Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God (15315 Views)

Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life / The Human Mind Is The True GOD / Why Mohamed Cannot Possibly Be A Prophet Of The True God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
tevinsolt:

Man is also spirit, soul and body, ur point?

Essence means the abilities, the nature. Omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence are attributes of God angels or human don't posses. Jesus and the holy spirit are those things

I don't think they care wat the bible says, to them they can just pick and choose what they like and what they don't like.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by tevinsolt: 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
dolphinheart:

1. We van discuss the other 2 later, but what do you mean by omnipresence .?
2. Are you talking about attributes or nature?
3. What is the spirit,soul and body that man is made of?. How do they make up man? How can we identify each in man?

Omnipresence, means present everywhere. If truly there's a God, and he created the universe, space and time as we scientifically know it came to be simultaneously. If God is outside the dimension of space and time then he could see through it all.

"Attributes" and "Nature" are being used interchangeably in this case as synonyms.

i will paraphrase here. "and God said let us make man in our image, in our likeness.."
"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Gen. 2:7
the body is the vessel for the soul (self consciousness, mind, will, emotions), and the spirit is linked with spirit (God-conscious, conscience) you can pollute your mind which then leads your soul to eternal damnation, or you can feed your mind the right way and have eternal life.)

"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth." John 4:24
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by dolphinheart(m): 11:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
@ tevinsolt

Omnipresence, means present
everywhere. If truly there's a
God, and he created the
universe, space and time as we
scientifically know it came to be simultaneously. If God is outside the dimension of space and time then he could see through it all.

I wish you could have used the bible to explain all these. I dnt follow human philosophy and theories..

"Attributes" and "Nature" are being used interchangeably in this case as synonyms. i will paraphrase here. "and God said let us make man in our image, in our likeness.." "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Gen. 2:7
The verse you quoted to explain attributes and nature does not even make mention of any of the two.

Me and my brother have the same nature, we are both humans, but we no get the same attributes. They are not used interchangeably, cus they mean different things.

the body is the vessel for the soul (self consciousness, mind, will, emotions), and the spirit is
linked with spirit (God-conscious, conscience) you can pollute your mind which then leads your soul to eternal damnation, or you can feed your mind the right way and
have eternal life.)

You just layed out statements without using the scriptures to support them, to show us ur statements are true.

What happens to the soul when man loses consciousness, when man falls into coma. ?

What happens to the soul when man smokes correct oshogbo weed.? Does the weed affect the soul or body. For if you say the weed affects the body, then its the body that controls the consciousness and not the soul. And if you say its the soul, then its the soul that smoked the weed. And if you say its both, then it means that the soul is the body.
You can see that my analogy is also feeding the mind.

At yabaleft, they treat a mans consciousness through the use of physical things like drugs administered on the body.

You cut a mans legs off, you cut his hands of , you take his liver, you transplant his heart, you take his blood and tranfuse him with another blood . You then take all this parts and carry it from abuja to timbuktu. Where is that mans consciouness? Abuja or timbuktu? This will tell you that the brain is in charge of our mind. And the condition of that mind is mostly determined by what the body feeds it, either to pollute it or feed it with good things.

You have not answered : What is the spirit,soul and body that man is made of?.

"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth." John 4:24

Is man a spirit ?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by tevinsolt: 2:03am On Oct 14, 2015
Richirich713:

I don't think they care wat the bible says, to them they can just pick and choose what they like and what they don't like.

You are exactly right, they obviously can't harmonize, nor discern literary style.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by tevinsolt: 2:51am On Oct 14, 2015
dolphinheart:
@ tevinsolt

I wish you could have used the bible to explain all these. I dnt follow human philosophy and theories..

The verse you quoted to explain attributes and nature does not even make mention of any of the two.

Me and my brother have the same nature, we are both humans, but we no get the same attributes. They are not used interchangeably, cus they mean different things.

You just layed out statements without using the scriptures to support them, to show us ur statements are true.

What happens to the soul when man loses consciousness, when man falls into coma. ?

What happens to the soul when man smokes correct oshogbo weed.? Does the weed affect the soul or body. For if you say the weed affects the body, then its the body that controls the consciousness and not the soul. And if you say its the soul, then its the soul that smoked the weed. And if you say its both, then it means that the soul is the body.
You can see that my analogy is also feeding the mind.

At yabaleft, they treat a mans consciousness through the use of physical things like drugs administered on the body.

You cut a mans legs off, you cut his hands of , you take his liver, you transplant his heart, you take his blood and tranfuse him with another blood . You then take all this parts and carry it from abuja to timbuktu. Where is that mans consciouness? Abuja or timbuktu? This will tell you that the brain is in charge of our mind. And the condition of that mind is mostly determined by what the body feeds it, either to pollute it or feed it with good things.

You have not answered : What is the spirit,soul and body that man is made of?.

Is man a spirit ?

You said I haven't answered your question, meaning you already have a presupposition about the matter in question....share it.

Like I said the body is a vessel made from dust. Brain is part of the body, the soul while it is linked to the body it is distinct from the physical body. There's a ME separate from me....the Me that assess my actions everyday is the soul, the me that rebuke my misdeeds is my Soul which is the seat of my will and conciousness.

What exactly are you arguing against? Of course the body controls the soul to an extent, An amputee, still has it's conciousness intact, because the amputated organ is not essential for his brain survival....it only makes sense that a body that's going to function in a physical realm like planet earth, first must be made of earth, when the earthly part which is the body dies, it degrades. getting high or drunk impairs the brain, making it hard to make meaningful decisions. According to the bible, it is appointed to die once then comes judgement. Meaning there's a second death!

Man is a spirit.
About you not following philosophy of men, that's just funny and close minded.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
Richirich713:

Answers a question with a question?

Is he called Yahweh or God?

If he not called Yahweh, say so

If he not called God say so.

Ogà, what does elohim meàn?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
JMAN05:

Ogà, what does elohim meàn?

U tell me
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by dolphinheart(m): 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
@ tevinsolt

You said I haven't answered your question, meaning you already have a presupposition about the matter in question....share it.

It is you who claim that man is composed of 3 parts. I believe you made these assumptions based on ur knowledge of the scriptures. You made these assumptions without making reference to the scriptures to support ur views. Hence the dilemma here. I need to know if your view is bible based or on human philosophy and theories. I wunt discuss with you if ur belief is entirely based on human theories and not on the scriptures and realities.

I said you have not answered my question, and I reposted the question you did not answer, here is the question again :
What is the spirit,soul and
body that man is made of?.

Like I said the body is a vessel made from dust. Brain is part of the body, the soul while it is linked to the body it is distinct from the physical body. There's a ME separate from me....the Me that assess my actions everyday is the soul, the me that rebuke my misdeeds is my Soul which is the seat of my will and conciousness.

Is this human philosophy or bible based beliefs, if your post is from the bible, pls quote them for us.

Personally, what assess my actions everyday is my thought or thinking process. That thinking is determined by what I have felt, feeling, seen, seeing,touch ,touching,learnt learning, heard, hearing etc. And all these are being controlled by the physical world.
If I dnt know a word is abusive, I wunt know it is used to abuse me. If I dnt know it is used to abuse me , I wunt get angry when abused with that word. If I dnt get angry, I wunt react to anger. The consciousness of expressing anger is thus determined by the physical world. Hence ur consciouness is determined by ur body.

What rebukes me is my conscience , which is being determined by the knowledge I physically take in with my body.
As a Christian, I read(a physical process) or hear(another physical process) the bible, which helps train my thoughts that eating pork is not bad, but this(conscience) would have been opposite for me if I've been trained or trained myself to follow the koran.

What exactly are you arguing against? Of course the body controls the soul to an extent, An amputee, still has it's conciousness intact, because the amputated organ is not essential for his brain
survival....it only makes sense
that a body that's going to
function in a physical realm like planet earth, first must be made of earth, when the earthly part which is the body dies, it degrades. getting high or drunk impairs the brain, making it hard to make meaningful decisions.
According to the bible, it is
appointed to die once then
comes judgement. Meaning
there's a second death!

1. I'm not arguing, we are discussing about what you have said.
2. We have, both you and I have given known and defendable examples on how the body controls our thoughts and thinking process. But you have not shown with example how the soul controls the body

3. An amputee still has is consciousness intact, but where is this consciousness active? Is it not where his brain is? No matter what you do to the other body parts, as long as his brain still functions, his consciousness will be where that brain is and not where other body parts are.
These helps us to understand that our consciousness is determined by our brain and the info it received and nothing else, that is why if anything affects the brain(but does not lead to death)the consciouness of that person is affected. Let the substance be drugs, alcohol or weed, as long as it touches the brain ability to control the body, it affects ur consciouness. So how do we say that the soul is our consciouness?.
4. Again i ask : What happens to the soul when man loses
consciousness, when man
falls into coma. ?

Man is a spirit.
Is this ur personal theory or is it from the scriptures.

About you not following
philosophy of men, that's just
funny and close minded.
I'm just following biblical directives, unless you say scritural advise are close minded and funny.

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 10:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
Richirich713:
Since u people don't believe Jesus is God.

Could u plz explain what does Jesus mean wen he quotes OT passages referring to Yahweh and says it refers to himself.

I can understand your position in this verse you hold strongly to. There was a thread about Jesus been the Archangel. It was a very long debate but after several verses of proof, there were calm in that thread. Many agreed because the bible spoke for itself. See link....

https://www.nairaland.com/1103279/michael-archangel-really-jesus-revelation#12967013

Why does the NT apply OT passages which refer to Yahweh to Jesus ?

Why does the NT apply titles and names of Yahweh to Jesus.

Its a nice question.This cant be ignored if truly we seek to know the truth. I have come across several scriptures too, where The NT writers often apply OT passages which speak of certain characteristics or acts of Yahweh to the Lord Jesus. But If proper study is not done, one can easily conclude or arrive at a point to believe that the NT writers are clearly referring Lord Jesus Christ was the incarnation of Yahweh. i.e. that Yahweh God Almighty had become an actual human being in the person of the Lord Jesus. But the bible does not teach that Yahweh the Almighty is or was an Angel.
Yahweh is all knowing the angels is not.
Consider this verse.. if you say otherwise the you mk Yahweh a liar.

Deuteronomy 18:18
I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him.

Or do u just ignore all that?

Its not possible to ignore the bible. We all seek for the truth but we ought to be careful when doing that.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 4:47am On Oct 15, 2015
plappville:

I can understand your position in this verse you hold strongly to. There was a thread about Jesus been the Archangel. It was a very long debate but after several verses of proof, there were calm in that thread. Many agreed because the bible spoke for itself. See link....

https://www.nairaland.com/1103279/michael-archangel-really-jesus-revelation#12967013

What are these several verses of proof.

plappville:

Its a nice question.This cant be ignored if truly we seek to know the truth. I have come across several scriptures too, where The NT writers often apply OT passages which speak of certain characteristics or acts of Yahweh to the Lord Jesus. But If proper study is not done, one can easily conclude or arrive at a point to believe that the NT writers are clearly referring Lord Jesus Christ was the incarnation of Yahweh. i.e. that Yahweh God Almighty had become an actual human being in the person of the Lord Jesus. But the bible does not teach that Yahweh the Almighty is or was an Angel.

Moses calls the angel Yahweh at the burning bush, moses says that Yahweh made a covenant with the Jews.

The angel says he is Yahweh and says the Jews broke his covenant he made with them.

Secondly saying the bible does not identify jesus as Yahweh is false.

But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple area, 'Hosanna to the Son of David,' they were indignant. 'Do you hear what these children are saying?' they asked him. 'Yes,' replied Jesus, 'have you never read, "From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise?"'" Matthew 21:15-16

O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger." Psalm 8:1-2

Next remember John said Isaiah saw Jesus yet the old testament say Isaiah saw the Lord Yahweh.

plappville:

Yahweh is all knowing the angels is not.
Consider this verse.. if you say otherwise the you mk Yahweh a liar.
I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him.

Its not possible to ignore the bible. We all seek for the truth but we ought to be careful when doing that.

I don't see the argument? is cuz jesus is a prophet he can't be the incarnation of Yahweh.

If that were true I wonder why every creature in heaven is worshiping a prophet who is just a creation in Revelation, cuz the bible says the lamb is praise and worship.

The lamb can only be worship if he is Yahweh.
Cuz we no Yahweh says we must only worship him and only serve him.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 8:37am On Oct 15, 2015
Richirich713:

What are these several verses of proof.

Moses calls the angel Yahweh at the burning bush, moses says that Yahweh made a covenant with the Jews.

The angel says he is Yahweh and says the Jews broke his covenant he made with them.

Secondly saying the bible does not identify jesus as Yahweh is false.

But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple area, 'Hosanna to the Son of David,' they were indignant. 'Do you hear what these children are saying?' they asked him. 'Yes,' replied Jesus, 'have you never read, "From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise?"'" Matthew 21:15-16

O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger." Psalm 8:1-2

Next remember John said Isaiah saw Jesus yet the old testament say Isaiah saw the Lord Yahweh.

[size=18pt]I don't see the argument? is cuz jesus is a prophet he can't be the incarnation of Yahweh.[/size]

If that were true I wonder why every creature in heaven is worshiping a prophet who is just a creation in Revelation, cuz the bible says the lamb is praise and worship.

The lamb can only be worship if he is Yahweh.
Cuz we no Yahweh says we must only worship him and only serve him.

So who do you say this verse is referred to?

A prophet just like MOSES, same ISRAELITES. : see the confirmation again here {{ But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple area, [size=16pt]'Hosanna to the Son of David,'[/size] they were indignant. 'Do you hear what these children are saying?' they asked him. 'Yes,' replied Jesus, 'have you never read, "From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise?"'" Matthew 21:15-16}}

AGAIN, See the NT interpreting the OT this make it clear evidence.

John 12:49 “For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak.” Is Jesus all knowing to you here? No. He said His father has put words in his mouth. When he says, i am the ALPHA AND OMEGA, flash back to john12:49.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 8:44am On Oct 15, 2015
Matthew 13:57 – And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, “Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor.”

Luke 13:33 – In any case, I must keep going today and tomorrow and the next day–for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem!

Did Jesus not say He is a PROPHET here undecided Did he says I am God/YAHWEH i have come down to this earth to spread my word?! No! God cannot be the son Of David. Or will He have a MOTHER. He is above all.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2015
[size=14pt]I don't see the argument? is cuz Jesus is a prophet he can't be the incarnation of Yahweh[/size].

[size=14pt]If that were true[/size] I [size=14pt]wonder why every creature[/size] in heaven [size=14pt]is worshiping a prophet[/size] who is [size=14pt]just a creation[/size] in Revelation, cuz [size=14pt]the bible says the lamb is praise and worship.[/size]

The lamb can [size=14pt]only be worship[/size] if he is Yahweh.
Cuz we no Yahweh says we must [size=14pt]only worship him and only serve him.[/size]
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 2:55pm On Oct 15, 2015
Secondly saying the bible does not identify Jesus as Yahweh is false.

But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple area, '[size=14pt]Hosanna to the Son of David,[/size] they were indignant. 'Do you hear what these children are saying?' they asked him. '[size=14pt]Yes[/size],' replied Jesus, 'have you never read, "[size=14pt]From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise[/size]?"'" Matthew 21:15-16

[size=14pt]O LORD, our Lord[/size], how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. [size=14pt]From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise[/size] because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger." Psalm 8:1-2

Next remember [size=14pt]John said Isaiah saw Jesus[/size] yet the old testament say [size=14pt]Isaiah saw the Lord Yahweh[/size].
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2015
You just want to keep repeating. .... grin

It is well!
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 4:15pm On Oct 15, 2015
plappville:
You just want to keep repeating. .... grin

It is well!

No I just added emphasis.

Cuz u never refuted wat I wrote, instead u just put emphasis on wat u like and ignore the rest.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by plappville(f): 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2015
Richirich713:

No I just added emphasis.

Cuz u never refuted wat I wrote, instead u just put emphasis on wat u like and ignore the rest.

You said Yahweh is an angel. And that Yahweh came in the flesh. How can Yahweh the almighty God be an angel? And how can God come and die to save us?
This does not go with the messianic prophecies. Accoding to the bible, God cant die, but Jesus died. Anyway,
Its of no use going over and over again same verses as before. So lets leave it the way it is.
Like i said earlier, the fact that you believe Jesus is God and Yahweh an angel may not be an obstacle to your salvation. Same goes to me that doesn't believe Jesus is God. One thing we share in comment is that. Jesus is the son of God, the Messiah sent to come and die for the sin of all of us. If you believe in his name, you will be saved. So bro, lets leave the work to God. Thanks for ur time. God bless you.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2015
plappville:

You said Yahweh is an angel. And that Yahweh came in the flesh. How can Yahweh the almighty God be an angel? And how can God come and die to save us?
This does not go with the messianic prophecies. Accoding to the bible, God cant die, but Jesus died. Anyway,
Its of no use going over and over again same verses as before. So lets leave it the way it is.
Like i said earlier, the fact that you believe Jesus is God and Yahweh an angel may not be an obstacle to your salvation. Same goes to me that doesn't believe Jesus is God. One thing we share in comment is that. Jesus is the son of God, the Messiah sent to come and die for the sin of all of us. If you believe in his name, you will be saved. So bro, lets leave the work to God. Thanks for ur time. God bless you.

May God bless u too
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by dolphinheart(m): 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
plappville:

He keeps on contradicting the scriptures with his beliefs, yet he holds on to his words that does not seem logical .

1. He says the messenger is an angel, then says the messenger is almighty god. When he was shown that all angels are created, he refused to accept and says that that particular angel was not created.
2. He keeps on saying jesus is god , and then says all other gods are false? But he could not explain if jesus is the father and if the father is god. Cus explaining such will show his beliefs to be false.
3. He says jesus is worshiped, yet he did not accept that someone superior said they should show obesience to him.
4. He says jesus is almighty god, and he could not accept that the same jesus is subjected to someone. Can an almighty be subjected to someone.?

Let him continue to believe that a messenger is his almighty god. That the messenger came to talk about himself and not the one who sent him.

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
dolphinheart:

He keeps on contradicting the scriptures with his beliefs, yet he holds on to his words that does not seem logical .

1. He says the messenger is an angel, then says the messenger is almighty god. When he was shown that all angels are created, he refused to accept and says that that particular angel was not created.
2. He keeps on saying jesus is god , and then says all other gods are false? But he could not explain if jesus is the father and if the father is god. Cus explaining such will show his beliefs to be false.
3. He says jesus is worshiped, yet he did not accept that someone superior said they should show obesience to him.
4. He says jesus is almighty god, and he could not accept that the same jesus is subjected to someone. Can an almighty be subjected to someone.?

Let him continue to believe that a messenger is his almighty god. That the messenger came to talk about himself and not the one who sent him.

1. He says the messenger is an angel, then says the messenger is almighty god. When he was shown that all angels are created, he refused to accept and says that that particular angel was not created

I contradict scriptures? u the one saying there are other gods even tho Yahweh says there are no other gods besides him.

Do I contradict the bible? Erm no cuz the bible says jesus is God, says the messenger is god, says jesus is eternal, says jesus is worship, says jesus is one with the farther.

I shown u that particular messenger is more than a creation, for if that particular messenger was jesus then that means he is uncreated and eternal.

I believe that messenger is jesus who is the word of God, meaning he is 1 with god in essence.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

2. He keeps on saying Jesus is god , and then says all other gods are false? But he could not explain if Jesus is the father and if the father is god. Cus explaining such will show his beliefs to be false.

Maybe the bible also keep saying jesus is God

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

“as we await the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all lawlessness and purify for Himself a special people, zealous of good works.” Titus 2:13-14

Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
29 Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Prove wat false? It proves ur beliefs false about jesus and the holy spirit.

3. He says Jesus is worshiped, yet he did not accept that someone superior said they should show obesience to him.

Is this obesience or is this worship?

And I heard EVERY CREATURE in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all therein, saying, ‘To him who sits upon the throne AND TO THE LAMB be blessing and honor and glory and might for ever and ever!’ And the four living creatures said, ‘Amen!’ and the elders fell down and worshiped." Revelation 5:1-14

4. He says Jesus is almighty god, and he could not accept that the same Jesus is subjected to someone. Can an almighty be subjected to someone.?

Looks like the bible again disagrees with u.

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." Philippians 2:5-8 ESV

Correction I will continue to believe in wat all the bible says and not reject it wen it calls jesus or the holy spirit god or Yahweh.

I will continue to follow wat is true Christianity, wat the earliest christians followed, wat the disciples followed, and all of wat the scriptures teach.

And U will continue to follow the 19 century interpretations of modern day JW's.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by dolphinheart(m): 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
Richirich713:

1. He says the messenger is an angel, then says the messenger is almighty god. When he was shown that all angels are created, he refused to accept and says that that particular angel was not created

I contradict scriptures? u the one saying there are other gods even tho Yahweh says there are no other gods besides him.

Do I contradict the bible? Erm no cuz the bible says jesus is God, says the messenger is god, says jesus is eternal, says jesus is worship, says jesus is one with the farther.

Good that you did not say the one sent on an errand is the almighty god.

Pls tell, what did god tell moses to act as in relation to Aaron.
Who is the god of these system of things.

I shown u that particular messenger is more than a creation, for if that particular messenger was jesus then that means he is uncreated and eternal.
Show proof

I believe that messenger is jesus who is the word of God, meaning he is 1 with god in essence.

It is good to note that things where made through him like my chairs are made through my carpenter.
The word was with god , the word was a god.

He, the word was with god in the beggining , god almighty had no beginning.

2. He keeps on saying Jesus is god , and then says all other gods are false? But he could not explain if Jesus is the father and if the father is god. Cus explaining such will show his beliefs to be false.

“as we await the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all lawlessness and purify for Himself a special people, zealous of good works.” Titus 2:13-14

29 Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Yep, jesus is a god, is jesus the same person as the father? Is the father a god?

3. He says Jesus is worshiped, yet he did not accept that someone superior said they should show obesience to him.

And I heard EVERY CREATURE in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all therein, saying, ‘To him who sits upon the throne AND TO THE LAMB be blessing and honor and glory and might for ever and ever!’ And the four living creatures said, ‘Amen!’ and the elders fell down and worshiped." Revelation 5:1-14

Good that you have read that the lamb is different from the one who sits on the throne.
Good for you to agree that someone else gave the command.
4. He says Jesus is almighty god, and he could not accept that the same Jesus is subjected to someone. Can an almighty be subjected to someone.?

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." Philippians 2:5-8 ESV

Good that you noted that jesus did not grasp the notion that he can be equal to his god like Satan tried to do, despite being in the form of god, but when he was sent on an errand,he obediently accepted,even to the point of death.
Total humility to someone superior to you.

Bro the bible says jesus is subjected to someone, is the bible contradicting itself?
How can jesus who is subjected to someone be the almighty god?

Correction I will continue to believe in wat all the bible says and not reject it wen it calls jesus or the holy spirit god or Yahweh.

I will continue to follow wat is true Christianity, wat the earliest christians followed, wat the disciples followed, and all of wat the scriptures teach.

And U will continue to follow the 19 century interpretations of modern day JW's.

Funny, where is the holy spirit called god .?

A messenger is ur almighty god.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Ibrokane(m): 10:38pm On Oct 18, 2015
Richirich713:

Ur religion has nothing to even do with Real Jesus.
ignorance.....
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
dolphinheart:

Who is the god of these system of things.

Show proof

It is good to note that things where made through him like my chairs are made through my carpenter.

Yep, jesus is a god, is jesus the same person as the father? Is the father a god?

Good that you have read that the lamb is different from the one who sits on the throne.
Good for you to agree that someone else gave the command.

Good that you noted that jesus did not grasp the notion that he can be equal to his god like Satan tried to do, despite being in the form of god, but when he was sent on an errand,he obediently accepted,even to the point of death.

Bro the bible says jesus is subjected to someone, is the bible contradicting itself?
How can jesus who is subjected to someone be the almighty god?

A messenger is ur almighty god.

Who is the god of these system of things

Good u didn't refute anything I said.
Cuz again according to the bible there's is no other God except Yahweh yet jesus is called God.

Exactly "TO ACT LIKE" , ur whole argument already fails.

Show proof

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made

He, the word was with god in the beggining , god almighty had no beginning

Good again u refuted nothing I said.
Cuz ur carpenter is not eternal nor did he create all things, yet the word has always existed and with him NOTHING was Made.

Plz name me 1 Greek scholar who would agree with that translation. Cuz that looks like a 19th century JW interpretation.

Who said the word had a beginning, that's ur false interpretation. For if that's true then I guess u should believe the father had a beginning cuz he is called the beggining and the end.

Yep, Jesus is a god, is Jesus the same person as the father? Is the father a god?

Strawman arguments now? Who said Jesus is the father? Cuz I said Jesus is distant from the father YET Still one with the father , why do I say that cuz jesus said he is one with the father and cuz he said if we look at him we see the father.

Also who said Jesus or the father is a god? It just looks like u making strawman arguments now.
I said, sorry I mean the Bible said Jesus is God and the Father is God, not a god or gods, instead jesus and the father are one in essence.

Good for you to agree that someone else gave the command

Actually all I see is u again couldn't refute that the verse says the LAMB IS WORSHIPED, instead u trying to change the argument to who sat on the throne EVEN THO the verse says "To him who sits upon the throne AND TO THE LAMB"

Good that you noted that Jesus did not grasp the notion that he can be equal to his god like Satan tried to do, despite being in the form of god, but when he was sent on an errand,he obediently accepted,even to the point of death.

Bro the bible says Jesus is subjected to someone, is the bible contradicting itself?
How can Jesus who is subjected to someone be the almighty god
?

though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

How can Jesus who is subjected to someone be the almighty god

Erm how can god created the world in 7 days, erm how can god be eternal, erm how can evil exist?

So does that mean there's no evil, nd god not eternal cuz I don't understand?

Cuz that all u doing, u don't understand is ur problem, the bible says jesus is the word that became a servant. The bible say the word is god.

A messenger is ur almighty god

And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I! Send me.’ And he said, ‘Go, and say to this people.... Isaiah 6:8-10

So, as they disagreed among themselves, they departed, after Paul had made one statement: ‘The Holy Spirit was right IN SAYING to your fathers THROUGH ISAIAH THE PROPHET: "Go to this people, and say....Acts 28:25-27

Acts v.3, 4, "But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? And after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? Why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? Thou hast not lied unto men but unto God."

A messenger is ur almighty god

God can manifest himself in the form of a messenger according to the bible.

U can again continue to follow the interpretations and teachings of 19th century JW, while I will follow true Christianity, what the disciples believed and what their disciples believed.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
Richirich713:

U tell me

Do research. That's easy.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
Richirich713:
Secondly saying the bible does not identify Jesus as Yahweh is false.

But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple area, '[size=14pt]Hosanna to the Son of David,[/size] they were indignant. 'Do you hear what these children are saying?' they asked him. '[size=14pt]Yes[/size],' replied Jesus, 'have you never read, "[size=14pt]From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise[/size]?"'" Matthew 21:15-16

[size=14pt]O LORD, our Lord[/size], how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. [size=14pt]From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise[/size] because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger." Psalm 8:1-2

Next remember [size=14pt]John said Isaiah saw Jesus[/size] yet the old testament say [size=14pt]Isaiah saw the Lord Yahweh[/size].

^^ I See, you are having issues with what is written in Rev. that Worship was given to Yahweh and Jesus Christ. well, such is the elevation that Yahweh has given to Jesus for a faithful service.

An Egyptian king once elevated Joseph to seat with him on the throne as his second in command, when Egyptians knelt before the king, Joseph also received honor, that does not mean that Joseph has became the King, rather, he still remains the second in command.

OK, now, lets see What honor was given to David and the sort that was given to Jesus what difference there is, if it hence made David equal to Yahweh or the Almighty God:

Rev. 5:13,14

And I heard EVERY CREATURE in heaven and on earth and
under the earth and in the sea, and all therein, saying, ‘To
him who sits upon the throne AND TO THE LAMB be
blessing and honor and glory and might for ever and ever!’
And the four living creatures said, ‘Amen!’ and the elders fell
down and worshiped."

1Chronicles 29:20

David then said to all the congregation: “Now praise Jehovah your God.” And all the congregation praised Jehovah the God of their forefathers and bowed low and prostrated themselves to Jehovah and to the king(David) .

Now, that such ^ honor was given to David on the throne by Yahweh, does that made him equal to Yahweh?

Don't forget that the Messiah is to seat on the throne of David.

So, your argument based on such, to arrived at the conclusion that it Makes Jesus Yahweh is inconsequential and invalid.
Peace.

2 Likes

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
Richirich713:

See, read that Titus 2:13 from another translation:

and glorious manifestation of the great God and of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I think most of your Error is due to the translation. I say error cause if one goes by such, the Bible will be said to be contradictory.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 10:05pm On Nov 18, 2015
truthislight:

^^ I See, you are having issues with what is written in Rev. that Worship was given to Yahweh and Jesus Christ. well, such is the elevation that Yahweh has given to Jesus for a faithful service.

An Egyptian king once elevated Joseph to seat with him on the throne as his second in command, when Egyptians knelt before the king, Joseph also received honor, that does not mean that Joseph has became the King, rather, he still remains the second in command.

OK, now, lets see What honor was given to David and the sort that was given to Jesus what difference there is, if it hence made David equal to Yahweh or the Almighty God:

Rev. 5:13,14

And I heard EVERY CREATURE in heaven and on earth and
under the earth and in the sea, and all therein, saying, ‘To
him who sits upon the throne AND TO THE LAMB be
blessing and honor and glory and might for ever and ever!’
And the four living creatures said, ‘Amen!’ and the elders fell
down and worshiped."

1Chronicles 29:20

David then said to all the congregation: “Now praise Jehovah your God.” And all the congregation praised Jehovah the God of their forefathers and bowed low and prostrated themselves to Jehovah and to the king(David) .

Now, that such ^ honor was given to David on the throne by Yahweh, does that that made him equal to Yahweh?

Don't forget that the Messiah is to seat on the throne of David.

So, your argument based on such, to arrived at the conclusion that it Makes Jesus Yahweh is inconsequential.

Peace.

But jesus told us to honor him just like we honor the father
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 12:45am On Nov 20, 2015
Richirich713:

But jesus told us to honor him just like we honor the father

Lol. Are you for real?

Jesus help people know the implications of rejecting him since there is no other name under heaven that one can be saved.

Rather, when Jesus found himself "fashioned as a man he humbled himself".

Jesus was/set the finest example of humility till date and is still the best example we have.

He was and is the complete opposite of Satan the Devil who wanted to be equal to Yahweh.

The exact offence of Satan that Satan is guilty of is what you are inputting to Jesus as doing.

Any Scripture produce by anyone to that effect, that Jesus wanted to be equal to Yahweh must definitely be suffering from misunderstanding or mistranslation or the like.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 12:57am On Nov 20, 2015
The title the 'Alpha and Omega' Is when used thus is exclusively for Yahweh.

Jesus is 'described' as the fast and the last in another sense.

That is, he Jesus is the first Person to have died and be personally be resurrected personally by Yahweh as an immortal spirit creature to heaven, and the last that will be so resurrected personally by Yahweh.

Every other resurrection will be done by Jesus Christ himself.

Hence, Jesus is the "First and the Last" for such unique privileged.

However, the titles when used as "Alpha and Omega" belongs to Yahweh.

Peace..
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 1:09am On Nov 20, 2015
truthislight:

Lol. Are you for real?

Jesus help people know the implications of rejecting him since there is no other name under heaven that one can be saved.

Rather, when Jesus found himself "fashioned as a man he humbled himself".

Jesus was/set the finest example of humility till date and is still the best example we have.

He was and is the complete opposite of Satan the Devil who wanted to be equal to Yahweh.

The exact offence of Satan that Satan is guilty of is what you are inputting to Jesus as doing.

Any Scripture produce by anyone to that effect, that Jesus wanted to be equal to Yahweh must definitely be suffering from misunderstanding or mistranslation or the like.

Peace.

And after all that smoke, didn't jesus say we must honor him just like we honor the father ?
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by truthislight: 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2015
Richirich713:

And after all that smoke, didn't jesus say we must honor him just like we honor the father ?

Scriptures for such claims please.
Re: The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God by Richirich713: 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
truthislight:

Scriptures for such claims please.

"The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father" (John 22-23)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.