Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

EFCC Probes Centenary City Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Probes Centenary City Project (15208 Views)

EFCC Probes Buhari’s Ministers For Corruption / EFCC Probes Award Of 10 Contracts In 24 Hours / EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by egift(m): 5:31am On Oct 08, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has commenced investigation into a petition alleging corruption in the Cente-nary City Project initiated by the administration of former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

The anti-graft agency, Tuesday, invited the petitioners, who are operating under the aegis of Nigerian Unemployed Youth Vanguard, NUYV, to furnish it with information that would help it nail some top government officials in the previous administra-tion, who were said to have used the project as a conduit pipe to siphon public funds.

The initiative of the past government was meant to be a monument to commemorate Nigeria’s 100 years of nationhood.

Meanwhile, the petitioners, led by their National Coordinator, Mr. Solomon Adodo, while briefing newsmen after their meeting with EFCC investigators, said they were satisfied that those involved in the alleged fraud would be punished accordingly.

It will be recalled that erstwhile Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, had earlier asked a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory to award him N2 billion as general and aggravated damage for insults he said he had received over the Centenary City Project that was hitherto under his supervision.

Anyim, in two separate suits through his lawyer, Chief Mike Ozehkome (SAN), told the court that he had been called many derogatory names such as “419ner,” “fraudster” and “corrupt former SGF,” among others.

The ex-SGF wants the court to compel the National Vice Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (South-South), Dr. Cairo Ojougboh, and Deputy National Publicity Secretary of All Progressives Congress, Mr. Timi Frank, to retract the said damaging stories and apologise to him in six major dailies.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/efcc-probes-centenary-city-project/

cc: lalasticlala, Afam4eva, OAM4J

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by Melahou(m): 5:54am On Oct 08, 2015
More canker worms

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by Republlican(f): 5:57am On Oct 08, 2015
The bible can never lie.

"Good name is better than Silver and Gold" proverbs 22:1

See how Anyim has been ridiculed, all in the name of stealing wealth meant for our poor unemployed youths.
www.twitter.com/lingeriecity

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by egift(m): 6:02am On Oct 08, 2015
Our man Pius Anyim is in the centre of this one. Someone should keep an eye on him before he jets off to Iceland to live among the Eskimos. grin grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by mysteriousman(m): 6:04am On Oct 08, 2015
Hmm.. this is interesting
Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by SkyBlue1: 6:05am On Oct 08, 2015
Suddenly EFCC has realised what its independent responsibility is. This is refreshing but I hope it doesn't go the way of the OBJ and Ribadu years when we heard of much probing without results or jail terms. We want a genuine and ultimately EFFECTIVE fight against corruption, good intentions are not enough anymore.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by greatness22(m): 6:11am On Oct 08, 2015
Na evrytin EFCC wan probe sef? mtchewww

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by egift(m): 6:13am On Oct 08, 2015
When the source of a stream is dirty, the entire strean will be bad. But when the head is good, everything else fall in line.

In Buhari, we understand what King Solomon meant: "A good name is better than many riches".

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by tyson99(m): 6:14am On Oct 08, 2015
oga oo everyone is nnow working hardgrin
Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by warrior01: 6:35am On Oct 08, 2015
Lol....at investigation. With all the avalanche of petitions against Fashola and Amaechi, when are they going to be investigated or is it just limited to Gej's government? Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 08, 2015
Pius Anyim Pius former secretary to Jonathan has sufficient details to prosecute those involved.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by WHOcarex: 6:37am On Oct 08, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by Aufbauh(m): 6:39am On Oct 08, 2015
"The truth is more important than the fact" - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Ayim should better hide his face in shame for manipulating the clueless one and conniving with investors to steal from the government he was part of.
Typical Nigeria politician will always run to SAN with the looted tax payer's money to defend his loot and plays to the gallery of seeking claims for damages of his 'hard earned reputation' so as to appease his gullible supporters.
If he's innocent, let the court through prosecution decides instead of raising unwarranted alarm.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by LastProphet: 6:40am On Oct 08, 2015
a 2 bedroom apartment in that city is 110million, i repeat 110million. that was one of the legacies the hero of Otuoke left for poor unemployed Nigerian populace. before that area was allocated to the developers land there was not more than 750k.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by egift(m): 6:41am On Oct 08, 2015
warrior01:
Lol....at investigation. With all the avalanche of petitions against Fashola and Amaechi, when are they going to be investigated or is it just limited to Gej's government? Yeye dey smell

PDP are writing petition because they have no shred of evidence (remember they were the FG when the accusation is presumably carried out). If PDP have proof their lies has any atom of truth, they should be going to court not NOT writing some useless gibberish.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:42am On Oct 08, 2015
What is the difference between the petitioners "Unemployed Youth Vanguard" and Nairaland APC Touts?

I opened the thread to see a well articulated and indisputable points of reference that illegality and abuse of privileges were established and prevalent in the project but saw nothing.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by egift(m): 6:45am On Oct 08, 2015
[s]
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
What is the different between Unemployed Youth Vanguard and Nairaland APC Touts?

I opened the thread to see a well articulated and indisputable points of reference that illegality and abuse of privileges were established and prevalent in the project but saw nothing.
[/s]

And how does what you wrote now "prevalent in the centenary project"?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by warrior01: 6:45am On Oct 08, 2015
egift:

PDP are writing petition because they have no shred of evidence (remember they were the FG when the accusation is presumably carried out). If PDP have proof their lies has any atom of truth, they should be going to court not NOT writing some useless gibberish.

You said they lack evidence? Are you for real? What happened to all the evidences against Fashola? Some even pull some off from the websites. You should be ashamed of yourself. Okay, what's the evidence against Ayim?

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by sammyj: 6:46am On Oct 08, 2015
GEJ and the former SFG are in the center of this and should be probed and jailed if found guilty!!! angry

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by egift(m): 6:50am On Oct 08, 2015
warrior01:

You said they lack evidence? Are you for real? What happened to all the evidences against Fashola? Some even pull some off from the websites. You should be ashamed of yourself. Okay, what's the evidence against Ayim?

Bros if PDP has evidence and not speculations and gossips, they should go to court and remain there. This is democracy, or they don't want to put their money where their mouth is? grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:51am On Oct 08, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

And how does what you wrote now "prevalent in the centenary project"?

Get lost and don't quote me, Mr data fraudster, I wouldn't tag you "corrupt" but "a thief" you are that need public lynching and capital punishment. You represent darkside of Nigeria. You are not only a hypocrite but also a white sepulcher full of rotten and stinking bones.

Tell your principals and their media propagandists to save Nigeria and start the business of governance.

A lot has already gone under.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by egift(m): 7:00am On Oct 08, 2015
[s]
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Get lost and don't quote me, Mr data fraudster, I wouldn't tag you "corrupt" but "a thief" you are that need public lynching and capital punishment. You represent darkside of Nigeria.

Tell your principals and their media propagandists to save Nigeria and start the business of governance.

A lot has already gone under.
[/s]

Try something better - your Wailing is a minimum of 20yrs. We have gotten to Anyim Chapter. We are keeping an eye on him - no escaping.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by LastProphet: 7:03am On Oct 08, 2015
if you are on this thread dont forget that foools still follow Jonathan and that the most foolish people in your office, your family, your neighbourhood are ready to die for Jonathan who did nothing but impoverish them for another 3 generations. a place where land was not up to 1m becomes a place where 2 bedroom apartment is priced at 110million - yes i said 110million, and yet some incredible morooons are still asking for evidence? any body that is not a billionaire that is supporting Jonathan must be a condemned fooool, even billionaires like Edwin clark retired from supporters club yesterday and yet some hopeless recharge card sellers and shopkeepers think they have a point supporting clueless GEJ

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:05am On Oct 08, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

Try something better - your Wailing is a minimum of 20yrs. We have gotten to Anyim Chapter. We are keeping an eye on him - no escaping.

Get off my handle, you economic saboteur.

A known thief like you want to preach anti-corruption. Look for mirror and hide yourself in shame.

You no dey shame. Devil incarnate
Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by egift(m): 7:09am On Oct 08, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Get off my handle

Or what? You start wailing? Cry me a river. Sadist.

It is Sai Buhari all the way! The Wailers can bark till 2043 grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by permsec: 7:14am On Oct 08, 2015
warrior01:
No mind them. who is probing the prober? Larmode is the biggest joke eva known by mankind.
Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by kennyman2000(m): 7:39am On Oct 08, 2015
Hmmmm..
Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by aieromon(m): 8:38am On Oct 08, 2015
Hon. Cairo Ojougbo was a National Assembly lawmaker and self-confessed anti-corruption crusader. In this interview with BODE OLAGOKE, he exposes what he calls fraud in the execution of the Centenary City project in Abuja and calls for proper investigation

What is your reaction to some of the things the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation [SGF], Chief Anyim Pius Anyim, said concerning the controversy surrounding the Centenary City project?
May be we have to start from where he said he had no hand in it.
He had plenty hands in it. Anyim is the owner of the Centenary City. What Anyim did was to incorporate the Centenary City, with two off the shelf companies-Basic Start and Company First. These two companies have 125 million shares each. So that is 250 million shares out of the one billion shares of the Centenary City. The remaining, Anyim would have for himself, in the name of Mulak Ventures Ltd. and another company called Precious Integrated. That is how Anyim came to own the entire Centenary City. Anyim duped government. There was a military base where the Centenary City is supposed to be today. That military base was transferred at the cost of N2billion. Federal Government paid.

Paid to who?
Government paid for the relocation of the military base. The Federal Government paid to the Ministry of Defence. Anyim was supposed to pay N6 billion for the Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) for the Centenary City. He did not pay. He was given a waiver. Anyim has paid for everything concerning the Centenary City, from his private account of Mulak Ventures. Anyim issued the Centenary City License, through the M/D (Managing Director) of NEPZA, without the knowledge of the Board.
For you to have a free zone, you will register the land and get the C of O and give it to NEPZA. Ask Anyim where the Certificate of Occupancy of the Centenary City is. It is in the Bank Vault where Anyim used it to obtain loan. Application for the Centenary City as a free zone, the Board never knew of it, the Board never saw it. Nigerians in fact, did not know that the Centenary City was a free zone until we received a petition from Dino Melaye, who informed us that the Centenary City was a free zone.
We asked the MD and he said, if we want any answer, we should go and ask Anyim. We went to Anyim and he said well, it has been licensed, that it is within his power as SGF to order that the license be given. We now said no, you don’t have that power. We told him that this will cost Nigeria massively. We will lose three million jobs. We will lose investments, our industries will die, cement will be imported into the country free of charge, common manual laborers will and everybody will come into the country free of charge if that place is licensed as a free zone. I never asked Anyim for one penny. I never had a meeting with him, I never asked anybody to go and negotiate with him.

If Anyim said I asked him for money, he should have proof. Everything I am telling so, I have proof.The Immediate past Minister for Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Adoke wrote a letter to the then President, telling him that it is illegal for the Centenary City to be a free zone. What else do you want me to do?I have a document where Ayim , in his office, got approval for a N9billion contract for Ecological fund contract.Two days later, Anyim increased it, from N9billion to N12billion. The difference of N3 billion was paid to Anyim. That was what Anyim paid to Mulak Ventures. That is how Mulak Ventures has been financing the Centenary City.

There is no N8billion investment coming from anybody. The Alaba that he is talking about has not brought in one penny. Ask the Central Bank. There is no one penny of foreign investment that has come. All that Anyim is using is the proceeds of loot from his office. He looted the Ecological Fund, he looted the NDDC. Anyim awarded his own company, Precious Integrated Services, contract for N1.4 billion, for software in his office. It is in the Senate Report, presented by Senator Abaribe.

This Ecological Fund you are talking about, where was it meant for?
It was meant for a dam and erosion control, fictitious erosion control in Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. The documents are there. And I have told the Government of Buhari that the biggest scam this country has ever seen is the Centenary City.

Is the M/D of NEPZA not an accomplice in this scam as you call it?
We have always said so. We have told the Federal Government, in our petition we have written, the M/D of NEPZA should be asked to produce the approval that the Board gave him to license the Free Zone. If he cannot, then he too should be tried for criminal breach of trust.
Anyim has also accused you of fighting him because you were removed as the Chairman of NEPZA?
Why was I removed as Chairman of NEPZA? It was because I told him that it was illegal. If I were a criminal, will he remove me from Chairman of NEPZA and post me to another Board? No.

He sent me to another because he knew I was telling him the truth. He knew he could not corrupt me because he knows I am a soldier of truth. Apart from being a Catholic, the only other association I belong in this World is that I am a soldier of truth. And as a member of soldiers of truth, the only thing that makes us happy, is when you are able to speak the truth when you are placed in a position of trust.

Were you and Anyim friends ever before?
Of course we were friends to some reasonable extent.

So, at what point did you disagree?
At the point when I told him that what he was doing in the Centenary City, is a crime. I told him it is a crime and that was how we disagreed. I told him straight away that it was a crime and that it shouldn’t continue. People know me, they know I don’t compromise. So when I refused to compromise, the Minister, Aganga, called me and said, look, if you don’t leave this matter, if you don’t allow it to go, then you have to go. I said yes sir, I will go. I will go with my conscience. So they sent me to another Board. I told them that well, you can send me to another Board but that will not cover the truth.

But didn’t the former President know that they were going to reassign you?
Anyim wrote a very nasty report to the former President. And the former President signed. So I went to him and said, sir, this is copy of the memo Anyim sent to you, with which they removed me. He looked at it and said he didn’t even know I was the one involved.

He didn’t read it?
He didn’t know I was the one involved because you know there was tension and all that during the election. I am not defending him but I am telling you the truth but knowing my President, because he remains my President, Jonathan remains my President, you know he is an honest gentleman. He made an honest mistake, there is no doubt about that. And that is exactly what happened in this issue of Centenary City. He made an honest mistake. That is the truth.

Anyim also accused you of being used by the immediate past Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Mohammed, to fight him.
How can Bala use me? Bala told him to go and read Council memo, it is clear, that you cannot have centenary City here as a free zone. The Constitution is very clear. There are 774 local governments in the country. All of them are in the constitution.

FCT has six. For you to make this Centenary City in FCT a free zone, you must change the constitution. It is not in the Abuja Master Plan.
In fact, he wrote a letter to the Minister for FCT, to allow him to issue Certificate of Occupancy [C of O], So they now told him, look, in a free zone, you cannot sell land. So any person buying land or buying houses in the Centenary City is wasting his time because as long as it is a free zone, you can only rent, a maximum of five years, renewable every five years. And there is no guarantee that the next five years, you are going to get it again. The law is very clear. So if you go and buy land now or buy property in the Centenary City, you are wasting your time, you have lost your money.

Does the law equally permit the SGF to issue C of O?
The law does not. So that was the reason, when Bala said he could not allow him to issue Certificate of Occupancy, they quarreled. Just like NEPZA Board disagreed with him, the Attorney-General disagreed with him, the FCT Minister disagreed with him, and even Aganga himself disagreed with him. Aganga told me that his hands were tied. He agreed that the place cannot be a free zone, Aganga told me. He came and apologised to me.

He said his hands were tired by who?
Anyim was very powerful. He was a colossus, he was a demagogue. Anyim as SGF, was so big, he was bigger than life. You know he is very bulky. You know the mass of protoplasm. His greed is bigger than his mass. Anyim’s greed is bigger than his mass. Look at Anyim, I am older than him, I say he doesn’t know his age. You know everything about him is fraud. He claims to be 50. I am 55. How can Anyim be 50? He claims I am older than him. So I say Anyim doesn’t know his age. He went to school late, he didn’t go to school as and when due. I graduated as a medical Doctor at the age of 24. At 24, Anyim had not entered the university. Look at the university he went to, can you compare it to the university we went to? We know how he got his law degree. How did he get it? Go and investigate it. This country cannot continue like this.

So, what is your next line of action in this controversy?
I have finished. I have told Nigerians. I have spoken, I have written to the President, I have written to security agents- If President Buhari said he wants to fight corruption, then he must investigate this fraud. If he doesn’t investigate it, that means he is encouraging corruption and in fact the whole world will hear it.

http://www.blueprint.ng/2015/10/08/centenary-city-project-biggest-scam-in-nigeria-ojougbo/

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
Okay
Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by wellmax(m): 2:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
Corruption runs deep in this country.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Centenary City Project by kennyman2000(m): 2:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hmmm..

(1) (2) (Reply)

N23bn Diezani Poll Cash: Umahi In Trouble / No Plans To Sell Lagos Trade Fair Complex – FG / Atiku Won Kaduna In His Dreams – El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.