Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,880 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:05 AM

I Want To Propose To My Fiancee - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Propose To My Fiancee (2797 Views)

My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years / Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by malawi14(m): 10:23am On Oct 09, 2015
I have been dating this lady for 6years now,and believe me she is a complete woman in d sense dat she is every man's dream,she as her own weakness,but her weakness nd her strength makes me love her the more,I need advice and suggestion from my 2nd family(NAIRALANDERS),this lady she is from abia,@olokoro;d mum doesn't lik me cos am from edo state,d dad is just neutral,nd hapens to b d only legitimate child,she as a step brother.today or tomorw I want to suprise her by proposing to her,my family loves her nd my friends,pls I need your advice on what to do concerning the mother.I stay around dopemu in lagos,I don't know which of the hotels I'll use for the proposal.tnx
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by Cutehector(m): 10:30am On Oct 09, 2015
U need permision and advice frm nairalanders befor marryin abi? U don enta one chance

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by senorB(f): 10:31am On Oct 09, 2015
Must you propose in a hotel...Give the mum a shocker, propose in front of family members

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by MrHighSea: 10:35am On Oct 09, 2015
Mek it simpl, organize a causual gt 2geda among una fam n friend n pop n qestn. No rehearsals, make it natural. Of cos jazz in d bkgrnd. NO MORE QUESTNS, HAPPY PROPOSAL DAY
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by agarawu23(m): 10:38am On Oct 09, 2015
malawi14:
I have been dating this lady for 6years now,and believe me she is a complete woman in d sense dat she is every man's dream,she as her own weakness,but her weakness nd her strength makes me love her the more,I need advice and suggestion from my 2nd family(NAIRALANDERS),this lady she is from abia,@olokoro;d mum doesn't lik me cos am from edo state,d dad is just neutral,nd hapens to b d only legitimate child,she as a step brother.today or tomorw I want to suprise her by proposing to her,my family loves her nd my friends,pls I need your advice on what to do concerning the mother.I stay around dopemu in lagos,I don't know which of the hotels I'll use for the proposal.tnx
OK lover boy.

Her mum doesn't like you will be a big challenges you will be facing because it will be better if her dad doesn't like you instead of her mum because we children are used to our mum than our dad.

You have dated her for 6years, therefore if marriage will not follow your proposal immediately, forget proposing to her dude. Don't waste more of her time.

Must you copy what others are doing ? Why can't you just propose to her in a simple way instead of hotel or you wan show her say you are romantic? Those stuffs doesn't mean you are OK?

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by bellong: 10:55am On Oct 09, 2015
What happened to going to propose to her in her house in front of her mum that doesn't like you?

She will know you can enter the Lion's den for her sake if you do this.

Meanwhile, I hope when you are married, you will not come here to ask us where her hole is.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 09, 2015
bellong:
What happened to going to propose to her in her house in front of her mum that doesn't like you?
Meanwhile, I hope when you are married, you will not come here to ask us where her hole is.

shocked shocked shocked

Obara Jisos! *sprinkles holy water*

1 Like

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 09, 2015
Nice one bruv... i'm about to propose to my gurl (Possibly this month) but I keep getting goose bumps... sometimes I get scared when I look at marriages that started smoothly a ended badly, I get scared when I see how women change (good to bad), I got scared when a friend told me how diligent, faithful a hardworking his chick was before they got married and now the reverse is the case.
Yes I love my gurl, is she the one I would love to spend the rest of my life with : Yes, but a man gat to do what a man gat to do.....
I wish u well bruv but above all, hope u have prayed about it cus a woman can either make u or break u...
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by redgem(f): 11:15am On Oct 09, 2015
Discuss with her dad then organize a small gathering without telling her.... Let her dad call her to come over for some thing urgent, then surprise.... Pop the question

I hope she says yes

1 Like

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by malawi14(m): 11:31am On Oct 09, 2015
Tnx for all your advice nd criticism,d parents r based somewere in anambra nd d mum according to my fiancee as been meeting pastors to pray so dat my fiancee won't marry me,so I asked y?she said edo is far from abia dat what if she is old dat I'll keep taking my wife to my vllage
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by malawi14(m): 11:38am On Oct 09, 2015
Am thinking of proposing to her before meeting the parents,cos by nxt wik sat both parents wil be in lagos for her cousin'swedding.no doubth I'll b there,nd I'll use d opportunity to meet them,I pray de like me,my fiancee use to say d dad is not d problem but the mum,dat if she sees me she will eye me from up to toe,dat she won't see anytin good in me,bt she says she is bent on marrying me no mata wat anybody says.
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
malawi14:
Am thinking of proposing to her before meeting the parents,cos by nxt wik sat both parents wil be in lagos for her cousin'swedding.no doubth I'll b there,nd I'll use d opportunity to meet them,I pray de like me,my fiancee use to say d dad is not d problem but the mum,dat if she sees me she will eye me from up to toe,dat she won't see anytin good in me,bt she says she is bent on marrying me no mata wat anybody says.

I think you should meet them first before proposing. Just a casual dad/mum, meet my friend kinda thing. I don't think the first time your girl's parents will be seeing you should be when you are already engaged.

Build up your relationship with them first and not slam them with official marriage talk when they don't even know a thing about you.

Never say never. The mum might actually end up liking you. Just be yourself when you do meet her. Don't try to 'over do'. Be courteous and respectful. You will be fine. smiley

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by malawi14(m): 12:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
Phema:

I think you should meet them first before proposing. Just a casual dad/mum, meet my friend kinda thing. I don't think the first time your girl's parents will be seeing you should be when you are already engaged.

Build up your relationship with them first and not slam them with official marriage talk when they don't even know a thing about you.

Never say never. The mum might actually end up liking you. Just be yourself when you do meet her. Don't try to 'over do'. Be courteous and respectful. You will be fine. smiley
Tnx for d advice.......
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by Enahi(f): 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
malawi14:
Tnx for all your advice nd criticism,d parents r based somewere in anambra nd d mum according to my fiancee as been meeting pastors to pray so dat my fiancee won't marry me,so I asked y?she said edo is far from abia dat what if she is old dat I'll keep taking my wife to my vllage

Jeez sorry you MIL to be is local and has a local mentality.

I think your girl's mum might not want her daughter to marry from a different tribe, some lbos can be very tribalistic.
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by bellong: 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
Phema:

shocked shocked shocked

Obara Jisos! *sprinkles holy water*

Receive fire...

You better close your eyes before pepper enters..
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by fav444(f): 7:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
malawi14:

God has done it for me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by chomytex(f): 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Wow,my brain is tabular rasa now.dnt have any suggestiön..concerning the mum,once she sees that u hv proposed she will have to choice than to accept you..pls notify us oh on the wedding date..me sef na umuahia bt neva go olokoro bfore.
malawi14:

1 Like

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by SAMBARRY: 8:50am On Oct 10, 2015
bellong:

grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 10, 2015
Im Lost o!
I be old school
Is hotel the new propsal method? embarassed

Op you better go and find a way of getting mama to your side first. What does she like? Get closer to the mama and find a way of getting her to your side.
Forget nollywood proposal for now . . those are for Gov daughter marrying obas son & its the parents that even "matchmaked" & "matchmooked" the kids in the first instance.

This is sambisia forest . . .focus on subduing the "opposition" first. leave feferity for later.
My 2 kobo advise

1 Like

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by malawi14(m): 12:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
Tnx I realy appreciate u guyz,I knew I could alws count on u guyz,as it is now ill kip on updating u guyz on this issue.pls put me nd my wife to b in prayers.
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by malawi14(m): 11:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
She said YES

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by Islie: 11:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
malawi14:
She said YES

Where did you finally propose to her thenundecided
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by GHoJes: 12:11am On Oct 11, 2015
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by malawi14(m): 12:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
Well I dint even hint her,I tuk her to my friends house,I dint even hint my friends too all of a sudden I stod up,everybody was jst stiring @me nd I told dem how she as bin wonderful,how I can't stay witout her,how my world wud be complete witout her,want to grow old nd have wonderful kids wit her.den I knealth dwn nd propose...................I was shaking nd I stirred tru her eyez,nd asked her will u marry ME?nd she said YES!I was so happy

1 Like

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by flyca: 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
Happy for both of you. I wish you both long life and harmony kiss

But razor blade is N10 nah undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by taryour(f): 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
bellong:

**her hole is** oga bellong that's really you typing the gods must be on vacation. lol

1 Like

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by bellong: 9:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
taryour:

**her hole is** oga bellong that's really you typing the gods must be on vacation. lol

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It is impersonation... grin
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by duduade: 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
Islie:

Where did you finally propose to her thenundecided
loool..
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by Ewuro4: 1:13am On Oct 12, 2015
taryour:

Hahaha the barawo gods are in Rio swimming in Moët filled tub. cheesy cheesy

Bellong ooh grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by malawi14(m): 12:26am On Jun 01, 2016
Finally we r getting married,you all are invited,nd thank God for me

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by Ishilove: 4:49am On Jun 01, 2016
malawi14:
Finally we r getting married,you all are invited,nd thank God for me
Congrats. And it ended in praises smiley
Re: I Want To Propose To My Fiancee by pet4ril(f): 7:39am On Jun 01, 2016
Congrats dearie

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Igbos Hold Naming Ceremonies For Newborns Only Three Months After Birth? / HELP: MY Wife Is Refusing To Cook For Me And I Want A Divorce / ### Clearance Sales!!! (Gift Items | Home Appliances | Kitchen Utensils)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.