Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh (61192 Views)

Dalung Unaware Of Gernot Rohr's Appointment As Eagles Coach / Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by AfroKnight: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2015
fantazia:
NONSENSE and absolute nonsense, do u know how many times national and team captains in big clubs and countries have fall outs with their coaches? that does not give them the right to strip them of the captaincy, the best they can do is bench them not putting them in a match when a kid dat just started playing soccer yesterday is the captain, that is an insult to the senior players.

Lol. No vex.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2015
cover up.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by orobs93(m): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2015
Lovexme:

While Oliseh may be right, the emboldened fails to convince me.

Oliseh is either setting himself up for a big fall or for massive success. There's no middle ground.

Like ur well selected words
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by harpazo(m): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2015
adioolayi:

Stop this hate campaign.....Tiago Silver was stripped off Captains arm band in Brazil...was Neyma Jr the next in rank in terms of seniority? The same goes for Mascherano being replace by Messi for Argentina..these replaced old players still gave their loyalty and commitment... Why the Noise from Enyeama many coaches around the world pick their captains..I'm sure if it was LVG, Pep, Sir Alex or mourinho of this world there won't be any cry all over....leave Oliseh alone..this is his time..judge him on RESULT! Because he is an African doesn't mean he should be treated wrongly....If Enyeama cants shape in...he should shape-out.. A coach will always be the BOSS!

May God continue to increase ur wisdom brother....awon oponu
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by ShawnMcJoe: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2015
He will be a good team Captain.
Just buy him a comb. shocked

1 Like

Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2015
adioolayi:

Stop this hate campaign.....Tiago Silver was stripped off Captains arm band in Brazil...was Neyma Jr the next in rank in terms of seniority? The same goes for Mascherano being replace by Messi for Argentina..these replaced old players still gave their loyalty and commitment... Why the Noise from Enyeama many coaches around the world pick their captains..I'm sure if it was LVG, Pep, Sir Alex or mourinho of this world there won't be any cry all over....leave Oliseh alone..this is his time..judge him on RESULT! Because he is an African doesn't mean he should be treated wrongly....If Enyeama cants shape in...he should shape-out.. A coach will always be the BOSS!
The reasons oliseh gave are not good enough. What's wrong in a team member apologising for being late. Mind you he has the right to question why his captain band was given to musa owing to the fact that the practice for Nigerian senior team is captainship by seniority.

1 Like

Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by grandx88: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2015
adioolayi:

Hey man, theirs(Brazil and Argentina) were definitely not done this way. Argentina I remember even made their decision public. The country's FA and Coach had a private discussion with Masch and later announced to the world with Masch confirming it that Messi would become team captain...that it was for the best of the Team. There're better ways to do things, Oliseh must learn to be a leader and coach and it starts with managing the people under him and maintaining peace in the Camp. They got it wrong with the timing. Period. I wish them the Best anyways.

1 Like

Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by orobs93(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2015
olumalcolm:
Oliseh has always bin an arrogant fellow so I ain't surprised. He was given d captaincy wen he was almost retiring so y d fuss. Dat man will bring problem to dis team. He started wit mikel,nw wit enyeama. No coach has Eva complained of enyeama so y d sudden probs?

Yei yei
I love enyeama so much..but every coach and even nff had problem with him..from beti vogts to sisia to keshi nw olised
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Edmatva: 9:57am On Oct 08, 2015
Nonsense. Result is what will keep that ur philosphy on the job.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Bluffly: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2015
jcmaiah:

Oliseh is not the first coach Nigeria ever had, so why would such be an issue? Olisehs reason is that he came late and he is retiring , that's lame please.

So because he is not the first coach he should permit disrespectfulness and indiscipline. Must everybody get use to gross misdemeanour? Please free the guy. Can Enyeama misbehave like that in his club without being sanctioned? Lets call a spade a spade
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by LexingtonSteele(m): 10:02am On Oct 08, 2015
jcmaiah:
Oliseh is stupidd! A man that buried his mum on weekend and tried making it to camp on Monday and you are misbehaving? So you expected him to leave the burial and rush to camp because you are playing heavenly cup? When you were captain were u not about retiring? I don't blame you, ask Siasia what arrogance cost him in that team. They are adults not babies. As a matter of fact enyeama deserves more respect than you gave him. He has played for 13years as an Eagle, with 101caps so far. I smell jealousy.
You've said it all. Vincent and Osaze are the only captain materials left in our national team for not only can they perform, they have both the team spirit(ginger) and leadership qualities. I recommend retirement for Vincent and am done watching Eagles.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Seun360(m): 10:05am On Oct 08, 2015
jcmaiah:
Oliseh is stupidd! A man that buried his mum on weekend and tried making it to camp on Monday and you are misbehaving? So you expected him to leave the burial and rush to camp because you are playing heavenly cup? When you were captain were u not about retiring? I don't blame you, ask Siasia what arrogance cost him in that team. They are adults not babies. As a matter of fact enyeama deserves more respect than you gave him. He has played for 13years as an Eagle, with 101caps so far. I smell jealousy.

Jealous of what?

Abeg, park well.

What do you even know abt footy management?
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by giede: 10:08am On Oct 08, 2015
Rexnegro:
Professionalism wasn't observed...enyeama won't be able to do this to mourinho if he's our coach...because he's oliseh abi everyone is siding enyeama...burial is usually done Friday/Saturday....he still has time to be in camp on Monday...nigeria wasn't his priority hence the late coming into camp.

Then Church Thanksgiving on Sunday.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Lovexme(m): 10:10am On Oct 08, 2015
orobs93:

Like ur well selected words

Thanks smiley
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by chinedujazzy(m): 10:15am On Oct 08, 2015
Nice reason,but oliseh is being so rude in his approach,a leader is diplomatic and carries everybody along,the way he is sounding seems like their are some personal rancour between him and Enyeama.He can make the change and still have Enyeamas support in the team.other teams outside d country has done it favorably without building enemity.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by VanOmiyale: 10:21am On Oct 08, 2015
4bobo:
This guy should take it easy. Enyama dosent deseve this type of ash treatment from the so called bossy. I bet you that he is one of the most dedicated , player we have in SE. Infact, he always display his best and enjoy each game in good mood. Some one just buried his mother few days ago, and you expect him to be in best form.
Even what about if he came late to the camp, what sunday olishe should have done is to use his discretion, to express condolence to his family, and tell him that he understand his trauma he has passed through in recent times, that he might not be fully participate in the training due to his current trials, but with his experience, he should support whom ever given the captain ship .To me it would have resolved this issue... Olishe is not wise enough.....
Exactly my thought!
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by ladenz(m): 10:22am On Oct 08, 2015
kannymoore:

Er..
Musa didn't just start playing football. For the Super Eagles only yesterday!

The guy already has OVER 50 CAPS and he's only 22!

Asides mikel and enyeama, I don't think there's any other player in that squad that's played the longest for the national team!

Musa is 22? As in 22 years old shocked Like, he was born 22 years ago undecided. that is 2 decades and 2 years ago lipsrsealed. Ok. So Ahmed Musa is 22 grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I didnt know before o cool
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by mpowa(m): 10:22am On Oct 08, 2015
I agree with his reasons 100%, though i disagreed with how he communicated it. Amhed Musa is very qualified, sentiments apart, and he represents future eagles leadership. Some people are talking about how Ahmed will manage people like Mikel and Emenike, those ones are rounding up their career already, who cares, if they can't cope, they should retire earlier, he made the right choice but didn't manage the leadership change properly, there will definitely be uproar from different quarters when such things happen, it happened in Brazil, in Argentina, no surprise here!
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by mpowa(m): 10:24am On Oct 08, 2015
ladenz:

Musa is 22? As in 22 years old shocked Like, he was born 22 years ago undecided. that is 2 decades and 2 years ago lipsrsealed. Ok. So Ahmed Musa is 22 grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I didnt know before o cool

grin grin grin cheesy why do you keep repeating 22yrs, 22yrs, you have believe problem?
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by edpunter(m): 10:25am On Oct 08, 2015
ollah1:

Listen, the coach said he wants a younger player to be his captain. Someone who would be in the team for a long term. It is his decision and so be it. Coaches makes their decisions, sometimes it works and other times it fails. Why are Nigerians go into this thing? Ain't result what we should be concerned about ?

Oliseh na insecurity dey worry am. A goalkeeper oversees the whole pitch as a captain, Iker Casillas was captain for country and club for ages. His tactics of picking a captain is just childish to me, it shows he has grudges just looking for Enyeama's mistake, you don't strip captain band from a senior player just cos of a mere fight and I can tell you categorically that same Nigerians that are supporting his strategies will still come back to bite him real hard. Na only time.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 08, 2015
edpunter:

Oliseh na insecurity dey worry am. A goalkeeper oversees the whole pitch as a captain, Iker Casillas was captain for country and club for ages. His tactics of picking a captain is just childish to me, it shows he has grudges just looking for Enyeama's mistake, you don't strip captain band from a senior player just cos of a mere fight and I can tell you categorically that same Nigerians that are supporting his strategies will still come back to bite him real hard. Na only time.

Whatever pleases him should be done by him. Goalie oversees the whole pitch doesn't mean they should always be captain. If he wants Enyeama out so be it, i'm not a fan of either of them. I'm a Nigerian first and results matters than anything else. If he likes he should chase other players out and leave only Musa, am less concerned. The only thing i want is result, without it then we can kick him out too.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by hilseger: 10:28am On Oct 08, 2015
I BET you, this guy called Oliseh will fail... Things are not handle this way, even though you wan to handover the captainship band to another person he should have apply wisdom not saying it publicly that he doesn't want someone who's nearly to his retirement or thinking of what to do after been retired, Eyeama doesn't deserve that. Moreover, Oliseh is not in the best position to say all these course we all know him to be a very RUDE player when he was playing for Eagles so someone should please call him to order before he digg his grave finish.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by ceejay80s(m): 10:29am On Oct 08, 2015
So, Ahmed Musa no go retire as captain? Cos that's what I understand
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by mpowa(m): 10:32am On Oct 08, 2015
olumalcolm:
Oliseh has always bin an arrogant fellow so I ain't surprised. He was given d captaincy wen he was almost retiring so y d fuss. Dat man will bring problem to dis team. He started wit mikel,nw wit enyeama. No coach has Eva complained of enyeama so y d sudden probs?

The Bolded is very incorrect ' every coach had issues with enyeama, from Siasia to Keshi to Vorgt to even Nff. His disagreement with Siasia made us to loose qualification for AFCON in 2012.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by tete7000(m): 10:33am On Oct 08, 2015
rabonni:
boy how old was terry when he became captain of Chelsea ... get facts pls

I just googled it. He captain chelsea for the first time in 2004 and by then he was 24 and has played football for over 13years. Remember in my comment I used the word matured and experienced, so those terry data don't contradict my assertion. Oliseh said 'young' player but used Musa. Is Musa really a young football? I don't know. Is he a matured and experienced football, you will agree 100% with me that's a YES. Is Ihenacho a young football? That's a YES. Is he matured and experienced? That definitely will be a NO. Will it be proper to make someone like that the head of a national football team? That is a No, NO for me irrespective of the talent he may have.
In a nutshell what am I driving at? Coach Oliseh should choose his words carefully. Choice of words matters at least to some persons. It can aggravate or douse tension when they arise and it is critical a leader gets it right with language.
When people like Neymar and Messi are made captains, the coaches had one thing in mind. They want them to lead from the front. These are people with extra-ordinary talents who can single handedly win matches for you. Giving them captain bands makes them replicates their best form game in game out. If they win matches for you, the senior players respect them based on that. However look at how many years they have put into playing and at what level they have played, then you will realise that they are matured and experienced players. Finally for a game that has an average retirement age of around 30, a 23/24 old player cannot be considered young in a sense of 'absolute young'. Someone like Walcott who started playing at 17 and has been in a team for more than 7 years when he turns 24 can be made a captain of that team and not be termed a young but rather a matured and experienced player.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by ELIJAHARMONICA(m): 10:36am On Oct 08, 2015
I don't think Enyeama should be stripped of captaincy because of this beautiful nonsense excuses or better still bech him rather than degrading him. This guy has been playing for 13 solid years having playing 5 nations cup and 3 world cup with good records. Vecient deserve to be respected
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Olufunmihimself: 10:37am On Oct 08, 2015
The big question here is that, was the coach informed about the death of his mother? Big NO. The coach only got to know after he went on social media. To be candid Enyeama should have told the coach his reason for withdrawing from the Tanzania game. I guess The coach felt belittled and disrespect by Enyeama's actions being the Captain of the team. I only think Oliseh should be more diplomatic in treatment of adults. I support Musa as the new captain for the commitment shown over the past 5years.
jcmaiah:
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by illiad: 10:37am On Oct 08, 2015
jcmaiah:

Enyeama is bigger than Oliseh in Nigeria national team history and achievement and that is what Oliseh is offended about
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by ceejay80s(m): 10:40am On Oct 08, 2015
4bobo:
This guy should take it easy. Enyama dosent deseve this type of ash treatment from the so called bossy. I bet you that he is one of the most dedicated , player we have in SE. Infact, he always display his best and enjoy each game in good mood. Some one just buried his mother few days ago, and you expect him to be in best form.
Even what about if he came late to the camp, what sunday olishe should have done is to use his discretion, to express condolence to his family, and tell him that he understand his trauma he has passed through in recent times, that he might not be fully participate in the training due to his current trials, but with his experience, he should support whom ever given the captain ship .To me it would have resolved this issue... Olishe is not wise enough.....
We All know say Olise no get mama, he fell from the sky
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by dabossman(m): 10:42am On Oct 08, 2015
MadCow1:
As a Nigerian Football fan, I respect your decision Mr. Coach Sir.

Your team, your philosophy.

Enyeama is trying to make it about his mum's funeral. Oliseh is speaking about his teams cohesion.

Sai Oliseh..

Sai Enyeama.

Sai Captain Musa.

Out of the mouth of a Mad Cow sometimes comes wisdom which we must understand.

Oliseh's team, Oliseh's methods, Oliseh's cross win or lose; success or failure. As a fan of the national team,I respect that. I sympathize with Enyeama though. Personally, I think he should have just asked to be excused from the team so he can spend sometime with his family immediately after the burial. And even if he wanted to be in camp but would be late, a phone call could have solved all this.
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by illiad: 10:44am On Oct 08, 2015
adioolayi:

Some people lack sense of Gratitude!

Even if enyeama is leaving it must be with all due respect

I don't know how some of you reason,
Re: Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh by Akpatimum: 10:44am On Oct 08, 2015
Pls all this Cc ishove, Lalastica, is ishilove still a mod?

I need answers before I loose it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Neymar, World's Most Expensive Player Always Travels With His Family (Photos) / Switzerland Footballer, Karim Gazzetta Commits Suicide By Jumping From Building / 8 Funny Nicknames Of Famous Nigerian Footballers And Their Origins (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.