Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? (18188 Views)

Why Are Nurses Treated Unfairly In The Health Sector? / How Much Do Nurses Earn In Nigeria? / Who Is More Promiscuous? Female Bankers Or Nurses ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by devimcy: 10:41am On May 07, 2009
your friend is right about 99% nurses are flirt infact i am a beneficial but folks like u can change it if u dare
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by oladigbolu: 4:12pm On May 07, 2009
Often times people Miss-conceptualize things, generally, people of high integrity are doing something and other people of low esteem are doing the same but differently though, so, the long and short of it all is that people`s ideology differs as was the case of twins born on the same day, people differs from eachother, taye might be a hardened robber whilst kehinde is a core professional in any human field of endeavour, name it medicine, law etc. So, is the case of nurses too, some women appreciate promiscuity whilst some detest it. grin grin grin wink
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by NOIBMUUL(m): 5:42pm On May 08, 2009
well, all d nurses i know are prom,
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by davenport(m): 4:22am On May 09, 2009
Most single nurses are promiscuous.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by teissys(f): 7:59am On May 09, 2009
No big deal.
Are they made of stone? Is it mercury that runs in their veins? They are human beings for pete's sake, not angels.
I wonder why we only like seeing the negative perspective of matters. . . Nurses have big hearts and that is all that matters; the rest is not for anybody to meddle in undecided
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by davenport(m): 10:20pm On May 09, 2009
@ teissys

do u mean big hearts or big holes?,

A MAN IS BORN CRYING, LIVES COMPLAINING AND DIES SUFFERING, Dats typical here in Naija. Though i think its getting better.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by kador(m): 12:25pm On May 10, 2009
Three Weeks ago i'd be a stuch supporter of the role(+ve i mean) surses play in human relations.
But i got a bitter taste of the so-called myth.
All Nurses, excet a handful, are prom. Those who claim to be holier-than-the-Pope are Green snakes under Green School of Nursing Roofs.

B-E-W-A-R-E??!!!!!!!!! shocked

I'm still skirting from the pain.

Nureses, u don't deserve True-Love.

To The few who're virtuous, Bravo & Gudluck!!!!!
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by teissys(f): 11:00am On May 11, 2009
davenport:

@ teissys

do u mean big hearts or big holes?,

A MAN IS BORN CRYING, LIVES COMPLAINING AND DIES SUFFERING, Dats typical here in Naija. Though i think its getting better.

Lol,
The gurus are showing up. . . wink cheesy grin
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by DrLorenz1(m): 11:48am On May 12, 2009
Y can't people just accept the fact that nurses being prom has to do with the individual?

Its like saying all Nigerians are 419ners. Labelling everyone just because some are.

Some of all you guys in here saying 99% and stuff will prolly end up marrying one, and when discussions like this come up, they'll shut the hell up like they don't understand english grin
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by sley4life(m): 9:40pm On Jul 01, 2009
Yes
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by sley4life(m): 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2009
Most nurse are promiscuous
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by dean2725: 4:00am On Jul 08, 2009
I think is true in nigeria especially for those ladies nurses that just went for 6months nursing training.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by ebunma: 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
The fact is: nurses know the shortest way to abortion also the cheapest way not to get pregnant, with this at their disposal most of them messed up by flirting around this now become people's mentality that nurses are flirt.
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2009
Well, I believe all professions have their own fair share of flirts, but I have me a personal experience mid last year. Here I was, almost passing out and was rushed to a hospital in the neighbourhood.After being attended to by a young lady doctor who was very professional, a young female nurse detailed to inject me (I was meeting her for the first time) flirted with me all all the while I was there and I couldnt believe it! I was too ill to even smile back.For the next five days I was there for further checks,I always prayed not to meet her. wink
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by indeyes: 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2009
@ Davenport: your remark was both disrespectful and sarcastic, rude and an insight to who you are, Sorry but no apology as it seems a direct attack to you.
You seem like the type who ll bask in the euphoria of the attention those auxiliary nurses give, lol, that's all they know, ps not all of them either as some use that as a foot stone to an accredited school plus have good morals not cos of the likes of you but for themselves.

I speak for my self and Nurses like me both in Nigeria and diaspora, I have touched the lives of many with my profession both back home and since moving to the States! We work so hard that we barely have time for ourselves or families not to talk of bothering about the rusty piece of crap you have curled inbtw your legs or the nasty diseases the tubes or balls of hell might be holding.

We have big hearts, if your mom was a Nurse, i wonder if you ll feel this excited and smart lipped to refer to nurses as having big holes not heart.
If your mom was one, which either way she does have a hole, it must have been big enough to expand or you would have been stuck in there drinking as much fluid as you can while we the nurses run around doing everything humanly possible to get you out of it! Are you trying to say you have not been touched by the care of a nurse?

Promiscuity is an individual thing. I was a nurse in Nigeria, not a dr's office nurse but a duly trained nurse in a school accredited by the Nursing & Midwifery council of Nigeria.

You should be able to distinguish between people who are professional and who are slutty, plus if one or 2 or 3 nurses decides to have sex with as much men as comes their way that's them, you can't label everyone just because your friend supposedly bagged or wanted to bag one.

Il confirm what a lot of people have already attested to, Promiscuity is a thing of the mind, different from each person, in a profession where women are much with less number of males and the possibility of being so busy you wont find time to date outside school or work hours, you find most Nurses seeking love and affection from the people they come in contact with, all with the hope of that person being the one! And end up being taken for granted.

Then there are those who like to hunt and be hunted, wild in nature, it has nothing to do with the profession, if nursing does anything really sexually to the mind of the students, its more consciousness to the diseases outside, that you can both see, read about and hear people complain about, after the initial shyness/ excitement of seeing one then 2 or more men & women naked, it becomes boring that all you want is to do your job, get it over with and leave for the sanity and solitude of your home.

Just like you see a lot of bankers end up marrying fellow bankers, Nurses also mingle with either the Dr's they work with or people who they meet and have cared for,
Now that is not to say there aren't sluts amongst us, quite a few looking back i can finger out many too who would sleep with anything even a rock in disguise, married or single, who think they can get anything they want just by giving out a piece of the folds between their thighs, but that is a fraction of them, Most nurses like i am, and my mother are responsible, hardworking caring self sacrificing individual who take our profession seriously, hold Ethics and Nursing codes strongly and appreciate the joy that caring for others brings us!
Satisfaction that money cant buy!

Let's try to be nice when we talk about people and professions that are life savers, stereotyping does no good, it only instills negative thoughts in the open minds of those honestly seeking truthful opinions. If smiling at you and making you feel comfortable and relaxed enough to let them care for you as should be done is the crime we have committed then i hope you meet someone stern and unfriendly and mean in your next visit!

That was my $0.02 ,
Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by choxcity: 9:05am On Feb 23, 2019
kador:
Three Weeks ago i'd be a stuch supporter of the role(+ve i mean) surses play in human relations.
But i got a bitter taste of the so-called myth.
All Nurses, excet a handful, are prom. Those who claim to be holier-than-the-Pope are Green snakes under Green School of Nursing Roofs.

B-E-W-A-R-E??!!!!!!!!! shocked

I'm still skirting from the pain.

Nureses, u don't deserve True-Love.

To The few who're virtuous, Bravo & Gudluck!!!!!
cheesy

Hmmmmm! I actually googled and found this topic this morning after wondering to myself all through the night about this matter.

I met this cute, young (29 years), beautiful and innocent looking looking lady. Every thing I could see physically is all I would call MY SPEC, we started dating, having fun together, and started talking about marriage.
Recently she confessed to me that she was sleeping with a guy in her estate, then she later disclosed that she was sleeping with one of her colleagues and two of her former school colleagues (on steady) and I told I will consider that to be her past if she could start a clean sheet and we agreed.

Two days ago, I took excuse from work so I spend sometime with her since it was her off day and we had a lot of fun and as we were sleeping in the early evening, we were looking at some pictures on her phone till she slept. My greatest mistake came when I ventured into her messages only to find communication of sexual encounter with about five more guys from badoo and Facebook. There was even a communication about one of them using her for money rituals she said "please did u use me for money rituals because I'm seeing some signs" . To another, it was a plea of how she would love to come spend the night with him, she said "babe please pick your call now, I really want to come spend the night with you, I want to carry your baby".

All these shocked me because when I met her I was assuming she might even be a virgin, now I'm finding out that she's sleeping with 10 different guys on schedule.

I told her what I found and also told her that she's think it's the pressure from her mum that is causing her to be maybe desperate. I told her I wasn't judging her but I just want her to stop all those people but she choose to break up with me on the basis of checking her phone (though I apologized for that) rather than stopping the sexual rampage.

Conclusion, I can't generalized that all nurses are promiscuous but I have met like 2 now who are very promiscuous. This other one might be a Nympho. She work at lasuth Ikeja, so next time u see a cute innocent looking nurse at Ikeja who is 29 years old, she might just be the one.

Re: Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? by InyangO: 10:06pm On Aug 19, 2021
I searched this out cos I wanted to know others' opinion on whether nurses are promiscuous. I believe nursing students are highly promiscuous and I am saying so from my experience as a medical doctor. When I was a medical student, I noticed that nursing students were sleeping around, they could go to anywhere and many of them had multiple sexual partners. I had a couple of friends who slept with many of them and then would gossipped about what they did. I have no similar experience with professional nurses, many of whom are married. However, those professionals, the single ladies, were promiscuous, not all of them though. This makes me wonder why nursing students are promiscuous, whether there's a spirit of immorality behind the establishment of nursing profession I am yet to know. A private hospital I work has a nursing school and almost all the students either had been pregnant at one time and aborted or would be pregnant and abort. Only one percent of these students are not promiscuous, I mean where I am and it concerns me a lot. There is one particular nursing student that I used to think was a born again Christian and Iused to give kudos to her. One day she came to me and told me she was pregnant and wanted abortion. I was shocked. Well, I told her I am against her wish and counselled her to keep but she went somewhere and secured abortion and after some weeks returned to her studies. Sometimes, girls I would not even think would know anything, would surprised me when they say they're pregnant. I don't think that this tendency of nursing students being promiscuous goes away after graduation or it can't continue when they become professionals, especially the singles.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady / Things You Should Never Say To Your Employees. / N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.