Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? (1169 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / The Prophecy Of Yahweh Against Otem: FAILED(Recharge Card Loading In Progress) / Atheism : The Actual Fulfillment Of This Prophecy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hello house, first I wanna start by saying I'm a fervent born again Christian and believe in every word from the bible, I'm a living witness to the bibles affirmations...
I was actually reading my bible as always and came across some passages in the bible, we're Christ made some prophecies, that didn't happen , or perhaps if at all it did, that means rapture has taken place, or still yet perhaps I didn't understand that portion very well, I'll really need like minds to examine this with me

Math 16: 27-28 (you can start from chapter 21, to understand better)
27 :For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

28 :Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

While jesus was talking to his disciples , he was telling them revelations on his return(second coming) to earth on the judgement day, and he categorically told them , that their generation shall not pass away (some of them will not die ) before he comes back... This was resonated in some other verses and chapters...

Mark 9 :1 (you can read from 8:31, to understand better)
And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Mark 13:30 (you can read from verse 3 , to understand better)
30:Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
31:Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

So from these passages, Christ stressed that the generation of his disciples, will see his return, however , it is obvious we have long past that generation, so could it be Judgement day has come n gone (and we don't know), or perhaps that prophesy of Christ didn't come to pass

Please I really need explanations,(please endeavour to read these chapters before commenting, it will make you comment more logically).... Thanks in advance...
Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by knuckbuck(m): 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
Who is Jess?
Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by NifemiOlu(m): 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
Sunday's FP
Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
knuckbuck:
Who is Jess?
jesus, it was autocorrect, I have fixed it....
Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by ifex370(m): 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
OP not their generation ( dem peter and Paul n James dem)

but the generation of the afore mentioned things __earthquakes ,rumours of war etc... wch is NOW...

u grab?

1 Like

Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
ifex370:
OP not their generation ( dem peter and Paul n James dem)

but the generation of the afore mentioned things __earthquakes ,rumours of war etc... wch is NOW...

u grab?
i donot sire, earthquakes, wars and rumours of war was happening before and during the existence of Christ...
Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
Religion is scam believe me!!

1 Like

Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by ifex370(m): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
Raymondenyi:
i donot sire, earthquakes, wars and rumours of war was happening before and during the existence of Christ...

how about "The abomination that causes desolation standing in the Holy place(spoken of by the prophet Daniel".

Earthquakes have never been this frequent till the 20th century **Over the month before that, there were 574 earthquakes globally of magnitude 4.5 or greater*

it has even tripled within the last 10years

understand

2 Likes

Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by JESUSSAVES2014: 6:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
sorry u said u are bornagain when u read the bible do u read it as a story or history book or as a WORD OF GOD FOR U. NOTE BIBLE IS NOT A STORY OR HISTORY BOOK BUT THE LIVING WORD OF GOD
Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
Keep waiting tongue
Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
JESUSSAVES2014:
sorry u said u are bornagain when u read the bible do u read it as a story or history book or as a WORD OF GOD FOR U. NOTE BIBLE IS NOT A STORY OR HISTORY BOOK BUT THE LIVING WORD OF GOD
u haven't said anything...
Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by johnw74: 2:08am On Oct 08, 2015
Raymondenyi:

Math 16: 27-28 (you can start from chapter 21, to understand better)
27 :For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

28 :Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

While jesus was talking to his disciples , he was telling them revelations on his return(second coming) to earth on the judgement day, and he categorically told them , that their generation shall not pass away (some of them will not die ) before he comes back... This was resonated in some other verses and chapters...

Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Six days after this Peter James and John did see Jesus in His Kingdom:

Mat 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
Mat 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
Mat 17:3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

1 Like

Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 08, 2015
johnw74:

Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Mat 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
Mat 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
Mat 17:3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

wow! Nice one, well done! What of the other verses I quoted.
Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 08, 2015
johnw74:

Nice work bro!
Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by johnw74: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2015
Raymondenyi:
wow! Nice one, well done! What of the other verses I quoted.

I agree with ifex370 on them
Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by ilsmiling(m): 11:41am On Oct 10, 2015
I dey observe o...
Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
Plus do
Re: Has Rapture Taken Place Or This Prophecy Of Jesus Was never Fulfilled ? by orisa37: 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
All these are conditions apparent to The Righteous to confirm them, and necessary for all Christians to qualify for the earthly and heavenly Jerusalem. It is also a forecast of the Transformation Revelation to John and the Godly Power of Christ revealing that He has conquered the world.

(1) (Reply)

Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? / Islamisation Of Nigeria : How Much Complete / My April Declaration.. If U Believe Type Amen!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.