Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu (35995 Views)

Sunday Oliseh And Nwakali In A Playful Mood (Photo) / The Yobo's & The Enyeama's Step Out For Church. / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by charlyemail: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
a
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by joeybankz: 4:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
Even his Former colleagues are not in support of this, Hear Garba Lawal -

Oliseh misfired on Enyeama, says Garba Lawal

Former Super Eagles star, Garba Lawal has said Coach Sunday Oliseh did not apply wisdom in appointing a new captain for the senior national team.

On Tuesday, Oliseh and Enyeama came close to exchanging blows in faraway Belgium over the decision of the coach to appoint Ahmed Musa the next captain of the Super Eagles.

The decision forced Enyeama who has been capped 101 times and reigned as Super Eagles captain since the retirement of Joseph Yobo to call it quit with the national team.

Speaking with Daily Trust, Lawal said Oliseh has every right to appoint his own captain but the manner in which he went about the whole appointment was faulty.

He reiterated that the coach did not give Enyeama the respect he deserves as the captain and longest serving member of the present Super Eagles.

Lawal maintained that if he were in Oliseh’s position, he would have sat down with Enyeama for discussion to avoid any open confrontation.

“I am not with the team in Belgium and I don’t know exactly what happened. But Oliseh as the coach of the national team has the right to appoint his own captain.

“However, he did not do it the right way. He should have sat down with Enyeama for discussions. Enyeama too has paid his dues and deserves some respect. If you ask me, he was not treated fairly.”

Lawal also said the action of the coach is capable of bringing divisions in the team.

“I am afraid what he has done is not good for team spirit. It can easily lead to divisions in the team. There is no doubt that it will impact negatively on the team’s two international friendlies against DR Congo and Cameroon,” he said.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/sports/oliseh-misfired-on-enyeama-says-garba-lawal/114132.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by j4sure(m): 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
That has been resolve now!
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by GentleYoung(m): 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
Watching
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by nifton(m): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thats a manager talking and not arrogant Oliseh.NFF when will u stop all this trial and error with coaches.
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by repogirl(f): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
Christian Chukwu, please talk sense into this new immature coach that we have...... This is a very wrong start.....after all Enyeama has done for the team, he shouldn't be leaving this way.

I suspect Oliseh already had biased views towards Enyeama, hence his attitude.
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by ngmgeek(m): 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
Those who hired someone who has not coached or managed a team should be single out and....given not less than 12 lashes each. A player who lost his mother has every right to find out why his coach didn't even call or condole him. Maybe a woman didn't give birth to Sunday Oliseh

7 Likes

Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by shiinihost: 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
repogirl:
Why repo? Did your boyfriend default in your dowry payment ?
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by Bollinger(m): 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nigerians are just too emotional.
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by Matty33(m): 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2015
blueto:

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/chukwu-oliseh-and-enyeama-have-embarrassed-nigeria/
God gave us a lot of resources in Southern Nigeria but abused us with confusion. That is why we are always confused and don't know how to rally around ourselves in times of trouble. We hate ourselves so much n always jealous of each other. A northerner couldn't have done this his fellow northerner what Oliseh did to Enyeama, time will tell sha. May God help us
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by adedayourt(m): 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2015
Empress2014:
grin I don't know anything about football but I am here

oya com dey go, dem dey find u fr romance section
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by Dee60: 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
Football caoches are known to 'talk tough' sometimes. Christian Chukwis right. Oliseh needed to have calmed down but same time Vincent also needed to have calmed down. You dont talk back at your boss, not in fotball. Vincent knows that certainly. Bury the hatchets. Dont use resignation or retirement as a threat. You dont do that anywhere.
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by shiinihost: 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
Bollinger:
Nigerians are just too emotional.

this is not about being emotional. it's about strenghtening our national institutions.
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by nationwide1(m): 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
It's one of the reasons some of us will always opt for European football instead of Nigerian matches even that involving national team.

I stopped giving good attention to Nigerian football team after the show of shame and heart breaker at France 98 world cup.

Oliseh was part of team.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by Gwekzy: 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
Oliseh dey vex me... after all dis one of he no perform well make him just park comot d country cos me go personally find am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by repogirl(f): 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
shiinihost:

Why repo? Did your boyfriend default in your dowry payment ?
LOL, try again, my dowry has been paid already.
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by Prazmira(m): 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
When leadership lacks character, its credibility is questionable.
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by shiinihost: 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
repogirl:
LOL, try again, my dowry has been paid already.

not good at guesses. How come repo?
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by rottenegg: 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hmmmm, if only na for Lagos them dey camp.....Oliseh for chi chum chin!
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by kaziblake(f): 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Their bussiness,meanwhile gov ambode really need to come to our recue.ejigbi after d rain in pics

Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
orobs93:
Seconded
Keshi be like

Lol.

Believe me, obviously, Keshi even tried to manage the team better than Oliseh. Oliseh already shows sign of failure both in team management and result/performance.

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
Matty33:
God gave us a lot of resources in Southern Nigeria but abused us with confusion. That is why we are always confused and don't know how to rally around ourselves in times of trouble. We hate ourselves so much n always jealous of each other. A northerner couldn't have done this his fellow northerner what Oliseh did to Enyeama, time will tell sha. May God help us

Thank You bro

1 Like

Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by greggng: 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
Breaking news vincent just missed his flight and oliseh just finished. Begging him to come back
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by chubbygal(f): 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
Am missing Vincent already cry

Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
kaziblake:
Their bussiness,meanwhile gov ambode really need to come to our recue.ejigbi after d rain in pics

Go sell your car and buy canoe. That is what you need most.
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by cristweeezy(m): 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by Kolade354(m): 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
Empress2014:
grin I don't know anything about football but I am here
Then you are a fool!!!
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by nationwide1(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
rottennaija:
I thought oliseh was matured, but evidently, hw is still using his immature mentality till today.
When you talk managing a team, Oliseh is a school boy.

He has just proven me right.
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by Bollinger(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
shiinihost:

this is not about being emotional. it's about strenghtening our national institutions.

And the way to do that is by letting whomsoever is in charge to perform his/her duties to the best of their abilities without interference. All these armchair pundits need to stop.
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2015
Olise is overzealous
Re: Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
Oliseh most likely was acting out of order from above. Or he has listened to gossips a lot after Vincent voiced out concerning the pitch in Kaduna hence he wanted to foolishly show his paymasters that he knows how to tame Vincent. howbeit he did it in the most foolish way. Oliseh, he who brain is given, sense is expected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues / Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.