS campaign loaded with heavy weapons and cabs jammed with terrorists.

“This is a question we’ve been asking our neighbors,” Faily said. “How could these brand new trucks... these four wheel drives, hundreds of them -- where are they coming from?”

SOURCE
ABC News' Randy Kreider and Mazin Faiq contributed to this report.

1 Like

Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by tolustx(m): 6:47am On Oct 07, 2015
It is people in govt that sponsor them and they have connections that can purchase those automobiles without any trace of who exactly bought them. Talk of all their armoured personnel vehicles. Should they be tracked down with those purchases? They've been wiped off the books.
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by Cutehector(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2015
Frm d sky
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 07, 2015
Through raffle draws.... mtcheww.
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 07, 2015
contract is contract
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by respect80(m): 6:49am On Oct 07, 2015
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by seunlayi(m): 6:51am On Oct 07, 2015
I think those companies should be probed

2 Likes

Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by otukpo(f): 6:53am On Oct 07, 2015
They have sponsors.
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by PetroPlays: 6:58am On Oct 07, 2015
Introduction to Exploration and Production Business from 26th – 30th October, 2015 Training in DUBAI, UAE.
Payment Deadline: 12th October, 2015.
Registration Fee: Three Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira (N350, 000)
Packages includes: Flight ticket, Visa Fee, Accommodation for 7 nights, Softwares, Training Data, Training Manual, Training Materials, Videos, Class Exercises, and Certificates, Sites seeing after lectures..
Open to all Geologists, Environmentalist, Surveyors, Demographer, Health Officers, Marketers, Law Enforcement Officers, Planner & Meteorologists (Applicable nearly in all fields) and anyone interested in the Oil and Gas Business.

Discounts available. Payment is Ongoing, Seats are Limited.... Develop yourself and Be Productive. Send a mail to training@petroplays.com or call 08169202093 for more details on how to register. Pass along to your friends and colleagues.

Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by MisterLongman(m): 7:02am On Oct 07, 2015
They definitely have fronts that are purchasing the vehicles on their behalf
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by slap1(m): 7:10am On Oct 07, 2015
This is a sensible question. Maybe the chassis number of some of the cars should be taken to Toyota for investigations. One can't possibly steal that much number of cars. And they're brand new.

1 Like

Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 07, 2015
Toyota Syria, Iran should be investigated. Then the Security agencies should interrogate Elizade.

Infact a ban should be placed on Toyota while Innoson should be adopted!!!
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by Canme4u(m): 7:17am On Oct 07, 2015
How are they getting US dollars to purchase this items? I tot America should know, according to GEJ.
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by Magician1503(m): 7:21am On Oct 07, 2015
IjogzK:
Toyota Syria, Iran should be investigated. Then the Security agencies should interrogate Elizade.

Are you serious?! cheesy

Say walahi grin

1 Like

Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by ejihand1(m): 7:21am On Oct 07, 2015
people/companies gain from this war of terror. You think bokoharam war is on for over 3 years for nothing? Think again.
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by Orjioorji(f): 7:28am On Oct 07, 2015
That is the reason I said Nigerian armies are fools they will just GI and arrest a poor MAN with 1million and says he sponsored boko haram , how much do he have, they should check the extremely rich such as politicians and business tycoon's, DISCLAIMER: I did not mention names ooo so if you do you are on your own.
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by cmart09(m): 7:28am On Oct 07, 2015
They know how it came about, but they won't say a thing, cos they benefit from the violence and terror.
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by loomer: 7:30am On Oct 07, 2015
America America
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2015
seunlayi:
I think those companies should be probed
For selling their products? Cars are not bombs.
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by zuchyblink(m): 7:45am On Oct 07, 2015
Imagine if Nigerian government see IVM in Boko Haram's den.
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by slap1(m): 7:50am On Oct 07, 2015
zuchyblink:
Imagine if Nigerian government see IVM in Boko Haram's den.
Daddy Bubu would just close down the company and people will say Boko Haram is sponsored by the Igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by Chibaba247(m): 7:56am On Oct 07, 2015
IjogzK:

I support ur opinion
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by zuchyblink(m): 8:59am On Oct 07, 2015
slap1:

Daddy Bubu would just close down the company and people will say Boko Haram is sponsored by the Igbo.
That is the level of senselessness in Zoogeria
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by Chimarto: 9:13am On Oct 07, 2015
Am suspecting Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar.
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by DaBullIT(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2015
I have asked this question since 2014 Dec

Those Hilux are all tear nylons fitted with full ac and everything else

I asked and I got no response

I went further to emphasize on how convoys of cars pass through roads in broad daylight and nobody can say precisely where they pass through or where those cars are parked?

Which is why I concluded that Boko Haram members are being protected by the northerners

But a few days ago, I got a response
Re: How And Where Do ISIS And Boko Haram Get Their So Many Toyota Truck Brands ? by prelinctus: 10:54am On Oct 07, 2015
^^^^
And what was the response?

(1) (Reply)

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO ASK NNAMDI KANU TO STOP...."Prince Emmanuel Kanu,. / Can't Believe I Just Bought Fuel For N110 / Buhari's Currency Swap Deal With China''positive Impact On Phone Imports''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.