Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,797 members, 7,802,552 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

#trekkingfromaccratolagos To Raise Funds For Idps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #trekkingfromaccratolagos To Raise Funds For Idps (421 Views)

Senators To Contribute N300k Each For IDPs & Rehabilitation Of North-East / Relief Materials For IDPs In Taraba Missing / Buhari Didn’t Use Public Funds For Presidential Campaign, Stop Calling For Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#trekkingfromaccratolagos To Raise Funds For Idps by Orikinla(m): 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
I am Hussaini Kwaifa, a staff of the Peoples Media Limited, publishers of Peoples Daily Newspaper.

Following the heavy onslaught of the Boko Haram insurgents in the North eastern part of my country, Nigeria and the massive displacement of people, including women and children otherwise called Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).

I have decided to help alleviate the suffering of the IDPs whom have been rendered homeless and hopeless by embarking on a trek from Accra in Ghana to Lagos in Nigeria to raise funds for the IDPs. Part of my mission is to create awareness on the plight of the IDPs. With this campaign (#TrekkingForIDPs), I hope to mobilize concerned individuals, organisation and institutions to come their aid.

For now this is the best idea and method I have come up with to raise funds to assist thousand of IDPs currently in my country, and to motivate the the general public to contribute financially or otherwise through these three (3) charity organization that support IDPSs namely ICICECENTER.ORG, Daily Trust (IDP) Relief Fund and ACECHARITYAFRICA.ORG. No fund or surpport for the IDPs should be channeled to me as an individual as my mission is selfless.

#InShaAllah I will begin my #TrekkingFromAccraToLagos on Saturday 10th of October, 2015 at 7am by Tema, Accra aroundabout Accra, Ghana.

I have always felt bad for the IDPs and I believe that together we can make their life better and also stop them from joining terrorist gangs, drug trafficking and prostitution.

Please, I urge the good citizens of Nigeria, Ghana other W/African countries and international community to contribute to the IDPs upkeep.

Finally I need your prayers for my safety while I trek back to my lovely country, Nigeria. Thank you.

To make your donation these are the account details below:

You can make your online donation on ACECHARITYAFRICA.ORG/DONATE

Account Name: Daily Trust (IDP) Relief Fund

First Bank: 2028620800

GTBank: 0175835101;

Jaiz Bank: 0001706242;

Union Bank: 0045259464.

Account Name: ICICE CARE

Jaiz Bank: 0001338599

Sort Code: 301080000

Sterling Bank: 0500242880

To get my update these are my social media handles:

Re: #trekkingfromaccratolagos To Raise Funds For Idps by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
Brb

(1) (Reply)

What Nigerians Expect From The National Assembly On Ministerial List / Omereji Commission: N53bn Diverted By Amaechi’s Administration In Rivers / Election Tribunal Chairman Proclaims “death” Upon Bribe Takers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.