Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? (26456 Views)

The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal / 10 Acres Of Land For N20million. / Samuel Robinson: Teenager Asks For N20million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by mikkypel(m): 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
Gimme 20 million and I would create my country
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by donolatunji(m): 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
OP already knew the ans to his Q b4 posting........
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by sleek82(m): 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
klax:
Pls do you know the meaning of green card I guess you don't know because if you know the meaning you won't be comparing 20 million to green card ok.

Now listen very well green card in your hand is the beginning of a new age slavery under the white man get that fact today. This is mistake many are making green card is not money ooo listen very well it's just a *a stay* or resudency* that is all, you will need to work your a s s to become anything in that environment, millions around the world from Nigeria with stays or green card are roasting out their some has be working with that green card for 15 years or more without having 1 million naira in their accout in Nigeria or equivalent in any foreign currency wherever they are talkless of 20 million.

I live their, I studied and not only live their i have their citizenship but Bro home is good I mean my Nigeria is great if not for bad government what is green card Bro it's a mere travelling and working paper, period

Have advised so many of my friends to come down home snd try something but some accepted but many refused and can't blame them insecurity etc but it's our country if Dangote, Adenuga etc still stays here in Nigeria then what is the excuse Home is good Bro.

God bless.
now im skeptical about somany things u typed here. If going by what you typed, i want to presume you have lived there for about 10yrs, atleast 5yrs and probably you lived in US....you mean after living in US for about 5-10yrs, you cant boast of having made up to One hundred thousand dollars? Then i should question you and not the system. The 20mill naira is just one hundred thousand USD and i know like a billion nigerians who have lived in the states for 5yrs, even less and have bought houses. Maybe its the country you lived sha. Please which country did you live in and became citizen? And please how is a greencard enslavery?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Mcteeblack: 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
klax:
Pls do you know the meaning of green card I guess you don't know because if you know the meaning you won't be comparing 20 million to green card ok.

Now listen very well green card in your hand is the beginning of a new age slavery under the white man get that fact today. This is mistake many are making green card is not money ooo listen very well it's just a *a stay* or resudency* that is all, you will need to work your a s s to become anything in that environment, millions around the world from Nigeria with stays or green card are roasting out their some has be working with that green card for 15 years or more without having 1 million naira in their accout in Nigeria or equivalent in any foreign currency wherever they are talkless of 20 million.

I live their, I studied and not only live their i have their citizenship but Bro home is good I mean my Nigeria is great if not for bad government what is green card Bro it's a mere travelling and working paper, period

Have advised so many of my friends to come down home snd try something but some accepted but many refused and can't blame them insecurity etc but it's our country if Dangote, Adenuga etc still stays here in Nigeria then what is the excuse Home is good Bro.

God bless.

U right, but I'll stand to correct u on something. Everybody in the State work their ass up to get money not just the immigrates. Even white folks are homeless. But once u study here, you'll be able to have a better job to move to d middle class. From there you work on how to move further. There is more opportunities here in the state than in Nigeria but with 20 million naira? Am staying in Nigeria lol

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by daxon001(m): 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
I'v always haven't trusted myself with money management.I hav always wondered whether I could handle a huge some of money and make it multiply.
Guys I have 20 million I won 2ru a promo,how do I manage itI see dis as a huge challenge which I think other peeps can have as well.
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
E get as i go spend the 20m i go dey enter yankee like water,no difference from living there.if i get green card e no automatically mean say kori no go catch me even for the yankee
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by lancee(m): 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
magicminister:
[size=20pt]Hmmm

I will take green card
[/size]

If I get a green card to u.s. and I am allowed to enjoy the benefits american citizens enjoy, I can make back that 20 million and even more within 2 years....

Looking at things from another angle, 20 million naira is less than 200 thousand dollars and the average folks in u.s. go homr with about 50-80k dollars after tax.
The smarter choice would be the green card.
The easier choice is 20 million.

Who told u all theses , in 2 year u try oo ...ask people with green card how long it took them to SETTLE DOWN

You don't know Nothn , am i tell u sometn

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by subbieD(f): 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
Green card undecided Heaven NO , 20million is kiss

Now that I have answered your question ,where is my money? embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by nextstep(m): 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
sleek82:
Well somany might see no sense in this but i still would say it anyway. I currently live in canada with a green card and i work $23/hr and 40hrs a week, pls do the maths and calc how much i earn in a month....mind you, this is my first job and i am just 4mnths old in Canada. Somany would pick 20mill and think they would start a biz with it....yeah it makes sense, only that 20mill might not sustain you for a long time and dont forget that theres no extra income to care for your needs, which means you probably would be practically living on the profits made from the biz you are starting and who says the biz will even boom?....remember you have families too that would not let you rest from the fact that they heard that you just received 20mill ooo. As i am, i can travel to any country i so like....any country!
But just analysing the two things, i think the green card is better cos it would give you the opportunity to make a good living both for you and your immediate family and you can make a living that would save you 20mill at the long run but on the other hand, 20mill will almost never give you a green card even if you get successful at the long run. This is just ma opinion sha ooo

But if you're like most Nigerians who are successful within Nigeria, you don't need a green card to provide for your family. In fact, it's those people I admire: they have successful businesses; mansions in Nigeria AND in the US/UK; can travel as they like; and send their children abroad to study. Very very few green card holders can do any of that; most are just barely surviving. Which leads me to do the math, as you say.

$23/hour * 2000hours/year translates to $46000 anually. Let's break it down (roughly):

Tax rate in Canada on the first $45,000 is about 16%, leaving (46000 - 46000*16%) = $39000
Housing is about 1400, give or take, depending on if you have dependents, and adding heating+electric+internet+cable, leaving (39000-1400*12) = 22200
Food is about 500, transport 200 (600 if you loan a car), clothing, cell phone, etc. can become another $1500/month, leaving (22000-1500*12) = $4200

$4200CAD is about #700,000NGN

These numbers may not reflect your reality, but I'd be impressed if you managed to save more than 700k per year in Canada. If you did, you'll need to save for almost 28 years. Don't forget you're also going to pay sales tax on your car, clothing, phone, in short most things, so you'll end up with less than this.

With 20million today, hah, my life will change.

7 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Cwaya(m): 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2015

TWENTY FCCUKING MILLA BABY>>

GREEN SHIT!!
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by LordPhilip(m): 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
With 20million I will get all the green and yellow cards I need.
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Booty4me: 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
none
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by menshealth1234: 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
Cure and End Premature Ejaculationn!!!

LAST MUCH MORE LONGA IN BED WITTH ANY WOMAN NATURALLY WITHOUTT Dangerous Pills, Herbs and Medicationn.

No Pills, No Drugs, No Creams, No Herbs,
100%Natural Solutionn To Solve, Cure And Prolongg Ejaculationn!
goto http :// bit. ly/W2H0mJ Now!!!,,

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Mcteeblack: 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
sleek82:
now im skeptical about somany things u typed here. If going by what you typed, i want to presume you have lived there for about 10yrs, atleast 5yrs and probably you lived in US....you mean after living in US for about 5-10yrs, you cant boast of having made up to One hundred thousand dollars? Then i should question you and not the system. The 20mill naira is just one hundred thousand USD and i know like a billion nigerians who have lived in the states for 5yrs, even less and have bought houses. Maybe its the country you lived sha. Please which country did you live in and became citizen? And please how is a greencard enslavery?
Wow, I see somebody has been deceived dat he'll make millions in America within a year. My brother no b so. If u see anyone dat has collected his house within 2 yrs dat he got to America, pls call him n ask wat he does. Just do d calculation urself. U make $10 to 15 per hour. Max of 2500 per month. Ur home take is 1800 after tax. U pay house rent 700/month, light 80, gas 200, , car insurance 130, food 100, car loan 300 to 500 depending on the car. Water bill 50, trash 40, and other personal bills like credit card. So tell me how u wanna build a house in with 2 yrs when u still have to send money to ur people at home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Damminglola(f): 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
I'll prefer 20M plus the green card. lipsrsealed

Then I'll later burn the green card. grin

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by advocates: 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
Lilimax:
You may take a look but will put it down soonest due to some reasons smiley
Such maturity and simplicity you expressed left me breathless. Thanks Lili, i always new you are beautiful, your posts always confirm my suspense, will keep in touch.

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
With all due respect that's just £57, 971. Do you know the fugg you can achieve with a green card, if you work hard enough?

I'll make that 20m in just over 2 years and still hold my damn password to the world.

Mark you, my living condition and quality of life will still be better than the guy with 20m in naija --all things being equal.

If for example you limit the right to stay to say, 2 years, then I'd take the 20m.

3 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Boyooosa(m): 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
Av seen what i dare search for in the GREEN land, so grin
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by lancee(m): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
nextstep:

But if you're like most Nigerians who are successful within Nigeria, you don't need a green card to provide for your family. In fact, it's those people I admire: they have successful businesses; mansions in Nigeria AND in the US/UK; can travel as they like; and send their children abroad to study. Very very few green card holders can do any of that, just barely surviving. Which leads me to:

$23/hour * 2000hours/year translates to $46000 anually.

He is just 4 months old in canada , so he is right with what he is saying ..don't worry he will get more light the more u live in that canada ..i had the same idea 15 years ago

Ur $46000 annually .. hope u don remove taxes , house rent , student loan if u have one , compulsory car insurance etc ..if u re married/children / baby sitter u pay more ..Let me just stop here

U go work all ur life

2 Likes

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Johnnoo(m): 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
My mother-inlaw Green card is poooooooohh!!! Give me the damn 20mils mehn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by lancee(m): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
Mcteeblack:

Wow, I see somebody has been deceived dat he'll make millions in America within a year. My brother no b so. If u see anyone dat has collected his house within 2 yrs dat he got to America, pls call him n ask wat he does. Just do d calculation urself. U make $10 to 15 per hour. Max of 2500 per month. Ur home take is 1800 after tax. U pay house rent 700/month, light 80, gas 200, , car insurance 130, food 100, car loan 300 to 500 depending on the car. Water bill 50, trash 40, and other personal bills like credit card. So tell me how u wanna build a house in with 2 yrs when u still have to send money to ur people at home

EXACTLY ..he still still new ..My cousin is in canada ..his father has a gas station in naija doing well ...he is tired planning to go back to naija even with his green card

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by MemphisDepay(m): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
Dumb question.. Green Card of course!!!
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Mcteeblack: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
sleek82:
Well somany might see no sense in this but i still would say it anyway. I currently live in canada with a green card and i work $23/hr and 40hrs a week, pls do the maths and calc how much i earn in a month....mind you, this is my first job and i am just 4mnths old in Canada. Somany would pick 20mill and think they would start a biz with it....yeah it makes sense, only that 20mill might not sustain you for a long time and dont forget that theres no extra income to care for your needs, which means you probably would be practically living on the profits made from the biz you are starting and who says the biz will even boom?....remember you have families too that would not let you rest from the fact that they heard that you just received 20mill ooo. As i am, i can travel to any country i so like....any country!
But just analysing the two things, i think the green card is better cos it would give you the opportunity to make a good living both for you and your immediate family and you can make a living that would save you 20mill at the long run but on the other hand, 20mill will almost never give you a green card even if you get successful at the long run. This is just ma opinion sha ooo
You are still very young in Canada, come back and share u story after 1 to 2 years. Am very sure u haven't started to pay all of ur bills. Imagine, just 23 Canadian dollar and no over time. YOUNG SHALL GROW
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Mcteeblack: 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
lancee:

EXACTLY ..he still still new ..My cousin is in canada ..his father has a gas station in naija doing well ...he is tired planning to go back to naija even with his green card
Lol, pity this jooli just come

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
Get your facts right lol. The average US citizen don't go home with 50-80k dolls. It's lesser. With that said, I'd go for the green card as well. I can still run things here in Naija.

magicminister:
[size=20pt]Hmmm

I will take green card
[/size]

If I get a green card to u.s. and I am allowed to enjoy the benefits american citizens enjoy, I can make back that 20 million and even more within 2 years....

Looking at things from another angle, 20 million naira is less than 200 thousand dollars and the average folks in u.s. go homr with about 50-80k dollars after tax.

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
magicminister:
[size=20pt]Hmmm

I will take green card
[/size]

Na America wey dey Mars or na the one wey dey this our earth. Who has been feeding you with this shiite , Nairalanders who dey live for America full for here , better ask them before you get brainwashed.
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by lancee(m): 3:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
Mcteeblack:

You are still very young in Canada, come back and share u story after 1 to 2 years. Am very sure u haven't started to pay all of ur bills. Imagine, just 23 Canadian dollar and no over time. YOUNG SHALL GROW

grin grin i experienced it this Ist 5 years .. 2 jobs .. i could not even account for most of the money made

U re welcome , if u re still young u still get opportunity ..no paying for baby sitter amgst other bills

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN EITHER GREEN CARD OR 20 MILLION ..BUT get the mindset that IT WILL TAKE A WHILE TO SETTLE ABROAD

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by lancee(m): 3:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
Mcteeblack:

grin i experienced this 1st 5 years .. 2 jobs .. i could not even account for most of the money made

U re welcome , if u re still young u still get opportunity ..no paying for baby sitter amgst other bills

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN GREEN CARD OR 20 MILLION ..BUT get the mindset that IT WILL TAKE A WHILE TO SETTLE ABROAD

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Koleman(m): 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
All i need is 5million. You can keep de rest
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
klax:

God bless.

Shebi me sef I'm in the u.s. We will tell them but they wont listen. mess green card. Make it 7 million naira. I will come back once im done with my schooling.
Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by RaptorX: 3:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
magicminister:
[size=20pt]Hmmm

I will take green card
[/size]

You must have been watching too many Hollywood movies if you think within two years of getting to the US, you would have saved 200,000$. Lol the ignorance of many Nigerians about life abroad is something else. 95% of American citizens not even immigrants do not have 200,000$ in their bank account, most live pay check to pay check. I will reject the green card for even ordinary 10 million naira.

1 Like

Re: N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? by Neduzze5(m): 3:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
Lilimax:
Green card ke? See question shocked
Abeg, I will grab the 20 million sharperly sharperly as a confirmed Igbotic girl. smiley
It'll further broaden my business empire cool

What do you do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth / IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 / First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.