Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God (15310 Views)

Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life / The Human Mind Is The True GOD / Why Mohamed Cannot Possibly Be A Prophet Of The True God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by dolphinheart(m): 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

Jesus is not mighty God but he is actually a god.
Jesus is not God yet he allows people to calling the God.
God the Father says there's no God besides but John 1:1 disagrees cuz u say a god.
God the Father says he is the 1st and last but jesus a mere man(according to u) says the same.
Bro , the issue is on "almighty god", not "mighty god" or "god" or titles.
The bible let's us know there are many gods and many lords. But are there many "almighty gods" as you are trying to insinuate?

Adress the points one by one

2 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

Mere Humans are not called mighty God!

Humans are not uncreated.

All ANGELS are created beings !!! cheesy

Jesus is also created ! Jesus said he is " the beginning of the creation by God " Rev 3:14 .

Humans are not called the Lord of sabbath.
Humans do not called themselves the 1st and last.
Humans definitely don't call themselves the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob etc.

Jesus is not the God of Abraham , Isaac And Jacob . HE HIS A SERVANT to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

" The God of Abraham , Isaac and of Jacob , the God of our forefathers has glorified his Servant , Jesus " - Act 3:13

2 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

1st context determines how a verse should be translated from one language to another.

2nd if "a god" is right (which it is not) it directly contradictions (Isaiah 45:5) where God says there are no gods beside him.

3rd - No Greek new testament scholars agree with JW translations.

4th if jesus was a god, he should have corrected Thomas for saying he is " the God of me", he should have said to Thomas I'm not the God I'm a god.

The original greek doesnt differentiate God from god , like english language . Do you still need to be taught this ?

The greek word is " theos" , if "a god" is wrong , why is Act 28:6 rendered a god with refernce to paul ? Note: Theos is theos .

2 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2015
dolphinheart:

Bro , the issue is on "almighty god", not "mighty god" or "god" or titles.
The bible let's us know there are many gods and many lords. But are there many "almighty gods" as you are trying to insinuate?

Adress the points one by one

Wrong the bible says there's only 1 God, beside this 1 God there are no other gods, the other gods are false gods.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

Wrong the bible says there's only 1 God, beside this 1 God there are no other gods, the other gods are false gods.

Who is the "one God" ?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 5:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

The original greek doesnt differentiate God from god , like english language . Do you still need to be taught this ?

The greek word is " theos" , if "a god" is wrong , why is Act 28:6 rendered a god with refernce to paul ? Note: Theos is theos .

I know the original Greek has no God nd god. The only reason we capitalized the G in god is to indicate the true God Is being spoke of.

Context determines how we translate from 1 language to another language.

It's translated as a god CUZ IT'S REFERENCE TO PAUL.

IF THE THEOS (WITHOUT THE ARTICLE) WAS SPEAKING ABOUT THE FATHER SHOULD WE ALSO TRANSLATE IT AS A GOD.

As a matter of fact why don't we translate John 1-18 "a god" everywhere theos occurs without the article.

Should christians translate the bible like that ignoring context completely?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

Who is the "one God" ?

Yahweh who I believe is a trinity.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

Who is the "one God" ?

And do u believe the father is God and there is no God besides him.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

This is the one God !

" For US , there is one God , THE FATHER "
- 1 cor 8:6

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

And do u believe the father is God and there is no God besides him.

Yes . ONLY the Father ( 1 Cor 8:6 )

3 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

I know the original Greek has no God nd god. The only reason we capitalized the G in god is to indicate the true God Is being spoke of.

IF THE THEOS (WITHOUT THE ARTICLE) WAS SPEAKING ABOUT THE FATHER SHOULD WE ALSO TRANSLATE IT AS A GOD.

As a matter of fact why don't we translate John 1-18 "a god" everywhere theos occurs without the article.

If so @ bold , ONLY the Father is the true God, Jesus is the person he sent . [John 17:3]

2 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

This is the one God !

and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ,

I guess using ur logic Paul denied that the father was his Lord when he said Jesus is the only Lord.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by dolphinheart(m): 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

Bro, read psalms 82:6, john 10:34
And 1 cor 8:5.

There are no other gods that we should worship. There are no other god that can save us.
That someone or something is a false god does not mean he is not a god .
The scripture calls Satan the god of these system of things. Is Satan a false god? Yes, but he is still the god of these system of things. Or does Satan being a false god not make him a god?

Now who is the "true god" ? Who did jesus call "the only true god" ?
Is that person that jesus called the "only true god " jesus? .
If that person is not jesus, why do you then believe that jesus is the true god when jesus himself has said another person is the only true god.?

You are deliberately refusing to explain the points you said trinity can explain. Tell us how trinity explains those points one by one.

3 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by dolphinheart(m): 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

"and the word was a god" . Was the part speaking about the father? No!.

3 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

Yes . ONLY the Father ( 1 Cor 8:6 )

Then why is a "mere man" saying he is the 1st and the last"

Why is a "mere angel" saying he is the God of Abraham, isaac,jacob.

Why is the father giving his glory to a another when he said he gives his glory to no another!
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ,

I guess using ur logic Paul denied that the father was his Lord when he said Jesus is the only Lord.

This is what happen when you dont read your bible . It was the Father that give Jesus the title " Lord " . [ Act 2: 36] So paul respect that !

3 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 6:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
dolphinheart:

"and the word was a god" . Was the part speaking about the father? No!.

that's not the point, the point is u said theos should be translated as "a god " ( if there is no definite article, I'm assuming u JW).

So if that were true then from John 1:2 till John 1:18 must be translated as "a god " cuz the definite article does not appear in John 1:2,3,7,18 where theos occurs

And if u tell me it's not so cuz of the context, then I don't no why u asking me why paul is translated as a god nd not God
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by dolphinheart(m): 6:27pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

Why is the father giving his glory to a another when he said he gives his glory to no another!

1. Mere man never said those words
2 first and the last of what? Is first and the last a title, name or position that can only be held or called by only one person like the almighty god.?
3. A mere angel never said he is god of abraham ,Isaac, Jacob .
The scriptures helps to explain that that angel has the name of god on him. The scripture helps to explain that he is a servant of god.

4 where did you see the father give his glory to another. ?

2 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

There is a big difference between how God describes himself as first and last and how Jesus use it !!!

Jesus is the servant of the God of Abraham , Isaac And Jacob ( Act 3:13)

Give his glory ? Show me that from the bible .

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

This is the one God !

This is what happens when u don't read ur bible

Then he said, ‘I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.

I thought the father is the only god yet a angel calls himself God.

"while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, (Titus 2:13)

Angel- "I am the God of Bethel (anoki ha El bethel), where you anointed a pillar and made a vow to me"

Seems to me like the bible just said Jesus is God.
And it just said a angel is God.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by dolphinheart(m): 6:35pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

that's not the point, the point is u said theos should be translated as "a god " ( if there is no definite article, I'm assuming u JW).
I never said such nor implied such. If such where true, then all mention of "theos" should have been translated as "a god". But as this is not so , then it means ur assumptions are false.
I was following ur explanation and used ur explanation on context and "the father" to determine where "theos" should be translated as "god " or "a god" .

So if that were true then from John 1:2 till John 1:18 must be translated as "a god " cuz the definite article does not appear in John 1:2,3,7,18 where theos occurs

And if u tell me it's not so cuz of the context, then I don't no why u asking me why paul is translated as a god nd not God

Look at the statement above. I used ur own view Bro.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by dolphinheart(m): 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

This is what happens when u don't read ur bible

Then he said, ‘I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.

I thought the father is the only god yet a angel calls himself God.

"while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, (Titus 2:13)

Angel- "I am the God of Bethel (anoki ha El bethel), where you anointed a pillar and made a vow to me"

Seems to me like the bible just said Jesus is God.
And it just said a angel is God.
Thank god, you did not see the word "almighty god" in those verses.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 6:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

There is a big difference between how God describes himself as first and last and how Jesus use it !!!

Wer is this big difference

If jesus was just a creation he should not have said he is the 1st and last in the 1st place.

Isaiah 44:6—Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me.

Isaiah 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, and Israel, whom I called! I am he; I am the first, and I am the last.

Revelation 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty

Revelation 1:17-18 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.”

Jesus is the servant of the God of Abraham , Isaac And Jacob ( Act 3:13)

Jesus became a servant.

"Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." Philippians 2:5-8

Give his glory ? Show me that from the bible .

[b]Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory which I had with you before the world was made.” [/b]John 17:5
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

[b]Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory which I had with you before the world was made.” [/b]John 17:5

So where his GIVE his glory here ?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 6:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
dolphinheart:

What, so u telling me angels can go around telling people they are the God of Abraham Isaac David, and they will not speaking against God when he said THERE IS NOT GOD BESIDES HiM.

Why don't u all start teaching u the God of abraham, Isaac if that's not blasphemy according to u.

Maybe we humans are allowed to take all god titles for ourselfs right?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 7:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
dolphinheart:
Lol
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 7:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
Jozzy4:

So where his GIVE his glory here ?

If that's not giving or sharing his glory then I don't no what is?

Cuz God clearly says he gives his glory to no other.

Jesus says God must glorify him WITH THE GLORY HE HAD WITH THE FATHER.

Had means he returning the glory which he shared with jesus!
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 7:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

@Richirich713: deut 6 :4 says hear, o israel the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

And moses did not say tht it was God that will come but a prophet just like him.

Deut the 18:15 the LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet kill me from âmong you, from among your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him. Will you now say that the Almighty God is Prophet too? Trinity doctrine sure contradicts the Bible if u read it with open mind.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 7:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
dolphinheart:

Seems like God is not ok with others being called God.

"They shouted, “This is the voice of a god, not of a man.” Immediately, because Herod did not give praise to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died. (Acts8:23)
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 7:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

If you insinuate two God then you contradict deut 6:4

God is one not two or three or One with three heads.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Jozzy4: 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

If that's not giving or sharing his glory then I don't no what is?
Cuz God clearly says he gives his glory to no other.
Jesus says God must glorify him WITH THE GLORY HE HAD WITH THE FATHER.
Had means he returning the glory which he shared with jesus!
Do you see GIVE HIS GLORY OR SHARE HIS GLORY in the verse ?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
plappville:

@Richirich713: deut 6 :4 says hear, o israel the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

And moses did not say tht it was God that will come but a prophet just like him.

Deut the 18:15 the LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet kill me from âmong you, from among your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him. Will you now say that the Almighty God is Prophet too? Trinity doctrine sure contradicts the Bible if u read it with open mind.

that's doesn't contradict the trinity cuz the trinity teaches that Jesus is fully human nd fully God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.