Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch (26555 Views)

Buhari Meets Saraki Again In London / Oyegun Meets Saraki, APC Senators For Reconciliation / How FG Plans To Deal With Dogara, Others Over Budget Padding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by captianfreeman(m): 7:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari will this evening meet with the leadership of both the Senate and the House of Representatives.

President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, are expected to lead the lawmakers to the meeting scheduled to start at 9pm.

The agenda of the meeting, which will hold at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, is not yet known.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-meets-saraki-dogara-others-tonight/

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Bambless1(m): 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2015
Brothers in..............?
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Kasiem2: 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2015
Silently, it is beginning to dawn on the old man that we've gone past that era of dictatorship. If his "noisemakers" were clothed with "integrity" just like his saintly self, why trying to lobby the legislators again?

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by kolomax(m): 7:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by warrior01: 7:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
To bribe them? I thought he doesn't wanna have anything to do with Saraki till after his trials? Now he needs Saraki to help with his Selected "faces of corruption"

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
What else will be on the agenda other than screening of ministers. They should tell the president that he made us wait all this while, promising to appoint only people who are not corrupt in his government so there will be no deals as regards screening.
Each and everyone of the nominees should be prepared to face their petitions and questions and defend themselves with cogent and verifiable facts. There is no sacred cow. Fashola should defend himself by his own mouth on the website expenditure. Amaechi should infact be given a whole day to explain himself. Kemi Adeosun should answer the petitions.

If this is an truly an era of change, then we say NO to "bow and go".

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Dannyset(m): 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
Another reason why you shouldn't be abobaku of any politician. They will always meet behind closed doors to settle differences. There are leverages all over the place, hence the need for a round table.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by sirfemoz(m): 7:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
Lobbying things.. #WewatchtheNation

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Blastos(m): 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
Saraki... Tht screening must be thorough oooo... Sipping my bobo and watching CHANGE season 11

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by BCISLTD: 7:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
angry big lie

Check my signature Call or whatsapp
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Tallesty1(m): 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2015
warrior01:
To bribe them? I thought he doesn't wanna have anything to do with Saraki till after his trials? Now he needs Saraki to help with his Selected "faces of corruption"
Could be that he has distanced himself once again@Emboldened.........

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by uchedydy: 7:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
I would comment soon.
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by fratermathy(m): 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
That tonight that's being emphasised makes it look like an occult meeting.

That said, I think PMB is a weak politician. He's a better military ruler than a democratic president. Although he's a good man and a good leader, he lacks political force and some of the strong men, stakeholders and lawmakers are aware of this. I hope he learns how to use the POWER OF THE PRESIDENCY fast before they ridicule him or his office.

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by damton(m): 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
Good .consultation and deliberations are important ingredients of a good democratic dispensation.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by warrior01: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
Tallesty1:
Could be that he has distanced himself once again@Emboldened.........

It shows us he's a liar and a # hypocrite

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Built2last: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
If only many Nigerians understand the power Saraki weilds while holding that gavel. Till he is convicted, PMB and APC needs him like Kilode. He can suspend any ministerial nominee on the basis of existing petition till further notice....

Democracy is working if you ask me.

8 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by hajlat(m): 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
Waiting for the outcome of the meeting.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by DIVINE78: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
Saraki to resign else Buhari’s anti corruption drive will grind to a halt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by KingsleyCEO: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
Bubu has realise is time to beg

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Isiterere(m): 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
PMB +mere senator+ mere honorable = Politicking.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by ammyluv2002(f): 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
I don't care undecided
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Lincoln275(m): 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
My own be say make dem find solution to dz insurgency

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Adonispco: 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
Gonna be interesting!
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by anytexy: 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
IHahahahahahah. I just dey laugh. who is fooling who?
Ministerial "Noise Makers.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Emekamex(m): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
Looks like Buhari is going to ask for soft landing for his minsiters abi angels.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
Good
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by sirugos(m): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
Buhari thought that politics of 1984 is still the same of 2015. He would have concentrated on his body language and see himself been rubbished by this young politicians. Change ko

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ok that's good. Ameachi must be made a minister by thunder by force

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by Flashh: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
Baba we are waiting...

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Meets Saraki, Dogara, Others Tonight - Punch by pejuakinab: 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
The powers that be...baba is still in charge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rinsola Abiola (@bint_moshood) Dumps APC / Osita Okechukwu Replies Tinubu: ‘Osho-Virus’ Behind APC Crisis / 2023: North Will Pay You Back – Governor Badaru Tells Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.