Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Robotics - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Robotics (2373 Views)

200 Nigerian Students Trained On Robotics / Embedded Systems And Robotics In Nigeria / Intelligent Machines: Do We Really Need To Fear The Rise of Robotics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robotics by LORDDICE(m): 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
Good evening my fellow NLanders8). I ventured off into programming some months ago, and I must confess, it is really addictive, I decided 2 learn Python, because from d testimonies I saw on NL Python was obviously d beginners way. To cut d long story short, I am on Python. For a while now, the 6 hours of sleep I have are usually occupied by fantacies of programming. Now I am asking for your suggestions on which language(s) I should learn in order venture into Artificial Intelligence.
Pls help a friend nd brother.
Re: Robotics by ifex370(m): 5:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
JavaScript,, a bit of XML and then Android development
Re: Robotics by LORDDICE(m): 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
ifex370:
JavaScript,, a bit of XML and then Android development
tnx, i'll give it a try
Re: Robotics by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
C#
Re: Robotics by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
AI has it's own programming languages .learn c++,c# , html, html5 ,java, python, ruby, .net before AI programming language . The kits are expensive in Nigeria . https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programming_languages_for_artificial_intelligence
Re: Robotics by Ignaz(m): 9:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
proxy20:
AI has it's own programming languages .learn c++,c# , html, html5 ,java, python, ruby, .net before AI programming language . The kits are expensive in Nigeria . https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programming_languages_for_artificial_intelligence

this is heart shattering, sir
me and this OP share the same dreams grin

1 Like

Re: Robotics by LORDDICE(m): 7:01am On Oct 08, 2015
proxy20:
tnx
Re: Robotics by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 08, 2015
I read from various site like www.java2s.com and www.tutorialspoint.com
Re: Robotics by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 08, 2015
Ignaz:

this is heart shattering, sir
me and this OP share the same dreams grin

you can build a robot if only you are still in school as a group project work to gain national recognition and reduce spending . spending huge amounts for AI is a complete waste .This area is not appreciated in Nigeria , looking at the reality .
Re: Robotics by FincoApps(m): 9:01am On Oct 08, 2015
I don't get. Is AI not just making d computer act like it think. Any language or script can do that.... Except you mean robotics
Re: Robotics by Ignaz(m): 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
proxy20:

you can build a robot if only you are still in school as a group project work to gain national recognition and reduce spending . spending huge amounts for AI is a complete waste .This area is not appreciated in Nigeria , looking at the reality .

i get the point. but i don't know why i feel unperturbed still

FincoApps:
I don't get. Is AI not just making d computer act like it think. Any language or script can do that.... Except you mean robotics

i guess he meant robotics
Re: Robotics by FincoApps(m): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
Ignaz:

i guess he meant robotics

You mean "they meant robotics"? Because everyone here are giving the impression that AI has its own special language
Re: Robotics by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
ROBOTICS
Re: Robotics by LORDDICE(m): 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2015
no 1 actually gave me a convincing answer
Re: Robotics by FincoApps(m): 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2015
Reading your first post, all I understand is the best programming language for AI. Well you can use most.

I'm also trying to learn that aspect of computer science, been struggling with minimax algorithm to make my game intelligent . Also, I just discovered a topic called "Neural Networks", sounds interesting too
LORDDICE:
no 1 actually gave me a convincing answer
Re: Robotics by Petmac(m): 6:12pm On Oct 27, 2015
I'm working on mime tho' its a nice thought burr dude its far from what to study... its bout how you think innovatively... well you learn Python C# Java Erlang the learn Thermodynamics study Php too then you apply physics all this can achieve your dreams you can contact me and let's achieve mine together... 08179685649
Re: Robotics by LORDDICE(m): 9:55am On Oct 28, 2015
Petmac:
I'm working on mime tho' its a nice thought burr dude its far from what to study... its bout how you think innovatively... well you learn Python C# Java Erlang the learn Thermodynamics study Php too then you apply physics all this can achieve your dreams you can contact me and let's achieve mine together... 08179685649
sure. I am an intermediate in python nd php
Re: Robotics by anthropino: 9:25am On Jul 26, 2016
Straight away.

DONT LEARN ALL LANGUAGES. LEARN ALGORITHM.

Learn to implement algorithm in the language of your choice. You can learn the prog languages in the world but if you dont learn algorithm design you have learnt nothing.

To put it in Language of Leisersson " if you want to be good programmer learn programming lang for ten years or learn algorithm for 2 years"

Which one would you choose. By the way Leiserson is Author of the book "Introduction to Algorithm" which is a classic,

Though I recommend Algorithm design by Tardos as a favorite

1 Like

Re: Robotics by Dreadlord: 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
For A. I. You can check out a logic based programming language like prolog and a functional based programming language like haskel.

For Robotics, you can check out R.O. S(Robot operating System)
Re: Robotics by VenantCode(m): 10:45am On Jul 28, 2016
anthropino:
Straight away.

DONT LEARN ALL LANGUAGES. LEARN ALGORITHM.

Learn to implement algorithm in the language of your choice. You can learn the prog languages in the world but if you dont learn algorithm design you have learnt nothing.

To put it in Language of Leisersson " if you want to be good programmer learn programming lang for ten years or learn algorithm for 2 years"

Which one would you choose. By the way Leiserson is Author of the book "Introduction to Algorithm" which is a classic,

Though I recommend Algorithm design by Tardos as a favorite
This is exactly the point. The key is learning algorithms and my bro since you know python just focus on learning algorithms and implementing it in python and moreover you can also give erlang or haskell a try but algorithm is the key

1 Like

Re: Robotics by bot101(m): 8:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
Learn more about robot operating system. Can be implemented in windows, Linux, unix*, Android and even arduino and raspberry pi. I just started with it, and hopefully will go real deep.

(1) (Reply)

Social Earn - Is Social Earn Legit? Find Out If You Can Make $200 From Them. / Microsoft Access And Excel / Java: Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.