Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,708 members, 7,805,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit (12505 Views)

Kunle Olajide: We Will Sacked All The Yoruba Leaders That Shunned Ibadan Summit / Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt / "Donald Trump May Pull US From Fight Against Boko Haram In Nigeria" - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Ilekeh(f): 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I know those muffughs well but i'm not interested in replying every single one of them, that's stress but the major issue i have with this thread is not the romanis.Those ones are just naturally stvpid. The major issue i have is with the Yorubas. Why is it that everytime there's a bi-ass-fran thread, Yorubas are always the first to jump on it but when it comes to threads like this, we don't see them

I get your point and we share the same frustration. The taxiway-shaped head cowards just create useless threads so that they appear on Google and Yorubas fall for it by replying and helping them with their devious cause.
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Candyrain(m): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
It is time to hold Nairaland Political Confab... Every Region should be represented so as to chart a way forward.

I concur but how do we get/convince north to be part of it?
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Ilekeh(f): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
Candyrain:

Giving them education/technology
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
Ilekeh:

I get your point and we share the same frustration. The taxiway-shaped head cowards just create useless threads so that they appear on Google and Yorubas fall for it by replying and helping them with their devious cause.

True words! back to the topic, I think the only way we can get true federalism is through southern co-operation and that sounds impossible. The north is clearly not interested in it. They own this business you know
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
lygn19:
mumu people

Bros, abeg na wetin make them mumu?
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
wytecat:
Am I missing something here Both the return to regionalism and state police Yoruba asked for were killed and never allowed to sail through, so what's in the confab report for Yoruba?

THE PRACTICE OF TRUE FEDERALISM
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Ilekeh(f): 5:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
funkiebully:
ugly picture

Is biafra a woman or a puzzyazz negro in that picture?
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
Candyrain:

We have Northerners on this forum. Perhaps we should all listen to each other
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by funkiebully: 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
[s]
Ilekeh:

Is biafra a woman or a puzzyazz negro in that picture?
[/s]

Ask Ur mama

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Ilekeh(f): 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

True words! back to the topic, I think the only way we can get true federalism is through southern co-operation and that sounds impossible. The north is clearly not interested in it. They own this business you know

The North agree to wetin?
lolololol
If the rest of the South agrees and the loudmouth chestbeating dolts continue to rope a war story around their throat, we can achieve true federalism. Can't we? Or must the whole south agree?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Ilekeh(f): 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
funkiebully:
[s][/s]

Ask Ur mama

My mama is not from the land of rising crime.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by DFemaleBoss(f): 5:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
Yollowba pull out of where? Who dash fear fear Yollowba liver. cheesy grin

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2015
Ilekeh:

The North agree to wetin?
lolololol
If the rest of the South agrees and the loudmouth chestbeating dolts continue to rope a war story around their throat, we can achieve true federalism. Can't we? Or must the whole south agree?

Lool you and i know the northerners are clearly in charge.We and the romanis constitute nothing less than 70% of the south and the only way that can happen is our co-operation with another large population which is them and i don't see that happening.
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by wytecat: 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
That's why I asked if there's something I'm missing, it meant, I'm open to be corrected. There were itsy bitsy reports of all that happened at the conference in all the newspapers then, and Falana also made a statement along my comment, but if you think we got those two important requests Yoruba went to the conference with, I would like to see the reports you have, it would be a relief if our wish were granted.

I really hope it's not what I'm thinking - that this is DOG and PONY show from Pdp.

MayorofLagos:

The official report has not been released to the public. For someone who spent last two days demanding fact based information, where did you obtain information that regionalism and state police was killed?
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by cjay4luv: 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
My igbo brodas can u guys please stop all this childish statement.this is an issue that affects all of us.its not limited to the SW alone.let's show som maturity

1 Like

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by coolitempa(f): 5:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
I have always argued that Yorubas have been the ones who have always been at the forefront of regionalism......if we do not get this.....we must seriously consider pulling out of this Union.... angry......we are the ones keeping this country together and we have all the essential ingredients to do better on our own..... angry......homogeneity......access to sea....to the air......educated class.........and tolerance....... angry

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by DFemaleBoss(f): 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2015
[s]
funkiebully:
Cowardly Anuofias!

Try it let's see. Enjoy awolowo's hard fought one Nigeria ndi ara!

If person wan pull out he go begin announce am with conditional statement like "may"

Id1ots! Toothless bingos!
[/s]

Amaka you're a bast*rd! Instead of you to take care of your ashewo mother, you're here abusing yorubas. Thunder fire your flat yansh. mkpi

1 Like

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Leopardd(m): 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hahaha, we must die in One Nigeria oh

We love our diversity in unity abi unity in diversity and our backwardness is awesome.

Yoruba ronu, good morning.

You can never see the insensible minions on this thread, but change that heading to Biafra or Igbo or Ijaw, you will see them, including the stupid ones who pick people's pix off fb to post and make mockery off.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by emmalexabl(m): 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
AND WE WOULD MAKE SURE THAT WON'T HAPPEN.
NOT IN THIS GENERATION AND NOT EVEN IN THE NEXT TO COME..
I WOULD GLADLY JOIN THE NIGERIAN ARMY TO MAKE SURE I TAKE MY OWN POUND OF FLESH !!

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by funkiebully: 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
[s]
kaakulator3:
[s][/s]

Amaka you're a bast*rd! Instead of you to take care of your ashewo mother, you're here abusing yorubas.Thunder fire your flat yansh. mkpi
[/s]

Thunder scatter Ur mama ewedu growing totou.

Ashaaawo kobo kobo!

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by tsdarkside(m): 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
IROHINOodua:

By Tunde Akinsola, Ibadan
Some leaders today in Ibadan warned that the Yoruba will reconsider her membership of the Nigerian federation if the cultural and political marginalization continues unabated. The summit is not impressed by the slogan of renaissance renting the air, saying that the country has merely slid into the firm grip of another self-serving ethnic cabal intent on pinning the country down in her historic state of control my vested interests.
Presided over by former Governor of the Western Region, General Adeyinka Adebayo the summit warn that the Yoruba will no longer tolerate the sustenance of the country’s garrison structure which they claim undermine self actualization of the people of the South West.
Irohinodua correspondent reports that the summit said failure to restructure Nigeria using the 2014 confab report might force the Yoruba people to review her place in a political arrangement that cannot guarantee the protection of her citizens. Factional leaders of the Oodua Peoples Congress, (OPC), Dr Fredrick Faseun and Otunba Gani Adams were unanimous in saying that the time to “leave Nigeria” and assert the sovereignty of the Yoruba people is now.
The summit strongly condemned what it described as the “invasion and killing of people in Yoruba territories” by the Fulani herdsmen. The summit held in the House of Chiefs Section of the Parliament Building of the Oyo State Secretariat with the theme “National Insecurity and the Menace of Fulani Herdsmen in Yorubaland.” The participants also decried the continued oppression of the Yoruba in their homeland by armed Fulani herdsmen.
The summit cite incessant cases of rape, destruction of economic plants that form the bedrock of the livelihood of locals, the armed violence unleashed by the nomads coupled with the consequent cultural disequilibrium the displacement of people from crisis-ridden Northern Nigeria have brought to communities in Yorubaland adding that subsequent governments in Nigeria have come into power waving slogans that end up leaving the country worse than they met it.
They demanded an immediate end to lawless nomadic activities in the South West warning that any community who cannot establish ranches for their flock should retreat from Yoruba territories. “The Yoruba people are no longer ready to tolerate mindless encroachment on their means of livelihood by any ungrateful tenants”, the gathering stated as part of its resolutions. The summit appear to be a mixture of Yoruba nationalists who have remained steadfast for ages and a sizeable flavour of people who worked for the ousted former President Goodluck Jonathan, leaving the possible impression that the summit has an iota of the usual sharp ideological and sometimes raucous divisions that have characterized Yoruba internal politics since independence.
Some observers think the Yoruba supporters of the ousted President Jonathan are anxious to seek relevance in a new environment that appears to have pushed them into the back bench of anomie. But the Afenifere spokesperson, Mr Yinka Odumakin said his group will always defend the objective interests of the Yoruba people. An official of the Oodua Liberation Movement, (OLM) Mr Popoola Ajayi said though the supporters of the ousted President Jonathan were prominent at the summit, the “reality is that many Yoruba people are disillusioned about the state of affairs in Nigeria and patience is running out.” He said after working for the emergence of President Mohammadu Buhari, the Yoruba people are “desperate to know if the alignment with the Fulani would lead to the restructuring of Nigeria and create political and economic freedom for the Yoruba” adding that the recent appointments by the President undermines the regime’s integrity.
He said “we the Yoruba people want to control our economy, security and natural resources including the sea ports.”
At the event were prominent Yoruba sons and daughters from the academia, politics and the Diaspora. The sponsors of the summit were Yoruba Council of Elders, (YCE), Oodua Foundation, Afenifere and the Yoruba Unity Forum, (YUF). Some of the participants included the Oyo State Deputy Governor, Otunba Moses Alake Adeyemo, who represented the State Governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi; Sola Ebiseni, who represented the Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Mimiko, Pa Olanihun Ajayi, Pa Ayo Adebanjo, Pa Supo Sonibare, Prof Banji Akintoye, Prof Toun Ogunseye, the first woman Professor in Nigeria. Others were Dr Fredrick Faseun, Otunba Gani Adams, Dr Kunle Olajide, Chief Shuaib Oyedokun and the former Military governor of Lagos State, Brig-Gen Raji Rasaki among many others. The Afenifere Renewal Group, (ARG) and many other Pan-Yoruba groups were however absent at the summit.

pahhhh...like say,we others no dey go through the same thing,go ask the igbos...op,you are an idiat,,,we have a constistution and a army with code of conduct build over 50 years since independence.....dont forget our slogan in our athem"peace und unity...just forget that the nigerian army will chose sides...they will just take over power and rule nigeria alone,with a iron fist.... angry angry angry

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Decibel: 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
Did these cowards consult Tinubu before embarking on this suicide mission?

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by drss(m): 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
Finally! cheesy dem south west don wake up. D zoo is a mistake dat must be corrected. Dem have my total support.
D zoo must go down.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Decibel: 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
Fulanimafia, your slaves are considering leaving your forefathers estate. Are you in support of such ?

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by wytecat: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
To the Ibos here, what is your problem now? I thought you want Nigeria to divide?
You see why no one takes you seriously!

You whine that Yoruba are not asking to be on their own, and now that Yoruba are asking again, you are still crying.

All it takes is for international communities to visit a thread like this and they will quickly make up their minds that you DON'T want biafra, but you are just CONFUSED!
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Bitterleafsoup: 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
Now they know they were mumurized. Youruba had very important positions under GEJ. Your great son was featured on Forbes magazine your states were thriving, but you decided to bite the hand that fed you....

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
[s]
funkiebully:

Thunder scatter Ur mama ewedu growing totou.

Ashaaawo kobo kobo!
[/s]

Amaka I know you're angry because yoruba men are not paying you and your mother well. dirty useless daughter of a y.i.b.o prostitute. Instead of you to find a solution to the problem your mother is facing, you're here wasting your time on nairaland. between has indomie stopped gushing out of your mother's toto. no lie oo

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by 4stylz: 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
Danielstainz:
No they must still be slaves ...biafra is the only true land.

Talk of your own and don't bash others; I prefer yourbas to igbos anyday; You guys are just crooks.
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by forgiveness: 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
If the South West can't control their resources and determine their development by themselves, South west will regret in the future.
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by wytecat: 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
Oh I missed that!
But what's the difference between TRUE FEDERALISM and REGIONALISM?

byrron:

THE PRACTICE OF TRUE FEDERALISM
Re: Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit by WIZGUY69(m): 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
I agree with Our Responsible Yoruba Elders, even if we can't secede from Nigeria, let's go with regionalism. to be honest, other regions of Nigeria ain't our mate. we have the natural and human resources to stand on our own. our neighbours are the ones slowing our pace of development.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts To A Reception Members Of The Diplomatic Corps In Statehouse - PICS / EFCC Arraigns Femi Thomas Over $2.2m Transaction / Benue Killings: Enough Of This War, Life Is Sacred — David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.