Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:08 PM

Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom (38122 Views)

Vincent Enyeama And Wife, Promise, Celebrate 12th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Vincent Enyeama And His Wife, Promise Loved Up In New Photos / Vincent Enyeama And Wife In New Lovely Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by safarigirl(f): 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
First off, I want all Nigerians to forget about qualifying for AFCON 2017, it won't happen with this rift.

Oliseh was wrong on all counts in this rift. The last player you should ever attack is the pillar of the team, the head capo, ask Didier Deschamps what Anelka did to him. Why pick on Enyeama? Enyeama has loyalists in that team that can and will rebel against Oliseh until he loses that job and they prove he was never meant to be a coach. Oliseh is displaying an arrogance he hasn't earned considering he's won nothing of note as SE coach.

And making Musa captain? Who will take orders from Musa? Is it Mikel, Emenike or the ousted Enyeama? Does Musa look like a leader? Apart from his scrawny nature, how old is he? Someone who can't even speak up when he's wronged, how will he speak on behalf of his team mates?

The only place Oliseh's myopic decisions will take he and that team is down. I just want him out ASAP cuz he's apparently not The Chosen One to bring sanity to our football.

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by jaymejate: 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
Musa the captain? It's not going to be possible at all.
I don't even like that guy

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Ewizard(m): 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
Does Nigeria even hav senior national team??

Cuz d last tym i checked.. dey only had youths(U15-17) and falcons..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by omolami: 12:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
Oliseh is not a coach nor an administrator. how did he get the job?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
Are Enyeama's loyalists the only set of players Nigeria can offer?

I am not in support of how Oliseh treated Enyeama, but to paint Enyeama as the messiah of Nigerian football is very absurd. Enyeama hasnt played the last two matches and Nigeria didn't lose!

If Mikel and Emenike don't like the idea of Musa being captain, they can quit the team. The world can always do without the best. I believe Oliseh knows this by his own experience!.

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by titosantana(m): 12:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
This OP is funny! Is size one of the characteristics of a leadership?

25 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by safarigirl(f): 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
titosantana:
This OP is funny! Is size one of the characteristics of a leadership?
oya tell me, what characteristict does Ahmed Musa have as a leader? Is he vocal? Is he assertive? Has Ahmed Musa EVER challenged any refree's decision? Guy, no be the pesin wey sabi book pass dey win SUG President, forget playing time, Ahmed Musa is NOT a leader, he's weak

54 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
I felt I should add this:

Contrary to insinuations, fresh facts have emerged on the row between Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh and Goalie, Vincent Enyeama.

Quoting a source within the team’s camp in Belgium, Completesportsnigeria.com reports that the clash started when, while holding a meeting with the players after their evening training session which Enyeama attended but did not participate in, Oliseh mentioned Ahmed Musa as the team captain.

Enyeama was said to have rudely interrupted the coach’s speech at this point, the Lille keeper insisting that he was the captain, not Musa.

This interruption apparently riled Oliseh, who ordered Enyeama to let him (Oliseh) address his players in peace. But Enyeama continued talking, raising his voice at the coach.

When Oliseh could not take it anymore, he ordered that Enyeama leave the venue of the meeting as he felt the keeper was undermining his (Oliseh’s) authority. When Enyeama refused to leave, Oliseh asked for the goalkeeper to be forcibly removed from the Verviers Hotel camp by security men.

This is contrary to earlier reports that the battle started because Oliseh shouted down Enyeama while the Lille keeper was trying to explain his late arrival in camp.

“Enyeama was rude to Oliseh, no doubt. Oliseh has so many issues to deal with, especially the inability of six home-based players to get visas to join the squad, and the possibility of Godfrey Oboabona missing the match, and he doesn’t need this additional distraction ” a top official told Completesportsnigeria.com, before corroborating the first source’s narration of events..

“The embarrassment he got from Enyeama in the presence of the other players was uncalled for and disappointing.

“Oliseh just announced that Ahmed Musa remains his captain and Enyeama flared up. He was told his response wasn’t needed by the coach but Enyeama was angered and would not back down.

“Oliseh wasn’t given the respect he deserved. He (Oliseh) is not a saint and might not be completely blameless, but Enyeama should respect the coach; he is the boss,” the source added.

Completesportsnigeria.com source said that Oliseh had no issue with Enyeama arriving in camp on Tuesday instead of Monday, since the coach was aware that the keeper was recently bereaved and buried his late mum over the weekend.

To avert trouble, five senior players in the squad: Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Ahmed Musa, Elderson Echiejile and Emmanuel Emenike, waded in and all went to Oliseh’s room to plead on behalf of Enyeama.

Also there were telephone calls from the Nigerian Football Federation President Amaju Pinnick and even some big Nigerian politicians to have the matter resolved.

There were also hints from the team’s camp that Oliseh was not happy that Enyeama arrived early enough to train with the team on Tuesday, only to spend the entire time chatting with team secretary Dayo Enebi, asking questions about the new players in the squad, while Carl Ikeme was the only other goalkeeper in camp and the team would need two for a full session.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
safarigirl:
oya tell me, what characteristict does Ahmed Musa have as a leader? Is he vocal? Is he assertive? Has Ahmed Musa EVER challenged any refree's decision? Guy, no be the pesin wey sabi book pass dey win SUG President, forget playing time, Ahmed Musa is NOT a leader, he's weak

It seems you know Ahmed Musa more than his coach. Does challenging the ref amounts to being a Good leader or is it the ability to control ones self and maintain proper decorum and lead by example?. Going by ur assertion, Diego Costa would make a good captain for Chelsea!

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by safarigirl(f): 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
vfactor:

I am not in support of how Oliseh treated Enyeama, but to paint Enyeama as the messiah of Nigerian football is very absurd. Enyeama hasnt played the last two matches and Nigeria didn't lose!

If Mikel and Emenike don't like the idea of Musa being captain, they can quit the team. The world can always do without the best. I believe Oliseh knows this by his own experience!.
shame no dey catch you, you drew common Tanzania and won Niger in a friendly and those are the 'matches' you brag about as if you drew Brazil and won Belgium. And you want to send this ragtag bunch of mediocres led by a mute to play Egypt next year? You don't even have a team that can beat Jamaica. I've told you all, you won't qualify for 2017 AFCON, just prepare your minds. It took France over 2 years and a new coach to re-build a team after the 2010 WC fall out. Oliseh is as good as gone with this team, I await the next coach and 2018 WC

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
Oliseh is depicting obvious reasons why I should lose my respect and deference for Him.
You just got appointed as a manager to the team and the next move is to make a despicable and judicable impact to the team with a motive of forstering discordance amongst the players by retracting Enyeama's skipperhood. it is highly impertinent of you Oliseh to execute such vituperative act.

A player who has shown an absolute fidelity over the years to the team. He has proven to be resilient in the midst of tribulation. is this how you repay him?
This preposterous treatment is highly minacious of you Oliseh against someone that deserves a solace.

Even if Enyeama had a defect, I still opine that this action of retribution is not worth it.

With this act, Failure to qualify Nigeria for Afcon might yeild an ominous career results for you Oliseh.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by safarigirl(f): 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
vfactor:

It seems you know Ahmed Musa more his coach. Does challenging the ref amounts to being a Good leader or is it the ability to control ones self and maintain proper decorum and lead by example?. Going by ur assertion, Diego Costa would make a good captain for Chelsea!
so Sunday knows Musa abi? You people know nothing of psychology, if you did, you wouldn't make such ignorant comments. You're confusing being assertive for arrogance, learn the difference. Musa isn't a leader, he doesn't have characteristics of one. If you spend more time broadening your knowledge, you wouldn't have to spend a moment with someone to read him

12 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
safarigirl:
shame no dey catch you, you drew common Tanzania and won Niger in a friendly and those are the 'matches' you brag about as if you drew Brazil and won Belgium. And you want to send this ragtag bunch of mediocres led by a mute to play Egypt next year? You don't even have a team that can beat Jamaica. I've told you all, you won't qualify for 2017 AFCON, just prepare your minds. It took France over 2 years and a new coach to re-build a team after the 2010 WC fall out. Oliseh is as good as gone with this team, I await the next coach and 2018 WC

Hehehe.... You follow for people wey dey decieve themselves. Enyeama was in goal when Nigeria played people like Spain and Uruguay and your Messiah didnt save them. For your mind you feel say Nigeria na super power. No be same Enyeama dey post when we no qualify for the last Afcon? No be still small teams knack us commot!

Just talk say u no like Oliseh. Even so, relax and watch him fail!

33 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2015
safarigirl:
so Sunday knows Musa abi? You people know nothing of psychology, if you did, you wouldn't make such ignorant comments. You're confusing being assertive for arrogance, learn the difference. Musa isn't a leader, he doesn't have characteristics of one. If you spend more time broadening your knowledge, you wouldn't have to spend a moment with someone to read him

Really? Madam psychologist! I can imagine how you re reading me now!

8 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by safarigirl(f): 12:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
vfactor:

Really? Madam psychologist! I can imagine how you re reading me now!
there is no polite way to say how I'm reading you. Once again, forget AFCON 2017
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Goke7: 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
vfactor:

My guy, the number of caps Enyeama has for Nigeria, Oliseh sef no get, as far as Nigeria is concerned, Enyeama is a General in our football and do you know how Generals in the Nigerian army are celebrated when they retire even if they are the devil themselves? that is the way players like Enyeama should be celebrated. But in Nigerian football we treat them like houseboys and later our nff President will travel all over Europe looking for Nigerian players born and bred abroad to play for Nigeria. This is one of the major reasons they turn us down and play for the country where they were born instead.

Oliseh lacks the experience to handle a national team as he has never handled any before, this is what is playing out here.

35 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
Goke7:

My guy, the number of caps Enyeama has for Nigeria, Oliseh sef no get, as far as Nigeria is concerned, Enyeama is a General in our football and do you know how Generals in the Nigerian army are celebrated when they retire even if they are the devil themselves? that is the way players like Enyeama should be celebrated. But in Nigerian football we treat them like houseboys and later our nff President will travel all over Europe looking for Nigerian players born and bred abroad to play for Nigeria. This is one of the major reasons they turn us down and play for the country where they were born instead.

Oliseh lacks the experience to handle a national team as he has never handled any before, this is what is playing out here.

I understand your point! Enyeama should be treated with respect. But hear the other side of the story to draw conclusions! That one is a General doesn't mean he will given a general's honour if he plans an unsuccessful coup d'etat.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Goke7: 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
vfactor:

I understand your point! Enyeama should be treated with respect. But hear the other side of the story to draw conclusions! That one is a General doesn't mean he will given a general's honour if he plans an unsuccessful coup d'etat.

and has Enyeama planned any coup? or did he tell Oliseh that he was not qualified to coach him? what other side are you expecting to hear from unless you want to hear lies from the media as usual. From the nff offcial twitter handle, we were told that there was a rift in the camp between the two parties and that it has been settled while Enyeama remains in camp after he was kicked out by Oliseh. What this infers it that Oliseh wanted to be a boss instead of a leader and nff had to wade in to help an inexperienced coach who has never coached any national team before. The so called Pep Guardiola of Africa.

16 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
There seem to be about 3 different variables to the "story" of what actually took place.

But One thing is certain. OLISEH DID NOT APPLY WISDOM AS REGARDS THE APPOINTMENT OF A NEW CAPTAIN.

He was too much in a hurry to announce Musa captain but he forgot some of the laws of power.

Before that "unwise announcement" Enyeama was "substantive" captain. The report from Vfactor does not include the fact that there was 'actually' some kind of 'election' before Enyeama hit camp and Musa was elected ahead of Mikel. How that happened still beats me.

Oliseh would have "waited" till he had a "tete-a-tete" with Enyeama. He should have given Enyeama that "respect". ENYEAMA WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO FIND OUT IN PUBLIC......... THAT WAS ENOUGH HUMILIATION. THAT WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oliseh should have called Enyeama into his room, sat him down, asked how the burial went, say he's really sorry about his loss, and then go on to gradually "break the news" of his plan to make Musa captain and tell him why. He could even ask Enyeama to please express his thoughts and they would be having a long conversation with Oliseh chipping in how much he appreciates Enyeama's achievements and "unquestionable" loyalty (COME ON!!!!! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A GK WHO WON THE AFCON AS "SKIPPER" BUT ALLOWED THE "ACTUAL" SKIPPER, YOBO LIFT THE CUP...... WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE?). Oliseh would assure him he still remains "Nigeria's no.1" but must have the future in mind.

BUT DID OLISEH DO ALL THESE?? NO WAY!!!! HE JUST HAD TO RUSH IT AND LIKE SAFARIGIRL SAYS, "THE TEAM MIGHT HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE BY MISSING THE AFCON, AND WAITING FOR RUSSIA 2018......."

I like Oliseh just as I liked Keshi despite all the flaws BUT LET TRUTH BE TOLD........ OLISEH MESSED UP BIG TIME!!!!!!!

On whether Musa makes a good captain, I'll say making him captain is "NOT REALLY MY PROBLEM". My problem is the "Followership", "The cabal".

Safarigirl has a point, you need someone assertive and influential.

But Vfactor also has a point, "size determines not leadership".

BUT TO PUT YOUR POINTS TOGETHER, let me tell u a short story.

When I was 15yrs I was appointed Assistant-head boy (elect) in S.S 2.
Boyyyyy!!!!! I was "small in size" (I'm 5ft 11inches now oooo.... Abeg! No even think am o *smiles*).

I had the intelligence and genius that goes with so high a position but I also had "guts". During the interview, the Vice-principal (academics) and Vice-principal (admin.) Said this, "Son, you're the smallest but obviously one of the top 3 smartest of all 5-7 candidates, with your SIZE do you think you can command such authority?"

I said, "Sir and ma, Leadership is never about size. But about heart and I believe that I possess the charisma to lead. I didn't nominate myself. Others did because they know what I've got"

Unknown to me, they've carried out private research and found out that I've been "class captain" from Jss1-Jss2 and SS1-SS2. They were impressed with their findings despite "my small stature".

Note: I was not supposed to be made either head boy or Asst.head boy based on size. Goodness me!!!! The others were "big".

Final verdict: I was eventually made Asst. Head boy despite my size (but thanks to my class influence, assertiveness with colleagues as noticed in the school's findings, Intelligence and more)..... BUT "I WAS TOLD PRIVATELY" by one of the officials that I would have been made "head boy" but for my size....................
Was I sad? No way!!! I UNDERSTOOD.... On one hand my size was ignored but on another, it became my bane. BUT ON THE WHOLE, MY LEADERSHIP QUALITIES SHONE THROUGH TO GET ME PICKED AHEAD OF 3-5 OTHER "BIG GUYS".

So in Musa's case, leadership goes beyond loyalty to coaches. Leadership requires you being able to inspire others, to lift your team off the ground when they're struggling, assertiveness, massive influence, an ability to strike some kind of fear in the opponents (Okocha, kanu, oliseh, keshi, christian Chukwu, Yobo, and lately Enyeama were intimidating figures not really because of size but because they were "highly" respected in their positions) and much more.

Musa is respected but "how highly is he rated" by our opponents or how seriously is he taken by them?

I like Musa but I think It's kinda weird making him captain. But hey!!! It was kinda weird making me "Asst.Head boy" too. Mehnnn!!!! U needed to see me then. But I did just great and left as one of the school's most outstanding prefects till date. *Big Smiles*

Maybe as weird as Musa's appointment as captain is, THIS MAY TRIGGER A NEW DIMENSION IN MUSA'S GAME AND CONFIDENCE IN BIG MATCHES. WHO KNOWS? After all, it's said that with great power comes great responsibilities.

IN CONCLUSION, OLISEH WENT ABOUT THINGS THE WRONG WAY.......... THERE'S OBVIOUSLY STILL SOME BAD BLOOD IN THE TEAM AND I HOPE WE DON'T PAY THE PRICE WITH ANOTHER AFCON MISS.
Safarigirl's points may not go down well with some but I think it's because she's looking at the "Big picture"...... THE AFCON AND THE WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS.

LET'S HOPE THIS BAD BLOOD DOESN'T LAST LONG IN THE "SUPER EAGLES".........

Oliseh should have known better..........

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by icon4ss: 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
safarigirl:
First off, I want all Nigerians to forget about qualifying for AFCON 2017, it won't happen with this rift. Oliseh was wrong on all counts in this rift. The last player you should ever attack is the pillar of the team, the head capo, ask Didier Deschamps what Anelka did to him. Why pick on Enyeama? Enyeama has loyalists in that team that can and will rebel against Oliseh until he loses that job and they prove he was never meant to be a coach. Oliseh is displaying an arrogance he hasn't earned considering he's won nothing of note as SE coach. And making Musa captain? Who will take orders from Musa? Is it Mikel, Emenike or the ousted Enyeama? Does Musa look like a leader? Apart from his scrawny nature, how old is he? Someone who can't even speak up when he's wronged, how will he speak on behalf of his team mates? The only place Oliseh's myopic decisions will take he and that team is down. I just want him out ASAP cuz he's apparently not The Chosen One to bring sanity to our football. Cc: blueto, dannycrusoe, terzurum, thesupernerd, icon4s, bascovanveli, joseph1013

I had to log on with my alternative moniker as my original icon4s has been banned by or for antispam bot or whatever.

Oliseh, IMHO miss fired on this one. Infact he owes our Captain appologies. The security guys even bundled him out in d presence of younger players.
Oliseh is telling us he is nt matured enough to coach d Super Eagles.

It is a big shame. Instead of we honouring our heroes we disgrace them out of d national team. There is hardly any Super Eagles player dat retires well with dexception of Kanu and Okocha.

Oliseh has refused to learn from Siasia and Keshi hu were fond of fighting with there key players which majorly led to their downfall.

Oliseh thinks bc he had Carl Ikeme so Enyeama can go to blazes. Hu is Carl Ikeme? Bc he kept a clean sheet againat Tanzania and Niger.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
Why bother? Nigerian football is at its nadir. I could really care less if Timaya is made national team captain.

5 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
There is something I deduced from the post; Dunga gets it wrong for stripping Silva of Captaincy and replacing him with "a small kid" Neymar
Ahmed Musa is very committed and disciplined. He's regular for his Club, and playing Champions League. Besides I've never read or watched a News where he declined the invitation or failed to report to the Camp!
Nigerians and sentiment are inseparable!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by joseph1013: 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
[b]If the reports I am getting from camp is anything to go by, then Enyeama was clearly in the wrong.

Trouble started when they had a meeting after the Tuesday training session, which Enyeama did not participate in because he was busy talking with a member of the crew eventhough he knew that only Carl Ikeme is the goalkeeper available. So Oliseh called a meeting and said he'd like Ahmed Musa to captain the team for the Congo clash. That was where trouble erupted. Enyeama would have none of that. He stood up in front of everyone and was said to have rudely interrupted the coach's speech at this point, the Lille keeper insisting that he was the captain, not Musa. Enyeama was even fighting for Mikel, most senior player in the team to be captain for friendlies not Musa when it became obvious that he would not be playing.

This interruption apparently riled Oliseh, who ordered Enyeama to let him (Oliseh) address his players in peace. But Enyeama continued talking, raising his voice at the coach.

When Oliseh could not take it anymore, he ordered that Enyeama leave the venue of the meeting as he felt the keeper was undermining his (Oliseh's) authority.

When Enyeama refused to leave, Oliseh asked for the goalkeeper to be forcibly removed from the Verviers Hotel camp by security men.

Why should Enyeama not accept the verdict of the coach? Hell was not let loose when Neymar replaced Silva as captain of Brazil. There was no arguments with the coach when Mascherano was replaced by Messi as Captain. What right has Enyeama got to oppose his coach? Anywhere in the world once a new coach takes over he decides who will be his captain, that's standard, if he does not choose you, then you have to sempe. Super Eagles is not your father's property.

Ahmed Musa will captain the Eagles just for the game VS Congo DR ironically Enyeama won't play that game so why was he causing trouble.

Enyeama was quoted to have made alot of caustic statements.

Enyeama said this words "Who is Oliseh?" So Oliseh sent him out of camp to show him who the boss is.

Enyeama told Oliseh what have you done that I have not done for the Super Eagles, what did you win that have not won,who are you? #Crazy

Enyeama told Oliseh how long were you in the national team? This is my 13th year you can't come in here and start misbehaving #Crazy

Anyone supporting Enyeama on this issue is supporting indiscipline. NFF on their part overruled Sunday Oliseh,what message are they passing by undermining the manager's authority?

And no, Enyeama did not apologize to Oliseh. He even went on instagram to say that Oliseh insulted his mother, something that never happened. Dude is very childish.

NOTE: I have my sources in the Eagles and it all points to the fact that Enyeama was clearly in the wrong.

GOODNEWS: Wilfred Ndidi & Kingsley Madu join Alampasu as players called up to @NGSuperEagles ahead of games VS Congo Dr & Cameroun as replacements[/b]

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Goke7: 3:43pm On Oct 07, 2015
joseph1013:
[b]If the reports I am getting from camp is anything to go by, then Enyeama was clearly in the wrong.

Trouble started when they had a meeting after the Tuesday training session, which Enyeama did not participate in because he was busy talking with a member of the crew eventhough he knew that only Carl Ikeme is the goalkeeper available. So Oliseh called a meeting and said he'd like Ahmed Musa to captain the team for the Congo clash. That was where trouble erupted. Enyeama would have none of that. He stood up in front of everyone and was said to have rudely interrupted the coach's speech at this point, the Lille keeper insisting that he was the captain, not Musa. Enyeama was even fighting for Mikel, most senior player in the team to be captain for friendlies not Musa

When Oliseh could not take it anymore, he ordered that Enyeama leave the venue of the meeting as he felt the keeper was undermining his (Oliseh's) authority.

When Enyeama refused to leave, Oliseh asked for the goalkeeper to be forcibly removed from the Verviers Hotel camp by security men.

Why should Enyeama not accept the verdict of the coach? Hell was not let loose when Neymar replaced Silva as captain of Brazil. There was no arguments with the coach when Mascherano was replaced by Messi as Captain. What right has Enyeama got to oppose his coach? Anywhere in the world once a new coach takes over he decides who will be his captain, that's standard, if he does not choose you, then you have to sempe. Super Eagles is not your father's property.

Ahmed Musa will captain the Eagles just for the game VS Congo DR ironically Enyeama won't play that game so why was he causing trouble.

Enyeama was quoted to have made alot of caustic statements.

Enyeama said this words "Who is Oliseh?" So Oliseh sent him out of camp to show him who the boss is.

Enyeama told Oliseh what have you done that I have not done for the Super Eagles, what did you win that have not won,who are you? #Crazy

Enyeama told Oliseh how long were you in the national team? This is my 13th year you can't come in here and start misbehaving #Crazy

Anyone supporting Enyeama on this issue is supporting indiscipline. NFF on their part overruled Sunday Oliseh,what message are they passing by undermining the manager's authority?

NOTE: I have my sources in the Eagles and it all points to the fact that Enyeama was clearly in the wrong.

GOODNEWS: Wilfred Ndidi & Kingsley Madu join Alampasu as players called up to @NGSuperEagles ahead of games VS Congo Dr & Cameroun as replacements[/b]

you guys are forgetting that Oliseh is an employee that has an employer, did Oliseh consult the nff before he took his decision to eject Enyeama, Enyeama is even right fighting for mikel to captain as he is senior to musa, even the nff knows that. Oliseh was trying to play God by taking some decisions that needed consultations with his employers before taking action, this was one of the issues nff had with keshi and here Oliseh who criticised Keshi then is already towing the same path. This was why nff overuled Oliseh cos they know he goofed on that one. Oliseh should have consulted with the nff on the captain issue especially when Enyeama and Mikel were in camp. Nothing is wrong with Musa becoming captain but Oliseh forgot that the National team is a National asset owned by all nigerians.

Oliseh is wrong please

17 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
[Post Retracted]
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
icon4ss:

I had to log on with my alternative moniker as my original icon4s has been banned by or for antispam bot or whatever.

Oliseh, IMHO miss fired on this one. Infact he owes our Captain appologies. The security guys even bundled him out in d presence of younger players.
Oliseh is telling us he is nt matured enough to coach d Super Eagles.

It is a big shame. Instead of we honouring our heroes we disgrace them out of d national team. There is hardly any Super Eagles player dat retires well with dexception of Kanu and Okocha.

Oliseh has refused to learn from Siasia and Keshi hu were fond of fighting with there key players which majorly led to their downfall.

Oliseh thinks bc he had Carl Ikeme so Enyeama can go to blazes. Hu is Carl Ikeme? Bc he kept a clean sheet againat Tanzania and Niger.
For someone who was also unfairly treated to do such a thing is makes me sick. This Oliseh smells like a snake to me, though i will never wish my country bad and i will always surport any one who wears our colours I still don't like that guy Oliseh as a person. I mean the guy flat out lied about not wanting the job in the first place. He had everything bad to say about Keshi but yet he seems worse.

5 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by joseph1013: 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
You all should read Oliseh's twitter timeline to see what transpired. Imagine Enyeama calling Oliseh "Albino" in the presence of the players.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by joseph1013: 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2015
Goke7:

you guys are forgetting that Oliseh is an employee that has an employer, did Oliseh consult the nff before he took his decision to eject Enyeama, Enyeama is even right fighting for mikel to captain as he is senior to musa, even the nff knows that. Oliseh was trying to play God by taking some decisions that needed consultations with his employers before taking action, this was one of the issues nff had with keshi and here Oliseh who criticised Keshi then is already towing the same path. This was why nff overuled Oliseh cos they know he goofed on that one. Oliseh should have consulted with the nff on the captain issue especially when Enyeama and Mikel were in camp. Nothing is wrong with Musa becoming captain but Oliseh forgot that the National team is a National asset owned by all nigerians.

Oliseh is wrong please

Are you telling me that coaches everywhere in the world get permission from their FAs to choose their captains, leave players out of their squads and select players that will play matches?

7 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by safarigirl(f): 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
joseph1013:
You all should read Oliseh's twitter timeline to see what transpired. Imagine Enyeama calling Oliseh "Albino" in the presence of the players.
oh, we should read Oliseh's timeline to get HIS version of what happened. Enyeama's version is on FP, which one do we beleive?

4 Likes

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by joseph1013: 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
safarigirl:
oh, we should read Oliseh's timeline to get HIS version of what happened. Enyeama's version is on FP, which one do we beleive?

Then we also listen to journalists who have inside information about what transpires in camp. Folks like @guysly2much, @muyiwalawal, @oluwashina, @RandaAndrew. Infact, the first two are big critics of Oliseh, yet they support him in this saga. Take time to read their accounts on twitter.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by homesteady(m): 5:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
space booked!
Re: Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
Of course Enyeama has his faults BUT my focus is on why "courtesy" wasn't employed. I insist that all these would not have happened had Oliseh done "the right thing."

*have a private discussion with Enyeama b4 making it public that Musa is new captain* it's that simple........ Now look at this chaos... I'm ashamed at both Enyeama and Oliseh but Oliseh had the ball in his court....

He should have played it well.....

*Even Jide Alaka, another top journalist share my views*

I got no real issues with Musa's captaincy in the long run.... I'm concerned with the "courtesy" that was ignored leading to all this storm....

joseph1013:

Then we also listen to journalists who have inside information about what transpires in camp. Folks like @guysly2much, @muyiwalawal, @oluwashina, @RandaAndrew. Infact, the first two are big critics of Oliseh, yet they support him in this saga. Take time to read their accounts on twitter.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Super Eagles Depart Austria For Russia (Photo) / Mouez Hassen, Tunisia Goalkeeper Refuses To Be Subbed During Win Over Ghana / The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.