Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! (25089 Views)

The Man Pastor Chris Oyakhilome ::. / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by akintoso1(m): 11:20pm On Oct 09, 2006
Pastor, teacher, television host, best-selling author, healing minister Chris Oyakhilome, popularly known as Pastor Chris has a heartfelt, undying passion borne of a divine commission to reach the peoples of the world with the divine Presence of Jesus Christ. This commisssion he fulfils through a thriving multifaceted ministry, targeted at reaching people all over the world with the liberating truths of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

He is married to Pastor Anita, an anointed minister of God, whose passion for the gospel of Christ, coupled with several years of experience in ministry, has resulted in worldwide expansion of Believers' LoveWorld. Rev. Anita is the Director of the Christ Embassy International Office and also pastors Christ Embassy Churches in the United Kingdom.

www.christembassy.org

Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Oracle(m): 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2006
Akintos, One topic is enough to talk about your pastor
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by naijacutee(f): 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2006
Ok.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by akintoso1(m): 1:01am On Oct 10, 2006
@ ORACLE

Why or are you jealous??Abeg value what God has given to you just as I value mine.He is a gift to me and my generation,
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Oracle(m): 1:30am On Oct 10, 2006
lol.
Jealous? Why on earth would i be jealous.
Jealous of you or your pastor.

You really funny
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Hotstepper(f): 3:49am On Oct 10, 2006
heard they r seperated or abi divorced now, seen both of dem when they came 2 toronto in 2003/04, christ embassy is wat most naija dem go here cuz itz a social gathering if u gat me and damn, they gat sum weird attitude
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by vidice(f): 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2006
i just love the way he preach
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by evydoc(f): 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2006
I love his teachings
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by zillonnair(m): 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2006
correct dats my man
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Eurphoria(f): 12:32am On Dec 08, 2006
I keep getting the impression from memebrs that they see this man as a mini god. Some peole will never learn, from what i have seen on tv, he has sent more alarm bells ringing in my head. My opinion is, this is another Nigerian christain FAD, nice looking man, well suited and booted , lush sorrundings, and what do we have? =the congregation forget the main focus GOD. He displays a cult leader like aura about him and i have my eyes very wide open.

1 Like

Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by jaybaby(f): 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2006
The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome!

so wetin make i kom do?
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Seun(m): 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2006
I have no problem with the man. As an entertainer, his act is really tight. He gives you value for your money. grin
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by kaylala(m): 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2006
akintos - what more do you want to hear? undecided
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by kitaun(m): 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2006
Eurphoria, u are absofuckinglutely spot on!
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by jaybaby(f): 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2006
Kit wetin b dat? shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Eurphoria(f): 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2006
whats the shock? he is only saying he agrees luv.

Kituan
My eyes are wide open wink grin
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by kitaun(m): 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2006
Jaybaby, u wan make i take u back go kindergarten? lol Eurphoria abi na phobia tank u o jare wey u kip ur eyes lyk dat!
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Eurphoria(f): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2006
smiley
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by LiquidMind(m): 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2006
Pastor Chris, has the Holy Spirit without Measure, I think he is a real man of GOD
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by harvey(m): 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2006
what can i say.but pastor chris more of a teacher than a preacher.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by jaybaby(f): 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2006
c me c trouble ooooooooooooooo----as i no _stnd nko i no go ask Q

@ L---M  Ok
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Eurphoria(f): 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2006
anyone who has God in him or her is a man of God, but i think to him he is next to Jesus. So if you beleive you are a man of God and when i get myself str8 i too will be a woman of God.

I listened to him on telly. And all he does is get people emotional i don't hear the teaching. Sorry. Lets open our ears and eyes very well, stop chasing Fads, i am sorry anyone who preaches things to me that i want to hear or that get me all emotional without actual conviction, my mind starts to question.

1 Like

Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Seun(m): 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2006
And all he does is get people emotional i don't hear the teaching
The church is a place for emotional refreshment. Nothing of value needs to be passed accross.
Good entertainment is always about the emotions, and nothing more.

If you need knowledge, visit a library and pick up a textbook on science or economics!
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by kaylala(m): 6:22pm On Dec 10, 2006
harvey:

pastor chris more of a teacher than a preacher.

I agree with you.Let us look on for any other thing that might come up.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by mekoyo(m): 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2007
Alright
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by fesse(f): 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2007
social gathering for those who are emotionally stressed.
90%of his teaching is all about wealth. His teaching of salvation is 5% while the rest take the remaining five.
Anyway he is a good actor and entertainer. I like him acting on the tele grin
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by eldee(m): 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2007
fesse:

social gathering for those who are emotionally stressed.
90%of his teaching is all about wealth. His teaching of salvation is 5% while the rest take the remaining five.
Anyway he is a good actor and entertainer. I like him acting on the tele grin

Goodness, u're the biggest liar i've ever chatted with. How dare u say he doesn't preach salvation. maybe u need to start watching him on stv 6:30am. His main topics are about how to develop spiritually. i know because I watch him on loveworld.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by eldee(m): 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2007
maybe it's now a crime for a minister of God to look good and perform signs and wonders, u guys always have sumfin to say.

if u're beefing him for his looks, then i'll recommend reverend king to u
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by benit(f): 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2007
maybe it's now a crime for a minister of God to look good and perform signs and wonders, u guys always have sumfin to say.
We prefer to see hungry and dirty looking Christians as if Righteousness is about dirtiness or Christianity is about poverty. I like his teaching because of the'do it yourself' approach unlike many others who hide even the very little knowledge they have because they want us to keep coming to them for counselling. I am tired of running to some robe and big ring wearing 'daddy' for prayers when I should be taught to use the word and apply it in my life. More pastors like this would have long come up but are afraid because of "our pull him down" syndrome but many other pastors study his books, tapes and come preach it to us on sunday yet criticize him. I always dare to welcome change and not stuck to "this is how our ancestors did it mentality"
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by londoner: 2:17pm On Sep 28, 2007
I tell you, the way some people idolise their pastor/preacher, its as though they have created modern day demi Gods.
The funny thing is, they dont even realise it. They almost worship these people, who are men just like themselves.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by eldee(m): 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2007
londoner:

I tell you, the way some people idolise their pastor/preacher, its as though they have created modern day demi Gods.
The funny thing is, they don't even realise it. They almost worship these people, who are men just like themselves.

tell me one church where the people there are all normal thinking pple who go to listen to the pastors preaching. they are in every church, even Deeper Life. so is it his fault?
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by londoner: 3:30pm On Sep 28, 2007
eldee:

tell me one church where the people there are all normal thinking people who go to listen to the pastors preaching. they are in every church, even Deeper Life. so is it his fault?

I'm not talking about people going to listen to someone  preaching, I'm talking about people elevating their fellow man to God status.

Even the poster (no offense) put this in the celebrity section, does n't that tell you how some people see these pastors. When they come into town they act like Micheal Jackson or Beyonce fans who are going to see their idol. Pardon me say, but I think its inappropriate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit / Pastor Forgives Thief Who Broke Into Church Office To Steal (Photos) / Meet A Nairalander's 3 Classmates Who Were Ordained Catholic Deacons(pics).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.