Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? (18389 Views)

Ladies Can You Rock This Kind Of Make Up / The Power Of Make-up In Pictures / Incredible Photo Of The Power Of Make-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by neelsel(f): 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2006
I have taken the pleasure of compling a list of make up brands that are my favourite, feel free to list yours.

Cleansers: Mary Kay 3-in-1 daily cleanser
Moisturizer: Mary Kay, Neutrogena,
Foundation: Mac, Loreal and Mary Kay, Fashion Fair
Eyeshadows: Mac, Revlon, Avon, Tally Young,Clinque
Powder: Mac, Tally Young, Fashion Fair
Lip Gloss: Victoria Secret, Mac, Mary Kay, Nars,
Mascara: Max Factor, Revlon, Mary Kay
Blush: Cargo, Nars, Clinque
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by beyunce(f): 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2006
anything Mary Kay
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by neelsel(f): 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2006
beyunce:

anything Mary Kay
Yea they are good.
I sell them as well.
You should try the Even tone moisturizer, it is the best,
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by beyunce(f): 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2006
ok. girl thx for the tips.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by neelsel(f): 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2006
beyunce:

ok. girl thx for the tips.
De nada (spanish for .You are welcome)
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by iice(f): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2006
Mostly revlon but i hardly use em lol
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by beyunce(f): 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2006
neelsel:

De nada (spanish for .You are welcome)

thats nice. thx
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by neelsel(f): 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2006
Beyunce I clicked on your profile and almost jumped out of my shoes. You are the exact replica of an old friend who went to school with me. Wow, it is true that we all have an identical twin somewhere.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by beyunce(f): 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2006
Yea it's surely true.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by londoner: 9:06pm On Oct 10, 2006
None at all, but people always think I'm wearing foundation for some reason I have to let them touch my face to prove it, lol
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by funmise(f): 9:19pm On Oct 10, 2006
@ londoner

U must ve a vry nice skin
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Free(f): 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2006
fashion fair
cover girl
revlon
maybelene
etc
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by londoner: 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2006
, Thats what people say, but really we all have nice skin, if we treat it well, I keep it simple. Water and natural things, thats about it really. We black women really dont need all these cremes or makeup.

funmise:

@ londoner

U must ve a vry nice skin
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by fellybabe(f): 3:37am On Oct 20, 2006
I fell in luv with iman product d very 1st day i was introduced 2 it.i use clinique 2.

1 Like

Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by gianni(f): 3:55am On Oct 20, 2006
i knew my make up bag is not in order.i use boots facial scrub,black opal powder,black opal eyeshadow,one nameless liquid eyeliner&pencil,revlon lipstick,maybelline lipgloss,black opal bronzer.never used a moisturizer back home because i had an oily face but here my face is all dry and lacklustre because of the cold weather.can any tell what to do,what product to use?
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by mairodi(f): 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2006
I use black opal powder but now its so expensive so i use constance carroll which is equally good. i have a constance carroll eyeliner and lipstick. I use Milano cream powder which is also wonderful. I am a mature grandmother of 48 years so I wear this make up very lightly, only to enhance my features
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by funmise(f): 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2006
@gianni

All u need 4 d dry face is a moisturiser. U can try Radiant Glow moisturISER its very very good . U can only get it in AFRO-CARRIBEAN BEAUTY STORES.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by neelsel(f): 3:54am On Oct 22, 2006
funmise:

@gianni

All u need 4 d dry face is a moisturiser. U can try Radiant Glow moisturISER its very very good . U can only get it in AFRO-CARRIBEAN BEAUTY STORES.

Yea Moisturisers are a MUST,,,,especially if you live in harsh climates,
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by gianni(f): 10:01am On Oct 22, 2006
thanks funmise & nelseel.i think pick one up today.and i hope it won't act as a lightener cos i prefer my dark skin.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by funmise(f): 11:54pm On Oct 22, 2006
no it wont, moisturisers maintain ur skin colour
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by neelsel(f): 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2006
neelsel:

Yea Moisturisers are a MUST,,,,especially if you live in harsh climates,
No No NO sweety, moisturizers do as their names imply(add moisture) On the other hand there are a few moisturizers that were specifically made with ingredients to even out dark spots (Neutrogena, Fashion Fair and Mary Kay all have such). Since you have already made it clear that such is not your case, then you need to just get a regular moisturizer. Make sure also that you get one for your true skin type (oily, dry, combination)
All the best,
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Sxcpresh(f): 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2006
mac powder n lipgloss,maybelline mascara n eyeshadows,covergirl liploss,blackopal
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Outkast(f): 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2006
mac powder and lip glass
fashion fair-loose powder
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by funmise(f): 12:53am On Oct 26, 2006
@ neesel

so som moisturisers do change d skin tone?
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by socool1(f): 4:08am On Oct 26, 2006
mac is nice too
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by neelsel(f): 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2006
funmise:

@ neesel

so som moisturisers do change d skin tone?
As I said earlier if it says "Even tone, Skin lightener etc then be assured that it would alter the color of your skin. Not all are bad, make sure it is a well established brand like, Fashion Fair, Mary Kay, Neutrogena.
Stay away from Fair white, Ambi etc, the majority of these products were manufactured in Asia and were not approved by the AFDA.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by thandie: 7:38pm On Oct 29, 2006
Mascara - Bourjois or Maybelline in blackest black
Powder - Only Mac studio fix. great finish
Lipgloss - Dior addict
Moisturiser - I use aveeno, planning to invest in a good nite cream.
Cleanser - Ponds foaming facial cleanser. I really recommend this product cos i've tried quite a no. of washes ie. l'oreal instant moussing gel wash which was a scam in a bottle, olay wash was nothing to talk about etc.
Toner - Neutrogena alcohol free toner. Timeless
Facial Scrub - use any good one. would like someone to recommend a good scrub.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by neelsel(f): 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2006
Thandie, Mix some honey and oatmeal, BEST scrub you can ever invest in.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by lauryn(f): 12:44am On Oct 31, 2006
Iman
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by fellybabe(f): 4:25am On Oct 31, 2006
I love looking good.
I use honey and oatmeal as facial scrub once in a wk, then use cran berryjuice once in a mth or 2months. B4 then,i used apricot scrub-St Ives.
I use cucumber on my skin after bath when am indoor and whem am out of stock,i use ESKINOL NATURAL-CUCUMBER BRAND FOR FACIAL CLEANSER.
Dove moisture body wash for my face.i don't use bar on my face neither sponge.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by fellybabe(f): 4:25am On Oct 31, 2006
I love looking good.
I use honey and oatmeal as facial scrub once in a wk, then use cran berryjuice once in a mth or 2months. B4 then,i used apricot scrub-St Ives.
I use cucumber on my skin after bath when am indoor and whem am out of stock,i use ESKINOL NATURAL-CUCUMBER BRAND FOR FACIAL CLEANSER.
Dove moisture body wash for my face.i don't use bar on my face neither sponge.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by fellybabe(f): 4:43am On Oct 31, 2006
I like mary kay's product.but for now,they are 2 expensive c maimtain 4 me o.i don't want a situation why i'll use for a period of time and stop cos of financial aspect.
Time for everything
Remember when i use just any face powder,now use IMAM-CLAY MEDIUM(PRESSED POWDER) BOUGHT IT FOR N4,200K BUT IT LAST.D LAST ONE I BOUGHT WAS APRIL AND STIL HAVE LEFT DAT WILL LAST FOR DIS DECEMBER. Sometime,i use clinique colour 2 as alternative.
Foundation is posner-honey biege

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences / Wat Do U Tink About slim Fitting Jeans 4 Males? / Check Out These Hot And Lovely Aso Ebi Styles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.