Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,963 members, 7,803,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating (2073 Views)

The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road / "I will tone down my criticism of Buhari because of Fashola" – Fayose (Video) / Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by mikeangelo(m): 4:20am On Oct 09, 2015
A few days ago, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, the governor of Lagos state, presented his first stewardship report to the people of the state, via his first quarter report at a Town Hall meeting in Abesan Estate, Alimosho local government area of Lagos, where he rendered the account of his stewardship since taking over the reins of power from Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, his predecessor.

In his statement, he said that during the cause of his three months in office, he has reduced the cost of governance by N9b.
Well, Lagosians have picked holes in his report and didn’t subscribe to his summation. It’s obvious that Mr. Akinwunmi has just refused to work for the common cause of Lagosians, he’s only out to rubbish the legacies of his predecessor, whom majority of inhabitants and visitors to the aquatic state of excellence gives kudos to for making Lagos State the envy of others, this vindictive mission has caused the stagnant status of the State.

A working governor will not only reduce cost but will work to generate more finances for the State. If N9b has been saved so far, which area of infrastructural development has it been channelled to, what loan has it been made to service and into what either long or short term investment has it been ploughed? It is certain that, when you do nothing, you spend nothing. Penny wise, pound foolish you would say.

From the security point of view, Lagos is no longer a safe place, the return of the banished Okada riders now seems to have constituted nuisance in the metropolitan state roads. When the former regime banned them to ply the highways and some major roads in Lagos, relatively there was peace, in some notorious spots in Lagos.

All these activities going on in Lagos now have left untold hardship and a high level of insecurity in the state. As we speak, car snatching, armed robbery cases have been on the increase. Criminals are beginning to have a field day at the expense of law-abiding citizens. Now, we know the reason all the legacies Fashola left are fast deteriorating.

“Traffic jam is back in full swing, roads are getting bad, Okadas are back, security challenge is on the increase, and we are saving money while all these are left undone? Does that make any sense Lagosians,?”a concerned resident lamented.

What can we do, we just have to continue to render our prayers to God to make him see reasons with the masses and do the needful. At the Town Hall meeting, His Excellency needed not to have said too much because if he had scored above average, his works would have done the speaking and the people would have applauded him as they did with Fashola.

In conclusion, a lot of Lagosians and residents want Governor Ambode to succeed but the feelers everywhere within the state is the same; citizens of the state are just yet to feel his impact, with many gradually losing confidence in him, his youthfulness and vibrancy from whom they expect double portion of the vigour and handwork that ex-Gov Fashola brought to state, which has thus become a standard with which any other governor of the state coming after him will be measured and is expected to surpass.

Some of these flaks, were constructively stated, the aides of the governor, though, might not see it in that direction since they can always tell the governor what he wants to hear.

http://www.mikeangelonews.com/politicos/gov-ambode-should-not-only-save-money-but-must-be-seen-to-work/
cc: lalasticlala, Seun, Oluwaseun, Osewa

1 Like

Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by chidibond(m): 5:40am On Oct 09, 2015
He just doesn't have the same charisma.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by warrior01: 5:49am On Oct 09, 2015
That means he failed as a governor as everything said to have been done by him didn't even last for 4 months after being in the saddle for 8 uninterrupted years. No institutions were built but only propaganda and now the chickens have come home to roast. Again, shame on the South West media propaganda and unnecessary hyping of a man whose so called legacies couldn't even last for 4 months after he left office.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 09, 2015
You are making so much sense!!!
warrior01:
That means he failed as a governor as everything said to have been done by him didn't even last for 4 months. No institutions was built but only propaganda and now the chickens have come home to roast. Again, shame on the South West media propaganda and unnecessary hyping of a man whose so called legacies couldn't even last for 4 months after he left office.
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by tafrica(m): 6:32am On Oct 09, 2015
warrior01:
That means he failed as a governor as everything said to have been done by him didn't even last for 4 months. No institutions was built but only propaganda and now the chickens have come home to roast. Again, shame on the South West media propaganda and unnecessary hyping of a man whose so called legacies couldn't even last for 4 months after he left office.

If the road Lagosians claimed Fashola constructed deteriorated 4months after he left, Fashola can be said to be a scam or just a product of media hype. Now Lagosians are posting pix of floods and bad roads all over internet, were they not like this during Fashola's era? Lagosians only kept mute cuz they seem to love Fashola than Ambode.
Truth be said also, Ambode has been a mediocre performer so far, he was sold to the Lagosians with his CV, but he is short of expectation. Let's hope Ambode will fix bad roads and floods Fashola couldn't fix in 8 years.
I'm worried about Ambode, he looks unserious sha. But since APC and lagosians believe only Tinubu can judge and discern soundly, they should take Ambode with joy cuz he is what 'god' Tinubu gave them. Tinubu calling the shots in Lagos since 1900

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by LadyExcellency: 6:40am On Oct 09, 2015
The Legacies of Goodluck Jonathan is fast taking a nosedive at Federal level.

We pray that Nigeria won't collapse at this rate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by Bitterleafsoup: 6:45am On Oct 09, 2015
When they were posting no power in Lagos on front page not one of those Nairaland Fakeshola fans came on the thread the guy finish Lagos but Sahara Reporters will keep them busy with fake news for the nexy 4 years.
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by tpiander: 6:47am On Oct 09, 2015
Nigeria needs to imbibe a maintenance culture.
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by MayorofLagos(m): 6:56am On Oct 09, 2015
Lagosians love their Oba.
Ambode is aware and sticking with the mainstream.
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by luvmijeje(f): 6:59am On Oct 09, 2015
warrior01:
[s]That means he failed as a governor as everything said to have been done by him didn't even last for 4 months. No institutions was built but only propaganda and now the chickens have come home to roast. Again, shame on the South West media propaganda and unnecessary hyping of a man whose so called legacies couldn't even last for 4 months after he left office[/s].
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by Yinkahlite(m): 7:06am On Oct 09, 2015
stop running your mouth and start work
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by bonechamberlain(m): 7:08am On Oct 09, 2015
in reality ambode didn't win Lagos. when I go around Lagos and see the work of fashola, I marvel. now the looters in Lagos state feels its their time to loot the state as under fashola it was almost impossible, that's why even the oba has to come out and issue threats, he too feels its time to loot. criminals all over in Lagos.

next election Lagos should experience change
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by stanech: 7:12am On Oct 09, 2015
Compared to the debt of Lagos state I don't think fashola has any legacy.

Borrowing 1billion dollars plus huge internally generated revenue is not a legacy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by ChappyChase: 7:24am On Oct 09, 2015
Mikeangelo, I hope you not igbo? Because when una dey carry that over fed/pampered baby called Ambode to come rule una, una no know say na one chance una dey enter bah? Well to me, that una governor is more of an 'Amebo de' than Ambode (if you understand yoruba, you will know what I mean)!
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by aljharem(m): 7:30am On Oct 09, 2015
I feel so sorry for my state. It is just a huge shame that ambode is setting himself to be the worse governor Lagos state has ever had.
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 09, 2015
warrior01:
That means he failed as a governor as everything said to have been done by him didn't even last for 4 months after being in the saddle for 8 uninterrupted years. No institutions were built but only propaganda and now the chickens have come home to roast. Again, shame on the South West media propaganda and unnecessary hyping of a man whose so called legacies couldn't even last for 4 months after he left office.
Do you Know what a Megacity is? Am sure you don't.. Lagos is not like your village where only Keke Napep ply's.. Lagos is a Country on its own.. Thus, it needs routine maintenance, unending rehabilitation..That's My Lagos, That's our Lagos..There's a reason why she's been called Centre of Excellence..

1 Like

Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by Beremx(f): 7:33am On Oct 09, 2015
All Fashola's legacies are fast deteriorating? Really?

Op,you better keep quiet and stop lying because you don't live In Lagos
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by aljharem(m): 7:35am On Oct 09, 2015
olatunji21:

Do you Know what a Megacity is? Am sure you don't.. Lagos is not like your village where only Keke Napep ply's.. Lagos is a Country on its own.. Thus, it needs routine maintenance, unending rehabilitation..That's My Lagos, That's our Lagos..There's a reason why she's been called Centre of Excellence..

Please how does your comment address the current state of Lagos?
Lagos is fast became like Abia if that Ambo-ode -de does not wwork. The idiot even used fashola to campaign

so much for propaganda
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by aljharem(m): 7:38am On Oct 09, 2015
Beremx:

anuty just visit roads in iyana ipaja, the Herbert maculey road mainland, alaba, even the lekki -epe is going down now. What about the vi bar beach road towards oniru etc
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by Gbengais(m): 7:40am On Oct 09, 2015
This ambode sef... hin 4kupd dn dey tuu much
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 09, 2015
aljharem:

Please how does your comment address the current state of Lagos?
Lagos is fast became like Abia if that Ambo-ode -de does not wwork. The idiot even used fashola to campaign

so much for propaganda
The Silly Orobo errand boy is not even fit to b a local government chairman, he's a mediocrity at best.. He has reduced Lagos to ground zero..He's not worth my sweat..I stood in d Sun to vote d fuckhard ..So disgusting
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by appini: 7:41am On Oct 09, 2015
LadyExcellency:
The Legacies of Goodluck Jonathan is fast taking a nosedive at Federal level.

We pray that Nigeria won't collapse at this rate.

Don't mind them.. Hypocrites!!
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by warrior01: 7:42am On Oct 09, 2015
olatunji21:

Which Lagos are you talking about? Abi you think you're talking to a stranger; from the Island to the mainland, tell me an area with good passable roads and drainage system? Everywhere is in deplorable condition and you're here with your usual propaganda. Go to Alimosho, though the biggest local government, you will cry for those people there. Shame to the propaganda filled LASG. Pics speaks more than a thousand words

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by Beremx(f): 7:46am On Oct 09, 2015
aljharem:

anuty just visit roads in iyana ipaja, the Herbert maculey road mainland, alaba, even the lekki -epe is going down now. What about the vi bar beach road towards oniru etc
the ipaja-ayobo road is still under construction not that it has deteriorated. Some section of alaba road has been bad for a very long time. It is the job of the LG to fix that bad portion. I dunno of the other places you mentioned.

Fashola did not do any substandard job.truth be told.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 09, 2015
Beremx:

Madam that's the Fact... Have been away for quite a while..On getting to Lagos on Wednesday(My first Visit since June), i was amazed.. I saw Okada plying bridges, i saw Danfo on BRT lane, i saw Danfo picking passengers in d middle of the road then i faced this terrible traffic(from ojota down to Onipanu), our roads are getting dark, it's no longer litted up at night...Lagos has gone to the dogs, the dark old days are back... Now in Oshodi, faced with anoda traffic...Mehn
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by Beremx(f): 7:49am On Oct 09, 2015
olatunji21:

Madam that's the Fact... Have been away for quite a while..On getting to Lagos on Wednesday(My first Visit since June), i was amazed.. I saw Okada plying bridges, i saw Danfo on BRT lane, i saw Danfo picking passengers in d middle of the road then i faced this terrible traffic(from ojota down to Onipanu), our roads are getting dark, it's no longer litted up at night...Lagos has gone to the dogs, the dark old days are back... Now in Oshodi, faced with anoda traffic...Mehn
I was actually talking of roads. If all that you said is true, blame it on Ambode who is still jonzing

1 Like

Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by joseph1832(m): 7:54am On Oct 09, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
When they were posting no power in Lagos on front page not one of those Nairaland Fakeshola fans came on the thread the guy finish Lagos but Sahara Reporters will keep them busy with fake news for the nexy 4 years.
Madam is power generation under the control of the Lagos state government? No power in Lagos and the Lagos state government is to blame right?.

Mr I Am Bode should get his ass to work ASAP! Saving 9billion and not doing anything doesn't amount to anything tangible.

If the youth in Alausa at that town hall meeting didn't rip him apart with his bias presentation, then they've failed. We must not hold sway for anybody, be them our parents or our friends or even our pastors.

Whenever people err we must always endeavor to tell them not look at them and ignore or encourage them.

Governor Ambode should get his ass to work and stop masturbat!ng over what Fashola did and did not do!.

His god father should know that should Ambode fail to live up to one tenth of the legacy Fashola left behind, then Lagostians will boot him/APC out of office. He case might become GEJ in the state level.

olatunji21:

And who is to blame for this trend, Fashola?.
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by bomasek(m): 7:55am On Oct 09, 2015
Media hyped legacy u mean
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Madam is power generation under the control of the Lagos state government? No power in Lagos and the Lagos state government is to blame right?.

Mr I Am Bode should get his ass to work ASAP! Saving 9billion and not doing anything doesn't amount to anything tangible.

If the youth in Alausa at that town hall meeting didn't rip him apart with his bias presentation, then they've failed. We must not hold sway for anybody, be them our parents or our friends or even our pastors.

Whenever people err we must always endeavor to tell them not look at them and ignore or encourage them.

Governor Ambode should get his ass to work and stop masturbat!ng over what Fashola did and did not do!.

His god father should know that should Ambode fail to live up to one tenth of the legacy Fashola left behind, then Lagostians will boot him/APC out of office. He case might become GEJ in the state level.

And who is to blame for this trend, Fashola?.
Fashola Keh?
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by joseph1832(m): 8:04am On Oct 09, 2015
olatunji21:
Fashola Keh?
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by tpiander: 8:08am On Oct 09, 2015
There is no H after ke.
Re: Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating by chidibond(m): 2:35pm On Aug 08, 2018
chidibond:
He just doesn't have the same charisma.
I just saw this now, how wrong we were, and how quick to judge.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Invites Tompolo: Channels Television. / Arms Scandal: Former PDP Chairman, Son In EFCC Net Over N600million / Buhari Sends Chief Of Staff To Supreme Court To Influence Judgment Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.