Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Think Again Before You Buy Suya - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Think Again Before You Buy Suya (1192 Views)

'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos / Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets / Best Suya Spots In Lagos- The Vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Think Again Before You Buy Suya by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 07, 2015
on my second visit to abattoir Agege, during negotiations, one of the butchers said he would sell a particular more mature foetus to me if i could offer a better price.

I buy them to feed my dog, when cooked with curry and dried thyme, it smells really nice like regular meat except that it is not regular meat.
It is veal meat that MAY be filled with growth enzyme, DNA definitions and hormones to help the young cow grow.

this particular fetus was big, mature and has hairs on it's skin like it would be delivered in a week or two if the cow had not been killed

so this guy said he actually reserved it for a mallam who uses it for suya. shocked
i think it may be unhealthy to consume such meat.

I later got it for 3,000 naira and trust me, it filled up the large cement bag.
if it were to be normal meat, it could be worth 15,000 naira

This seem like an attractive profit maximizing avenue for any aboki so i will recommend that if the idea of eating fetus sounds bizarre to you
please stay off suya meat, if you dont eat it, you wont die.

you are better off buying the meat and grilling it at home.

1 Like

Re: Think Again Before You Buy Suya by laurel03(m): 11:05am On Oct 07, 2015
Shai....ko ni da fun awon mai suya... Their was one mai suya in PH dt normally kill vulture to make Suya one time like dt...

1 Like

Re: Think Again Before You Buy Suya by Pronmix(m): 10:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
But people eat veal na so what's the big deal.
Re: Think Again Before You Buy Suya by missKiffy(f): 7:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
I stopped buying suya when I read that 90% of the suya meat we buy in Lagos is camel meat

(1) (Reply)

(pic) A Strange Bird Dies In My Cooking Pot / Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? / First Time Washing Beans For Moi Moi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.