Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

No Yam In Pounded-yam - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / No Yam In Pounded-yam (3126 Views)

Quick And Easy Way Of Making Pounded Yam / Hot Ofe -nsala Soup Served With Pounded Yam! / Man Spotted Eating 20 Tubers Of Pounded Yam Alone (shocking Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Yam In Pounded-yam by Vicjustice: 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2015
From era to era, Pounded-Yam has been a very popular food with Nigerians, and the traditional way of preparing it is the same all over: and even though there exist some mechanical devices that are designed to do the manual handling and pounding, most Nigerians still prefer the traditional method of boiling the Yam and pounding the edible chunks in a wooden mortar with a wooden pestle. But For ages, (with the traditional preparation method proving difficult to those abroad), Nigerians abroad are contended to have found the alternative way to prepare the food by basically stirring and mixing the "Yam" powder in hot-water, and then finishing the dough in a microwave oven or on a Burner.
But the question is, do you really know what you eat?
The pictures below would blow your mind to know that you have been scammed to have been ignorantly eating something that obviously contains agents responsible for protruding belly, something that you never would have subscribed for, and like the title suggests, there is no Yam in "Pounded-Yam".
But why are Nigerians deceitful in every little thing, even food, why not just honestly declare what the true stuff is? Many thanks to the Irish/UK authorities that have forced them to reveal the true contents, we now know what the dubious "Pounded-Yam" companies have been hiding from their consumers: the contents are now being displayed on improvised label stickers.
The fact is: if the package is deceptive, then the displayed nutritional values are sham: so, how can we be certain that the contents are indeed what are eventually stated?
What is the Nigerian authority doing about this fraudulent activities or is Politics involved, i mean why is NAFDAC allowing this to happen under its watch?

2 Shares

Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by delishpot: 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2015
Cheii! See fraud This is poundo potato/rice na...
And I used to eat this shii o angry

1 Like

Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by Vicjustice: 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
delishpot:
Cheii! See fraud This is poundo potato/rice na...
And I used to eat this shii o angry
Please, share this article with everyone
Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by delishpot: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
Vicjustice:

I did hit the share button
Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by delishpot: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
Vicjustice:

Lalasticlala
Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by tpiander: 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
Did anyone think poundo yam is made from yam?

1 Like

Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by tpiander: 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
Vicjustice:
From era to era, Pounded-Yam has been a very popular food with Nigerians, and the traditional way of preparing it is the same all over: and even though there exist some mechanical devices that are designed to do the manual handling and pounding, most Nigerians still prefer the traditional method of boiling the Yam and pounding the edible chunks in a wooden mortal with a wooden pestle. But For ages, (with the traditional preparation method proving difficult to those abroad), Nigerians abroad are contended to have found the alternative way to prepare the food by basically stirring and mixing the "Yam" powder in hot-water, and then finishing the dough in a microwave oven or on a Burner.
But the question is, do you really know what you eat?
The pictures below would blow your mind to know that you have been scammed to have been ignorantly eating something that obviously contains agents responsible for protruding belly, something that you never would have subscribed for, and like the title suggests, there is no Yam in "Pounded-Yam".
But why are Nigerians deceitful in every little thing, even food, why not just honestly declare what the true stuff is? Many thanks to the Irish/UK authorities that have forced them to reveal the true contents, we now know what the dubious "Pounded-Yam" companies have been hiding from their consumers: the contents are now being displayed on improvised label stickers.
The fact is: if the package is deceptive, then the displayed nutritional values are sham: so, how can we be certain that the contents are indeed what are eventually stated?
What is the Nigerian authority doing about this fraudulent activities or is Politics involved, i mean why is NAFDAC allowing this to happen under its watch?

do you have any evidence or proof of virtually every claim you made here?

the ingredients are clearly stated on the pack, I don't understand your grouse.

1 Like

Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by Vicjustice: 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
tpiander:

do you have any evidence or proof of virtually every claim you made here?

the ingredients are clearly stated on the pack, I don't understand your grouse.
What proof do you need?
The ingredients had never been stated until this time: by the way, don't you observe that ingredients are stated in external label?

1 Like

Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by Enoquin(f): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
I don't even like pounded yam, either in its true or an adulterated form.
Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by tpiander: 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
Vicjustice:

What proof do you need?
The ingredients had never been stated until this time: by the way, don't you observe that ingredients are stated in external label?

What you are trying to say is you never checked the labels until this time.

i guess you assume nigeria is a jungle.

the ingredients have always been stated on the package.

1 Like

Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by Vicjustice: 9:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
tpiander:

What you are trying to say is you never checked the labels until this time.
i guess you assume nigeria is a jungle.
the ingredients have always been stated on the package.
You still do not seem to understand. The label hasn't always been there, it is now being sticked on the bag to conceal the original deceptive information that says "INGREDIENT: YAM FLOUR", there was NEVER that particular label on the bag.
Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by tpiander: 10:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
Vicjustice:

You still do not seem to understand. The label hasn't always been there, it is now being sticked on the bag to conceal the original deceptive information that says "INGREDIENT: YAM FLOUR", there was NEVER that particular label on the bag.

do you have any picture of the bag which says that?

the label shown was attached, just noticing.

a google search shows a different bag with "a specially formulated flour mix" printed on it.
Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by Vicjustice: 7:41am On Oct 08, 2015
tpiander:

do you have any picture of the bag which says that?

the label shown was attached, just noticing.

a google search shows a different bag with "a specially formulated flour mix" printed on it.
If you are not familiar with this particular bag, then, you better listen to someone who is.
Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by businessguide: 4:32am On Jul 07, 2018
Visit www.businessguide.com.ng to view full list of poundo yam companies.
Re: No Yam In Pounded-yam by justmenoni: 5:53am On Jul 09, 2018
Pretty bad, i just discovered this 2 weeks ago���

(1) (Reply)

Egg Stew / Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. / Help With Chin Chin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.