Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,782 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Zero Rate App Launched In Nigeria By Jumia, MTN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Zero Rate App Launched In Nigeria By Jumia, MTN (1267 Views)

4 Reasons Why Ladies Block Their Last Seen On Whatsapp By Jumia Travel / MTN Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Free App Launched,You Can Now Win Money Online / Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zero Rate App Launched In Nigeria By Jumia, MTN by Tbillz(m): 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
To reduce data costs and boost e-commerce in Nigeria, Jumia,
an online shopping destination has launched its free internet
service with MTN. This means it will not charge users of its
mobile network for the data they consume while using the
Jumia app.
Image via 123RF
According to Google Africa, 76% of its users access Google
via their mobile device.
"The figure for Jumia is quite similar, with 70% of users
accessing Jumia on their phone and a significant number
through the app with 255% more app downloads on both iOS
and Android in the first 6 months of 2015 than the entire year
of 2014. In order to provide the best customer experience, it is
time for Jumia to make its services available for more people,
anywhere at anytime," says Nicolas Martin, CEO Jumia
Nigeria.
Advertisement
The greatest barrier to extending internet mobile access in
Africa is the cost of data. In Lagos, one gigabyte of data on
mobile networks-the only means of accessing the internet for
most-is about $12. With this in mind, Jumia has been rolling
out initiatives to bring down the cost of connectivity to provide
people with full access to online shopping through jumia.com
without data charges.
The app is free to download and surf on with over 150,000
products waiting to be selected. Android, Blackberry, and iOS
smartphones can now browse the website via the mobile app
with no data charges. Other sites available through the app
include Jovago, Africa's hotel booking online platform and
Kaymu, #1 online shopping community in Africa.
For more information, go to http://jumia.com .

source: http://m.bizcommunity.com/Article.aspx?l=410&c=78&i=135598
Re: Zero Rate App Launched In Nigeria By Jumia, MTN by Roidatom(m): 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
Lie!
Another MTN's scam to zap people's hard earned money. With an android phone, once data is on, Jumia or no Jumia, your 'ego' is going. Except you want to shop with Jumia when you don't have credit if not your credit belongs to MTN.
I no believe them.
Re: Zero Rate App Launched In Nigeria By Jumia, MTN by lekjons(m): 7:58am On Oct 08, 2015
Roidatom:
Lie!
Another MTN's scam to zap people's hard earned money. With an android phone, once data is on, Jumia or no Jumia, your 'ego' is going. Except you want to shop with Jumia when you don't have credit if not your credit belongs to MTN.
I no believe them.
it's true.

but it has a data cap of 10mb per day..
Re: Zero Rate App Launched In Nigeria By Jumia, MTN by Nelson21(m): 10:21am On Oct 08, 2015
lekjons:
it's true.

but it has a data cap of 10mb per day..

Yes, but if at all your gonna make use of it, make sure your account balance is empty.

3 Likes

Re: Zero Rate App Launched In Nigeria By Jumia, MTN by Roidatom(m): 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nelson21:

Yes, but if at all your gonna make use of it, make sure your account balance is empty.

You're Absolutely right!
That's why I said it's a scam.
Re: Zero Rate App Launched In Nigeria By Jumia, MTN by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
Roidatom:

You're Absolutely right!
That's why I said it's a scam.
It's not scam. Remember android O.S has other background applications running without your knowledge so the best option is not have airtime on your phone
Re: Zero Rate App Launched In Nigeria By Jumia, MTN by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
Works perfectly on my SAS..free 10mb everyday.
Re: Zero Rate App Launched In Nigeria By Jumia, MTN by lekjons(m): 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nelson21:

gringrin Trust MTN, even if you subscribe with ur money, and want to browse, you still need to make sure ur acct. bal is empty, even when ur data is intact.. MTN sucks..
Re: Zero Rate App Launched In Nigeria By Jumia, MTN by Roidatom(m): 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
asuustrike2009:

It's not scam. Remember android O.S has other background applications running without your knowledge so the best option is not have airtime on your phone

They called it 'Zero rate app.' That's the scam.
Re: Zero Rate App Launched In Nigeria By Jumia, MTN by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
Roidatom:

They called it 'Zero rate app.' That's the scam.
All the GSM operator are guilty especially lying. So you can forget the offer because me can't fall for their trap

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please What Do People Achieve Playing Games In Their Mobile Or Psp / Five Android Battery Life Savers / How To Root Galaxy Note 3 Neo SM-N7505 On Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.