Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,425 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:12 PM

The Issue Of Parent Deciding On Whom Their So Marry Is It Proper? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Issue Of Parent Deciding On Whom Their So Marry Is It Proper? (487 Views)

Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? / Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? / What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Issue Of Parent Deciding On Whom Their So Marry Is It Proper? by Crossbelt(m): 8:47am On Oct 09, 2015
I have been asking this question over and over again and people keep on saying it's normal and even better for the parent to choose whom their son marry, why is it so? Is it not the son that live with the wife? Or why should they be the one to choose for him?
Please feel free to make your comments
Re: The Issue Of Parent Deciding On Whom Their So Marry Is It Proper? by donTbone(m): 8:49am On Oct 09, 2015
Except for a tangible or historical reason, yes it is proper...
otherwise, am not in support!
Re: The Issue Of Parent Deciding On Whom Their So Marry Is It Proper? by Tallesty1(m): 9:03am On Oct 09, 2015
donTbone:
Except for a tangible or historical reason, yes it is proper...
otherwise, am not in support!
Supported.
Re: The Issue Of Parent Deciding On Whom Their So Marry Is It Proper? by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 09, 2015
I'm sitting on the fence on this one jare.

I was all for everyone choosing their own partners themselves, but noticed that, so many young people look for the wrong things in a spouse and end up being blind to the crucial things, leading them to grit their teeth years into the marriage. Their parents are also not spared of the frustration and unhappiness.

So, i will say, choose if you have sense. If not, let your parents choose for you. grin tongue
Re: The Issue Of Parent Deciding On Whom Their So Marry Is It Proper? by Jimdonnet(m): 10:11am On Oct 09, 2015
Parents can only trace the history of the. Partner and offer advices but not say who and who their child must marry.nothing concern them.they have lived their lives let their children live their own lives and. Make mistakes also
Re: The Issue Of Parent Deciding On Whom Their So Marry Is It Proper? by MsBliss(f): 10:28am On Oct 09, 2015
What an elder sees sitting down...............you know the rest.

(1) (Reply)

Be A Good Communicator / A Friend Of Mine Told Me Things He Hated About His Dad / The World 10th Oldest People.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.