Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) (35313 Views)

Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members / Governor Dickson, Makarfi & Other PDP Members Meet In Abuja (pics) / Salary And Allowances Of NASS Members Revealed At Last - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by kahal29: 3:19am On Oct 08, 2015
Senate President and Chairman of the National Assembly, Dr. Bukola Saraki, yesterday night, led no fewer than 20 members of the upper and lower chambers, to a first official meeting between President Muhammadu Buhari and the leaders of both houses of the federal parliament, since assuming office on May 29, 2015.

The rare nocturnal meeting between the principal leaders of the Executive and Legislative arms of government held at the First Lady’s conference room in the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Sources said the meeting was slated to enable President Buhari enlist the support of the NASS leadership for the 2015 supplementary budget, as well as to familiarise with the lawmakers, especially as he will count on the support of upper chamber to confirm the ministerial nominees he sent last Friday.

Present at the meeting were President Muhammadu Buhari; Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo; Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari; Senate President, Bukola Saraki; Speaker, House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara; Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio; House Majority Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila among other principal officers of the red and green chambers.

See photos that show the jolly good mood of the meeting:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/photos-see-faces-of-nass-members-saraki-led-to-meet-with-buhari/

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by oismail(m): 3:21am On Oct 08, 2015
Face-off

5 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by Sanchez01: 3:40am On Oct 08, 2015
The president is always seen laughing really hard with people in some of his pictures. A man who admonished that no Nigerian should fear him, it's quite amazing how he ends up having a field day among his many political "frienemies". The meeting concludes the decision of the Senate.

God keep, protect and bless PMB/VPYOgrin

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by Sanchez01: 3:42am On Oct 08, 2015
Somebody please tell me I'm not the only one seeing the ML, Goodswill Akpabio in the last picture! shocked

4 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by donholy28(m): 3:43am On Oct 08, 2015
OK we have seen their faces, what next?
Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by gladiolus: 3:46am On Oct 08, 2015
Efrebo you go wound ooo. That second pic, now that's how you pose when you want to snap. I too like the BABA always on point. Eyi wailersi come and waili oo food don ready

5 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by omazus: 3:53am On Oct 08, 2015
Reality dawning on baba. I thought he saidbhebwont recognise Saraki until he is cleared and obey party instruction.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by NextGovernor(m): 4:00am On Oct 08, 2015
Begging them for soft landing on his appointees. Is that not corruption itself. If due procedure are followed, 90% won't be approved by the Senate because of their past deeds.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by xreal: 5:13am On Oct 08, 2015
Most of these guys are really getting the promotion.

I mean from pick-pockets to armed robbers

all na promotion.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by kunzo: 5:18am On Oct 08, 2015
Case closed
Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by lurther: 5:19am On Oct 08, 2015
Chai!!!

Buhari just deceived Tinubu.

Tinubu does not have influence in the national assembly like he envisaged and wanted. Buhari kept mute about that. As if that was not enough, Buhari did not even consider any slot for Tinubu and his loyalists on the ministerial list. Even OBJ was considered in the input of ministers.

Infact Buhari went as far nominating Tinubu's enemies Fashola and Fayemi to help checkmate Tinubu's excesses in the southwest.

Why do I have the feeling that Buhari would create a new ministry called ministry of lagos and hand that portfolio over to Fashola.

Seeing this picture alone where Buhari, Saraki and Tinubu's mere commisioner laughing will give Tinubu hypertension.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by Beremx(f): 5:25am On Oct 08, 2015
My ever smiling President. grin

God bless you Sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by hinwazaka: 5:30am On Oct 08, 2015
After granting interviews where he made unguarded statements about the Senate President, he has now, like a good DOG come back to play. What happened to waiting till the courts hand out their judgement. He keeps thinking he has POWER, but every time he is resoundly trashed and humbled. FOOL of the year, keep deceiving yourself. And for those, who think, anything good can come out of this, for the President, think again. SARAKI now knows how low the bamboo can bend, so next time he wants something, he will just lower the bamboo once more.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by BCISLTD: 5:38am On Oct 08, 2015
Osinbajo is a seasoned lawyer(prof)...so I'm guessing this meeting was really needed. ....I'm sure PMB is being advised correctly.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by banki(m): 6:00am On Oct 08, 2015
NextGovernor:
Begging them for soft landing on his appointees. Is that not corruption itself. If due procedure are followed, 90% won't be approved by the Senate because of their past deeds.

Are you serious? That means by the past deeds of the senators NONE of them would even be there to screen anybody!

Or can you tell me ONE senator whose past deeds is clean enough to challenge any ministerial nomine?

Is it TA orji or kashamu or ekwunife or Stella odua or akpabio or borriface or remi tinubu or. Bukola saraki? Or danjuma goje?

22 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 08, 2015
NextGovernor:

That is how it is done in the United State of America which we copy democracy from. The president of united state always lobby d senate to confirm his nominee. That is proper democracy.

Please u need to study international politics.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by Aufbauh(m): 6:20am On Oct 08, 2015
I thought those unrepentant wailers were speculating that the meeting was called for PMB to beg Saraki(the anticipator) & Co to provide a soft landing for his ministerial nominees .... bunch of cry babies.
Remember the Lion(PMB) does not beg for food in the jungle hence all of his ministerial nominees will return with the unanimous approval of the Senate.

"Conspicuously missing in the meeting is the deputy senate President Ike Ekweremadu (The man who want to reap where he did not sow)". He should go to Otueke and attend his meeting because he's not needed in the camp.

Meanwhile, PMB is setting the stage much more earlier than the event planner in budgeting shows that he mean serious business come 2016.

8 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by WHOcarex: 6:22am On Oct 08, 2015
Why PMB and Saraki come dey romance this period?
Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by unitysheart(m): 6:25am On Oct 08, 2015
See your shambolic analysis. To you, it is all about Tinubu. You think there's permanent enemy in politics, right? Politics is more like the more you look the less you see. There's permanent interest not permanent enemies in politics.

lurther:
Chai!!!

Tinubu does not have influence in the national assembly like he envisaged and wanted. Buhari kept mute about that. As if that was not enough, Buhari did not even consider any slot for Tinubu and his loyalists on the ministerial list. Even OBJ was considered in the input of ministers.

Infact Buhari went as far nominating Tinubu's enemies Fashola and Fayemi to help checkmate Tinubu's excesses in the southwest.

Why do I have the feeling that Buhari would create a new ministry called ministry of lagos and hand that portfolio over to Fashola.

Seeing this picture alone where Buhari, Saraki and Tinubu's mere commisioner laughing will give Tinubu hypertension.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by omowolewa: 6:27am On Oct 08, 2015
Following events and actions. Hope that judge in CCT is watching baba's body language?

3 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by frankyychiji(f): 6:40am On Oct 08, 2015
Sanchez01:
The president is always seen laughing really hard with people in some of his pictures. A man who admonished that no Nigerian should fear him, it's quite amazing how he ends up having a field day among his many political "frienemies". The meeting concludes the decision of the Senate.

God keep, protect and bless PMB/VPYOgrin
You are trying too hard to make light of the situation Buhari found himself. I thought he was the emperor? The person that advised him to lobby these strongmen of the hallowed chamber remains his best friends, otherwise, the senators would have dealt severely with him for deceiving Nigerians with his anti-corruption song only to turn back and send a list of 21 condemned criminals as ministers-elect.
Having said that, Some very blatant thieves in that list must not scale through if the world is to take Buharis campaign against corruption serious.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by ministeriallist: 6:46am On Oct 08, 2015
Awon omo wobe wobe
Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 08, 2015
PMB gat no choice in the end

3 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by frankyychiji(f): 6:49am On Oct 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
SARAKI now knows how low the bamboo can bend, so next time he wants something, he will just lower the bamboo once more.
You are a true son of your father. You captured the mood perfectly well.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by dridowu: 6:51am On Oct 08, 2015
frankyychiji:
You are trying too hard to make light of the situation Buhari found himself. I thought he was the emperor? The person that advised him to lobby these strongmen of the hallowed chamber remains his best friends, otherwise, the senators would have dealt severely with him for deceiving Nigerians with his anti-corruption song only to turn back and send a list of 21 condemned criminals as ministers-elect.
Having said that, Some very blatant thieves in that list must not scale through if the world is to take Buharis campaign against corruption serious.
@bolded, can you please name.
Lest i forget every names on the list are still innocent of charges against them until Nigeria Judiciary fine them guilty of the charges.

Accusing on the pages of newspaper, nairaland, social media e.t.c will tantamount to nothing.

God Bless Our Hustle

God Bless Nigeria
lurther:
Chai!!!

If you call Fayemi and Fashola , Tinubu enemies, what will you call Bode George , Omisore or Fayose , Satan i guess.

Fashola and Fayemi will always be Tinubu loyalist till death.

Yes, Tinubu did not nominate them (Fayemi/Fashola) but don't forget Tinubu cannot nominate every member of his loyalist, he can only nominate few.

Even you , if you have that opportunity you can only nominate few , not that you hate others but you just have to follow the rules.

God Bless Our Hustle

God Bless Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by 989900: 6:57am On Oct 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
[s]After granting interviews where made unguarded statements about the Senate President, he has now, like a good DOG come back to play. What happened to waiting till the courts hand out their judgement. He keeps thinking he has POWER, but every time he is resoundly trashed and humbled. FOOL of the year, keep deceiving yourself. And for those, who think, anything good can come out of this, for the President, think again. SARAKI now knows how low the bamboo can bend, so next time he wants something, he will just lower the bamboo once more.[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by frankyychiji(f): 7:01am On Oct 08, 2015
dridowu:

Lest i forget every names on the list are still innocent of charges against them until Nigeria Judiciary fine them guilty of the charges.

Accusing on the pages of newspaper, nairaland, social media e.t.c will tantamount to nothing.

God Bless Our Hustle

God Bless Nigeria
grin I purposely didn't want to call names. I figured it was too early to fight with the murderous janjaweeid. Besides, I have been purging all night probably due to something i ate which the system has rejected embarassed. So, dridowu, allow to nurse myself jejely.
Allison Madueke is innocent until proven guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction as no amount of propaganda and media prosecution can....

6 Likes

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by frankyychiji(f): 7:02am On Oct 08, 2015
dridowu:

God Bless Our Hustle

God Bless Nigeria
grin I purposely didn't want to call names. I figured it was too early to fight with the murderous janjaweeid. Besides, I have been purging all night probably due to something i ate which the system has rejected embarassed. So, dridowu, allow me to nurse myself jejely.
Allison Madueke is innocent until proven guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction as no amount of propaganda and media prosecution can....
Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by dayo23(f): 7:04am On Oct 08, 2015
kahal29:
Senate President and Chairman of the National Assembly, Dr. Bukola Saraki, yesterday night, led no fewer than 20 members of the upper and lower chambers, to a first official meeting between President Muhammadu Buhari and the leaders of both houses of the federal parliament, since assuming office on May 29, 2015.
The rare nocturnal meeting between the principal leaders of the Executive and Legislative arms of government held at the First Lady’s conference room in the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Sources said the meeting was slated to enable President Buhari enlist the support of the NASS leadership for the 2015 supplementary budget, as well as to familiarise with the lawmakers, especially as he will count on the support of upper chamber to confirm the ministerial nominees he sent last Friday.
Present at the meeting were President Muhammadu Buhari; Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo; Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari; Senate President, Bukola Saraki; Speaker, House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara; Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio; House Majority Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila among other principal officers of the red and green chambers.
See photos that show the jolly good mood of the meeting:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/photos-see-faces-of-nass-members-saraki-led-to-meet-with-buhari/
Saraki trying hard to be a good pal of Mr President, Saraki is only wasting his time, he should go clear himself at the CCT, EFCC, and election tribunal. No amount of begging will help him

1 Like

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by Ghandi12: 7:08am On Oct 08, 2015
Way to go! As at today these are the people that have been legally mandated to manage the affairs of the nation - nothing extraordinary in the meeting and pictures.
People have their individual issues to sort out but, collectively, we still have to move forward as a nation. People with individual issues will sort them out as legally required by the law of the land.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by aminho(m): 7:12am On Oct 08, 2015
Laughing gas
Re: Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) by hinwazaka: 7:13am On Oct 08, 2015
atbu1983:

That is how it is done in the United State of America which we copy democracy from. The president of united state always lobby d senate to confirm his nominee. That is proper democracy.

Please u need to study international politics.
Lobby /verb/ to try to influence a politician or the government and for example, persuade them to support or oppose a change in the law

Beg/ verb/ to ask somebody for something especially in an anxious way because you want or need it very much

The president is BEGGING. After slighting the senate leadership, and testing strengths, he found out that he that is in SARAKI, his 100 times more powerful that he that is in his partnership with that useless Lagos tout. BEGGY-BEGGY BUHARI!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel Emerges Chairman Of Southeast-Southsouth Governors’ Forum / Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' / APC Governors Angry Over Tinubu’s Choice Of Shettima, To Meet Buhari Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.