Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea (9306 Views)

Top Ten Most Powerful/ Best Warships In Africa. See Nigeria. / Largest Warships In History / Russia Launches "Satan 2" A New Nuclear Missile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by NairaMinted: 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
Something embarrassing and that I must say, I am unhappy to announce has happened: Russian cruise missiles crashed in Iran a couple of minutes ago.
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by NairaMinted: 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
NairaMinted:
Something embarrassing and that I must say, I am unhappy to announce has happened: Russian cruise missiles crashed in Iran a couple of minutes ago.

Electronic jamming warfare by the Americans perhaps? Who knows? Those bas.ta.rds are capable of anything!
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Tkester: 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

Leave the chic alone and discuss the topic.

Lol, why are being angry? She looks good on her Dp and I think I might be the lucky guy.
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Tkester: 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
NairaMinted:

Where did you get this information? I can't seem to find it.
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Tkester: 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
NairaMinted:

It's still an unconfirmed report. BTW, it's a report from 2 U.S. Generals and you know what that means - FAKE!
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Missy89(f): 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

Falling into captivity is part of war. How many US soldiers and special forces have been killed in Afghanistan? How about the countless number if aircrafts that have been destroyed including brazen attacks on US bases? Once they signed up for the offensive, they know there will be collateral damage, regardless of whatever PR propaganda tool it might be for the US and its media.

To Russians: it is better to fight the Islamists in Syria, while protecting their interests and projecting power - than wait for some of them to come knocking on Russia's door. These Islamists are death squads and they're tools for global destabilisation. In case you don't know, a lot of them also fought in Ukraine.

Anyway, latest from Pentagon: www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/08/russia-pay-price-syrian-airstrikes-ashton-carter-us-defence-secretary I thought the US was against ISIL - why all the threats and sabre-rattling? At least, now we know the true face of ISIL loool.

Yes, minimal success according to US media. But to the rest of the world - a lot of Islamists are leaving Syria en-masse and heading to Europe. The Alpha Group are landing in Syria soon - expect total wipe out. There should be a false flag as well.

Isn't that Bush's excuse for invading Iraq?

A Russkie falling into captivity wont look to good for Putin and will be a propaganda win for the jihadist/media that is my point. Contrary to what you might want to believe, the minimal success i was talking about was actually reported by pro Assad/ Russian war journalist most of it is not even in the mainstream media on both sides.
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
Missy89:

US is more concerned about Russia loosing nuclear weapons. that is what they have been helping the Russians with. No one is concerned about Russia shipping arms here or there.The US sells arms illegally too . It is for Russia's own good not the other way around. The Reason why US does this has more to do with the state of Russian military bureaucracy which was utterly corrupt after the soviet Union fell. Many generals who stopped receiving payments saw their arsenal as a source of income. NATO even had a contingency invading Russia and taking control of the nukes in the 90s should the government fall.

Putin gaining respect and outsmarting the US might be popular opinion which is very true but has nothing to do with how state decision making works. Thats for the media and the general audience. Few visible political and military maneuvers by Obama can change the course of event thou he is too weak to do it. Russia has more to loose breaking up with the US everybody knows that. The Syria situation will not burn any bride however no matter how it turns out

Really, so you mean S-300 (the most sophisticated air defense system in the world) which US/Israel has for years lobbied Russia not to sale to Iran or Syria are Nuclear weapons too? Or the Avtobaza, a Russian ground-based radar jamming and deception system that Iran used to capture US's most sophisticated and stealth drone (The RQ-170) , and which US/Israel has lobbied russia not to sale to Syria or China are Nuclear weapons too? Or the Iskander (a medium range missile purposely built to decimate any US/Israel air defense system) which US/Israel has lobbied russia not to sale to Iran/China are nuclear weapons too? I can go on and on. If US is afraid of Russia just for its nuclear capability, why isnt it lobbying china or North Korea for that matter?

Russia has already lost out with US over Ukraine, and US and their western allies have played their economic/political cards, and Russia has not only taken it, but it has also defiantly upped the scales in Syria with a card it knows too well it wouldn't loose. Thats militarily, Russia can also politically and economically hurt those countries. Thats what its doing now, and Russia is wining. And if they decide to take their gloves off by arming terrorists to fight russia, well russia knows it can do thesame , and hurt them even more. Afterall, this is no era of USSR were russia has forces spread across the globe that can be targeted. But US troops are almost in every country in the middle east and are hated by majority of the people living their, because the puppets who rule over them with iron fist remain in power because of US military backing. Imagine what russian weapons would do in the hands of their masses. Imagine what political/economic instability arm revolt in Saudi, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, and Bahrain would cause to the economy of western countries who depend on their Oil & petro dollars. Believe me, US and its allies has more to loose, if it choose the path of arming terrorist to fight Russia.

Not that Russia really cares about Syria per se, but the rift its causing in Syria is already casting doubts among the citizens of US and its western allies as to the true intentions of their govt claim to fight ISIS in Syria. Their hypocrisy has been made bear by Russia. People are beginning to believe that their govts are using their tax payers money not fighting terrorists but supporting them. They are calling to questions their govt involvement in the so-called war on terror, and this is a political tsunami that's gonna blow soon across these countries. The Main Stream Media are trying hard to cover whats now apparent, but it wont be for long. Some among these countries are beginning to look for soft landing by sitting on the fence. At the end, they would have no choice but to come to a diplomatic table with Russia holding its head high.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Lucasbalo(m): 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
Appleyard:
How is Americans tired of war when their Government is not?
Americans are the government here. The number one reason Obama won the Presidency is because of the war and McCain is a war monger. Secondly, the war in Iraq and Afghanistan has a deadly effect which America is grappling with both economically and humanly. There is presidential primary going on now and war and the economy are the two main focus. Trillions of dollars was spent on the two useless wars in Iraq and Afghanistan with no benefits for an average American. How many countries can survive that kind of financial and human life wastage ?. The opinion poll in America says overwhelming majority of Americans are against war especially when America is not being attacked.

1 Like

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Lucasbalo(m): 7:16pm On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=Tkester post=38786626]

Nonsense! Nonsense!! Nonsense!!!
The simple truth is that Russia muscled America outta Syria - accept it so that you may live long. Stop pretending to be what you're not. If it were a third rate power like Nigeria, NATO and America will be falling over themselves with ultimatums and bombs, but here we are presented with all forms of excuses as to why Americans can't even defend their own ally the FSA.

Grow up![/quIraq Bambino, you are the one to grow up. There is nothing in Russia armory that America don't have. Overwhelming majority of Americans are against war in Iraq and Afghanistan, plus the current one going on in Syria. You and your fellow hate America club can gloat all you want but that doesn't diminish America worth in the world. It's easy for someone stuck in a third world nation clamoring for war but people that knows better think otherwise. America takes no backseat to no country in the world because america is both economic and military superpower which is unique. Your Putin will find out in due course when his country floundering economy goes south.
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Missy89(f): 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
OTDR:

Really, so you mean S-300 (the most sophisticated air defense system in the world) which US/Israel has for years lobbied Russia not to sale to Iran or Syria are Nuclear weapons too? Or the Avtobaza, a Russian ground-based radar jamming and deception system that Iran used to capture US's most sophisticated and stealth drone (The RQ-170) , and which US/Israel has lobbied russia not to sale to Syria or China are Nuclear weapons too? Or the Iskander (a medium range missile purposely built to decimate any US/Israel air defense system) which US/Israel has lobbied russia not to sale to Iran/China are nuclear weapons too? I can go on and on. If US is afraid of Russia just for its nuclear capability, why isnt it lobbying china or North Korea for that matter?

Russia has already lost out with US over Ukraine, and US and their western allies have played their economic/political cards, and Russia has not only taken it, but it has also defiantly upped the scales in Syria with a card it knows too well it wouldn't loose. Thats militarily, Russia can also politically and economically hurt those countries. Thats what its doing now, and Russia is wining. And if they decide to take their gloves off by arming terrorists to fight russia, well russia knows it can do thesame , and hurt them even more. Afterall, this is no era of USSR were russia has forces spread across the globe that can be targeted. But US troops are almost in every country in the middle east and are hated by majority of the people living their, because the puppets who rule over them with iron fist remain in power because of US military backing. Imagine what russian weapons would do in the hands of their masses. Imagine what political/economic instability arm revolt in Saudi, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, and Bahrain would cause to the economy of western countries who depend on their Oil & petro dollars. Believe me, US and its allies has more to loose, if it choose the path of arming terrorist to fight Russia.

Not that Russia really cares about Syria per se, but the rift its causing in Syria is already casting doubts among the citizens of US and its western allies as to the true intentions of their govt claim to fight ISIS in Syria. Their hypocrisy has been made bear by Russia. People are beginning to believe that their govts are using their tax payers money not fighting terrorists but supporting them. They are calling to questions their govt involvement in the so-called war on terror, and this is a political tsunami that's gonna blow soon across these countries. The Main Stream Media are trying hard to cover whats now apparent, but it wont be for long. Some among these countries are beginning to look for soft landing by sitting on the fence. At the end, they would have no choice but to come to a diplomatic table with Russia holding its head high.

You seem to be confusing US with Israel. Why do u have to suddenly change your post to US/Israel? Russian UNILATERALLY decided not to sell S300 to Iran, When they lifted the self imposed ban, Israel was the one crying foul for the most part. US concerns was that the sale was too soon and did not want it to derail the negotiations or make Iran negotiate from a position of strength. Every country that produces sophisticated arms is always scrutinized. And i was only correcting your impression that the use to lobby Russia with money not to sell arms. US only Help Russia with money to secure her nukes not conventional arms. Besides, there are treaties guiding against selling arms indiscriminately even thou most countries still get conventional arms to their proxies illegally including the US.

All wars eventually ends on a negotiating table. Russia is only interested in giving Assad something substantial to negotiate with. That i will give you. But many Putin apologists seem to think the Russian military can conquer the whole Syria and hand it back to Assad. That is nearly impossible at this point.
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by NairaMinted: 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2015

[size=18pt]Iranian defense ministry believes reports on "fallen Russian cruise missiles" are part of the intensified western propaganda war, according to a source.[/size]

Tehran has denied US reports that four of Russia's cruise missiles targeting ISIL actually fell to the ground in Iran, with the country's defense ministry calling the accusations "psychological war."

Russia's Defense Ministry also refutes US media reports of an alleged incident involving cruise missiles which were fired at ISIL positions in Syria on October 7, stating that all missiles hit their designated targets.

Russian warplanes at an airfield near Latakia
© SPUTNIK/ DMITRIY VINOGRADOV
Russia Uses Bunker-Busting Bombs to Destroy ISIL in Syria (VIDEO)
"No matter how unpleasant and unexpected for our colleagues in the Pentagon and Langley was yesterday's high-precision strike on Islamic State infrastructure in Syria, the fact remains that all missiles launched from our ships have found their targets," ministry's spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said.

On Thursday, CNN reported that four of the 26 missiles fired from Russian warships in the Caspian Sea went off target and crashed in Iran. That report was based on anonymous Pentagon sources, who despite claiming to have evidence of the targeting malfunction, could not identify where, precisely, the missiles landed.

"In contrast to CNN we do not talk with reference to anonymous sources," Konashenkov said. "We show the launch of our rockets and the targets they struck."

Indeed, the Russian Defense Ministry has posted a number of videos to prove the accuracy of its targeting systems.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/world/20151008/1028231635/iran-russia-isil-missile.html#ixzz3o0Uw7O3A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
Missy89:

You seem to be confusing US with Israel. Why do u have to suddenly change your post to US/Israel? Russian UNILATERALLY decided not to sell S300 to Iran, When they lifted the self imposed ban, Israel was the one crying foul for the most part. US concerns was that the sale was too soon and did not want it to derail the negotiations or make Iran negotiate from a position of strength. Every country that produces sophisticated arms is always scrutinized. And i was only correcting your impression that the use to lobby Russia with money not to sell arms. US only Help Russia with money to secure her nukes not conventional arms. Besides, there are treaties guiding against selling arms indiscriminately even thou most countries still get conventional arms to their proxies illegally including the US.

All wars eventually ends on a negotiating table. Russia is only interested in giving Assad something substantial to negotiate with. That i will give you. But many Putin apologists seem to think the Russian military can conquer the whole Syria and hand it back to Assad. That is nearly impossible at this point.

Missy89:

US is more concerned about Russia loosing nuclear weapons. that is what they have been helping the Russians with. No one is concerned about Russia shipping arms here or there.The US sells arms illegally too . It is for Russia's own good not the other way around. The Reason why US does this has more to do with the state of Russian military bureaucracy which was utterly corrupt after the soviet Union fell. Many generals who stopped receiving payments saw their arsenal as a source of income. NATO even had a contingency invading Russia and taking control of the nukes in the 90s should the government fall.

Pls moments ago you said "No one is concerned about Russia shipping arms here or there", and now you are giving excuses like "US is concerned that Russian sell of S300 to Iran was too soon etc etc ,doing nothing but contradicting yourself even more. And now you want to change the subject as to why I am changing my post to US/Israel knowing fully well Israel's influence on US foreign & domestic policy. I wont go down that lane with you, so let stick to the subject please.

You said the US is supporting Russia with money only to secure its nukes, so I am asking, why doesnt it support China (who is ranked 3rd as far as nukes is concerned) as well? The answer is simple, Russia power just like the US, goes far and far beyond the use of nukes. FYI, both countries now have conventional bombs with equal devastating capacity of a nuclear bomb. Both countries have the utmost respect for each other militarily, and have set themselves respectable boundaries. So, its left to be seen if US would be the first to cross that boundary, which I highly doubt because, Syria is not really worth the gamble.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Missy89(f): 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
OTDR:

Pls moments ago you said "No one is concerned about Russia shipping arms here or there", and now you are giving excuses like "sell was too soon" etc doing nothing but contradicting yourself even more. And now you want to change the subject as to why I am changing my post to US/Israel knowing fully well Israel's influence on US foreign & domestic policy. I wont go down that lane with you, so let stick to the subject please.

You said the US is supporting Russia with money only to secure its nukes, so I am asking, why doesnt it support China as well who we know rank 3rd in the world as far as nuclear weapons is concerned? The answer is simple. Russia power just like the US, goes far and far beyond the use of nukes. FYI, both countries now have conventional bombs with equal devastating capacity of a nuclear bomb. Both countries have the utmost respect for each other militarily, and have set themselves respectable boundaries. So, its left to be seen if US would be the first to cross that boundary, which I highly doubt. Because, Syria is not really worth the gamble.

What i meant by no one is concerned about Russia selling weapons you're talking about is that US is more concerned about Russia loosing possession of her nukes to conventional arms since there treaties in place that deal with legal arms sales and most of the "money" you claim US is lobby Russia with has to do with securing her nukes and NOT conventional arms.

Military corporation is necessary between the 2 nuke powers. China isn't one. around 80 percent of all nukes are owned by either Russia and the US hence the military corporation. Can you provide evidence where the US lobbies Russia with money not to sell arms? China has not experience a political change like the soviet union did. Chinese government might be communist but it is stable. The same way China is concerned and have contingency plans for NK because of the unstable govt there was the same way US was concerned about Soviet Union's huge arsenal when it went belly up hence the financial support which still continued till today (not sure anymore since Ukraine).

Every military respects each other, that's a professional courtesy doesn't mean the are equals when it comes to power projection. Russia wants the same respect that was given to the Soviet Union which she is trying to earn

As per both nations having more conventional bombs apart from nukes, America do not really need to "lobby Russia with money" not to sell her conventional missiles. Russia itself wont sell it just because they can for security reasons of her own and not Americas.Those kind of weapons cant even be handed to " America's enemies" illegally since they can always be traced back to the source and they have to worry about having a tech edge too etc.

The S300 you mentioned was a unilateral decision by Russia is it not?. Israel might have influence in US policy but the your S300 example doesn't make any sense. If the influence on US policy is what you say it is, Why is the US interested in a detente with Iran when Israel is against it? And America is going thru with it anyway. Point being, Israel and US interest are not always intertwined like you are trying to make it look like. As per the S300 sale to Iran, Both had different interests. US was more concerned about the Iran deal while Israel was more concerned about penetrating Iran's airspace should they choose to strike.

If you want to talk about Russia and the US talk about Russia and the US. Israel is another topic entirely.
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Missy89(f): 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
NairaMinted:

[size=18pt]Iranian defense ministry believes reports on "fallen Russian cruise missiles" are part of the intensified western propaganda war, according to a source.[/size]

Tehran has denied US reports that four of Russia's cruise missiles targeting ISIL actually fell to the ground in Iran, with the country's defense ministry calling the accusations "psychological war."

Russia's Defense Ministry also refutes US media reports of an alleged incident involving cruise missiles which were fired at ISIL positions in Syria on October 7, stating that all missiles hit their designated targets.

Russian warplanes at an airfield near Latakia
© SPUTNIK/ DMITRIY VINOGRADOV
Russia Uses Bunker-Busting Bombs to Destroy ISIL in Syria (VIDEO)
"No matter how unpleasant and unexpected for our colleagues in the Pentagon and Langley was yesterday's high-precision strike on Islamic State infrastructure in Syria, the fact remains that all missiles launched from our ships have found their targets," ministry's spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said.

On Thursday, CNN reported that four of the 26 missiles fired from Russian warships in the Caspian Sea went off target and crashed in Iran. That report was based on anonymous Pentagon sources, who despite claiming to have evidence of the targeting malfunction, could not identify where, precisely, the missiles landed.

"In contrast to CNN we do not talk with reference to anonymous sources," Konashenkov said. "We show the launch of our rockets and the targets they struck."

Indeed, the Russian Defense Ministry has posted a number of videos to prove the accuracy of its targeting systems.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/world/20151008/1028231635/iran-russia-isil-missile.html#ixzz3o0Uw7O3A

So much dis information everywhere. CNN and their " US official told cnn" line

1 Like

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
Missy89:

So much dis information everywhere. CNN and their " US official told cnn" line
A Russian citizen and political analyst said, "Russia may now
know flaws of Kalibr
missiles,previously untested in real-
life setting" I think Russia and Iran wants to downplay their error
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Missy89(f): 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
Truthpallbearer:
A Russian citizen and political analyst said, "Russia may now
know flaws of Kalibr
missiles,previously untested in real-
life setting" I think Russia and Iran wants to downplay their error

If 22 out of 26 hit their targets I dont think it is that bad considering this is the first time the weapon is used. That said, Russia is using Syria to test most of their new tactics and weapons. So yeah good point. Both side are really getting good at dishing out disinfo

1 Like

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
Missy89:

If 22 out of 26 hit their targets I dont think it is that bad considering this is the first time the weapon is used. That said, Russia is using Syria to test most of their new tactics and weapons. So yeah good point. Both side are really getting good at dishing out disinfo
Russia is out to banish the Afghan woes with these actions, like how America banished Vietnam woes during Operation Desert Storm.
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Tkester: 10:34pm On Oct 08, 2015
Missy89:

Something smells fishy! "at least four missiles crashed as they flew over Iran." And then in the next paragraph "It's unclear where in Iran the missiles landed. Wonder how they were so precise with the number of missles , while not having a clue where they landed.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by ladkud(m): 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
NairaMinted:

that is a lie America media propaganda Iranian official have rejected the claim.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Missy89(f): 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
ladkud:

that is a lie America media propaganda Iranian official have rejected the claim.

So You believe an Iranian official but you are refusing to believe an American official why? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
Missy89:

What i meant by no one is concerned about Russia selling weapons you talking about is that US is more concerned about Russia loosing possession of her nukes to conventional arms since there treaties in place that deal with legal arms sales and most of the "money" you claim US is lobby Russia with has to do with securing her nukes and NOT conventional arms.

Military corporation is necessary between the 2 nuke powers. China isn't one. around 80 percent of all nukes are owned by either Russia and the US hence the military corporation. Can you provide evidence where the US lobbies Russia with money not to sell arms? China has not experience a political change like the soviet union did. Chinese government might be communist but it is stable. The same way China is concerned and have contingency plans for NK because of the unstable govt there was the same way US was concerned about Soviet Union's huge arsenal when it went belly up hence the financial support which still continued till today (not sure anymore since Ukraine).

Every military respects each other, that's a professional courtesy doesn't mean the are equals when it comes to power projection.Russia wants the same respect that was given to the Soviet Union which she is trying to earn

The S300 you mentioned was a unilateral decision by Russia is it not?. Israel might have influence in US policy but the your S300 example doesn't make any sense. If the influence on US policy is what you say it is, Why is the US interested in a detente in with Iran when Israel is against it? And America is going thru with it anyway.

If you want to talk about Russia and the US talk about Russia and the US. Israel is another topic entirely.

Your arguments about the US lack of concerned of China Nukes because China is a communist country and therefore more stable than Russia is laughable. You contradicted yourself by saying China is concerned about NK, its fellow communist neighbour. So, a communist country is not that stable afterall. Russia may have plenty of nukes, but make no mistake, a hundred nuke is safer in the hands of Russia than 2 in the hands of China, NK, India, or Pakistan.

Respect as in form of professional courtesy among world military is entirely a different thing. Whether or not US & Russia are "equal" is a matter of interpretation. However, one thing you can not deny is, no country can dare challenge either in a conventional war, and think it stands a chance. Also, neither US nor Russia can assure itself of victory should the two countries go to even a conventional war. Even with conventional weapons, both countries are equally capable of inflicting destruction of unimaginable proportion to one and another. Such uncertainty between these two countries in an all out conventional war, is the respect the two have for each other. Same cant be said of a conventional war between US vs China for instance, or Russia vs Britain where there is certainty as to who'll be victorious.

You kept using the world "Unilaterally" as if words really hold on to their literal meanings as far as foreign politics/relations is concerned. Example, every countries vote in the UN is considered Unilateral, but most votes comes at a cost (mostly political & economical incentives) , and not out of just free will. Countries like Poland and Czech and other former soviets countries, have agreed to host US missile defense systems, against the wishes of majority of their populace because of the huge economic/political incentives US attached to such agreements. Even though one could say such agreement is "Unilateral", it was no doubt a "unilateral" agreement that was bought by the US . Such was the case with Russia and the sale of S300.

Yes, US govt foreign policy is greatly influenced by Israel. Thats no brainer. But even that has its limits. Iran even with nukes, by no means pose any threat to US. But it is Israel who has been hyper worried about Iran. US govt loves Israel more than any country in the world no doubt , but it wont commit political suicide at home for Israel. The US govt reputation has already taken a bashing at home, because if its criminal war in Iraq. And sending tens of thousands of American soldiers to die in Iran for Israel's, is plain political suicide. So, US chose detente and gave Netanyahu the middle finger with the Nuclear deal. Kind of like "sorry Israel, I love you, but I love meself more".

2 Likes

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Shymm3x: 11:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
Missy89:

So You believe an Iranian official but you are refusing to believe an American official why? cheesy

Why should he believe a US official with no proof? Is Iran now in America or what?

Didn't the same US officials use fake satellite pictures during the Ukrainian crisis?

The whole world is behind Russia - I honestly don't know why you're stuck on stupid by defending the wickedness of US officials everywhere. You sound butthurt like Ashton Carter. Or do you fantasise about Jihadists in ya dream? grin

3 Likes

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
^^I wonder too. There is a media/propaganda war going out there. It helps to listen to stories other than those always coming from the Main Stream Media at this point in time.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Shymm3x: 11:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
Missy89:

Isn't that Bush's excuse for invading Iraq?

A Russkie falling into captivity wont look to good for Putin and will be a propaganda win for the jihadist/media that is my point. Contrary to what you might want to believe, the minimal success i was talking about was actually reported by pro Assad/ Russian war journalist most of it is not even in the mainstream media on both sides.

Lol. I see you have developed amnesia - Bush's excuse for invading Iraq was cos of the non-existent weapons of mass destruction and 9/11. This is what happens when folks get caught up in propaganda. They start trying to rewrite history. So you forgot about the infamous Colin Powell and Donald Rumsfeld's WMD tales at the UN, no?

No one is reporting minimal success anywhere apart from the butthurt US media. Even the British media isn't reporting anything. Moreover, it's too early to determine anything since the troops are just moving in.

1 Like

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by NairaMinted: 11:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
Tkester:

Something smells fishy! "at least four missiles crashed as they flew over Iran." And then in the next paragraph "It's unclear where in Iran the missiles landed. Wonder how they were so precise with the number of missles , while not having a clue where they landed.

Excellent point! Whilst I acknowledge that this may very well have some element of truth, the details (or lack thereof) provided by these "two unnamed U.S. officials" is suspicious.

1 Like

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Missy89(f): 11:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol. I see you have developed amnesia - Bush's excuse for invading Iraq was cos of the non-existent weapons of mass destruction and 9/11. This is what happens when folks get caught up in propaganda. They start trying to rewrite history. So you forgot about the infamous Colin Powell and Donald Rumsfeld's WMD tales at the UN, no?

No one is reporting minimal success anywhere apart from the butthurt US media. Even the British media isn't reporting anything. Moreover, it's too early to determine anything since the troops are just moving in.

So are you saying Bush never said " We need to attack them there so they wont get us here?" You might want to do your research.

Troops have been deployed since yesterday. 2 day offensive so far and little ground gained. That is according to few Pro Putin and Assad war journalists on the ground.
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by NairaMinted: 11:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

She no go gree. Let her be!
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Missy89(f): 11:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

Why should he believe a US official with no proof? Is Iran now in America or what?

Didn't the same US officials use fake satellite pictures during the Ukrainian crisis?

The whole world is behind Russia - I honestly don't know why you're stuck on stupid by defending the wickedness of US officials everywhere. You sound butthurt like Ashton Carter. Or do you fantasise about Jihadists in ya dream? grin

That was sarcasm you might want to read my previous post to the same information

The thing with you Putin groupies is that you think you are immune from propaganda when you are in deep yourselves. So according to your logic, "Iran officials" is a credible source of Information and an "American official" is not? What is the difference between the two of them?

So when are you moving to Siberia?
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Shymm3x: 11:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
Missy89:

So are you saying Bush never said " We need to attack them there so they wont get us here?" You might want to do your research.

Troops have been deployed since yesterday. 2 day offensive so far and little ground gained. That is according to few Pro Putin and Assad war journalists on the ground.

But was that the primary reason - or the Saddam weapon of mass destruction story?

And is that how you gain ground in a war, against an enemy that has been rooted in a place for months? Did the US achieve that even in Libya with all its bombings?

1 Like

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Shymm3x: 11:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
Missy89:

That was sarcasm you might want to read my previous post to the same information

The thing with you Putin groupies is that you think you are immune from propaganda when you are in deep yourselves. So according to your logic, "Iran officials" is a credible source of Information and an American official is not? So when are you movie to Siberia?

I'm not a Putin groupie...you're the one stuck in propaganda and vacuous American exceptionalism that only exist to blinkered dolts.

And where did the supposed missiles crash land -Iran or Alaska? So who should be the right source for information about it?

Do I look like I live in the US? When folks like you have nothing cerebral to say, they start spouting the Siberia nonsense. Fvck the US...I'm from the UK and I live in my darn country. And out here - it's about objectivity and European interests first before some lousy paper-tiger country with no sense of humanity that's hell bent on destroying the world. How many people are these plonkers going to kill before someone puts an end to their madness. If Putin is the man to do it, so be it.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Missy89(f): 11:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

But was that the primary reason - or the Saddam weapon of mass destruction story?

And is that how you gain ground in a war, against an enemy that has been rooted in a place for months? Did the US achieve that even in Libya with all its bombings?

I was only alluding to your analogy which sounds like Bush's. Primary reason is irrelevant in that context ( Only you really think the primary reason for Putin is to go fight the Jihadist?)

Forget Libya and the US. Russia and her proxies are the one on the offensive. Lets stick to that. 2 days have offensive minimal progress? YES Or NO? I also said it is too early to tell if it will be an eventual success so I dont get your criticism
Re: Russia Launches Cruise Missles From Warships In Caspian Sea by Missy89(f): 11:54pm On Oct 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

I'm not a Putin groupie...you're the one stuck in propaganda and vacuous American exceptionalism that only exist to blinkered dolts.

And where did the supposed missiles crash land -Iran or Alaska? So who should be the right source for information about it?

Do I look like I live in the US? When folks like you have nothing cerebral to say, they start spouting the Siberia nonsense. Fvck the US...I'm from the UK and I live in my darn country. And out here - it's about objectivity and European interests first before some lousy paper-tiger country with no sense of humanity that's hell bent on destroying the world. How many people are these plonkers going to kill before someone puts an end to their madness. If Putin is the man to do it, so be it.

You have been sounding like one.
So you think Putin's Primary reason is to go kill Jihadist in Syria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / 12 Years After September 11, Haunting Memories Of Terror Attack / Gambian President, Adama Barrow's Inauguration Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.