Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:03 PM

How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams (45329 Views)

Poll: Eating in one's dreams. Harmless or Dangerous?

Harmless: 44% (39 votes)
Dangerous: 55% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? / How To Deal With Eating In The Dream And Others Dream Types (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by newmi(m): 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2010
@poster
What is about eating in your dream you eould want to stop except if the food isn't sweet or good because l have not found any where in scripture making reference to either eating or not eating in ones dream being good or bad. Am aware that there are alot of christians who have been told that eating in the dream has this significance, has that conotation and so on most of which are always negative but the bible speaks of the christian being subject to any such things because if a man be in Christ he is a new creation (2corinthians 5:17) and even if at all there is any chance of it being true, the bible says in the book of mark 16:17 "And these signs will follow them that believe: in my name they will drive out demons they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all, " So my dear l think you rather get sleepless nghts over discovery more our rights and privilleges in christ as a christian that is if you are already one by virtue of being bornagain otherwise you need to be bornagain which brings you under the jurisdiction of Jesus' administration
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by Azibalua(f): 7:09am On Dec 27, 2010
“a dream is an activity of the human spirit which occurs in the sleep modes of the human body senses and mind.” Now, this activity of the human spirit is characterized in two classes:

1. The spirit’s imagination of the inner mind’s activities of the inward man. The inward man has imaginations.
2. And then, secondly, the actual encounters or experiences of the human spirit.
When you sleep, your spirit, man is a spirit, he has a soul and he lives in the body.

1. There is an inward man and an outward man. The outward man is the body and his senses. Now, the inward man is the human spirit with his soul and the soul is the seat of the mind, the emotions and the will. Now, the human spirit does have his own imaginations just like you have your imaginations of your mind—the human spirit has imaginations. Now, when you go to sleep (when you are in the sleep mode), your senses are somewhat suspended. You don’t know what’s happening around you. You don’t know what’s happening to you, but the human spirit doesn’t sleep. See, the human spirit is awake; the human spirit functions, and at that time the human spirit has imaginations. And, those imaginations can be affected by the kind of things that your spirit has been receiving in the day time, not necessarily on that particular day but over a period of time. Now, those things affect the imaginations of your spirit. And when your spirit has those imaginations, those are dreams; they are the dreams you have, they are the pictures in the mind of your spirit—what we call the inner mind of your spirit, because the mind, remember, the mind is in the soul and the soul is a possession of the spirit,So, you see that you are sleeping and your spirit has imaginations. And so you wake up and there’s been this activity, but it was all a spiritual imagination. That means the imagination of your spirit.
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 27, 2010
My mother is deeply, very religious.

She told me that anytime I dream about being offered food in my dreams, I should refuse the food. Wake up and start praying.
But how do you wake yourself up from sleep? I used to have one of these creepy dreams.

Poster, if you believe in God, just pray AS SOON AS YOU WAKE UP.

Azibalua:

“a dream is an activity of the human spirit which occurs in the sleep modes of the human body senses and mind.” Now, this activity of the human spirit is characterized in two classes:

1. The spirit’s imagination of the inner mind’s activities of the inward man. The inward man has imaginations.
   2. And then, secondly, the actual encounters or experiences of the human spirit.
When you sleep, your spirit, man is a spirit, he has a soul and he lives in the body.

1. There is an inward man and an outward man. The outward man is the body and his senses. Now, the inward man is the human spirit with his soul and the soul is the seat of the mind, the emotions and the will. Now, the human spirit does have his own imaginations just like you have your imaginations of your mind—the human spirit has imaginations. Now, when you go to sleep (when you are in the sleep mode), your senses are somewhat suspended. You don’t know what’s happening around you. You don’t know what’s happening to you, but the human spirit doesn’t sleep. See, the human spirit is awake; the human spirit functions, and at that time the human spirit has imaginations. And, those imaginations can be affected by the kind of things that your spirit has been receiving in the day time, not necessarily on that particular day but over a period of time. Now, those things affect the imaginations of your spirit. And when your spirit has those imaginations, those are dreams; they are the dreams you have, they are the pictures in the mind of your spirit—what we call the inner mind of your spirit, because the mind, remember, the mind is in the soul and the soul is a possession of the spirit,So, you see that you are sleeping and your spirit has imaginations. And so you wake up and there’s been this activity, but it was all a spiritual imagination. That means the imagination of your spirit.

Imagination?

Isnt a dream also an interpretation of one's future.

Lemme dust off my Bible. . . .Remember Joseph's dream interpretation for his cell mates and the Egyptian pharaoh?
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by oyinda3(f): 7:23am On Dec 27, 2010
I don't see any harm in eating in dreams. I think it's all superstition.

Ileke-IdI:

My mother is deeply, very religious.

She told me that anytime I dream about being offered food in my dreams, I should refuse the food. Wake up and start praying.
But how do you wake yourself up from sleep? I used to have one of these creepy dreams.

Poster, if you believe in God, just pray AS SOON AS YOU WAKE UP.

yea my mom is same. It's annoying sometimes.
dreams are generally a result of events and thoughts before going to sleep. the cases in the bible are special circumstances rather than the norm for the general population.
ex. if u watch a horror movie before bed, the chances are extremely high that u will have a nightmare.

I do pray if I find my dream too abnormal though.
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 27, 2010
oyinda.:

I don't see any harm in eating in dreams. I think it's all superstition.

yea my mom is same. It's annoying sometimes.
dreams are generally a result of events and thoughts before going to sleep. the cases in the bible are special circumstances rather than the norm for the general population.
ex. if u watch a horror movie before bed, the chances are extremely high that u will have a nightmare.

I do pray if I find my dream too abnormal though.

Yea, I know that dreams are a result of your events before going to sleep lol. When my brother was a baby, he dreamed about running and playing with his older sibling [what he did thru the day].

But I wont take my chances in sleep. Imagine a creepy woman offering you food.
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by lagbaja20: 7:38am On Dec 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yea, I know that dreams are a result of your events before going to sleep lol. When my brother was a baby, he dreamed about running and playing with his older sibling [what he did thru the day].

[b]But I wont take my chances in sleep. Imagine a creepy woman offering you foo[/b]d.

The creepy the woman the better; especially, if the creepy woman is 43 yrs, lives in Florida, and posts constantly on NL

When next you get fed in sleep, give them my number and have them come feed me!

gbodgbo lounje
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by Azibalua(f): 9:34am On Dec 27, 2010
@ifeke - idi
read point number 2
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 27, 2010
Azibalua:

@ifeke - idi
read point number 2

Expatiate more on point number 2. I dont quite get it

You know, all my life, I've heard "spirit" but never quite grasp his full understanding. From the religion point of view, can you explain to me what a spirit is, why it's important, what it does for us. I'd also like it if it's back with biblical or Koranic facts.

You said "man is spirit", does that mean that if we die our spirit also die? Spirit has a soul, can you also explain the soul in a religious point of view?

Thanks.
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by Azibalua(f): 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2010
@ifeke-idi
are you born again
if you are i can start the explanation right away
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 28, 2010
Azibalua:

@ifeke-idi
are you born again
if you are i can start the explanation right away

No, I am not.
But I dont think that should have an effect on my understand of your prospect explanation.
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by dayokanu(m): 7:17am On Dec 28, 2010
Abeg do you know a very good eatery I can visit in my dreams? The one you visit, Do they have Amala and Gbegiri?

I usually wake up hungry and I think eating in the dreams would resolve this
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 28, 2010
It broke my heart when I voted harmless and saw that the dangerous team was winning by 55% to 45.
Nigeria we hail thee! When the rest of mankind is moving forward we're still held back by superstitious religious beliefs. Next thing i'll hear they'll say little teenage boys who ejaculate in their dreams are possessed by the dark forces. Pitiful!
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 05, 2011
Try this: sincerely pray with Psalm 91 before you sleep,
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by fnykl(m): 4:56am On May 08, 2012
put a bitter Kola in your mouth and a spoon of red oil before you sleep. do this for 2 or 3 days and you will never see yourself eating in the dream again. There are simple steps you need to take to resolve most issues we see as spiritual, but the few that knows about this will never want to reveal the secrets and this eating in the dream is one of them. I hope this helps
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by thewiseman(m): 7:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
Use Psalm 1 to solve this dream food problem.
Re: How Can Get Rid Of Eating In My Dreams by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 25, 2017
Please go here to find a permanent solution to eating in your dreams. You may call or WhatsApp +2347067550237 for further help. http://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy/Solution-To-Eating-In-Dreams

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches / Traditionalcure, Spiritual Healing, Superstition, Voodoo, Magic, Facts / OPM Recovers Weapons From Cultist, Armed Robber, Kidnapper (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.