Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) (22132 Views)

How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders / How A Service Chief Greeted Osinbajo Today At African Union Peace Event (Pics) / Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by eherbal(m): 9:45am On Oct 07, 2015
She Knelt and Bowed. Recognition Of Supremacy. cool

2 Likes

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by Badgers14: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2015
That's the way it should be, i so much like Ethiopia, the only never colonized country in Africa... cool

Funny how the other guy on suit looks like he was making sure she was doing it right... grin and his wife sitting like hey..come over here when you're done... grin

Ahmadu Bello was licking her toes in a previous thread...smh... Inferiority complex.. sad

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by temitemi1(m): 9:50am On Oct 07, 2015
Supremacy!

1 Like

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 07, 2015
ru
Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by robosky02(m): 9:52am On Oct 07, 2015
good

not the others from our side of the sahara
Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by seunmsg(m): 9:52am On Oct 07, 2015
Source?
Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by tope3x(m): 9:53am On Oct 07, 2015
Looks like a photoshop cos I can't see the man's leg

5 Likes

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by robosky02(m): 10:06am On Oct 07, 2015
seunmsg:
Source?

you mean salt and pepper?
oya op
Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by Tallesty1(m): 11:03am On Oct 07, 2015
Cool.......
Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by topsyking: 11:14am On Oct 07, 2015
woow; am impressed; not like dat aboki prostrating for a girl old old enough to be is daugter; u cant see awo or zik go that low to greet the queen;

1 Like

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by Ugomba(m): 11:18am On Oct 07, 2015
Ethiopia has a great history.

1 Like

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by IGBOSON1: 11:20am On Oct 07, 2015
I'm having some doubt about the authenticity of this pic!......Is that really Queen Elizabeth? undecided

I do know when she meets fellow Monarchs they greet with a shared formal kiss on the cheek!

2 Likes

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 07, 2015
So what's the big deal? We all know that Black rules the entire Universe. grin

Even the Cosmic Melanin is Black! grin

1 Like

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by Elruhamah: 11:24am On Oct 07, 2015
IGBOSON1:
I'm having some doubt about the authenticity of this pic!......Is that really Queen Elizabeth? undecided

I do know when she meets fellow Monarchs they greet with a shared formal kiss on the cheek!
Abi !!! She's a Queen and part of her training and upbringing is that she never bows to another person
Besides the face of the lady in question isn't even showing properly like you said.

1 Like

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by softvio(m): 11:30am On Oct 07, 2015
Some call him "the king of kings" i call him the greatest african leader before the likes of Kwame Nkrumah and Nelson Mandela... The 225th emperor of Ethiopia.. A descedant of solomon..a mentor to the great Bob Marley....i lov you

2 Likes

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:36am On Oct 07, 2015
Elruhamah:

Abi !!! She's a Queen and part of her training and upbringing is that she never bows to another person
Besides the face of the lady in question isn't even showing properly like you said.
Haile Selassie was not only a king, but regarded by rastaferians as the messenger of Jah just as christians regard Jesus Christ as the messenger of God.

FYI, Ethiopia and, to some extent, Liberia, are the only countries in Africa not colonized. The attempt of Italy to colonize Ethiopia was resisted in the Battle of Adowa in the 19th century. Another attempt in the 1930's was resisted.

3 Likes

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by DeLaRue: 11:41am On Oct 07, 2015
That's not Queen of England.

That's the wife of the Ambassador to Ethiopia.

The Queen of England, even in her youth never had a square jaw, like the woman in the picture.

2 Likes

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by oloyesaso(m): 12:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
The Queen Greets Haile Selassie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMzTqsbWiQ8

1 Like

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by Rixy007(m): 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
Supremacy on display not one dick head president that chose to drive Messi a by himself round town instead of a hired driver

2 Likes

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by LeOstrich: 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2015
That is not the queen of England.

2 Likes

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by Symphony007: 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2015
Rubbish post! Since she became queen in 1952, elizabeth ii has never bow down to anybody and never will.

1 Like

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by Omololu007(m): 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
That is not the queen of England
Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
I'm kinda confused,is Haile Selasie floating on air or where are his legs?

1 Like

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 1:10pm On Oct 07, 2015
topsyking:
woow; am impressed; not like dat aboki prostrating for a girl old old enough to be is daugter; u cant see awo or zik go that low to greet the queen;
Awolowo and Zik were educated and exposed na

1 Like

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by 7lives: 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
Symphony007:
Rubbish post! Since she became queen in 1952, elizabeth ii has never bow down to anybody and never will.

Don't let Edo people hear this, my father spoke about how this queen was even afraid to look Oba Akenzua in eyes not to talk of shaking hands with him grin grin grin na typical oyinbo bending kind of greeting the woman take greet the Oba o no shaking of hands.
Those were the days of Ooni Adesoji Aderemi, Alafin Bello Ladigbolu, Sultan Abubakar Sadik the third, i don't think Nigeria can ever have such powerful monarchs, never again.

3 Likes

Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by angelTI(f): 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
In contrast to the other thread on FP undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by stevecantrell: 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
You know, Selassie is the real tribe o f Judah.

While QE2 is just usurping that position.

Fake pic or not.
Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by Elruhamah: 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Haile Selassie was not only a king, but regarded by rastaferians as the messenger of Jah just as christians regard Jesus Christ as the messenger of God.

FYI, Ethiopia and, to some extent, Liberia, are the only countries in Africa not colonized. The attempt of Italy to colonize Ethiopia was resisted in the Battle of Adowa in the 19th century. Another attempt in the 1930's was resisted.
Agreed. But note that she's the head of the Anglican Church. Would the Pope bow to Ayatollah Khameini for example just because he's the de facto head of Shia Muslims?
Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by Elruhamah: 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
[quote author=DeLaRue post=38748614]
That's not Queen of England.

That's the wife of the Ambassador to Ethiopia.

The Queen of England, even in her youth never had a square jaw, like the woman in the picture/quote]

A beg help me tell them. The Queen never even goes out without a hat and the bowing lady is bareheaded.

Besides the YouTube video shows the Queen wasn't wearing a fur coat , for crying out loud!!
Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by bloodkiIler: 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
I can bet that that's not the Queen because even my Obi of Onitsha bows to no man even if you're the king of the world he's regarded as a god.
Re: See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
Fake pics

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crude Oil Hits $50 Per Barrel. Nigeria not Benefitting / Ochereome Nnanna Vows Not To Resign As Vanguard Editorial Board Over Bigotry / Attacks Not Xenophobic, 89 Nigerians Killed Since 2017 - South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.