Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning (28796 Views)

Python That Eats My Neighbour's Chicken Caught Alive This Morning / See The Snake I Killed In My Oil Palm Mill This Morning, Help Me Thank God / See The Owl They Killed At Ikotun Market This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by adanny01(m): 9:52am On Oct 09, 2015
Wow.

This looks like a close up.

The rainbow was even before the hill in the background.
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 09, 2015
eyesofgod:

God created and humans studied it as always with all things. The first mention of rainbow was in the bible. It is meant to remind us of God's promise never to destroy the world by flood again.
studying sciences in nigeria is a bit frustrating because most people don't even believe in what they study.
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by eyesofgod: 9:54am On Oct 09, 2015
donigspain:
Submerged the "world" of Noah as he knew it!

Eyesofgod not for this type of debate. Adieu!
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by eyesofgod: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2015
herringbone:
studying sciences in nigeria is a bit frustrating because most people don't even believe in what they study.

Of course. Ours is science by hallucination.
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2015
Rainbow - A reminder God's covenant with the Earth NEVER to destroy it with WATER.

Genesis 9:13-16 New King James Version (NKJV)

13. I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.
14. It shall be when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud;
15. And I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16. The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by donigspain(m): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2015
starlingslimnet:
You have reading or learning disorder? He said "world" and you are talking about "Asia" Is Asia a world or a continent?
Actually, you are of low intelligence. The term 'World' can mean any of the following:
Pronunciation: (wûrld), [key]
—n.
1. the earth or globe, considered as a planet.
2. (often cap.) a particular division of the earth: the Western world.
3. the earth or a part of it, with its inhabitants, affairs, etc., during a particular period: the ancient world.

Now, a being of high intelligence will always derive a meaning either connotatively or denotatively and then relate it contextually. Now run back and read the discussions again. Maybe, you might see reason to go back to school. undecided undecided
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by Spiff20(m): 10:02am On Oct 09, 2015
Who hasn't seen a rainbow before? Rainbow making front page, soon it'll be the Sun
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by macof(m): 10:03am On Oct 09, 2015
Lattop:
It remind u of God and him alone worthy of our praises

Nah! Reminds you of Osumare the divine serpent

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 09, 2015
donigspain:
Actually, you are of low intelligence. The term 'World' can mean any of the following:
Pronunciation: (wûrld), [key]
—n.
1. the earth or globe, considered as a planet.
2. (often cap.) a particular division of the earth: the Western world.
3. the earth or a part of it, with its inhabitants, affairs, etc., during a particular period: the ancient world.

Now, a being of high intelligence will always derive a meaning either connotatively or denotatively and then relate it contextually. Now run back and read the discussions again. Maybe, you might see reason to go back to school. undecided undecided
Analytically you daft,intellectually you are st'upid,potentially you are reta'rded. Common sense do not tell your chemically inert brain that contextually the word "world" refers to the planet earth in the original manuscript. And here you are confidently and gloriously advertising your innate yet arrogant stupidity for all to see.

Una no dey shame?
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by Lullabye(f): 10:05am On Oct 09, 2015
God is simply the Best
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by adedayourt(m): 10:07am On Oct 09, 2015
emmanuel596:
How would dis provide my daily bread

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by macof(m): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2015
Ramos16:

C'mon guys, you mean you have never seen rainbow before, where do you guys live, on earth? what.... my friend from Lagos also came to the North to study once, and we were having hail storm, he ran inside shouting my name saying "omo something don da happen oh, come see", I went out to see, and he pointed the Ice block, I was like, "Okay?" and he said "It's a miracle"

PS: I rephrased some of the conversation, bottom line, he has never seen rain falling with ICE

grin grin I think that never happens in lagos
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by donigspain(m): 10:10am On Oct 09, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Analytically you daft,intellectually you are st'upid,potentially you are reta'rded. Common sense do not tell your chemically inert brain that contextually the word "world" refers to the planet earth in the original manuscript. And here you are advertising your innate yet arrogant stupidity for all to see.
A LITTLE EDUCATION FOR DUMMIES
In scripture, the phrases "the earth" and "the world" pertaine to a locality, and not to the whole earth. Even when America was first discovered by Europeans, it was called "the new world." This phrase did not refer to a new planet, but just a locality on the same planet.

1. Most would say that the flood covered all the earth, but in Hebrew, the word for "earth" can mean locality as well:

a. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and Lot's daughters said "there's not a man in the earth (erets) to come in unto us" (Genesis 19:31) We know that not every man in the world was killed ... only those in the area of the destruction.

b. Exodus 9:33 "the rain was not poured upon the earth" #776 (erets)... Of course we understand it is just speaking about a certain area in Egypt.

c. In Jeremiah 34:1, "all the kingdoms of the earth of his dominion, and all the peoples, fought against Jerusalem." There the phrase "of the earth" is limited to "his dominion," i.e., the dominion of Nebuchadnezzar.

d. In II Chronicles 36:23, Cyrus' empire is said to have encompassed "all the kingdoms of the earth." But there were kingdoms in the Far East which were surely not included.

e. Acts 11:28 speaks of a similar famine "throughout all the world," yet it is not likely it really meant over the whole globe including the New World.

f. Luke 2:1 refers to a decree which went out to tax "the whole world." But this only refers to the territories that the Romans controlled.

I could go on with the list but this would be suffice.

citation

REF: THE BOLDED PART OF YOUR POST

A man gave an account of what he saw and as limited as his mental state, sight (visibility), exposure etc. could have him account, he assumed the entire earth was submerged in water! Tell me, where did the waters recede to after the storm if the whole earth (oceans and land) were submerged? I assume you have basic understanding of the water cycle. undecided undecided

Need I tell you that many evidence exist to prove that other civilisation existed side by side with that of Noah in other parts of the earth.

Now hop along dummy!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by mikeczay: 10:11am On Oct 09, 2015
Awo boy in here
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by macof(m): 10:16am On Oct 09, 2015
eyesofgod:

God created and humans studied it as always with all things. The first mention of rainbow was in the bible. It is meant to remind us of God's promise never to destroy the world by flood again.

You should read more. Different cultures with different ideas of what the rainbow is

Ur bible is not the first to mention the rainbow, here its the bow of a deity in other cultures it's something different

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by Babafaros(m): 10:17am On Oct 09, 2015
defemidefemi:
Babafaros, u don enter Moz this morning? na u o.

Lol
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2015
Wow! God is good...d pic was taken beside block S, my block last year in Moz...
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 09, 2015
donigspain:

A LITTLE EDUCATION FOR DUMMIES
In scripture, the phrases "the earth" and "the world" pertaine to a locality, and not to the whole earth. Even when America was first discovered by Europeans, it was called "the new world." This phrase did not refer to a new planet, but just a locality on the same planet.

1. Most would say that the flood covered all the earth, but in Hebrew, the word for "earth" can mean locality as well:

a. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and Lot's daughters said "there's not a man in the earth (erets) to come in unto us" (Genesis 19:31) We know that not every man in the world was killed ... only those in the area of the destruction.

b. Exodus 9:33 "the rain was not poured upon the earth" #776 (erets)... Of course we understand it is just speaking about a certain area in Egypt.

c. In Jeremiah 34:1, "all the kingdoms of the earth of his dominion, and all the peoples, fought against Jerusalem." There the phrase "of the earth" is limited to "his dominion," i.e., the dominion of Nebuchadnezzar.

d. In II Chronicles 36:23, Cyrus' empire is said to have encompassed "all the kingdoms of the earth." But there were kingdoms in the Far East which were surely not included.

e. Acts 11:28 speaks of a similar famine "throughout all the world," yet it is not likely it really meant over the whole globe including the New World.

f. Luke 2:1 refers to a decree which went out to tax "the whole world." But this only refers to the territories that the Romans controlled.

I could go on with the list but this would be suffice.

citation

REF: THE BOLDED PART OF YOUR POST

A man gave an account of what he saw and as limited as his mental state, sight (visibility), exposure etc. could have him account, he assumed the entire earth was submerged in water! Tell me, where did the waters recede to after the storm if the whole earth (oceans and land) were submerged?

Need I tell you that many evidence exist to prove that other civilisation existed side by side with that of Noah in other parts of the earth.

Now hop along dummy!
Another packaged baggage from a talented mad man. Need I to explain things to you seeing you have learning disorder? No, I have better things to do.

Goodluck with your stupidity.
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by macof(m): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2015
eyesofgod:

Not comparable to the one that submerged the whole earth.
there was never a flood that submerged the whole earth

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by Kayceewyte(m): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]What a good time to be alive... Sips coke coolWhat a good time to be alive... Sips coke
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by eyesofgod: 10:22am On Oct 09, 2015
macof:

You should read more. Different cultures with different ideas of what the rainbow is

Ur bible is not the first to mention the rainbow, here its the bow of a deity in other cultures it's something different

Looool! I am not unaware of other cultural background to the rainbow. My view is my belief.
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by donigspain(m): 10:25am On Oct 09, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Another packaged baggage from a talented mad man. Need I to explain things to you seeing you are have learning disorder? No, I have better things to do.Goodluck with your stupidity.
Hehehe, you can't even stand a LEVEL 1 intellectual discuss. I used same Bible to flog you into oblivion. grin grin grin Seems all you kids do in school these days is learn trendy cuss words. I can bet my kid bro will floor you in basic debates.
macof:
Please macos tell that dummy called starlingslimnet.
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 09, 2015
macof:

Some people are goats!

Holding on strongly to culture history of a group as world history.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 09, 2015
Babafaros:
If you have not seen rainbow formed on the sky before,
these are the photos of rainbow formed on the sky these morning.....
Everyone was really amazed....
Photos are taken are the back Of Mozambique hall in Great Ife

Ur camera sharp! Hw many pixel?
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 09, 2015
donigspain:

Hehehe, you can't even stand a LEVEL 1 intellectual discuss. I used same Bible to flog you into oblivion. grin grin grin Seems all you kids do in school these days is learn trendy cuss words. I can bet my kid bro will floor you in basic debates.
Please macos tell that dummy called starlingslimnet.
Goodluck with your stupidity.
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 09, 2015
Elzends:
Awesome God

Mighty one

You are highly lifted up, awesome God

You are highly lifted up, mighty one#singing

REALLY

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by eyesofgod: 10:29am On Oct 09, 2015
macof:

My view is my belief
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by fairygeh(f): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2015
Awesome God,
How great you are,
you are the Lord
mighty are your miracles,
Lord we stand in awe,of your Holy name
Lord we bow and worship you.
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by Babafaros(m): 10:41am On Oct 09, 2015
lekahm:

Ur camera sharp! Hw many pixel?
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by brilliant5(m): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2015
It AF tay I saw one oooo
Re: Photos Of Rainbow Formed On The Sky This Morning by macof(m): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2015
eyesofgod:

My view is my belief

There's so much more to a view and belief especially when you claim to be familiar with other narratives. . But pick just one of them as "your belief"(it's not your view btw, no steal wetin no be your own) you should have a reason to have this "belief"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Seen Lying Lifeless On Ojuelegba Road (photos) / Change Old NIN Phone Number To New Number / Top 10 Billionaires That Dropped Out Of School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.