Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Google Shocks Everyone By Purchasing Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Shocks Everyone By Purchasing Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com (662 Views)

FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers / Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits / Buhari Shocks Longtime Friend, Rejects His Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Shocks Everyone By Purchasing Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com by rummeh: 10:15am On Oct 09, 2015
Google has purchased the domain name abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.comin the wake of its restructuring as Alphabet, continuing its domain purchase spree.
The company launched conglomerate Alphabet's site on ABC.xyz back in August, a move which saw the internet giant cleave its core YouTube, search, Android and email business from its ambitious research divisions, including the secretive Google X labs division.
Domaininvesting.com noted that abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com was originally created in 1999, and that Google is now registered as the owner of the site under Whois records.
Alphabet's home page is abc.xyz, so the company now has one of the longest domain names around as well as one of the shortest.
However, the site notes, it's unlikely that even Google will be able to pursuade BMW to sell them alphabet.com, or news network ABC to give upABC.com. Google will probably choose to leave the site as an inactive placeholder, rather than populate it with any new Alphabet content, and it's unknown how much they paid to gain control of the name.
Former Google employee Sanmay Ved claimed to have paid $12 to buy Google.com last month, before the company swiftly revoked his access around one minute later.
"I clicked the add to cart icon beside the domain (which should not appear if the domain is not available for sale)," he said. "The domain actually got added to my cart as seen by the green check-box, and the domain appeared in my cart."
During the sixty seconds or so, Ved said he received emails from Google webmaster tools and notifications relating to other sites owned by the company.

Selling on domain names can mean big business for those savvy enough to register names in time, or fortunate enough to have owned them for some time. Prior to the launch of Apple's iPad in 2010, enterpreneurial web users registered sites such as ipad download.com, ipaddownloads.com andipaddownloads.net in their droves in the hope of reselling them for millions of dollars.

for more visit>>>>>>>>>>
http://newsdoggen..com/2015/10/google-shocks-everyone-by-purchasing.html
Re: Google Shocks Everyone By Purchasing Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com by Bishops10(m): 11:04am On Oct 09, 2015
which wan come be ABCD......domain again? Smashing FTC like I don't care
Re: Google Shocks Everyone By Purchasing Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com by Bishops10(m): 11:05am On Oct 09, 2015
which wan come be ABCD......domain again? Smashing FTC like I don't care
Re: Google Shocks Everyone By Purchasing Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com by rummeh: 11:15am On Oct 09, 2015
Bishops10:
which wan come be ABCD......domain again?
Smashing FTC like I don't care
Bros i tire for google oh, dem say dem no want alphabets combinations grin money talks
Re: Google Shocks Everyone By Purchasing Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com by rummeh: 11:36am On Oct 09, 2015
i bet this topic will not make front grin page

(1) (Reply)

Former Bayelsa Governor Alamieyeseigha Is Dead / Ni Ministerial Nominee From Cross River State; Why / The most stupid question asked in the senate today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.