Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Tha Uncommon Thieves Of Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tha Uncommon Thieves Of Niger Delta (659 Views)

We Would Bomb 3rd Mainland Bridge - Asawana Deadly Force Of Niger Delta / Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Bosso Town Of Niger/Nigerian Border Buried(pics) / Ultimate Warriors of Niger Delta Emerges, Demands 60% Oil Bloc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tha Uncommon Thieves Of Niger Delta by Nayok(m): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, James Ibori and Diezani Alison-Madueke the Uncommon Thieves
These three Nigerians have certain things in common.

They are from Niger Delta region. They are members of the People's Democratic Party.
They are confirmed corrupt Nigerians. They invested some of the money they stole and embezzled on properties in London and other big cities around the world.

They were arrested in London for money laundering and corruption. While one have already been jailed, one jump bail to avoid going to prison. The last but not the least is about to go to prison. Yet some people from Niger Delta called them heroes. If the money stolen by these people and other thieves not mentioned here is put together, it will be enough to turn Niger Delta region to Dubai.

NDDC and the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs were established to expedite the development of the region, at the same time raised the standard of living for the people of the region. After many years of existence nothing to write home yet billions of Naira are allocated to these 'body' every year. Majority of the people who have head these 'body' are sons of the Niger Delta. Elder Godsday Orubebe and Stephen Orise Oru are from Delta state and were ministers in the aforementioned ministry.

What the they do? Nothing. What happened to East West Road? 80 percent of the people who have been ministers in the ministry of Works are from Niger Delta. You may call them your mentors or heroes but for me I call them the uncommon thieves.

CP

2 Likes

Re: Tha Uncommon Thieves Of Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
Curiously all the money these people stole or allegedly stole pales into insignificance when confronted witg $16billion stolen by Obasanjo alone

3 Likes

Re: Tha Uncommon Thieves Of Niger Delta by HtwoOw: 2:07am On Oct 09, 2015
money stolen by Obasanjo alone is not the point here, the OP is saying Nigeria has always paid it's dues to Niger Delta, but the same hard core sons and daughters of the soil are the ones who are not doing right by people of Niger Delta

I think he means to stop blaming Nigeria for your woes, blame your leaders

2 Likes

Re: Tha Uncommon Thieves Of Niger Delta by Nayok(m): 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
Let them continue balme Nortg and west for their woes, when their elders/leaders are there taking them for granted
HtwoOw:
money stolen by Obasanjo alone is not the point here, the OP is saying Nigeria has always paid it's dues to Niger Delta, but the same hard core sons and daughters of the soil are the ones who are not doing right by people of Niger Delta

I think he means to stop blaming Nigeria for your woes, blame your leaders
Re: Tha Uncommon Thieves Of Niger Delta by nickxtra(m): 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
chukwudi44:
Curiously all the money these people stole or allegedly stole pales into insignificance when confronted witg $16billion stolen by Obasanjo alone
So, they should keep stealing until they reach the $16billion?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video : Lagos-ibadan Expressway Road.. Video.. So judge me, if I fighting right / Plz Can Someone Help Me Ask President Buhari, Hafa With Cleaning Of Ogoni Land? / Improvement In Power Supply Should Be Attributed To Jonathan And Not Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.