Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Flashback: How Oliseh Fought Onigbinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flashback: How Oliseh Fought Onigbinde (1028 Views)

Flashback: How Kudirat Abiola Was Brutally Assassinated On The Streets Of Lagos / "This Is The Govt I Fought For"Released Blogger Abubakar Sidik Voices Out.Photos / Tunde Bakare: Tinubu Singlehandedly Fought PDP To A Standstill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashback: How Oliseh Fought Onigbinde by nigerianvenom(m): 7:16am On Oct 09, 2015
Former Nigeria skipper Sunday Oliseh claims coach Adegboye Onigbinde is not in charge of the World Cup-bound team.

Oliseh gave a new twist to the row which has rumbled on between him and Onigbinde and which threatens to undermine morale in the Super Eagles’ camp.
Onigbinde claimed Borussia Dortmund midfielder Oliseh snubbed him by failing to return calls.

Open Quote

It’s not the coach deciding the team, it’s somebody above him who is deciding for him who he should play

Close Quote

Sunday Oliseh
Neither Oliseh or Ipswich Town’s Finidi George have played for Nigeria since they led a players’ protest over air ticket refunds at the African Cup of Nations in February.
Oliseh’s omission from Nigeria’s squad since then prompted him to say: “It’s not the coach deciding the team.
“It is somebody above him who is deciding for him who he should play,”
Local media reports have suggested the country’s sports minister, Ishaya Mark Aku, ordered the players be blacklisted after the Nations Cup episode.
Oliseh denied Onigbinde’s claims that he is being ignored by the midfielder.
Onigbinde claimed he had called the Borussia Dortmund midfielder four times in an attempt to discuss his international future, but had received no reply.
Warning
The Nigeria coach said: “I can’t beg him to come and play for Nigeria.”
In an exclusive interview with BBC’s Fast Track programme, Oliseh said that he had not been contacted by the coach.
“After the exclusion of myself and Finidi George, there were a lot of things talked about. But I have not spoken to Onigbinde.”
“For someone to say they contacted me and I’m refusing to join, that’s not true,” he said.
Oliseh has not played for the Super Eagles since Onigbinde took over from Amodu Shaibu after the African Nations Cup.
But he said he did not feel frozen out because of this.
“I don’t feel excluded,” he stated.
“The last two games Nigeria played, it was good for my club that I was not part of it because it let me focus on the Uefa Cup and the Bundesliga.
“I’ve had my wing in the team for 10 years, and it’s not right to be greedy.”
Oliseh also warned Onigbinde against taking an inexperienced side to the World Cup where Nigeria are drawn in a tough first round group with Argentina, England and Sweden.
He said: “The World Cup is for men,”
scannewsnigeria.com/sports/flashback-how-oliseh-fought-onigbinde/
Re: Flashback: How Oliseh Fought Onigbinde by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 09, 2015
What goes around comes around.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: How Oliseh Fought Onigbinde by amii131(f): 7:27am On Oct 09, 2015
What makes me feel oliseh not going to stay long in that position unlike keshi undecided

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: How Oliseh Fought Onigbinde by BusinessHub1: 7:35am On Oct 09, 2015
I pity the team...instead of bringing good and positive impact he's started humiliating and scaring away those that kept the team going. soon it'll be down on him how valuable Enyeama was to the team.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: How Oliseh Fought Onigbinde by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 09, 2015
Click like if you think Oliseh has failed already as Eagles coach and share if you think he is doing the right thing .
Let the voting begin. Personally, he is a failure! Loosing match anyhow. Keshi was a "drawer" st least, and he managed the Boys well.

7 Likes

Re: Flashback: How Oliseh Fought Onigbinde by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 09, 2015
Olise messed up,Imagine humiliating who has given his all to the eagles and nigerians at large. will he succeed with this crude management skills? I doubt.
Re: Flashback: How Oliseh Fought Onigbinde by permsec: 8:07am On Oct 09, 2015
Facts and findings.

As at 2004, sunday Oliseh headbutted his fellow player in the dressing room in Vfl Bochum. Reason is he asked the player why he always hold unto the ball everytime. And the player whose name is Vahid responded by saying "since you are not the coach or the assistant, you have no right to question my playing style". Then oliseh Zidaned him.

Sunday Oliseh was sacked after the incident. Same oliseh is the one ranting about indiscipline in his team.

Wetin good for Guinea good for Uganda sef.

3 Likes

Re: Flashback: How Oliseh Fought Onigbinde by ki02020(m): 8:14am On Oct 09, 2015
jcmaiah:
Click like if you think Oliseh has failed already as Eagles coach and share if you think he is doing the right thing .
Let the voting begin. Personally, he is a failure! Loosing match anyhow. Keshi was a "drawer" st least, and he managed the Boys well.

You don't need likes and shares to draw your analysis......simply follow the thread to
Re: Flashback: How Oliseh Fought Onigbinde by ki02020(m): 8:14am On Oct 09, 2015
jcmaiah:

You don't need likes and shares to draw your analysis......simply follow the thread to draw conclusions

1 Like

Re: Flashback: How Oliseh Fought Onigbinde by ckmayoca: 8:19am On Oct 09, 2015
In anything u do just be good and humble so people don't use it against you in future.
Re: Flashback: How Oliseh Fought Onigbinde by nigerianvenom(m): 11:34am On Oct 09, 2015
Oliseh is a cancer to nigerian football. Ask okocha and kanu who were able to tolerate him

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tonyebarcanista And Cramjones; The Two Inflated Balloons Awaiting To Burst / Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes / Delta State Approves Over N5billion Naira For Road Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.