Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Buying Uk-used Phones: Good Or Bad Idea? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Buying Uk-used Phones: Good Or Bad Idea? (3616 Views)

Uk-used Phones Can Land You In Jail Outside Nigeria – Tunji Disu / What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated / Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Uk-used Phones: Good Or Bad Idea? by Okponee: 3:43pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hallo pals:
I just need your candid opinion. Is it advisable for one to buy a UK-used phone, such as Blackberry Touch3? Please state your reasons. Thank you.
Re: Buying Uk-used Phones: Good Or Bad Idea? by Whizpeter(m): 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
If its a big brand like BlackBerry, Samsung and Apple, then you have no problem..

If you can't afford the new one, You can go for the London used.

But I must warn you to be very careful cos most retailers out there don't sell the genuine London used products, they rather sell refurbished Nigerian Used..
So you gotta be careful..
I bought a London used curve5 last year August and it served me for four months without problems, not even ba3 prob until a friend poured water on the phone while trying to bath me after my last paper in school...
It developed a touchpad problem and I chose not to repair it cos I don't have strength for 'BB Wahala'
Re: Buying Uk-used Phones: Good Or Bad Idea? by Okponee: 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
Whizpeter:
If its a big brand like BlackBerry, Samsung and Apple, then you have no problem..

If you can't afford the new one, You can go for the London used.

But I must warn you to be very careful c9s most retailers out there don't sell the genuine London used products, they rather sell refurbished Nigerian Used..
So you gotta be careful..
I bought a London used curve5 last year August and it served me for four months without problems, not even ba3 prob until a friend poured water on the phone while trying to bath me after my last paper in school...
It developed a touchpad problem and I chose not to repair it cos I don't have strength for 'BB Wahala'

Tnx for your prompt and useful reply.
Re: Buying Uk-used Phones: Good Or Bad Idea? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
London used,naija used,aba used,China used what's the difference. What matters is the maintenance culture of the previous owner. I tag them all as used phones, no special treatment.
Buy from a trusted seller of used phones
Examine all the functions of the phone till you are satisfied
Try and bargain for a warranty of max. 1week
Be calm and confident. After all,an your money

1 Like

Re: Buying Uk-used Phones: Good Or Bad Idea? by parrotibaba(m): 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
the guy above hv said it all, it depends on the previous owner n not the country it comes from.

1 Like

Re: Buying Uk-used Phones: Good Or Bad Idea? by Okponee: 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
idokojerry:
London used,naija used,aba used,China used what's the difference. What matters is the maintenance culture of the previous owner. I tag them all as used phones, no special treatment.
Buy from a trusted seller of used phones
Examine all the functions of the phone till you are satisfied
Try and bargain for a warranty of max. 1week
Be calm and confident. After all,an your money

Tnx for your opinion.

(1) (Reply)

You're Killing Your Iphone Battery With These 5 Charging Mistakes / Android Users Avoid This App. / The World’s Tiniest Touchscreen Smartphone (images).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.