Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,866 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:11 AM

What Would You Do In This Situation? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do In This Situation? (36227 Views)

I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? / Men, What Would You Do In This Situation? (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Adiwana: 11:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
it get one beating my mama gave me 1 time,the mark still dey my body,what stops me from giving that to my son/daughter

PS;THIS reminds me of a movie i watched day before yesterday when a son called his mother BITCH! imagine undecided
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by fizzle19(m): 11:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hmmmmmmm!!!! I go beat........... Infact I trust my naija police, dem go join hand sef beat the pikin

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by fizzle19(m): 11:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hmmmmmmm!!!! I go beat........... Infact I trust my naija police, dem go join hand sef beat the pikin
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by UjSizzle(f): 11:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
I get the frustration, but we're not barbarians. If your anger is enough to physically hurt your child, then you shouldn't even touch him until you've calmed yourself down.

I am not in support of indiscipline and in this case the mother is at fault.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by abduljabbar4(m): 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
I will do worse

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by nonjebose(m): 11:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
Na to rent d child to landlord for the duration of the money
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
UjSizzle:
I get the frustration, but we're not barbarians. If your anger is enough to physically hurt your child, then you shouldn't even touch him until you've calmed yourself down.

I am not in support of indiscipline and in this case the mother is at fault.
So, you see nothing wrong with what the child did?
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by lonelydora: 11:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
They no born the pikin well if he tries it with me.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Rexnegro(m): 11:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
adedam007:
Am going to flush him d way he flushed my money down d drain
You no fit Jare ...no come bobo us here....
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Tamee(f): 12:00am On Oct 08, 2015
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by musicwriter(m): 12:01am On Oct 08, 2015
Ishilove:
I came across this story online and I was flabbergasted.

Danielle Whipple, a 24 year old single mother was arrested for beating her child who flushed their rent money down the toilet because she (the mum} refused to watch TV.

The woman's neighbours reported to the police because they heard the child crying and heard the sound of smacking. When police arrived at the scene, they found Whipple' child, whose gender and age was not released, with a black eye, a bleeding nose and a red handprint on the face.

Subsequently she was arrested and now faces a charge of felony child abuse.

Now, I am in no way in support of child abuse, but i want to throw it to Nairalanders: How would you react if your child deliberately flushed N162,000 house rent money down the toilet because you refused to watch a movie with him/her?

Note that $720 is about N162,000 in Nigerian currency.

Just want to state N162,000 is just the cash equivalence, not the "real economic value" to and fro.

For example; if that money was for a month rent, then the value would be the same amount you'll pay for a month for that type of house in Nigeria.

What I'm saying is; if $720 is the cost of one Agege bread in their country, then the value should be one Agege bread in Lagos, not cash value.

She shouldn't have beat the child anywhere, depending of his/her age.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Kolade354(m): 12:03am On Oct 08, 2015
Ishilove:

The child is obviously spoilt.
The woman has failed!!! Not the innocent kid.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Tamee(f): 12:03am On Oct 08, 2015

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by moshoodn(m): 12:11am On Oct 08, 2015
I see lots of people saying maybe the child doesn't know the value of money....

Hmmmmm. . The child does know. The child knew very well what would pain the mum. It's like a vendetta..

Why not her pills, which may be easily accessible.

Why not tear her clothes or smash the remote controller of the TV.?

Why the money?

The child obviously knew that would make the mum go wild... And she sure did.

Addendum: Train up your child in the way that he should go, and when he grows, he will not depart from it. .

As a parent, the onus is on you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Kolade354(m): 12:14am On Oct 08, 2015
iAmCharis:
So, you see nothing wrong with what the child did?
So when you were in age 2 to 6 you have already know the importance and value of money
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by flokii: 12:18am On Oct 08, 2015
Ishilove:

Danielle Whipple, a 24 year old single mother was arrested for beating her child who flushed their rent money down the toilet because she (the mum} refused to watch TV.

The woman's neighbours reported to the police because they heard the child crying and heard the sound of smacking. When police arrived at the scene, they found Whipple' child, whose gender and age was not released, with a black eye, a bleeding nose and a red handprint on the face.

Now, I am in no way in support of child abuse, but i want to throw it to Nairalanders: How would you react if your child deliberately flushed N162,000 house rent money down the toilet because you refused to watch a movie with him/her?

very simple..

na to go dump d child for one far away orphanage d next day..

wat rubbish..

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Cutehector(m): 1:06am On Oct 08, 2015
uboma:

@ topic, its actually a dicey situation but I will refrain from beating my child. The child doesn't know the value of the money, hence his silly action.

I will however explain to him the consequence we will face for his silly behaviour. I will also deprive him of some treats till I am able to raise more money for the rental fees.

There are better ways at correcting a child than simply using the rod all the time. Continuous use of the rod will eventually loose its intended corrective power...
wetin dis one dey yarn... Mchew... U will howeva explain to him d consequence we will face for his silly behavior... No worry na wen ur landlord pursue u comot for house u go rememba to beat am...

U forget hw hard it is to raise such kind of money in our dificult economy, especially if u borrowed d money frm friends to pay d rent

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 08, 2015
Blame the woman for not discipline the child. To discipline a child does not mean to flog like a cattle though.

If u punish a kid, make ur reasons known and let the kid understand why, avoid renting ur anger on a kid's attitude or flaws, u will only harden such kid.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by eyinjuege: 1:23am On Oct 08, 2015
DaBullIT:

You can't solve American Problem with Nigerian mentality

WORD!!!
In as much as one is tempted to slap the devil out of that child, beating a child in such anger usually results in fatal injuries to such a child. Let's not forget, children are not miniature adults. The slap an adult can take may cause a child grievous bodily harm.
That particularly child in question had a black eye, and bleeding from the nose from trauma. That's some form of head injury, he could have sustained a fracture of the facial bones or even worse.
When beating children, its best you beat them on the buttock, and mind what you use, preferably your hands. Beating children randomly anywhere may lead to you hitting them in vital body parts like the eyes etc.
That child will most likely be put in custody, and the woman will serve her punishment. She may never be able to spend time alone with her own child again, all because of blinding rage. The question now is was it all worth it?

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by alphaconde(m): 1:25am On Oct 08, 2015
Since na govt say make I no beat my pikin, I go report the pikin to govt, if govt no fit gimme the rent back. The pikin don die be that. Kpamkam

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by sonnie10: 1:55am On Oct 08, 2015
jaymejate:
4 naija o, walahi we go open the septic tank that day.

True if it was Nigeria, Unfortunately the drains are connected to the public main sewage, they can't be opened except by the city.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Folksyharry(m): 1:56am On Oct 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
That's what happens when you allow your children to have everything their way.

Modern day parents need to learn how to say "NO" and mean it.

If you allow you child/children to have everything their own way then expect disaster the first time you will say "No" to their request.

BTW, this kain thing no dey happen from the place I came from, cause.

1. Even rats no fit see where mumsy dey hide money.

2. Who give you time to watch television?

3. Who are you to say yes when mom said NO?

You can't nah.....

I know of a family that handled their son with kid gloves and let him have his way in everything. The boy is giving headache on per second billing now.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by ttmacoy: 2:20am On Oct 08, 2015
Serious issue. i think there are already underlying disciplinary issues with the child before this incident. Whilst I do not condone beating and leaving marks and all that, there are ways kids can be disciplined and kept in check.

There is a difference between punishing and disciplining a child, and beating a child out of anger and frustration like she did leaving him with a bleeding nose and black eye. i see it as a situation where she has allowed the boy too wide a boundary so when she refused to watch a movie with him he threw a tantrum and flushed owo rent down the drain. Gbese.

One question i have though, why is she keeping cash at home to pay the landlord?? Why isn't it done via direct debit from her bank to the landlords?

Having said all that, if it happened to me I will put on the tv and radio loud, take the child to the bathroom and run the bath so no one can hear anything then beat nonsense out of him so as Ndukings92 said he go know d different between six and half a dozen lol

Ishilove:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by uboma(m): 2:26am On Oct 08, 2015
Cutehector:
wetin dis one dey yarn... Mchew... U will howeva explain to him d consequence we will face for his silly behavior... No worry na wen ur landlord pursue u comot for house u go rememba to beat am...

U forget hw hard it is to raise such kind of money in our dificult economy, especially if u borrowed d money frm friends to pay d rent

How old are you? You come off as someone who is too young to understand my point of view.

Kindly note that the op asked a personal question, how will you react to such a situation? I have stated my personal views which I am not ready to debate with you.

So stick to your views and allow me stick to mine.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Dojupyo(f): 3:52am On Oct 08, 2015
Guys comment be like- I'll beat the child, even the DPO for my area go join beat small, some say dey go flush d pickin as im take flush d money. On top mata, some still yarn sey dey go open septic tank that day for 9ja grin... Una dey talk based on sey una be men, una sabi push let alone carry pickin for nine months . Forget dah thing, a mother no go do all ds ones, last last dey go beat am but im no go diegrin.. Obviously, the child is spoilt but what has happened has happened.. Next time, d mama go dey correct d guy wen necessary...
I don talk am as e dey my mind cool
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by ChynoBEATS: 4:20am On Oct 08, 2015
Ishilove:

Sheybi it happened in the u.s? Mxcheew thats how life is over there..their quest for liberty is taking its toll on them ......
Today child-right
2mrrw gay-right
Nxt-2mrrw sexual-right

Now there's no more respect for parental-right

Dis days everything over there is going left left

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by austinfab14(m): 4:31am On Oct 08, 2015
adedam007:
Am going to flush him d way he flushed my money down d drain
if ur in the village, u wuld hv become a native doctor #badmanthings hahahahaha
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by jomoh: 5:38am On Oct 08, 2015
uboma:

@ topic, its actually a dicey situation but I will refrain from beating my child. The child doesn't know the value of the money, hence his silly action.

I will however explain to him the consequence we will face for his silly behaviour. I will also deprive him of some treats till I am able to raise more money for the rental fees.

There are better ways at correcting a child than simply using the rod all the time. Continuous use of the rod will eventually loose its intended corrective power...

Explain what? To who?

Even a 12years old finds it hard to understand what rent truly means let alone a child that doesn't understand the value of money and the consequences of loosing it.

You don't reason with a child. You set standards and rules.

@Topic
What this woman did was not spanking. This is pure torture. Not even beating.

People need to understand the difference between Spanking, Beating, Punishment and Torture. All these things needs to be applied at their appropriate time. If not it won't serve its purpose. Only that torture is not meant for anyone but criminals.

This single mother went overboard. She reacted instead of responding.

What will happen if the child had died in the process of this torture. She would have lost in 3ways

The Money
Her Baby
& Her freedom

I wanted to add rent but I remembered she'll get a free rent+feeding in Prison.
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by sommyblaze(m): 6:01am On Oct 08, 2015
That child is an Ogbanje.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by Ndeewonu: 6:35am On Oct 08, 2015
Satan winning the war with all sorts of policies across the globe.

Nigeria...?

coming soon...
Re: What Would You Do In This Situation? by SFSNIPER(m): 6:35am On Oct 08, 2015
babythug:
This is not good at all....

I'd probably run out of the house onto the main street just to avoid reacting!!!!!!!!!!!!
With Your Moniker I Doubt You Will Pratice What You Preach.

As For Me, I'll Seriously Beat And Punish That Child But Not To The Extent Of Injuring Them. He/she Had That Guts Because He/she Was Brought Up That Way.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Goes Missing In Abuja (Photo) / Married But Feels Single. / How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.