Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God (15311 Views)

Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life / The Human Mind Is The True GOD / Why Mohamed Cannot Possibly Be A Prophet Of The True God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 4:15am On Oct 10, 2015
dolphinheart:

Definitely not the flesh and bone that he died with.

In John 2:19-21, Jesus said, "Destroy THIS TEMPLE and in three days I will raise it up."

"And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 "See MY HANDS and MY FEET, that it is I Myself; TOUCH ME and see, FOR a spirit [b]does not have flesh and bones as YOU SEE THAT I HAVE
," (Luke 24:38-39)

But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”John20:25[b]

For that was presented as a sacrifice for us.
The bible says jesus was ressurected as a life giving spirit.

If jesus was ressurected with his flesh and blood, Mary would definitely have recognized him when appeared to her na, but she thought he was a gardener even after having a discussion with him.

Jesus says Flesh and bones not blood.

Again when the scribes where questioning jesus about marriage after resurrection, jesus told them that those to be ressurected will be like angels, spirit creatures in heaven. No wonder paul said those to be ressurected to heaven will be ressurected just like jesus, having immortality and sharing in the divine nature, a spirit nature.

Just cuz mary didn't recognize jesus does not prove he was not physically resurrected, cuz himself said he was flesh and bone, what ever flesh he spoke about had the same holes and wounds.

Dnt think flesh and blood can have immortality, though they can have evalasting life.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 6:37am On Oct 10, 2015
Nice one OP....Thats just the bitter truth Trinitarian dont want to accept. Even when Jesus never in any verse said he is the Almighty God. God put his word in Jesus He said it that the words i speak are not mine. But from my Father who has sent me. Some doctrine now says if you dont believe that Jesus is God then you are out.(not saved)..

2 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 6:38am On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

That means they are not equal !!! Do you agree that the Father is THE God of Jesus ?

Authority ! That means Jesus is subjected to his commands .

Explain what you mean here ?

Nice questions...
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 7:24am On Oct 10, 2015
plappville:
Nice one OP....Thats just the bitter truth Trinitarian dont want to accept. Even when Jesus never in any verse said he is the Almighty God. God put his word in Jesus He said it that the words i speak are not mine. But from my Father who has sent me. Some doctrine now says if you dont believe that Jesus is God then you are out.(not saved)..

That's the problem wit u so called christians. U pick nd choose.

Again if jesus was not the true God, he should have not have allowed people to call him God.

Since he allowed people to call him God either shows he was God in the flesh or was a false prophet who deceive many.

He should not be taking titles of God for himself.

He should not have been telling his disciples to pray to him.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 8:00am On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

Again if jesus was not the true God, he should have not have allowed people to call him God.

Since he allowed people to call him God either shows he was God in the flesh or was a false prophet who deceive many.

Stop this nonsense , even an Angel allowed Manoah to call him God !!! - Judges 13 : 21,22
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 8:07am On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

Stop this nonsense , even an Angel allowed Manoah to call him God !!! - Judges 13 : 21,22

Not an angel, it's The angel of yahweh.

According to the Old Testament Scriptures, this figure is an appearance of Yahweh in human form.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 8:11am On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

Are u seriously saying jesus is not flesh and bones even tho he says:

"FLESH AND BONE as you see I HAVE".

At that moment , he has it because he is materilizing a human body LIKE ANGELS DID IN THE PAST !

Scripture describe the ressurection of Jesus :

" He was put to death IN THE flesh [physical body] " BUT , " was made alive IN THE spirit [spiritual body] " - 2 pet 3:18

Very plain and direct .

" it is sown a physical body ; it is raised a Spiritual body . If there is a physical body , there is also a spiritual one " - 1 Cor 15:44

2 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 8:12am On Oct 10, 2015
Clearly the Angel of Yahweh is a self-manifestation of Yahweh, for He speaks as God, identifies Himself with God, and claims to exercise the prerogatives of God.

And Yes I'm saying I believe jesus is that messenger who is an manifestation of God in the old testament.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 8:15am On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

Not an angel, it's The angel of yahweh.

Just listen to yourself . Not an angel o , yet the angel .

According to the Old Testament Scriptures, this figure is an appearance of Yahweh in human form.

So Yahweh is an angel ?

2 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:
Clearly the Angel of Yahweh is a self-manifestation of Yahweh, for He speaks as God, identifies Himself with God, and claims to exercise the prerogatives of God.

And Yes I'm saying I believe jesus is that messenger who is an manifestation of God in the old testament.

Wow ! So you belive Jesus is an Angel ?

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

At that moment , he has it because he is materilizing a human body LIKE ANGELS DID IN THE PAST !

Scripture describe the ressurection of Jesus :

" He was put to death IN THE flesh [physical body] " BUT , " was made alive IN THE spirit [spiritual body] " - 2 pet 3:18

Very plain and direct .

" it is sown a physical body ; it is raised a Spiritual body . If there is a physical body , there is also a spiritual one " - 1 Cor 15:44

If that was a different body it would not have had wounds or holes.

And don't tell me jesus just made the wounds appear temporary.

If jesus didn't raise in the same body I wonder what happen to his body in the tomb, maybe u also think the disciples stole his body.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 8:23am On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

Wow ! So you belive Jesus is an Angel ?

Yes I believe God sent his Word to us humans.

And no I don't believe in the common misconceptions about angels having winds, cuz that ain't biblical.

Because in the Hebrew it just meanings messenger or sent. Which is what I believe.

God sent his Word
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 8:25am On Oct 10, 2015
"Come, O Zion! Escape, you who live in the Daughter of Babylon!’ For this is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘After he has honored me and has sent me against the nations that have plundered you—for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye- I will surely raise my hand against them so that their slaves will plunder them. Then you will know that the LORD Almighty HAS SENT ME. Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. FOR I AM COMING, AND I WILL LIVE AMONG YOU,’ declares the LORD. ‘Many nations will be joined with the LORD in that day and will become MY people. I WILL LIVE AMONG YOU and you will know that the LORD Almighty HAS SENT ME to you. The LORD will inherit Judah as his portion in the holy land and will again choose Jerusalem. Be still before the LORD, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling.’" Zechariah 2:7-13
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 8:33am On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

Yes I believe God sent his Word to us humans.

And no I don't believe in the common misconceptions about angels having winds, cuz that ain't biblical.

Because in the Hebrew it just meanings messenger or sent. Which is what I believe.

God sent his Word

Since you agreed that Jesus is an ANGEL " messenger" of the Almighty God ! , the whole brick of trinity collapse !!!

3 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 8:46am On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

Since you agreed that Jesus is an ANGEL " messenger" of the Almighty God ! , the whole brick of trinity collapse !!!

Wrong the trinity does not collapse instead it supports it. Ur beliefs collapse cuz u a Unitarian(I'm assuming) , which leaves u with a problem cuz a "angel" in the old testament calls himself God almighty.

I have no problems cuz I believe the "messenger" is the Word of God, meaning God manifested his word in the form of a messenger.

U on the other hand( if u a Unitarian ) has a being u say ain't the word of God but a creation of God calling himself God, which is blasphemy according to the bible.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Maamin(m): 8:49am On Oct 10, 2015
Jesus being called God does not make him the almighty God...the word is simply a tittle assumed by man, supernatural force, or anything that is highly esteemed.

Yahweh is greatly distinguished by his name...he remains the most high God.

Shabbat shalom!

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 8:52am On Oct 10, 2015
Then he said, “I am the God of your father,[a] the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God. ( Exodus 3:6)

Here the messenger says he God.

And don't tell me it's OK to call urself God, cuz the bible does not agree wit that.

I am the Lord, and there is no other
apart from me there is no God (Isaiah 45:5)
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 8:59am On Oct 10, 2015
Maamin:
Jesus being called God does not make him the almighty God...the word is simply a tittle assumed by man, supernatural force, or anything that is highly esteemed.

Yahweh is greatly distinguished by his name...he remains the most high God.

Shabbat shalom!

"The 1st and last" is also a title of God, and I see jesus saying that.

I would love to see where in the bible is it okay to take titles of God for urself.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 10:26am On Oct 10, 2015
The God of the Bible is the Almighty, the Creator, the Most High, and no one compares to Him. Jesus Christ cannot be “God” if he says that our heavenly Father is his “God.”

You cannot be the “Most High God” and be in submission to the “Most High God” (1 Cor.15:28) and say that He is your God. This makes no sense.

If words truly have meaning, then one cannot be “God” and have a “God” at the same time.

Check out the verses below that clearly show that our Father is the “God” of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 1:17
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

Romans 15:6
…so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort…

Ephesians 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

1 Peter 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!

The above verses are very clear. Jesus Christ has a God. Who is the God of our Lord Jesus Christ? Ephesians 1:17 very clearly says that this God is our glorious Father.

Jesus Christ himself called our Father his “God” and Father many different times in Scripture.

John 20:17 (KJV)
…I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'”

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 10:30am On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

The only reason why you believe the trinity dogma is because the mother church invented it by twisting bible.
I was once like you believing everything from the old doctrine of the catholic. I became new the very day i decided to study the word of God by myself.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 10:31am On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

Just listen to yourself . Not an angel o , yet the angel .

So Yahweh is an angel ?

Yahweh cannot be an Angel that why Jesus is not Yahweh and Yahweh is not Jesus.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 10:44am On Oct 10, 2015
The bible is accurate and does not contradict itself.
James 1:13
For God cannot be tempted by evil.

Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin.

The Bible never says that Jesus’ “human nature” was tempted, it says “Jesus” was tempted. Nowhere does it say that “part” of Jesus was tempted; it was “all” of him. If Jesus is God, this is a clear contradiction. Fortunately, Jesus is the human Son of God, so there is no contradiction.

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 10:49am On Oct 10, 2015
plappville:
The God of the Bible is the Almighty, the Creator, the Most High, and no one compares to Him. Jesus Christ cannot be “God” if he says that our heavenly Father is his “God.”

You cannot be the “Most High God” and be in submission to the “Most High God” (1 Cor.15:28) and say that He is your God. This makes no sense.

If words truly have meaning, then one cannot be “God” and have a “God” at the same time.

Check out the verses below that clearly show that our Father is the “God” of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 1:17
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

Romans 15:6
…so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort…

Ephesians 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

1 Peter 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!

The above verses are very clear. Jesus Christ has a God. Who is the God of our Lord Jesus Christ? Ephesians 1:17 very clearly says that this God is our glorious Father.

Jesus Christ himself called our Father his “God” and Father many different times in Scripture.

John 20:17 (KJV)
…I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'”

Quoting verses showing jesus was human proves nothing cuz u ignoring all the verses which portray jesus as God.

Isaiah 42:8—“I am the LORD, that is My name; 
I will not give My glory to another

Yet

John 17:5—“Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was[b].”

Revelation 1:8[b]"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God
, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Yet

Revelation 1:17-18 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

All this is just ignored by unitarians cuz it does not support their views.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 11:00am On Oct 10, 2015
plappville:

Well that's according to u not the bible.

The bible says the Angel is God, the bible says the Angel is the God of the prophets, the bible says:

See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, SINCE MY NAME IS IN HIM. (Exodus 23:20-21).

Since when do created beings have the authority to forgive sins or since wen does God say his name is in a created unperfect being.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 11:25am On Oct 10, 2015
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning"...... The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us(John 1:1-2,7)

Again to bible agrees with my views, that Jesus has always existed with God as his eternal word and became flesh.

"From birth I was cast on you
from my mother’s womb you have been my God". (Psalm 22:10)

Exactly what I believe that The Father became jesus God at his birth.

"Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him (John 5:23)

Then you will know that the LORD Almighty HAS SENT ME. Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. FOR I AM COMING, AND I WILL LIVE AMONG YOU,’ declares the LORD. ‘Many nations will be joined with the LORD in that day and will become MY people. I WILL LIVE AMONG YOU and you will know that the LORD Almighty HAS SENT ME to you.(Zechariah 2:7-13)

Again agreeing with those who believe in the trinity.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 11:48am On Oct 10, 2015
plappville:

The only reason why you believe the trinity dogma is because the mother church invented it by twisting bible.
I was once like you believing everything from the old doctrine of the catholic. I became new the very day i decided to study the word of God by myself.

Catholics didn't created the doctrine of the trinity.

If they did I wonder why Justin Martyr (100-165). Who knew the disciples of the apostles of jesus thought jesus was God.

And why Ignatius of Antioch (A.D. 35-110) who knew the disciples of jesus also thought jesus was God.

Clement of Rome (A.D. ?-101) Also knew paul and Peter agrees with the trinity

So saying that the catholic church invented the trinity is a false statement cuz those who were disciples of the apostles of jesus believe jesus was God, jesus apostles believed jesus was God.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 12:49pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

Quoting verses showing jesus was human proves nothing cuz u ignoring all the verses which portray jesus as God.

Isaiah 42:8—“I am the LORD, that is My name; 
I will not give My glory to another

Yet

John 17:5—“Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was[b].”

Revelation 1:8[b]"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God
, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Yet

Revelation 1:17-18 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

All this is just ignored by unitarians cuz it does not support their views.

This means you are ignoring John 14:24

"He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me".

What else is as clear as this. The Father talks through Jesus who is our mediator. God send him to us. He speaks for God not for Himself. Jesus devine nature is vivid. There is no two ways about it. But he is Not God Almighty. He said so. Just believe that when He is talking put John 14:24 in action then you will vision God talking through Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

Wrong the trinity does not collapse instead it supports it. Ur beliefs collapse cuz u a Unitarian(I'm assuming) , which leaves u with a problem cuz a "angel" in the old testament calls himself God almighty.

I have no problems cuz I believe the "messenger" is the Word of God, meaning God manifested his word in the form of a messenger.

U on the other hand( if u a Unitarian ) has a being u say ain't the word of God but a creation of God calling himself God, which is blasphemy according to the bible.

An angel is a " messenger" lol . Hosea 12 :3 ,4 where the angel that Jacob fight with is called God .

Note : you finally agree with the JW's that Jesus is an Angel . grin .

2 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

Well that's according to u not the bible.

The bible says the Angel is God, the bible says the Angel is the God of the prophets, the bible says:

No bro, the bible did not said the Angel is God. But that He was Christ.

1corinthians 10:2-4
2: They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3: They all ate the same spiritual food
4: and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Dont tell me Paul can not distinguished between God and Jesus?

See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, SINCE MY NAME IS IN HIM. (Exodus 23:20-21).

Since when do created beings have the authority to forgive sins or since wen does God say his name is in a created unperfect being.

This is not a created being. It was Christ that was sent to Follow them. God Name cannot be In God. Take a deep look at the {My name is in Him} . Two different person in this picture. One sending the other for a mission.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
plappville:

Thanks dear , infact scripture clearly said : Yahweh ALONE is the most High God ( Psalm 83:18)

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

An angel is a " messenger" lol . Hosea 12 :3 ,4 where the angel that Jacob fight with is called God .

Note : you finally agree with the JW's that Jesus is an Angel . grin .

Wrong I don't agree with JW who mistranslate the bible. John 1:1 says jesus is God yet they mistranslate as always.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
plappville:

No bro, the bible did not said the Angel is God. But that He was Christ.

1corinthians 10:2-4
2: They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3: They all ate the same spiritual food
4: and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Dont tell me Paul can not distinguished between God and Jesus?

This is not a created being. It was Christ that was sent to Follow them. God Name cannot be In God. Take a deep look at the {My name is in Him} . Two different person in this picture. One sending the other for a mission.

That means jesus must be GOD!

Cuz only God is eternal. Thank u for agreeing with The true christian views of jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.