Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,000 members, 7,799,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money (1665 Views)

Video:Invest Your Money Where You Are Sure Of High Returns,Invest In Real Estate / Before You Invest 12,500 In Ultimate Circle, Check This Screenshot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by omozu1(m): 11:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
Please i need your help. my friend lives in austria and he wants to come back home to invest his money about 3million naira and he is thinking of transportation (big trucks like tippers) or poultry ( egg production) please expert in the house which of these investment will you advice him to go into. Thanks
Re: Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by 2kris(m): 12:56am On Oct 09, 2015
This is a very close one mr op but i think it depends on the amount we are talking abt,if its a 100million i will dualise the investmen like 70million for transport and 20million for poultry,the remaining 10million will be for another buz or for my crib

2 Likes

Re: Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 09, 2015
transport..honestly
Re: Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by omozu1(m): 10:37am On Oct 09, 2015
2kris:
This is a very close one mr op but i think it depends on the amount we are talking abt,if its a 100million i will dualise the investmen like 70million for transport and 20million for poultry,the remaining 10million will be for another buz or for my crib
Thanks but we are talking about 3 million naira only. Once again thanks
Re: Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by santos2015: 11:45am On Oct 09, 2015
the two business are high risk high returns on business investment. for me I will go for transport because there is almost zero gestation period in transport and pay back within one year on the condition that u will manage it yourself. once u set up the biz there are cargo every where to carry especially from lagos to east, north and south. just try your best to be reliable the rest will be abeg to carry there goods for them. and if you can not do long distance, transport within lagos is money I mean big money. from factory to warehouse and warehouse to market and transport can easily be used for raising of new capital for business expansion (loan) by most banks. Poultry on the other hand is highly rewarding if you have the patience and the mind in case of any eventuality. gestation period for poultry is minimum 6 months besides your capital is not much it can only take you only 2000 birds minus land and building. if u go for transport in six months if u r serious u have recovered your capital invested but don't forget to buy your total insurance cover because nobody will your truck goods without comprehensive insurance cover. don't buy truck below 10 ton above preferably 15ton to 20ton 20tons my choice for profit maximization.

1 Like

Re: Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by 2kris(m): 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
omozu1:

Thanks but we are talking about 3 million naira only. Once again thanks
3mill i will go for poultry as a agric science graduate
Re: Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by omozu1(m): 9:55am On Oct 10, 2015
santos2015:
the two business are high risk high returns on business investment. for me I will go for transport because there is almost zero gestation period in transport and pay back within one year on the condition that u will manage it yourself. once u set up the biz there are cargo every where to carry especially from lagos to east, north and south. just try your best to be reliable the rest will be abeg to carry there goods for them. and if you can not do long distance, transport within lagos is money I mean big money. from factory to warehouse and warehouse to market and transport can easily be used for raising of new capital for business expansion (loan) by most banks. Poultry on the other hand is highly rewarding if you have the patience and the mind in case of any eventuality. gestation period for poultry is minimum 6 months besides your capital is not much it can only take you only 2000 birds minus land and building. if u go for transport in six months if u r serious u have recovered your capital invested but don't forget to buy your total insurance cover because nobody will your truck goods without comprehensive insurance cover. don't buy truck below 10 ton above preferably 15ton to 20ton 20tons my choice for profit maximization.
Thanks bro your information is superb
Re: Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by omozu1(m): 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2015
Please i still need more comment on this matter.
Re: Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by Blackkie: 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2015
What knowledge does the intending investor have?
How long has he/she been out of Nigeria?

I will tell you something, what it took him/her to integrate into the environment of that country where he is at the moment is what it will take him to succeed in Nigeria.

Thinking of transportation, he can look at corporate transportation. He buys a vehicle like Hummer bus and lease it to a company mostly telecommunication, oil & gas, shipping et al. With this he is surer of his investment.
Why?
The bus will ply a designated route with laid down schedule.
Maintenance will be undertaken by official mechanic workshop.
Your income will be wired directly into your bank account.
You have nothing to do with Agberos, council, police, transport organisations et al.
You contract will be specific.

1 Like

Re: Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by Michaelmickey(m): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
I would prefer transportation because its very lucrative if its properly manage.. But make sure you do proper feasible study before investing your money.
Re: Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by Blackkie: 10:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
But going the poultry way is the joker!
If i am close to him, i will advice him to start his poultry adventure via egg distribution.
With half of the said funds, he can do a lot of technical investing.

How do i mean?
With half the funds, he can locate a top level farmer and draw up an agreement to buy off their total egg produced. With that he has his money intact while making loads of profit via weekly sales of large volume of egg.
Then while dealing on eggs, he will understudy the poultry business and obtain first hand information before venturing full time into it.

Mind you the government is looking for serious investors in agriculture whose loan deals will be less than 3% annually.

2 Likes

Re: Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by omozu1(m): 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
Blackkie:
What knowledge does the intending investor have?
How long has he/she been out of Nigeria?

I will tell you something, what it took him/her to integrate into the environment of that country where he is at the moment is what it will take him to succeed in Nigeria.

Thinking of transportation, he can look at corporate transportation. He buys a vehicle like Hummer bus and lease it to a company mostly telecommunication, oil & gas, shipping et al. With this he is surer of his investment.
Why?
The bus will ply a designated route with laid down schedule.
Maintenance will be undertaken by official mechanic workshop.
Your income will be wired directly into your bank account.
You have nothing to do with Agberos, council, police, transport organisations et al.
You contract will be specific.
Thanks my brother i just discuss it with him and he has falling in love with the ideal. He just ask me to do more research on how much profit he can take home monthly and how he can get such contract. Once again thank you all for you help.
Re: Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by chimadele: 4:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hello,

my name is osuboh chima dele,i am an entrepreneur,and i have a great idea in the palm oil industry.My objective is the export of the product,and i will need a financier that is ready to achieve this goals with me,if interested,you can call me on 0908416828,for the business template or plan.

Trust me,its hot,its worth millions of dollars.
Re: Between Transport And Poultry Where Will You Invest Your Money by Blackkie: 11:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
Thinking of profit is cool but he should be thinking of how long it will take him to get back his capital.
In transportation, the money that comes to you once the business took may not be profit. You will think about that when you must have recovered the capital then subsequently income.

The key is to ASK Ask, Seek, Knock.
Such contract may be somewhere in your neighbourhood.
It all rests on the kind of automobile he can acquire for the deal. Few people i know who have done such recovered their investment before a year elapsed.

The young man bought 2004 Camry for N1,320.000 when he got the contract, the company pays him N15,000 daily and he works for only 21 days of the month. If you do the calculation you can see what the investment looks like.
Another person had a Hummer bus contracted out to Etisalat and he is paid N14,000.00 daily. His duty is to be at Ojuelegba by 7.15 in the morning, take the workers to the Island and pack. By 5.15 he leaves for Surulere dropping them at their various bus stops till he gets to Ojuelegba and thats it.
The bus is fitted with some tracking device that once it leaves the route apportioned to it, it trips off. The driver does not have anything to do with fuel or mechanic. The bus is white in colour with blue registration number.

There is a company by Bank Anthony Way that does this. From Ikeja before you turn to join Ikorodu road on your way towards Onipan, you will see the company where new brand Civilian buses are packed. Our church rented their vehicle for a journey from Lagos to South-South.

omozu1:

Thanks my brother i just discuss it with him and he has falling in love with the ideal. He just ask me to do more research on how much profit he can take home monthly and how he can get such contract. Once again thank you all for you help.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

MMM Get Help Issue / 11 Best Performing Hedge Funds In The World / How Kilenra Is Changing The Face Of Investments In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.