Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If (1118 Views)

Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? / Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities / Falae: Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If by HtwoOw: 1:44am On Oct 09, 2015
midolian:

Ex-Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Olu Falae

The recent abduction of one of the foremost Yoruba leaders and ex-Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Olu Falae, by suspected Fulani herdsmen took a turn for the worse on Thursday as prominent leaders threatened secession from the entity called Nigeria.

Their grouse ranges from the abduction of Falae and the wanton destruction of his farmland to the need for a serious restructuring of Nigeria to reflect true federalism.

“If we do not see any step in this direction within a reasonable time, the Yoruba may reconsider their place in a union that cannot protect them and would not allow them to protect themselves and use all legitimate and peaceful means to attain self-determination,” part of the communiqué issued at the end of the meetings said.

DETAILS LATER

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/falae-yoruba-leaders-threaten-secession-from-nigeria-if-/222259/

Personally went through more than 7 pages of this posts to read the comments and it is clear, Olu Falae does not speak for all yoruba ,

I saw many Ibos and Biafrans commenting to insult the Yoruba race and the Yoruba leaders, accusing Yorubas hypocrites for wanting to secede from Nigeria after an attack on Falae whereas the Yorubas percieved as the enemy of Ibo's secession were being condemned for wanting Biafra

I also saw Yorubas making it clear that they are not in support stating that those who called themselves the leaders are mainly expired political attention / payment seeking people whose self agenda is the reason for the threat , Bottomline , Majority of Yorubas do not support

Ibos have the right to secede , (even if i believe Biafra is a dream built on fraud , greed and self agenda) , However i think the difference here is clear

Ojukwu had personal issues , with FG , according to Wikipedia , Nigeria was in peace until Ibos lead a failed coup , First point is ibo caused trouble for Nigeria ( An Ibo man was the president assigned by the British , his tenure hadn't expired for more than 6 months when a Hausa was put in charge of the country ) Much like the hate they harbor for Buhari's victory at the polls, they revolted killed hausas , and Yorubas

Hausas got angry and lead a counter coup which was successful , This is where Ojuwku came in , The then Government tried to negotiate peace resolve issues , but it just wasn't enough for Ojukwu, he returned to Nigeria , returned to the east and then declared a sovereign state of Biafra .

Comparing that to the Falae Saga , it is well documented Fulanis have always been a problem , even before the kidnap of Falae and nobody has done anything about it , Falae was maltreated and as an elder he deserves some answers and even compensation as long as the identity and tribe of the culprits have been ascertained ,However Falae can not demand or control Yorubas or even cajole them to join his personal vendetta , the very first question that comes to the Yoruba mind is, If it wasn't Falae , would we have heard anything about it ?

What i am getting at is that Yorubas have leaders who can command for anything and all Yorubas would obey , However each Yoruba mind works independently , We do not follow the last command, we question that command ,if it is Justifiable, we obey, If not it's just another baby whining , and that is why Falae Saga can not bring about Oduduwa Republic

2 Likes

Re: RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If by ephemm(m): 2:37am On Oct 09, 2015
I respect Falae as an elder, but his issues with a few nomads ain't enuf to call for secession.

if we did not secede because of June 12 and the death of MKO, nah becos of say cow chop one big man corn we go secede?

2 Likes

Re: RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:39am On Oct 09, 2015
I support any part of Nigeria that seek for self determination. Nigeria is like an expired drug, the earlier we do away with it, the better. One Nigeria no be by force

1 Like

Re: RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If by DaBullIT(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2015
On every post at least one erdyyot must talk

That said, I agree that falae is not enough reason for Yorubas to break the country up like a sensible person said if there was ever a reason to secede, June 12 is
Re: RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2015
HtwoOw:

Personally went through more than 7 pages of this posts to read the comments and it is clear, Olu Falae does not speak for all yoruba ,

I saw many Ibos and Biafrans commenting to insult the Yoruba race and the Yoruba leaders, accusing Yorubas hypocrites for wanting to secede from Nigeria after an attack on Falae whereas the Yorubas percieved as the enemy of Ibo's secession were being condemned for wanting Biafra

I also saw Yorubas making it clear that they are not in support stating that those who called themselves the leaders are mainly expired political attention / payment seeking people whose self agenda is the reason for the threat , Bottomline , Majority of Yorubas do not support

Ibos have the right to secede , (even if i believe Biafra is a dream built on fraud , greed and self agenda) , However i think the difference here is clear

Ojukwu had personal issues , with FG , according to Wikipedia , Nigeria was in peace until Ibos lead a failed coup , First point is ibo caused trouble for Nigeria ( An Ibo man was the president assigned by the British , his tenure hadn't expired for more than 6 months when a Hausa was put in charge of the country ) Much like the hate they harbor for Buhari's victory at the polls, they revolted killed hausas , and Yorubas

Hausas got angry and lead a counter coup which was successful , This is where Ojuwku came in , The then Government tried to negotiate peace resolve issues , but it just wasn't enough for Ojukwu, he returned to Nigeria , returned to the east and then declared a sovereign state of Biafra .

Comparing that to the Falae Saga , it is well documented Fulanis have always been a problem , even before the kidnap of Falae and nobody has done anything about it , Falae was maltreated and as an elder he deserves some answers and even compensation as long as the identity and tribe of the culprits have been ascertained ,However Falae can not demand or control Yorubas or even cajole them to join his personal vendetta , the very first question that comes to the Yoruba mind is, If it wasn't Falae , would we have heard anything about it ?

What i am getting at is that Yorubas have leaders who can command for anything and all Yorubas would obey , However each Yoruba mind works independently , We do not follow the last command, we question that command ,if it is Justifiable, we obey, If not it's just another baby whining , and that is why Falae Saga can not bring about Oduduwa Republic

Are you a human being or an animal? where did you get that junk from? Where did Ojukwu went wrong? Igbo's were massacred all over the country in 1966 what do you have to say about that?
Re: RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If by HtwoOw: 11:41am On Oct 24, 2015
I will say it's Patrick Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu who started it all, don't kill other people's tribe in search for power, No easterner was killed during the coup de tat , Northerners and Westeners were killed that's why northerners started killing your people , this information is free on wikipedia , but you won't read it ,@Dabullit said all these things to you and several others and you ganged up against him

For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction , With all the noise callers made on Biafra radio , why didn't you shoot,slaughter any hausa man based in SS/SE or ND because Kalu was arrested ? 1966 would have been a preamble

I do not advocate for war, killings or reprisals , but you can't go around making threats and twisting history to suit your wicked purposes
ekenedegreat:
Are you a human being or an animal? where did you get that junk from? Where did Ojukwu went wrong? Igbo's were massacred all over the country in 1966 what do you have to say about that?
Re: RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2015
HtwoOw:
I will say it's Patrick Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu who started it all, don't kill other people's tribe in search for power, No easterner was killed during the coup de tat , Northerners and Westeners were killed that's why northerners started killing your people , this information is free on wikipedia , but you won't read it ,@Dabullit said all these things to you and several others and you ganged up against him

For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction , With all the noise callers made on Biafra radio , why didn't you shoot,slaughter any hausa man based in SS/SE or ND because Kalu was arrested ? 1966 would have been a preamble

I do not advocate for war, killings or reprisals , but you can't go around making threats and twisting history to suit your wicked purposes
I think you are among the people that enjoy twisting history to suit your wicked purposes on any thing that concerns the Igbos. Aguiyi Ironsi was killed together with too many high ranking officers from Igbo. Why is that not included in your history? Did the Igbos kill any northerner or westerner because of Aguiyi's death?
The problem with you people is, you lot like to reason through your anuses.
Re: RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If by DaBullIT(m): 6:53am On Oct 25, 2015
ekenedegreat:
I think you are among the people that enjoy twisting history to suit your wicked purposes on any thing that concerns the Igbos. Aguiyi Ironsi was killed together with too many high ranking officers from Igbo. Why is that not included in your history? Did the Igbos kill any northerner or westerner because of Aguiyi's death?
The problem with you people is, you lot like to reason through your anuses.

Major Patrick Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu, (1937–1967) was a Nigerian military officer who played in leading role in the January 15, 1966 [/b]military coup, an event that derailed Nigeria's nascent democracy and introduced military rule to Nigeria

Major General Johnson Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi-Ironsi (3 March 1924 – 29 July 1966) was a senior Nigerian military officer and second Head of State. He seized power in the chaos that ensued the [b]first military coup in Nigeria [/b]and served as the Head of State of Nigeria from [b]16 January 1966
until he was overthrown and killed on 29 July 1966 by a group of Northern army officers who revolted against his perceived tribalistic government.
First Military coup was carried out by Nzeogwu Jan 15 during which several Northerners and Westerners were killed , Aguiyi Ironsi siezed power during that military coup January 16

In January 1966,General Yakubu "Jack" Dan-Yumma Gowon became Nigeria's youngest military chief of staff at the age of 32, because a military coup d'état by a group of junior officers under Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu led to the overthrow of Nigeria's civilian government.[2] In the course of this coup, mostly northern and western leaders were killed, including Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Nigeria's Prime Minister; Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto and Premier of the Northern Region; and Samuel Akintola, Premier of the Western Region, Lt Col Arthur Unegbe and so many more.

htwoow , This guy is a muurfucka
Re: RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If by ArodeTsolaye: 7:55am On Oct 25, 2015
HtwoOw:

You yorubas don't read that's why you fail exams in waec and Jamb nowadays. Col Unegbe an Igbo man was killed by Nzeogwu's boys (Ademoyega and ifeajuna) during that coup.
Re: RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If by Opinedecandid(m): 8:03am On Oct 25, 2015
If you guys can dare awake from slavery and servanthood mentality, better for you.
Re: RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If by DaBullIT(m): 10:08am On Oct 25, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

You yorubas don't read that's why you fail exams in waec and Jamb nowadays. Col Unegbe an Igbo man was killed by Nzeogwu's boys[b] (Ademoyega and ifeajuna) [/b]during that coup.
You have no idea what you are talking about , and that's how stuepid you yeebos get Unegbe was not killed by Ademoyega or Ifeajuna

Yet you claim to be a part of the people who read right ? well , you just failed because i analyzed all the historic contents i could find for your mumuric brother

The army's GOC Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi was tipped off about the coup by a telephone call from Lt. Col. James Pam. Shortly after ending his telephone call with Ironsi, Pam was abducted from his house and shot dead by Maj. Chris Anuforo. The only Igbo to die in the coup, Lt. Col. Arthur Unegbe, was shot by Anuforo because he was known to be close to Brig. Maimalari and had to be silenced in order to avoid him from raising the alarm.[citation needed]

Lt. Col. Unegbe was the Quartermaster-General of the Nigerian Army at Army Headquarters in Lagos and supposedly had the key to the armory which the coupists were keen to get into to secure weapon and ammunition. He was killed for resisting. Most historians have painted him a man that was averse to the coup and his killing during the coup has undermined the propaganda that the coup was by IGBO men in the Nigerian Millitary to entrench the interest of IGBOs in the Nigerian polity.

The army’s GOC Major-General Ironsi was tipped off about the coup by a telephone call from the Army’s Adjutant-General, Lt-Col James Pam. Shortly after ending the telephone call with Ironsi, Pam was abducted from his house and shot dead by Major Chris Anuforo. Pam was the son of the chief of Jos and was widely liked within the army, and regarded as a very capable officer. He was also a father of six. The Majors' decision to kill him mortified his colleagues. Anuforo was most hasty in the use of his firearm on the night of January 15. He personally shot dead Lt-Cols Pam and Unegbe, Colonel Kur Mohammed.

You are a bloody marakafker and please park well for your own sake
Re: RE: Falae, Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If by Arabs999: 10:45am On Oct 25, 2015
HtwoOw:

...This op mumurism and carwardice has no equal. . He is afraid to die for Oduduwa Republic whereas, despite all the killings, Bokom Haram keep on their attack daily without fear.

.... Intact, he is afraid of losing all that he has looted....Bastard...Nigeria must disintegrate so that the nama nama people can go their own.

.....How can a nation, endowed with educated elites allow stagnant nama nama illiterates to rule them ? It is a big shame and disgrace.. This is like the big and mighty elephant allowing himself to be controlled by a 6 years old child

...Mumu.. Mumurism...Mumusristic...that is what u are.

(1) (Reply)

ft / Coup Against Me During 2015 Elections –buhari / VIDEO: See How Nigerian Army Ran Away From Protesting Biafrans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.