Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? (18391 Views)

Ladies Can You Rock This Kind Of Make Up / The Power Of Make-up In Pictures / Incredible Photo Of The Power Of Make-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by fellybabe(f): 4:50am On Oct 31, 2006
I invest in jordana lipsticks,eye and lip liners. I also use almay too.although,i have few colors on dat designer compare 2 jordana.abt 15 varieties of lipsticks of jordana.
Anyway,my mood determines my makeup,lipstick
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by lauryn(f): 4:50am On Oct 31, 2006
ok
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Chinie(f): 10:20am On Oct 31, 2006
everything i use on my face is black opal and few from estee lauder
my miosturizer is neutrogena
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by thandie: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2006
neelsel:

Thandie, Mix some honey and oatmeal, BEST scrub you can ever invest in.
Thanks Neelsel, tried it out and it really works. Got that smooth face feel you get after using a cosmetic scrub. A lot more affordable too. I'l definitely be using.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Sxcpresh(f): 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2006
i got jordana in lipglosses,lilac and sandstone.but thet are kinda sheer 4 ma likin.i like em a lil thick.got da mascara 2.not so fantastic i must say.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by yebarbie(f): 11:55am On Dec 18, 2006
For now I use Sonya colour collection. its a new range of makeup made by forever living products.I will recomend this to anyone that has a problematic face.It treats the skin well because it is aloe vera based. Apart from this, I also use Iman loose powder it is very very and I repeat very goooood. Although it is quite expensive,(4,000) just close your eyes and buy it and it will last a long time and you will realy enjoy it. I also use Mary Kay Liquid foundation.It sits well on the face & wont clog pores. I want to try Mac studio fix. Its a foundation & powder In one. I heard it is very good but you can never know till you try.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Destiny6(f): 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2007
ITS ALL ABOUT IMAN MAKEUP, its suitable 4 all skin types and colours, check out www.imancosmetics.com, u wont be dissapointed!,
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by estylove1(f): 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2007
Mascara - Absolute
Lip gloss - no name
lip liner - kleacoluor
eye shadow - Black opal
cleanser - black opal
loose powder - black opal
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Deleted: 7:39pm On Feb 12, 2007
i US3 ALOTTA BLACK OPAL PRODUCTZ B3CAUS3 iTZ GOOD FOR MY SKiN! AND TH3Y HAV3 TH3 B3ST COLORZ FOR M3 TOO! grin
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Stilettos(f): 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2007
cover girl
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by bunmii(f): 8:52am On Mar 04, 2007
Maybelline products
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by kolacat(m): 1:16pm On Mar 08, 2007
Hey yall, im working on opening stores in lagos and abuja, selling designer apparels. Suits, dress shirts,tshirts, jeans,watches, bikini, sneakers, sunglasses. Designers like louis vuitton, paulsmith, giorgio armani, ralph lauren polo, victoria secret , chanel, christian dior,hermes,tiffany jewels,gucci, burberry, prada, fendi, bape, evisu. This is my catalog, http://new.photos.yahoo.com/kolajocat/albums/ for clothes. Http://new.photos.yahoo.com/kolajocat2/albums/ for bags. i ship worldwide and delivery takes 10 days to arrive at your doorstep. for orders contact me on 08085574013 or my girlfriend on 6175710822. I promise to give reasonable prices.
my website is still under construction www.ebonypulse.com but it should be ready in a few. for references, contact me and i shall forward phone numbers or emails of clients to you. my email is kolajocat@yahoo.com
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by jerseygurl(f): 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2007
guys u need 2 try marykay products, dey re amazin,
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by jerseygurl(f): 9:36pm On Aug 11, 2007
fellybabe:

I like mary kay's product.but for now,they are 2 expensive c maimtain 4 me o.i don't want a situation why i'll use for a period of time and stop because of financial aspect.
Time for everything
Remember when i use just any face powder,now use IMAM-CLAY MEDIUM(PRESSED POWDER) BOUGHT IT FOR N4,200K BUT IT LAST.D LAST ONE I BOUGHT WAS APRIL AND STIL HAVE LEFT DAT WILL LAST FOR DIS DECEMBER. Sometime,i use clinique colour 2 as alternative.
Foundation is posner-honey biege
i sell marykay products, yes they're expensive,its jus a matter of sacrifice,there wouldnt be a day dat u're regret buyin any marykay product,i bet u'll love the skin u're in wit marykay,
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by dumie(f): 12:26pm On Nov 09, 2007
Any
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2007
Powder - Clinique
Mascara - Maybelline
Mascara - Clinique
lip gloss - Victoria Secret
lipstick - Clinique
Lipflide - Revlon
Mascara - Revlon
Shade - Cinique
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:16am On Nov 10, 2007
Cleanser- Neutrogena

Foundation- Mac

Finishing powder- Mac

Mascara- L'oreal

Lip gloss- L'oreal

lip liner- L'oreal

Lip Stick- L'oreal

Eye shadow- L'oreal

Eyebrow Pencil- L'oreal
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by teetee2(f): 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2007
thx Neelsel. Av been using clear essence maxitone for very long time, just of recent i notice stretch mark, dark patches and my skin is now having wrinkles. When i wanted to use Mary Kay cream my friend told me its very expensive and not really brings out the best result. As a lady i need to look radiant with glowing skin like a model. Advice me on good cream to use dat will make me lighter a little (as fair in complexion)
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by PTBNaija(f): 2:03am On Nov 22, 2007
I love make-up!

Okay so I use MAC, Bobbi Brown, Mary Kay, Mabel line, Urban Decay, and Laura Mercier
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Islander(f): 5:10am On Nov 23, 2007
teetee2:

thx Neelsel. Av been using clear essence maxitone for very long time, just of recent i notice stretch mark, dark patches and my skin is now having wrinkles. When i wanted to use Mary Kay cream my friend told me its very expensive and not really brings out the best result. As a lady i need to look radiant with glowing skin like a model. Advice me on good cream to use that will make me lighter a little (as fair in complexion)

Sorry dear, since the Judas boss of Nairaland banned Neelsel I hardly check my previous posts under that guise.  Honestly, the brand of a product doesn't determine its potential.  Over the years I have personally found that much of the cheaper brands work much better than many of these over-priced, brand names.

Depending on your skin type you should choose products that are befitting. If you have dry skin products rich in oil are very essential in keeping the skin lubricated.  If on the other hand you have oily skin then you would want to use products that do not have an oily base.

Mary Kay has an excellent cream called "Age defining Moisturizer",  It is just the very best.  If you cannot afford it here are few simple tips that would and could reap similar results.

1. Wash face at least twice per day.  Use some form of astringent( you can make your own by using some diluted rubbing alcohol)

2. Moisturize twice per day as well.  The way to ensure healthy skin is to feed it daily with nutrients.

3. Be mindful of your diet. What you put into your body will show externally.  Drink lots of water, it helps to flush the system, cleaning away any impurities.

4. NEVER go to bed wearing make up. Make up clog pores.  If your pores are clogged, they cannot "breathe".

5. Once or twice per month, mix some oatmeal and honey and give yourself a facial. Trust me the results are as good as going to any spas.

6. Last but not least, Purchase and use the brand of make up that you can afford. Make sure you choose the correct shade.  The price of the make up does NOT matter. It's the way you wear it that really counts. ( NO ONE is going to scape it off your face to examine if it"s MAC or Cover girl,
Secret, I had a function to attend and was running late. Driving to the place I remembered I had no make up, so I stopped at a local pharmacy to get something.  My choice was limited so I opted for a Revlon. Trust me dear, it was the best choice I have ever made.  I still use all my other high priced cosmetics, but NONE can compare to my Revlon, shhhhh,  wink
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by yimiton(f): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2007
Cleansers: Non
Moisturizer: Oil of Olay
Facial Wash: Olay
Foundation: Mary Kay
Eyeshadows: Black opah
Powder: Black Opah, Mary Kay
Lip Gloss: Mary Kay
Mascara: Non
Blush: Non
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Jummy4real(f): 10:29am On Dec 11, 2007
Please i have pores on my face. What can i use clear the pores? My wedding is coming up in two weeks time. I want to know the right make up for me. I have Mac and it doesn't really look good on my face. Its somehow too dry and later oily. I have Black Opal powder too but that one looks better on me. I use Jackellin Honey Lipstick. But i appreciate all these liquid/shinning lipstick on people but i dont know much about them. Kindly advise me on what to do.
Thanking you in advance for your swift response.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Jummy4real(f): 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2007
Please i have pores on my face.  What can i use clear/cover it?  My wedding is coming up in two weeks time.  I want to know the right make up for me.  I have Mac and it doesn't really look good on my face.  Its somehow too dry and later oily.  I have Black Opal powder too but that one looks a bit better on me.  I use  Jackellin Honey Lipstick.  But i appreciate all these liquid/shinning lipstick on people but i don't know much about them.  Kindly advise me on what to do.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Jummy4real(f): 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2007
Please i have pores on my face. What can i use clear/cover it? My wedding is coming up in two weeks time. I want to know the right make up for me. I have Mac and it doesn't really look good on my face. Its somehow too dry and later oily. I have Black Opal powder too but that one looks a bit better on me. I use Jackellin Honey Lipstick. But i appreciate all these liquid/shinning lipstick on people but i don't know much about them. Kindly advise me on what to do.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by nkguobadia(f): 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2008
HI,
I SELL MARYKAY PRODUCTS AT WHOLESALE PRICE,YOU CAN REACH ME ON 07032680279.EMAIL ME ON NKGUOBADIA@HOTMAIL.COM.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by omowon: 5:23pm On Feb 05, 2008
I use black opal powder
black opal foundation
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by OpeLovely(f): 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2008
Black Opal Eyeshadow
Body Shop Liquid Powder
L'oreal Facial Cleansing wipes
H & M Lipgloss
Mac Eyepencil
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by nike4luv(f): 12:58am On Mar 09, 2008
doesnt all these stuff make your skin look funny, what happened to powder and lip gloss

powder- cover girl
lip gloss- seventeen and avon
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by pahtahkee: 10:15pm On Mar 09, 2008
Na wa oh! shocked shocked All these in the name of fashion. grin grin grin

Wahala dey!
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Gamine(f): 10:26pm On Mar 09, 2008
MaryKay and BM for lips

MaryKay and Black opal for eyes
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by OpeLovely(f): 11:39am On Mar 10, 2008
@jummy4real,

Its possible that the mac powder you bought is the fake one. Go to a good supermarket or salon not those razzo places and get the good one which is either made in Canada or South Africa. Not every powder is suited for your skin so it has to be tested on you first.

Refrain from using harsh creams like bleaching creams and cleansers. Use wipes instead and products that have sunscreen and aloe vera. You could try using neutrogena cream/lotion, neutrogena soap or facial wash. Never sleep with makeup on and moisturise before going to bed.

If you have any question, let me know.
Re: What Brand Of Make Up Do You Use? by Pepeye(f): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2008
Foundation: Iman
Eyeshadow: Black Opal (Olympic Gold)
Powder: Black Opal
Lip Gloss: Black Opal
Eye Lining Pencil- Black Opal
Lip Stick- Mac or Chanel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences / Wat Do U Tink About slim Fitting Jeans 4 Males? / Check Out These Hot And Lovely Aso Ebi Styles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.